This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateGipsy
    Before we get complaints about anti-ship in this thread, please be aware that if you directly start talking about anti-shippers here, it is unfair not to expect them to come into the thread and put forward their point of view.

If you genuinely want to know why anti-shippers have a particular viewpoint then please start a seperate thread for that. If you ask about them or talk about them here, then please accept that they are entitled to come in and reply.

I must apologize for my original post since apparently it was the grounds for opening the door to anti-J/S explanations. I can only explain that as a new poster I mistakenly thought a "protected" thread meant that. Apologies to all.

Comment

Hey is anyone going to Wolf SG1 Scotland in November

It's in Glasgow, and it's only a one day thing, but it's only the second SG1 event in Scotland.
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
        If Sam and Jack had been on a light-hearted date during the first season then yes, I could see that. I suppose that the writers could write a nice lighthearted S/J date with banter and smiling even now. Neither of those things are going to make me be anti-Pete though

For the record, I'd just like to say why I post in here from time to time. No one's been shirty with me about it or made me feel unwelcome, but I probably ought to explain a couple of things, in case I've been bothering anyone.

This is an interesting thread, so when I have time I like to read it. Every now and then someone makes a comment about anti-shippers or other people not resident in this thread. Usually I let it pass as usually it's a reasonable and non-insulting comment, but there have been a couple which I felt innacurate, or which included questions.

Also I like to discuss ship with shippers, and sometimes it's nice to do that in the ship discussion threads, but I know that a lot of shippers find those threads a bit unpleasant or more antagonistic and sometimes it's nice to be able to talk about things in a way that can't really be done there, so I've sometimes come here, aware that this is *your* 'home turf'. I've asked a few questions about S/J and got some thought provoking answers, and some explanations for things that have puzzled me, that sort of thing. It's nice to be able to get those replies from people who are a bit more relaxed because they know they aren't going to be challenged and if they did they'd have a heck of a lot of back-up!

I'm not out to bring anti-S/Jness into your thread. I'm never going to disguise the fact that, except in some fanfic etc, I'm anti-S/J, but if I ask a question and my posts provoke replies with which I disagree I don't follow up; I avoid replying with argument, I'm aware that this is not the place for argument.

I hope that's okay with y'all. I think the shipper threads are big enough (8,000+ posts in three months?) that they can absorb all sorts of talk about S/J. If you're not happy about me postng here, let me know and I'll reign it in
        All in the (Stargate) Family. Plenty of heated discussion, but lots of love too. You're that cousin or aunt related by marriage-- instead of fiery shipper blood. I usually stay away from the other threads because it can get too antagonistic, so having someone that didn't grow up in the shipper house give their views-- without being snarky-- brings an interesting perspective. Thanks for your posts.

ship sistah (in-law?)

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by Token
          I can't remember who and where I read about someone wanting to write letters to advertisers of Stargate. I've been thinking about this. The person presumed that advertisers couldn't care two flips about Sam and Jack with regards to Stargate. While this may be true, they might listen if the matter is approached this way:

My number ONE problem with Pete is his actions towards Sam. We all know what those are so I won't revisit them. That doesn't speak well for women in general. IMO. There has been a long history of people contacting advertisers of a show that displays 'disliked' behavior.

I said all that to say that contacting advertisers could work if approached from a certain perspective. Advertisers are usually sensitive to customers.

Anyway, no matter who you write, let your voice be heard!

Sam and Jack Together!!!!!
          And get your friends and family members to write, too. Tell them they would do it if they really loved you-- plus, they'll get to see fluffy again safe and sound.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
            KELDOR!!!!! YOU NAUGHTY NAUGHTY SYMBIOTE *said while blushing up a storm*

He says he would throw himself prostrate at Amanda's feet to try and see if he could get a "peek," if you know what I mean. Oy! Kel'sha! You're brother has a dirty, dirty mind!
            MG! whooosh SLAP SLAP *kiwigater gives mad_gater a swift (but not hard) slap across both cheeks to snap him out of it!*
            Surely there's a Sam thunk thread where you can admire AT (altho this peeking thing seems a little creepy...) (yes, I am a pot calling the kettle black - RDA thunk thread???? what's that??? *innocent look*).

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
              And get your friends and family members to write, too. Tell them they would do it if they really loved you-- plus, they'll get to see fluffy again safe and sound.

ship sistah

LOL!
              Poor Fluffy! Bet he never thought he'd be a pawn in the quest of the shippers

Comment

ship sistah
                LOL! Shame on you ShipSistah! Us shippers never threaten anybody else's pets! Us shippers are very calm and collected and loving! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                  MG! whooosh SLAP SLAP *kiwigater gives mad_gater a swift (but not hard) slap across both cheeks to snap him out of it!*
                  Surely there's a Sam thunk thread where you can admire AT (altho this peeking thing seems a little creepy...) (yes, I am a pot calling the kettle black - RDA thunk thread???? what's that??? *innocent look*).
                  It's Keldor you should be slapping! He's the one who needs to snap out of it! Wait till he's in control again so that when you slap "me," you'll actually be slapping Keldor. Why do you think I was blushing so hard? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                    WOO - HOO!

