X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mala50
    Say Hey Tame! Look at it this way!

Pete's fate?
    Nah, I don't have anything against DDL, really! I'm just being silly...hah! (but I refuse to read the interview and thus make myself angry/depressed). Have to say that I do have a bias against nepotism (no one can convince me that this plays no part in their defending him and his continued presence on the show as the b/f )....

As I've said before, I hate the Mr. P. character (the putz!) for his personality (or lack thereof - he's not charming to me in the least!) and his underhandedness. It was just nauseating watching Sam become a Piney P's Girl when she was trying to get him on the phone after he slept with her and walked out...

But I will keep watching the show (or downloading it) - sad to say it's no longer a priority for my Friday nights... And I'll keep reading fanfic because right now I enjoy the FF writers' versions of Sam and Jack more than the show's......

Mala....Have I told you how much I love You!!!!!!! AND I don't care how any one perceives that
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
      spoilers 8th season
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /

I was not looking for a soap opera when I got into Stargate. I fell in love with all the characters and enjoyed their adventures. I came to look forward to UST between Sam and Jack, which was a really sweet aspect to the show. I think many of us would have been happy with an accepted fishing invitation at the end, but Grace, Chimera, Heroes, and The Lost City really raised the shipstakes. I didn't want ship to take over the show, but it seems like it is-- P/S ship. And in response ship fans want equity-- at least.

I couldn't believe we'd still be dealing with Pete after HeroesII, but I was wrong and I got over it. The same goes for The Lost City. I dealt with his being in the first half of season 8 and was the one trying to cheer everyone else up when the kissy pics and proposal were discovered. But when I found out that Pete would still be in the show so far into the season and in a total 4 episodes, I just lost it. I felt like I should just give up, surrender, give in, forget ship, it was over. Put down the shipper sword, take off the armor-- long live Pete and good riddance. Why am I trying so hard to keep positive when it seems like TBTB could care less about ship.

So this is where I am. To ship or not to ship-- that is the question.

sistah
      To ship, absolutely!! I know we're all a bit down right now, but the happy place and cookies are making things better
      Funnily enough I became a shipper the same way. I don't really even remember how I came into the Stargate fold to begin with, but I remember the chemistry between Jack and Sam from the first.
      I believe the show is worth sticking with, and I'm all for a ship campaign, as long as it's an honest but respectful accounting of how we feel (perhaps we shippers can show TPTB the way to treat people!!).

In the meantime...... (((((ship sistah)))))
      and have a drink......

BTW, in the premiere, when Jack gets de-icicled, he thanks Daniel for his concern. My new take on that is that he's referring to Daniel worrying about Jack's reaction to Sam's "death"......
      ie. Daniel is a shipper too
      Gosh, lots of things look shippery if you look at them squinty enough

Comment

shippers,

you can send feedback to MGM here:
        http://www.mgm.com/help.do

and Sci-Fi channel here:
        [email protected]

I say we flood them with our discontent. Spread the word to whatever other fandom you guys are associated with.

sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          go here. i got it from the sg1_spoilme yahoo group.

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1...ys?id=11822639

VOTE NOW. YOUR OPINION MATTERS FOLKS! btw, this is open to both shiplets and A.N. other. i'd like to see a geniunely widespread opinion to see how everybody really feels. its a poll regarding one of the pictures in "affinity" in season 8.
          My vote is in!!!!!!!
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
            In the meantime...... (((((ship sistah)))))
            AWWWWW!!! thanks ((((kiwigater))))
            and have a drink......
            oh yeah!

BTW, in the premiere, when Jack gets de-icicled, he thanks Daniel for his concern. My new take on that is that he's referring to Daniel worrying about Jack's reaction to Sam's "death"......
            ie. Daniel is a shipper too
            Gosh, lots of things look shippery if you look at them squinty enough
            I still haven't watched it a third time. I've got to do that.

sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

The rollercoaster is not fun, and it makes Sam look pathetic. UST between Sam and Jack doesn't play well when she's sleeping with Pete. That's bad behavior as well. IMO.
              That is one thing that really bothers me about this storyline. Sleeping with Pete and being shippy with Jack is cheating on them--both. Reminds me of an old song....If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you are with....
              YUCK! YUCK! YUCK!
              NOT a philosophy I endorse in any way shape or form.

