This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey folks!

I'm sending my Jack/Sam petition away on the 21st.

if you want added, send your age, name and location to

[email protected]

(57 names so far!!!)
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
      You don't think that if S/J were to have a light-hearted date (yeah, I know, regs) they wouldn't be having this type of banter and Sam wouldn't be smiling like crazy?
      If Sam and Jack had been on a light-hearted date during the first season then yes, I could see that. I suppose that the writers could write a nice lighthearted S/J date with banter and smiling even now. Neither of those things are going to make me be anti-Pete though

For the record, I'd just like to say why I post in here from time to time. No one's been shirty with me about it or made me feel unwelcome, but I probably ought to explain a couple of things, in case I've been bothering anyone.

This is an interesting thread, so when I have time I like to read it. Every now and then someone makes a comment about anti-shippers or other people not resident in this thread. Usually I let it pass as usually it's a reasonable and non-insulting comment, but there have been a couple which I felt innacurate, or which included questions.

Also I like to discuss ship with shippers, and sometimes it's nice to do that in the ship discussion threads, but I know that a lot of shippers find those threads a bit unpleasant or more antagonistic and sometimes it's nice to be able to talk about things in a way that can't really be done there, so I've sometimes come here, aware that this is *your* 'home turf'. I've asked a few questions about S/J and got some thought provoking answers, and some explanations for things that have puzzled me, that sort of thing. It's nice to be able to get those replies from people who are a bit more relaxed because they know they aren't going to be challenged and if they did they'd have a heck of a lot of back-up!

I'm not out to bring anti-S/Jness into your thread. I'm never going to disguise the fact that, except in some fanfic etc, I'm anti-S/J, but if I ask a question and my posts provoke replies with which I disagree I don't follow up; I avoid replying with argument, I'm aware that this is not the place for argument.

I hope that's okay with y'all. I think the shipper threads are big enough (8,000+ posts in three months?) that they can absorb all sorts of talk about S/J. If you're not happy about me postng here, let me know and I'll reign it in

Madeleine

Comment

I can't remember who and where I read about someone wanting to write letters to advertisers of Stargate. I've been thinking about this. The person presumed that advertisers couldn't care two flips about Sam and Jack with regards to Stargate. While this may be true, they might listen if the matter is approached this way:

My number ONE problem with Pete is his actions towards Sam. We all know what those are so I won't revisit them. That doesn't speak well for women in general. IMO. There has been a long history of people contacting advertisers of a show that displays 'disliked' behavior.

I said all that to say that contacting advertisers could work if approached from a certain perspective. Advertisers are usually sensitive to customers.

Anyway, no matter who you write, let your voice be heard!

Sam and Jack Together!!!!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
          If Sam and Jack had been on a light-hearted date during the first season then yes, I could see that. I suppose that the writers could write a nice lighthearted S/J date with banter and smiling even now. Neither of those things are going to make me be anti-Pete though
          If Sam and Jack had been on a light-hearted date during the first season, I would have been a happy camper; but besides that, the bf storyline would not have evolved as it did or even existed at all.

For the record, I'd just like to say why I post in here from time to time. No one's been shirty with me about it or made me feel unwelcome, but I probably ought to explain a couple of things, in case I've been bothering anyone.

This is an interesting thread, so when I have time I like to read it. Every now and then someone makes a comment about anti-shippers or other people not resident in this thread. Usually I let it pass as usually it's a reasonable and non-insulting comment, but there have been a couple which I felt innacurate, or which included questions.

Also I like to discuss ship with shippers, and sometimes it's nice to do that in the ship discussion threads, but I know that a lot of shippers find those threads a bit unpleasant or more antagonistic and sometimes it's nice to be able to talk about things in a way that can't really be done there, so I've sometimes come here, aware that this is *your* 'home turf'. I've asked a few questions about S/J and got some thought provoking answers, and some explanations for things that have puzzled me, that sort of thing. It's nice to be able to get those replies from people who are a bit more relaxed because they know they aren't going to be challenged and if they did they'd have a heck of a lot of back-up!

I'm not out to bring anti-S/Jness into your thread. I'm never going to disguise the fact that, except in some fanfic etc, I'm anti-S/J, but if I ask a question and my posts provoke replies with which I disagree I don't follow up; I avoid replying with argument, I'm aware that this is not the place for argument.

I hope that's okay with y'all. I think the shipper threads are big enough (8,000+ posts in three months?) that they can absorb all sorts of talk about S/J. If you're not happy about me postng here, let me know and I'll reign it in
          Personally speaking, I have no problem with you posting here. Your posts are respectful, and "Thank you" for not being argumentative. It is true that I stay here because I know my opinions will be respected here even if I don't agree with my fellow shippers on all points. This is my first on-line fandom experience, and I would like to keep it a good experience. I have a thin skin so I don't venture out of this thread much.