I just learned that there is a SG convention near me in August and I don't have to work that weekend! Sorry for the outburst (blushes) but I've never been to one of these before and I'm excited!!!

Does anyone know if there's a way you can meet up with other shippers at one of these things? Professional conferences usually have special interest groups or round table discussions that are scheduled in the conference program. Do any of you who've been to SG conferences know if they do it that way or have any suggestions? (I wonder if there is such a thing as a shippers' round table)??

If anyone wants me to do anything while I'm there, please let me know and I'll do my best. I just ordered the general weekend pass, but whatever that gets me, I'll try to do. It's Aug. 7/8 in NJ.

Later, shippers
                    I was gonna go to that one!!! I'll meet you there!

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by Token

Hooray!!! Good for you!!

Do you have a list of who will be attending? I'm sure we can come up with a few ideas for you to do at the convention. How does throwing yourself prostrate at Amanda's feet and begging her to dump the Pete storyline sound??
                      Here's who'll be there:
                      GUESTS:
                      Appearing Saturday:
                      CHRISTOPHER JUDGE
                      TONY AMENDOLA
                      DON DAVIS

Appearing Sunday:
                      MICHAEL SHANKS
                      AMANDA TAPPING
                      TERYL ROTHERY

Comment

BTW kiwigater, I like your avatar. I think Janet was a shipper too. I wonder if Janet would've advised Sam to dump and tell her to have that talk with Jack if she were still around in the series. Hey! Maybe Janet would've gotten together w/ Teal'c to think up schemes to get Sam and Jack together!!!! And fallen in love with each other themselves in the process!!!!

Comment

I feel violated because that is exactly what I did with SG1 - I did not ask for the ship, did not make the writers write it ( which they did in many eps, which I could go into detail and name but won't as I know I am preaching to the choir here ). I agreed to let them lead me into the ship and they have lead me down a path that I do not want to be on. Thus, they have violated the agreement I had with them . * exits rant mode*

Anyway, for me the whole SG1 depression has morphed into sheer resignation - I still watch, still see ship, still think Sam and Jack will be together in the end, but I hold no hope that it will end like I think it
                          should . I have lost faith in TPTB and I am not sure I can get it back. So my heart goes out to all of you who are in the middle of the worst of the depression right now and I really hope that something comes along that makes us all feel better!
                          I have lost faith in the PTB. That's it!

When I pick up a Nora Roberts book I know that the main characters will have to struggle to overcome their obstacles in order to be together, but I KNOW that the ending will be a satisfying happy ending. Therefore, I can relax and enjoy the roller coaster.

When it comes to TPTB, I don't know that the ending to SG and S/J will be one I find satisfying. So I'm afraid of this roller coaster. I'm not relaxing and enjoying like I did years ago. Sigh. I am hanging on for dear life.

I love Stargate. I will be happier when Atlantis has premiered and we can get back to regular new episodes of SG.

Happy
                          Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Here's who'll be there:
                            GUESTS:
                            Appearing Saturday:
                            CHRISTOPHER JUDGE
                            TONY AMENDOLA
                            DON DAVIS

Appearing Sunday:
                            MICHAEL SHANKS
                            AMANDA TAPPING
                            TERYL ROTHERY
                            Hey! Maybe you should ask Tony if Bra'tac is a shipper as well. Haven't seen any evidence that Bra'tac knows what's between Sam and Jack, but ya never know eh?

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Happy

When I pick up a Nora Roberts book I know that the main characters will have to struggle to overcome their obstacles in order to be together, but I KNOW that the ending will be a satisfying happy ending. Therefore, I can relax and enjoy the roller coaster.

When it comes to TPTB, I don't know that the ending to SG and S/J will be one I find satisfying. So I'm afraid of this roller coaster. I'm not relaxing and enjoying like I did years ago. Sigh. I am hanging on for dear life.

I love Stargate. I will be happier when Atlantis has premiered and we can get back to regular new episodes of SG.

Happy
                              (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HAPPY)))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

That's it. Take comfort in your shipper family. Keldor thinks the Goa'uld may be manipulating TPTB. Wouldn't surprise me since Sam and Jack getting together would really spell the end for the Goa'uld. That could also be why the Goa'uld killed Janet. They knew she would do everything in her power to get Sam and Jack together.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Happy

Happy
                                LOVE NORA ROBERTS!!!!!!

And I guess that is one of the reasons I too can take the rollercoaster of her books I KNOW in the end there will be an ending worth all the UPS and DOWNS.

I am *TRYING* to have faith that TPTB will make it worht all the UPS and DOWNS they are putting us through
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X