X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
    Spoilers Season 8

Well I just got done reading the interview with DDL. I guess that means that Affinity isn't the last we'll see of Pete. I'm happy for DDL cuz he seems like a very nice person and a good actor so I'm glad that he get's to keep working. I just wish it wasn't as a character that I'm not particularly fond of. I just can't get myself to like the Pete story arc. Especially the way it seems to be heading. It's sounding more and more like the wedding in Sacrifices may in fact be Sam and Pete. I have to say that I'm losing my optimism as far as Sam/Jack goes. I feel sort of shallow saying this but I don't think that I'll be able to enjoy the show anymore if that happens. I enjoy many aspects of the show but I've become so invested in the Sam/Jack relationship that it just won't be the same if they decide to blow that off after 8 years. If they truly intended Sam to "move on" from Jack after Grace then they shouldn't have continued with the ship after Chimera.

And even if they do plan on getting Sam together with Jack in the end I don't think this Pete arc is necessary. I appreciate the fact that AT wants to show another side of Sam other than the scientist and air force major (now Lt. Colonel) but I think that was shown adequately in Chimera. if they do plan on getting Sam and Jack together then all Pete is is a plot device. And I don't think Stargate is the place for a love triangle. I'm coming down from my post premiere high. Sigh.
    OK, some of the "positivity" from my last post has worn off... (my metabolism is zipping through those shipper cookies way too fast! Shades of "Upgrades?" )
    I guess we can (& certainly do!) speculate lots on what will happen to Pete in/after "Sacrifice"... whether the wedding allegedly occurs or if Sam says SEE YA! after realizing she'll give up a heck of alot more than just Jack if she stays in the Pete relationship....

I dunno..... I think what's irking me the most is that the Pete relationship is really going to hurt Sam no matter what happens. Yes, we can talk all we want about Sam moving on & getting a taste of the other fish in the sea (pond??), but no matter where the story goes, (IMHO) she's going to get hurt bad. If he dies... she's devastated. He marries her & things don't go as either thought it would... she's devastated & feels she's to blame. He dumps her to go to Atlantis.. she's still devastated because she had hopes of this one being "it." He gets transferred to another city/job/etc. ... she still gets hurt & wonders why he left her.

OK, I guess I'm still HOPING for positive things w/ S/J... but...........
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I have a theory about .

Thinking back, the only reason that Sam has still been single for Jack the entire show, is because all of her BFs have died.

Maybe TPTB wanted Sam to have more than one reason for being single. I hope that through this relationship, Sam comes to her senses and dumps the goober.
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        But please continue to voice calm and moderation because like any family when one of us is losing our *cool* we need another *Family* member to come in and Say Hey wait ...Look at it this way
        Say Hey Tame! Look at it this way!

Pete's fate?
        Nah, I don't have anything against DDL, really! I'm just being silly...hah! (but I refuse to read the interview and thus make myself angry/depressed). Have to say that I do have a bias against nepotism (no one can convince me that this plays no part in their defending him and his continued presence on the show as the b/f )....

As I've said before, I hate the Mr. P. character (the putz!) for his personality (or lack thereof - he's not charming to me in the least!) and his underhandedness. It was just nauseating watching Sam become a Piney P's Girl when she was trying to get him on the phone after he slept with her and walked out...

But I will keep watching the show (or downloading it) - sad to say it's no longer a priority for my Friday nights... And I'll keep reading fanfic because right now I enjoy the FF writers' versions of Sam and Jack more than the show's......

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
          I may be wrong, but Sam didn't even start sobbing until AFTER she had been mind-raped possibly dozens of times. She actually tried to block 5th's hand before the first one, but 5th just used his superhuman robot strength to strongarm his way past her block.
          <snip>
          Sorry, but Sam backed up immediately when Fifth appeared and started wimpering... I'm not saying that this wouldn't have happened eventually, but it was just too quick. She didn't defend what the team or O'Neill did, she didn't say she supported it all... After Jack was tortured by First in Unnatural Selection and First threatened to use the memory of Charlie's death over and over again, Jack's response was "Don't ever do that again!" (or something to that effect).

What I'd expected to see from a leader was defiance or some semblence of a fighting spirit, for a while, at least.
          sigpic

Comment

ok i had most of a post typed out and then i went and accidentaly hit the back button. i'm real smarts

any way. i am 100% in favour of David DeLuise coming back to stargate, just not. as. pete. and especially not as pete in a serious relationship with sam carter. i think if they were to turn him into a bad guy it would be much more fitting for his characters personality, but i'd only really want to see that after sam dumps him.

if sam and jack did not end up together, and we knew this, i would not quit the show. i (used to) love stargate for many other reasons, s/j ship was just a very pleasant part of it. HOWEVER! they currently seem to practically making this into the pete shannahan show, and things like that are what would make me stop watching the show. the way things are going, its possible i may not watch season 8 past the first couple of episodes, and its quite unlikely that i'll be buying it either, unless i see some huge improvements in the final product. if i do buy it, it'll probably be for the commentaries and other extras, which is why i got the one with chimera on it, other than the fact that grace and death knell were on it.

unless this whole pete thing is a joke or a decoy or something, season 8 sounds like its going to be atrocious, considering that they think that devoting a great deal of valuable screen time to a completely non stargate related relationship is valuable screen time well spent. remember when stargate sg-1 used to be about a big wormhole instead of.... a different kind of hole. you know what i mean.

i will not be absolutely outraged if sam and jack do not end up together, however much i might like to see that, i'll be disappointed though. but if she ends up with pete i will not only extremely disappointed, but i think i'll be a tad peed off too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
              Sorry, but Sam backed up immediately when Fifth appeared and started wimpering... I'm not saying that this wouldn't have happened eventually, but it was just too quick. She didn't defend what the team or O'Neill did, she didn't say she supported it all... After Jack was tortured by First in Unnatural Selection and First threatened to use the memory of Charlie's death over and over again, Jack's response was "Don't ever do that again!" (or something to that effect).

