This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sclairef99
    I voted for Die Die! And that's leading the poll! Go shippers!

S
    So did I! Do the triple zat with along with Kinsey!

Comment

spoilers

/
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      Originally posted by TameFarrar
      Me too Tasha....but I want to make sure My VOICE is heard before they have written the end of the show. As long as I know I *said something* I know I tried. Then when I do or don't buy anything it is because I *DID* something first. ....... As long as I am being proactive and DOING something and not just sitting on the sidelines THEN I KNOW I TRIED to MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR WHAT I BELIEVED WAS RIGHT. In this case, I know it is nothing more than TV show BUT It is a matter of FANS....spending money based on a *BELIEF* in a story line that TPTB created and are now disrupting with NO EXPLAINATION......

As I said earlier.. IF they do come around to Sam & Jack together in the end GREAT!!!!!! BUT it will be bitter sweet at this point UNLESS it is SOME DAMN GOOD WRITING!!
      you still may be able to influence the ep that DDL hasn't filmed yet.

sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99
        I'm back from work and have just jumped back on the ship this afternoon! Thanks to Amanda who has contributed to my afterwork ship cookie extravaganza! I am feasting on chocolate bovin lactose with some Pink Shipper cookies and some Sky Blue Shipper cookies.

I'm happily agreeing with a positive post I saw a minute ago, withdrawing my Pete doubt - you see I think perhaps it should get O'Neill off his a$$ and realize that some other Pitiful Pit is trying to steal his girl, even if he doesn't think Pete is competition...I mean look at Jack! Anyhow...as far as Carter parading around w/Pit, I'm not real happy about it, but perhaps it will move mountains...and I DON'T.....

S
        P
        O
        I
        L
        E
        R

S'
        P
        A
        C
        E

think that she looks happy in the ring pick....she actually looks a bit pi$$ed off about him doing that and poor Pit (not) looks a bit bewildered!

What if they've decided to put this stupid picture on the Internet.....and Pete is holding Teal'c ring for him - because isn't it said that Pete is somehow coming to T's rescue from some scuffle in his apartment life? What a creul trick.

Here's what I say! Grab the Drinks and the ROSY shipper cookies and enjoy Stargate Monday!

Look for the ship, Love the Ship, Be the Ship! We are a happy family of shippers!

S'Claire
        What would T be doing with a ring? Unless it's for Ish'ta.

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
          Mandy, your icons are awesome! LOVE the Teal'c one, your sig and the one.

ship sistah

p.s. what's the name of that font? pretty.
          Thank you to all who enjoy the icons!

The font I used where? There are like 5 of them. They all came with Mac OS X and/or Photoshop 7. The script font in the "Safe in the arms of LOVE" ones is Edwardian Script, I think. (Or maybe I used Edwardian on the page title...I'm too pooped to check at the moment. ) I can't remember the name of the one I used on the "Shadow" icon. I have been spending Soo much time watching Stargate and reading this forum that I don't do much font-hunting anymore... Sadly, I left all my good fonts on my father's computer halfway across the country.
          L8er,
          Mandy _|,,|

Comment

/spoil answer
            /
            /
            /
            /
            /
            /
            /
            /
            /
            /T's ring...could be for Ryac also....

Comment

oh, by the by, forgot to mention this earlier but...
              Rupert Teal'c Giles? best name for a dog EVER!

Comment

spoilers
                /
                /
                /
                /
                /
                /
                /
                /
                /
                /
                /
                /
                /
                Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                *snip*
                I dunno..... I think what's irking me the most is that the Pete relationship is really going to hurt Sam no matter what happens. Yes, we can talk all we want about Sam moving on & getting a taste of the other fish in the sea (pond??), but no matter where the story goes, (IMHO) she's going to get hurt bad. If he dies... she's devastated. He marries her & things don't go as either thought it would... she's devastated & feels she's to blame. He dumps her to go to Atlantis.. she's still devastated because she had hopes of this one being "it." He gets transferred to another city/job/etc. ... she still gets hurt & wonders why he left her.