You are right about us being big enough to absorb different opinions about S/J. However, right now (IMO) we shippers feel we are being beaten and tortured because we want S/J together so we are a little more sensitive to criticism. Those of us who are feeling optimistic are trying hard to keep the other family members from leaving.

Token ~

Comment

Madeleine, everyone is welcome here. Grab a cookie, choose your beverage of choice..... and let's party!!
            sigpic

Comment

Just wanted to say something to all of you who are so depressed right now (don't know you all well enough to say names and am too new to figure out how to quote numerous people). I feel so bad for you because I felt exactly the same way a few months ago. For me it was reading that was going to be in season 8. My brain couldn't take that and I shut down - didn't touch anything SG until about 3 days before New Order, when I came back here to the Shipper Family and came out of the depression only to be seated on the roller coaster(and I hate roller coasters!)

Been thinking alot about why I am so upset
              *enters rant mode* It is because I feel violated. I know it is only a tv show , but I think you all understand. When I watch a show( whether it is SG1 or Jag or any other show) that uses ship to entice a cetain audience ( i.e. me) I know that I am being manipulated and that makes me uncomfortable, so I make an unspoken agreement with TPTB. I agree to let them manipulate me and they give me entertainment. If I let them manipulate me, then I have the power. I let them lead me through the flirtations, the obstacles, the red herring relationships because I choose to.

I feel violated because that is exactly what I did with SG1 - I did not ask for the ship, did not make the writers write it ( which they did in many eps, which I could go into detail and name but won't as I know I am preaching to the choir here ). I agreed to let them lead me into the ship and they have lead me down a path that I do not want to be on. Thus, they have violated the agreement I had with them . * exits rant mode*

Anyway, for me the whole SG1 depression has morphed into sheer resignation - I still watch, still see ship, still think Sam and Jack will be together in the end, but I hold no hope that it will end like I think it
              should . I have lost faith in TPTB and I am not sure I can get it back. So my heart goes out to all of you who are in the middle of the worst of the depression right now and I really hope that something comes along that makes us all feel better!

"Pete Who?"

Even my DOG is a shipper!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                .... ((((((((((((kiwigater))))))))))))))

We all have our bad days, but I've been taking a steady diet of being beaten since the day of the premier. Last night I was talking to a *tiny bit shipper* friend... and when I off-handedly referred to being upset about things -she knew about the ring pic- she said... GROW THE F**K UP! I just added her to the 'beat the shippers up' list. *note: she's no longer a friend* Now as for the O'Neill series; soooo many ppl have enjoyed them, and since I'm far from regaining my ship mojo, I don't want to hold back everyones enjoyment of these pics. So, someone should take over. If/when I get my ship mojo back, I'll just post a shippy pic. It's really no biggie. Please fellow shippers, take it over.

Take back the last season and a half....

Sally

ps - I'm using smileys again, so that's a step up.
                ((((((((((((((((((((((((Aunty Sally)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I know what it's like when people you thought of as close friends say or do something really mean and now they're no longer your friend. I used to live in a 4-bedroom on-campus apt in my first academic year living on my own. And in that first year I had roomates I grew to like, even think of as my own brothers. Then they graduated and I got roomates who eventually became really nasty towards me and even assaulted me with their BB guns. I don't care what anybody else says. When BB guns shoot at close to 300 ft/s, they hurt. So I had to take police action against this new set of roomates and as a result they transferred me to a 2 bedroom unit in a different on-campus complex. I still keep in occaisional contact with the first set of roomies. As a matter of fact, one of them is going to be going to grad school in Europe (lucky dog). As a matter of fact I told my first set of roomies what the next set did to me and boy were they pi$$ed.

Keldor wants to get your ex-friend and my second set of roomies from my first on-campus apartment together and give them all a good zatting. Actually one of the second set of roomies was a semi-stargate fan. I would never have expected such nasty behavior from him, esp. towards a fellow SG fan.

Comment

Originally posted by zabbugh
                  Hey gang!
                  I haven't been around since the last thread. I needed a breather. I am caught up and very happy with the folks in this thread. You all are a resilient, optimistic and wonderfully supportive bunch of people.

I have stated before that I wondered about the widom of my reading spoilers and interviews, this hit home these past few days. I do however enjoy reading all of your thoughts and reactions. I still want to play in here, still not sure about the show though.

I will be heading out for a week in Charleston soon. RL just got very interesting. Hubs took a new job and we are moving to San Fransico, or thereabouts. I am in a Master's program here and am in a quandry as to what to do. So, to get on topic, I may be an infrequent poster so please don't forget about me and know that I always think of you!

Chris
                  ((((((((((((((zabbugh))))))))))))

Who are you again? LOL! just kiddin'

We'd never forget you! Hope RL turns out OK for you!