One of the aspects of this show I enjoyed so much was the integrity, honor, courage and compassion each of the characters have. I feel that Sam's character has taken a nosedive and I'm sad. Isn't that *honor* thing the whole point of the UST between her and Jack? If they were less honorable they would have indulged in a relationship YEARS ago. Regs be d**ned.

Frankly, my opinion tonight is that if AT wants to grow as an actress, have lots of love scenes with different actors and wear pretty clothes then she needs to *move on* from Stargate. Her Stargate character wears fatigues and boots, kicks alien and human butt when necessary and is honest with her teammates.

I'm not buying the entire "Sex and the Stargate" premise.

Yes, I'm deeply crabby tonight. I hate roller coasters. And I've over indulged in shipper cookies...my tummy hurts. Even more, my heart hurts.

Happy
              who is not really trying tonight
              Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

All I have to say is don't jump to conclusions. Or, more precisely, jump to small conclusions - but don't assume that they'll necessarily lead to a big conclusion. Or, better yet - watch all of season 8 before you start consider giving away all your wordly possessions and moving into a commune in Southern California. Its going to be a rollercoaster year for our gang.

Comment

(((((SG1Happy)))))

don't worry, i find you very trying!... wait, thats not right
                  you can never over indulge in shipper cookies.
                  don't worry, be happy! (lame, even for me, i know)
                  go watch some season 4. that'll cheer ya up. personally i'd go with window of opportunity, if you're looking for some nice angstless fun, with a bit of ship thrown in.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                    All I have to say is don't jump to conclusions. Or, more precisely, jump to small conclusions - but don't assume that they'll necessarily lead to a big conclusion. Or, better yet - watch all of season 8 before you start consider giving away all your wordly possessions and moving into a commune in Southern California. Its going to be a rollercoaster year for our gang.
                    Well as one of THE MOST *POSITIVE* BUNCHES* on this forum I can truly say we try REAL HARD NOT to lose HOPE and we try REAL hard to keep the faith in TPTB and *OUR FAVE COUPLE*.....but we are also people that look to our favorite TV show for fun, escape, rosie shippy moments. sooooooooo

saying that....don't lose faith in us either......we are also LOYAL FANS that VENT as passionatly as well .......

And when talking in circles one must understand that the beginning is not always the ending... see I can do it too
                    Last edited by TameFarrar; 12 July 2004, 07:11 PM.

Comment

can i just say i love you?

don't worry, i don't think that we'll be breaking out the pitch forks and flaming torches just yet. i think we're just very frustrated in the heat of the moment right now. i'm still quite weary, though.

Comment

You know, Joe, you are right. I've spent too much time freaking out. I'm going to jump to the tiny conclusions because I can still keep my hair .What's a show without hype?

I'm going to stay away from the DDL interview. And I'm going to stay in my happy little shipper world. And hopefully, find my way out of the cave and into the S/J happiness!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                          I'm going to add another two cents:

We are the BEST fans in the world! We took last season's stomach punch. We ranted about the interviews, "the issues", the return of bad-behavior Pete, and the disintegration of our strong, intelligent Sam. We have taken a beating; and, yet, we rallied! We rallied to write an international letter of support for Amanda. A letter of which any PTB should be proud. We fought back to regain our hopes and dreams for our couple. We waited patiently for the new season for our new hopes; and, yet again, we have been thrown into the fire. Do we have the will to climb out and carry on? Is it worth it? We have been given so little with Sam and Jack and so much with Sam and Pete. Can anything between Sam and Jack undue the damage that has been done to our hearts? Is Sam and Jack's relationship forever tainted with the overabundance of Pete ship? I think so. No other Stargate love triangle has gone on this long. Why should we fight for Sam and Jack if TPTB won't fight for them? All I hear from TPTB is, "Pack it up and go home, S/J shippers. We don't care. Why do you?"