OK, I guess I'm still HOPING for positive things w/ S/J... but...........
                this is what depresses me. with Pete still on the show way into the new season, resolving that storyline, the aftereffects and then dealing with S/J resolution (with the writers attitude of not wanting a S/J hour)-- I just don't see it being done well.

sistah

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                  Say Hey Tame! Look at it this way!

Pete's fate?

Nah, I don't have anything against DDL, really! I'm just being silly...hah! (but I refuse to read the interview and thus make myself angry/depressed). Have to say that I do have a bias against nepotism (no one can convince me that this plays no part in their defending him and his continued presence on the show as the b/f )....

As I've said before, I hate the Mr. P. character (the putz!) for his personality (or lack thereof - he's not charming to me in the least!) and his underhandedness. It was just nauseating watching Sam become a Piney P's Girl when she was trying to get him on the phone after he slept with her and walked out...

But I will keep watching the show (or downloading it) - sad to say it's no longer a priority for my Friday nights... And I'll keep reading fanfic because right now I enjoy the FF writers' versions of Sam and Jack more than the show's......

I...LOVE...YOU!!! Thank you for this! I needed the levity.

sistah

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                    I sooo did not want to hear that before going to bed.

Spoiler Space S8 speculation
                    If DDL is coming back to shoot in September, then I'm afraid that Sam said "yes" to Pete's proposal. I'm sure that when we finally see "Affinity" and we recover from the trama of seeing Sam accept, we shippers will (again) hold out hope that she will dump him at the alter. ACK! I can see the series finale now....

Jack knocks on the bridal room.
                    "Come in."
                    "Hey, whatcha doin'?"
                    "Uh, getting married. Is there something I can do for you, sir?"
                    "Well, I was wondering if you would like to go fishing."
                    "Now!"
                    "Yeah, why not?"
                    "Because I'm getting married!"
                    "Well, there's that! But the fishing is great this time of year!"
                    "What are you TALKING about!?"
                    "You, me and fishing and fishing some more. Forever."
                    "Forever?"
                    "Yeah, forever."
                    "Oh. When you put it like that, I would love to go, sir."
                    Jack and Sam leave the chapel.
                    "Can we stop by my place for a change of clothes?"
                    "Why? I think fish love the color white."

~~Fade to black~~
                    *N8 hums the refrain of Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's "Fishin' in the Dark" as accompaniment*

C'mon guys, help me here! It just doesn't have the same effect if it's solo!

(Yeah, I know, I need sleep.)
                    Last edited by N8iveTexan; 12 July 2004, 05:53 PM.
                    L8er,
                    Mandy _|,,|

Comment

well, the thread has finally slowed down, thank goodness. the pace we've had for the last week has been breakneck. good, we all need some time to relax.

sistah

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                        I've been looking through the posts and have a couple of questions.
                        First of all , the "Save Daniel Jackson" site was very well organized, so do we have anyone willing to get us going with a site to be proud of?
                        Yes, it is a very well organized and good looking site. I wish I had the skill and knowledge to create a website for us. If any shipper would like to take on this task, I would support them in the effort 110%.

Secondly, this is a question from someone from outside of the States.....Why does eveyone have such a high regard for the De Louise family? Now, I don't mean any disrespect, but here in Scotland (and I'm sure the rest of the UK), we really only know about Dom DL from various films. We don't see the rest of the family in all their various programmes, therefore we don't hold them in awe!!! JMHO! I keep hearing how wonderful they all are...and I'm sure if I met them I would probably think the same. My point is... I will never meet them, so I don't care!!!
                        Dom is very funny and has been a staple of American comedy. Peter was a star of a show called "21 Jump Street". I was never a fan, but it had a big following. David I've only seen in commericals and now sadly my beloved Stargate.