Comment

I don't know if any of you remember the movie starring Jean Claude Van Damme called "Timecop." Anyhow, they tried to make a series out of it, but it fizzled pretty quickly. The series lasted for only 6 episodes. Which really disappointed me since I saw great potential in the series. In that short-lived series I was seing the beginnings of ship between that lead male and female characters (Jack Logan and Claire Hemmings). So when TPTB for the series canceled it, I was disappointed since they never resolved that ship.

Here's an idea: Those of you who do remember this short lived Timecop series can write a crossover Timecop/Stargate fanfic with a Claire/Logan and Sam/Jack pairing. Of course what's a story without a little humor at the beginning. At the beginning when they send Claire and Logan to the SGC to help them out for whatever reason, you could write it so that the machine spits out Claire and Logan sliding across Jack's desk, knocking his paperwork all over the floor.

Comment

WOO - HOO!

I just learned that there is a SG convention near me in August and I don't have to work that weekend! Sorry for the outburst (blushes) but I've never been to one of these before and I'm excited!!!

Does anyone know if there's a way you can meet up with other shippers at one of these things? Professional conferences usually have special interest groups or round table discussions that are scheduled in the conference program. Do any of you who've been to SG conferences know if they do it that way or have any suggestions? (I wonder if there is such a thing as a shippers' round table)??

If anyone wants me to do anything while I'm there, please let me know and I'll do my best. I just ordered the general weekend pass, but whatever that gets me, I'll try to do. It's Aug. 7/8 in NJ.

Later, shippers

sigpic
                      s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                        WOO - HOO!

I just learned that there is a SG convention near me in August and I don't have to work that weekend! Sorry for the outburst (blushes) but I've never been to one of these before and I'm excited!!!

Does anyone know if there's a way you can meet up with other shippers at one of these things? Professional conferences usually have special interest groups or round table discussions that are scheduled in the conference program. Do any of you who've been to SG conferences know if they do it that way or have any suggestions? (I wonder if there is such a thing as a shippers' round table)??

If anyone wants me to do anything while I'm there, please let me know and I'll do my best. I just ordered the general weekend pass, but whatever that gets me, I'll try to do. It's Aug. 7/8 in NJ.

Later, shippers
                        Hooray!!! Good for you!!

Do you have a list of who will be attending? I'm sure we can come up with a few ideas for you to do at the convention. How does throwing yourself prostrate at Amanda's feet and begging her to dump the Pete storyline sound??

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                          WOO - HOO!

Later, shippers
                          COOL! Keldor says Chel'nat! We hope you'll be able to meet up with some shippers! So this convention is in the Philly area then, since that's where you apparently are accordind to the location field in your post? I was just in Philly not too long ago visiting with relatives there for spring break: an aunt, uncle, and their recently adopted son (my new cousin). The bus ride there was a little long, but I had to change buses twice, so it wasn't that bad considering I was able to basically stretch my legs twice. If it was one big long bus ride, then I would be willing to bet that my legs would've been jelly. But I changed buses first in Syracuse and then in Scranton. On the way back it was in reverse. I changed first in Scranton then in Syracuse on my way back to Buffalo. It was the furthest I had ever gone by myself. Technically, I was in Willow Grove, but that's not far from Philly. It was fun. After they picked me up from the Greyhound stop in WG, we wnet out for a late dinner at the Outback Steakhouse. Good stuff there!

The funny thing was, one of my other uncles was visting visiting with them at the same time I was, so it was a little crowded since my other uncle brought his 2 dogs with him, so there were a total of 5 humans and 4 dogs (my aunt, uncle, and adopted cousin already have 2 of their own). So it was a little crazy there. But I didn't mind since I LOVE dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Token

Hooray!!! Good for you!!

Do you have a list of who will be attending? I'm sure we can come up with a few ideas for you to do at the convention. How does throwing yourself prostrate at Amanda's feet and begging her to dump the Pete storyline sound??
                            Sounds like a plan to me!
                            Hey, I'm thinking of going to the Chicago con. Anyone else going??
                            *kwigater looks about in a lonely and pitiful fashion, hoping someone will take pity and show her how this "con" thing is done.... ).

Comment

Originally posted by Token

Hooray!!! Good for you!!

KELDOR!!!!! YOU NAUGHTY NAUGHTY SYMBIOTE *said while blushing up a storm*

He says he would throw himself prostrate at Amanda's feet to try and see if he could get a "peek," if you know what I mean. Oy! Kel'sha! You're brother has a dirty, dirty mind!

Comment

Is anybody here going to Comic Con in San Diego at the end of the month? Ship Daddy? It sounds like it will be a great time. And it's so much cheaper than the Creation cons. I've never been to a con before but my hubby's actually interested in this one because he's a kid at heart and no matter how he denies it I've seen him take his comic books out of storage and read them. And it means that I won't have to drive down there by myself. I hate driving alone.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                                X