Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say that I would try to stop reading articles and spoilers for the upcoming season but it's kind of hard not to what with being a mod. It's just that everything I've read lately has been so confusing and contradictory. Love to DDL but I'm just not enjoying the Pete storyline. I've read part of the most recent interview and I guess I kind of understand where AT is coming from. She wants to stretch her acting legs and make Sam something other than just the Air Force scientist and I respect that but I can't make myself like it. My husband revels in telling me what I geek I am for caring so much about a storyline in a t.v. show but I think that's the sign of good t.v., when you get involved in a story arc.

They introduce a cetain aspect of the story and something just clicks with you. And then you follow it over the years and you like it more and more and then something comes along and throws a wrench in it. It seems like it's t.v. Formula 101. They have to throw as many obstacles in the path of love as possible. I guess I was just hoping that that wouldn't be the case this time. After all it is a sci-fi show and the love story isn't the main focus of the show. And it's sounding more and more likely that even if there is some sort of S/J resolution that it will be something extremely subtle, like a fishing invite. And if it's like AT wants then we won't even see them go fishing. I don't expect an episode completely devoted to Jack and Sam but it would be nice to see just a kiss. A real life, non AU, non dream, honest to goondess kiss. I don't think that's too much to expect.

And on that note this thread is closed. It's so hard to keep up with you guys. And I think I'll copy this post onto the new thread just because I worked awfully hard on it.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
      <snip>
      I think we should start looking at catys and maribas videos all over again to remind us what we all really feel.ok it could make us more depressed but then again you might get that happy glowing feeling inside when you think of all the love they have for each other.
      Lets start making this thread happier,so our newbies are not frightened when they join us.
      OK Shippers..........repeat after me...........
      H - A - P - P - Y P - L - A - C - E

My
      Happy
      Place
      My
      Happy
      Space

Breathe sloooowwly innnnnnnnnnnnn.........ouuutttttt......
      and again!
      Repeat twice more.......

If all else fails have a bubbly drink of your choice.
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

mad_gater, a comment about your .sig....

Of course Teal'c knows there's something there. He was in the room when Jack had to confess his feelings for Sam in D&C! He had a frelling zat aimed at him.

But I really like your NO episode tag. ;-)
        Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
          Jeeeeezz! What is IN these foot lockers????
          (I know my smileys are in there, but they can't weigh THIS much!).
          It may be the supply of Kull warrior armor that we can use to hopefully protect ourselves from TPTB and their, Sam/ staff weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by taupecat
            mad_gater, a comment about your .sig....

Of course Teal'c knows there's something there. He was in the room when Jack had to confess his feelings for Sam in D&C! He had a frelling zat aimed at him.

But I really like your NO episode tag. ;-)
            I know he was. Just put that Grace line there to show that Teal'c was trying to drive the point home to Jack.

Comment

Sorry ..I 've opened one too ..didn't realised you did it ..we must have done it at the same time ...hopefully moderator will delete mine ...

Good night

Caty

Comment

I would say that I would try to stop reading articles and spoilers for the upcoming season but it's kind of hard not to what with being a mod. It's just that everything I've read lately has been so confusing and contradictory. Love to DDL but I'm just not enjoying the Pete storyline. I've read part of the most recent interview and I guess I kind of understand where AT is coming from. She wants to stretch her acting legs and make Sam something other than just the Air Force scientist and I respect that but I can't make myself like it. My husband revels in telling me what I geek I am for caring so much about a storyline in a t.v. show but I think that's the sign of good t.v., when you get involved in a story arc.

They introduce a cetain aspect of the story and something just clicks with you. And then you follow it over the years and you like it more and more and then something comes along and throws a wrench in it. It seems like it's t.v. Formula 101. They have to throw as many obstacles in the path of love as possible. I guess I was just hoping that that wouldn't be the case this time. After all it is a sci-fi show and the love story isn't the main focus of the show. And it's sounding more and more likely that even if there is some sort of S/J resolution that it will be something extremely subtle, like a fishing invite. And if it's like AT wants then we won't even see them go fishing. I don't expect an episode completely devoted to Jack and Sam but it would be nice to see just a kiss. A real life, non AU, non dream, honest to goondess kiss. I don't think that's too much to expect.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Be lucky I didn't drop them on your feet!

Comment

As we start Thread IX, it is always good to remember a few things.

As shippers, we know how to take the fertilizer we have dumped on us; and create something beautiful. It takes alot of work, but we are dedicated to our cause!

Our Happy Place has all the comforts we need.
                    and and, of course,

Our Ship just keeps on sailing

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                      ooooooo, pretttyyyyy

edited to add: OK, by a complete coincidence I've managed to end up with the second post AGAIN Freeeeaaaaakkkyyyyy
                      *Outer Limits music starts playing in the background*

kiwigater, we are in control of your posts. Do not attempt to adjust your computer.

Comment

Btw Waterfall were you gonna ask CJ about the shippiness???!!!!

Nikkirose,is there alligators in Florida???
                        Of course I'm gonna ask him about it!!!

waterfall

Comment

ok i'm gonna try this out. a new thread a new philosophy.
                          ahem
                          sam and jack WILL get together at the end.
                          sam and pete WILL break up.
                          our pets WILL cease the eerie vomiting.

hows THAT for optimism, huh?

i just wish they didn't have to turn a great sci-fi/action show into a soap opera in the process. i hear that in the episode after affinity they all get amnisia and sleep together!

ah nuts, i almost made it through an entire post with a positive, non-sarcastic outlook. *sigh*

Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for bringing my stuff over to the new digs. I've brought many bottles so there will be a beverage to suit everyone!!
                            I've sent my letters to MGM and SciFi, and I hope you guys will too, just to keep them all on their toes and realise just how many people they are p***ing off!! Money talks, kids!!
                            Anyway, let's PARTY!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                              I would say that I would try to stop reading articles and spoilers for the upcoming season but it's kind of hard not to what with being a mod. It's just that everything I've read lately has been so confusing and contradictory.
                              <snip>
                              ((((((((((((Shipperahoy))))))))))))

I don't know how you are coping with all the news. I never thought about you not being able to avoid spoilers because your a mod. Just remember your little shipletts are here for you!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                                Hi everyone, thanks for bringing my stuff over to the new digs. I've brought many bottles so there will be a beverage to suit everyone!!
                                I've sent my letters to MGM and SciFi, and I hope you guys will too, just to keep them all on their toes and realise just how many people they are p***ing off!! Money talks, kids!!
                                Anyway, let's PARTY!!
                                Speaking of which. How are we going to celebrate Shipper Day on July 28??

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X