Sorry for the diatribe; but I have to tell someone, and you guys are family.
                          (((((((((((((((((Shipper family))))))))))))))))))

Aw Honey ((((((((Token))))))))

I wasn't planning to post tonight...as a result of the interviews was thinking of taking a major break to get a tad of perspective back, as Tame did not so long ago. And I'm considering decreasing my attention to this fandom, for the very reasons you have put forth...TPTB don't care about the ship, why am I beating MY head (and voice and fingers typing) against the wall. Heck, right now I'm SUPPOSED to be studying a book for a course that I have to pass before my next promotion...in the RL, where the bills need to be paid, the kids need to be taken to school and swim team and the only ship I experience is the maternal kind between my boys and myself. Perhaps TPTB would prefer that I turn off my tv and computer and refocus a lot more on work and family...that's the impression I'm getting. As silly as I get, I have no (real) delusions, I know it's just a television show...great entertainment, but fictional just the same.

But, But, BUT, I truly, madly, deeply (that was a movie!) enjoy logging on to GW/Shipper thread and reading everyone's posts and smiling at the gifs (knowing I will someday figure out how to do them) and seeing how everyone is...I WANT to know if Ship Daddy finds his perfect job, how Caty's vacations are, when Lisa finishes her internship, whether wynter will get married after all, if mad gater goes back on his medications ....for me, it's become more than just Sam and Jack, I have really enjoyed getting to know everyone's personality through their oh-so-articulate rants, raves and cookie selections .

Did I have a point? Yes, I know, it's usually hard to find at the best of times.... In spite of the cruelty (no other word for it) of TPTB, I won't ever regret having found this forum and thread.

But I also need a break. After reading a bit more tonight, I'll stay off the forum for a week or so and will be suitably punished by having to read 80 pages of posts when I return .

PTB lurkers: do you want more fans turning away entirely? Yes, it's ultimately your decision which way the ship sails....it's ultimately my decision whether the channel is tuned to scifi and SG1.

Di

Comment

The voice of reason has arrived. Thanks so much for taking the time to post. I don't know where you find the time but I for one really appreciate it.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Oh my God--you're potato head collection is so funny! You're brilliant! :-)
                              I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                                Aw Honey ((((((((Token))))))))

I wasn't planning to post tonight...as a result of the interviews was thinking of taking a major break to get a tad of perspective back, as Tame did not so long ago. And I'm considering decreasing my attention to this fandom, for the very reasons you have put forth...TPTB don't care about the ship, why am I beating MY head (and voice and fingers typing) against the wall. Heck, right now I'm SUPPOSED to be studying a book for a course that I have to pass before my next promotion...in the RL, where the bills need to be paid, the kids need to be taken to school and swim team and the only ship I experience is the maternal kind between my boys and myself. Perhaps TPTB would prefer that I turn off my tv and computer and refocus a lot more on work and family...that's the impression I'm getting. As silly as I get, I have no (real) delusions, I know it's just a television show...great entertainment, but fictional just the same.

But, But, BUT, I truly, madly, deeply (that was a movie!) enjoy logging on to GW/Shipper thread and reading everyone's posts and smiling at the gifs (knowing I will someday figure out how to do them) and seeing how everyone is...I WANT to know if Ship Daddy finds his perfect job, how Caty's vacations are, when Lisa finishes her internship, whether wynter will get married after all, if mad gater goes back on his medications ....for me, it's become more than just Sam and Jack, I have really enjoyed getting to know everyone's personality through their oh-so-articulate rants, raves and cookie selections .

Did I have a point? Yes, I know, it's usually hard to find at the best of times.... In spite of the cruelty (no other word for it) of TPTB, I won't ever regret having found this forum and thread.

But I also need a break. After reading a bit more tonight, I'll stay off the forum for a week or so and will be suitably punished by having to read 80 pages of posts when I return .

PTB lurkers: do you want more fans turning away entirely? Yes, it's ultimately your decision which way the ship sails....it's ultimately my decision whether the channel is tuned to scifi and SG1.

Di
                                ((((((((((((Di)))))))))))

I wish I could speak (type) as eloquently as you have here. THIS is the reason I log on so many evenings and just read..... I get a smile from reading all the antics that go on in our * little family* Each post every person writes here is a little part of them and I am *Honoered* that I am sharing it with all the people here. AND THAT is why regardless of TPTB and whatever *new* torture we deal with in the UST, S&P, S&J saga dept. I still get a smile when I log onto GW and click on the S&J Shipper Thread.

RL has so many stresses that it is just wonderful how so many who have never met can take a minute just to put a smile on so many faces.

Comment

Working...
                                X