Third point....ha..you thought I only had two (that was a red herring like the PTB keep giving us!), This show is all about the Stargate, so why are we getting all this publicity for what should be a secondary character???
                        I also have to add that I am very sad that my all time favourite character in all my shows (Sam) has become a stereotypical babe from sci-fi! *sigh*
                        I know...I'm ranting, but I felt the need to. Where's my happy place??
                        I'm with you! I don't get all the hoopla about a character that doesn't have anything to do with the Stargate program unless he is going to be integrated into the show as a regular. That is hard to even think about; but, you know, if he is going to be a regular (like 4+ episodes) then just kill the S/J ship. The rollercoaster is not fun, and it makes Sam look pathetic. UST between Sam and Jack doesn't play well when she's sleeping with Pete. That's bad behavior as well. IMO.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          go here. i got it from the sg1_spoilme yahoo group.

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1...ys?id=11822639

VOTE NOW. YOUR OPINION MATTERS FOLKS! btw, this is open to both shiplets and A.N. other. i'd like to see a geniunely widespread opinion to see how everybody really feels. its a poll regarding one of the pictures in "affinity" in season 8.
                          DONE! Go shippers go!
                          We're leading with 40%

Comment

Say Hey Tame! Look at it this way!

Pete's fate?
                            [left]But I will keep watching the show (or downloading it) - sad to say it's
                            Waaay COOOL
                            Now I love this idea Let's send repli-pete and repli-carter off to live TPTB's plot lines, and meanwhile our real Sam and Jack can go fishing...

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                              <snip>
                              Dom is very funny and has been a staple of American comedy. Peter was a star of a show called "21 Jump Street". I was never a fan, but it had a big following. David I've only seen in commericals and now sadly my beloved Stargate.
                              <snip>
                              Since dipsofjazz asked about what they're known for... (yes a bit off topic but oh well!) yes - Peter was one of the stars of "21 Jump Street" along with Johnny Depp and Richard Greico who provided the brooding bad-boy eyecandy. I was a 'casual' fan, catching a show whenever I could... (guess I'm dating myself - was a teen back then... I think can't remember now!) IMO Peter's character was the more approachable, funny, handsome & cuddley character that once you got over drooling over the the bad-boys, you could see yourself wanting to be with & enjoy yourself more with...
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Sorry, but Sam backed up immediately when Fifth appeared and started wimpering... I'm not saying that this wouldn't have happened eventually, but it was just too quick. She didn't defend what the team or O'Neill did, she didn't say she supported it all... After Jack was tortured by First in Unnatural Selection and First threatened to use the memory of Charlie's death over and over again, Jack's response was "Don't ever do that again!" (or something to that effect).

What I'd expected to see from a leader was defiance or some semblence of a fighting spirit, for a while, at least.

Yep. This lack of spit and backbone was a real problem for me. ALL torture is mental. I wanted Sam to fight back with mental images of her own for Fifth to see....loving, laughing, happy images to show compassion and forgiveness. That is where a great dream sequence with Jack could have come in...Jack working through his grief over Charlie like in Cold Lazarus.... images of Daniel forgiving and working with Teal'c time and time again...images of Sam forgiving Jacob for the part he played in her mom's death.

Granted, today I'm not liking Sam or anyone associated with the show, but I expected more from the torture scenes. Maybe Sam isn't the wonder woman we've thought she was---Maybe her being with is like Superman and Kryptonite. is taking away all of Sam's power and strength!

Until today I was willing to give all the actors the benefit of the doubt. As of today, I'm on a DDL strike. I will probably watch the Stargate episodes he is in. (Wouldn't want to miss Sam dumping him!!!!), but I'm not watching anything else he is in for the next few months. This is MY personal choice. If someone has *issues* with it they will just have to deal.

I boycotted Stargate Monday tonight. (Take that advertisers.) Spent some time at a lake writing fanfiction and then time with the family.

We will survive this, but it surely made my Monday icky.

Happy
                                Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Working...
                                X