What I'd expected to see from a leader was defiance or some semblence of a fighting spirit, for a while, at least.
              I didn't hear any wimpering until after the fact. I'll have to watch again. I saw her try to block fifth's hand, which showed me she didn't let him do it without some kind of fight. I don't know. Guess I'll have to watch that part again.

Comment

i can't help but wonder if pete and his actions are based on someone in RL, and perhaps thats why they are defending him and promoting him so much. crazy, but i still wonder sometimes. or perhaps they are trying to make us so frustrated and angry that we just wont want sam and jack together anymore either way. HA! good luck. ah my mind does wander sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  I have a theory about .

Thinking back, the only reason that Sam has still been single for Jack the entire show, is because all of her BFs have died.

Maybe TPTB wanted Sam to have more than one reason for being single. I hope that through this relationship, Sam comes to her senses and dumps the goober.

Ship Daddy, we need your "Sam does not have a BWC" explanation here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50

I'd still back away physically, but not mentally. I'd back away physically cuz I wouldn't want that robot's hand anywhere near my brain if I could help it. Like I said, I may not have watched closely enough to hear her whimper before the first invasion of her mind. If it turns out she did whimper, then I will lose respect for her as well. But if all she did was back away w/o whimpering, she'd still be OK in my book cuz all she'd have been doin' was getting away from that robotic a$$hole's hand.

Comment

go here. i got it from the sg1_spoilme yahoo group.

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1...ys?id=11822639

VOTE NOW. YOUR OPINION MATTERS FOLKS! btw, this is open to both shiplets and A.N. other. i'd like to see a geniunely widespread opinion to see how everybody really feels. its a poll regarding one of the pictures in "affinity" in season 8.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        i can't help but wonder if pete and his actions are based on someone in RL, and perhaps thats why they are defending him and promoting him so much. crazy, but i still wonder sometimes. or perhaps they are trying to make us so frustrated and angry that we just wont want sam and jack together anymore either way. HA! good luck. ah my mind does wander sometimes.

The kind of sh-- pulls off shouldn't be acceptable in RL either, but sadly, that's what happens when a society becomes TOO liberal. I have a healthy respect for basic liberalism. After all, it was liberalism that got women the right to vote, black people equal rights, and other changes in society that were for the better. But liberals lost my respect when they became accepting of society's more amoral facets, like accepting stalking as a way of life.

Comment

I'm back from work and have just jumped back on the ship this afternoon! Thanks to Amanda who has contributed to my afterwork ship cookie extravaganza! I am feasting on chocolate bovin lactose with some Pink Shipper cookies and some Sky Blue Shipper cookies.

I'm happily agreeing with a positive post I saw a minute ago, withdrawing my Pete doubt - you see I think perhaps it should get O'Neill off his a$$ and realize that some other Pitiful Pit is trying to steal his girl, even if he doesn't think Pete is competition...I mean look at Jack! Anyhow...as far as Carter parading around w/Pit, I'm not real happy about it, but perhaps it will move mountains...and I DON'T.....

S
                          P
                          O
                          I
                          L
                          E
                          R

S'
                          P
                          A
                          C
                          E

think that she looks happy in the ring pick....she actually looks a bit pi$$ed off about him doing that and poor Pit (not) looks a bit bewildered!

What if they've decided to put this stupid picture on the Internet.....and Pete is holding Teal'c ring for him - because isn't it said that Pete is somehow coming to T's rescue from some scuffle in his apartment life? What a creul trick.

Here's what I say! Grab the Drinks and the ROSY shipper cookies and enjoy Stargate Monday!

Look for the ship, Love the Ship, Be the Ship! We are a happy family of shippers!

S'Claire

Comment

spoilers 8th season
                            /
                            /
                            /
                            /
                            /
                            /
                            /
                            /
                            /
                            /
                            /
                            /
                            /
                            Originally posted by kiwigater
                            I feel very about ship really. I mean, one side of me wants LOTS more ship (is this the angel or the devil??? ), but the other thinks its just not in the cards.
                            Why?
                            Becuase Stargate is (supposed) to be a "team" show
                            Because I can't help agreeing its never a good idea for a CO and subordinate to get romatically involved (just think how Kinsey would use this!).
                            Because the show (despite recent evidence to the contrary) isn't (supposed to be) about people's love lives...
                            I was not looking for a soap opera when I got into Stargate. I fell in love with all the characters and enjoyed their adventures. I came to look forward to UST between Sam and Jack, which was a really sweet aspect to the show. I think many of us would have been happy with an accepted fishing invitation at the end, but Grace, Chimera, Heroes, and The Lost City really raised the shipstakes. I didn't want ship to take over the show, but it seems like it is-- P/S ship. And in response ship fans want equity-- at least.

I couldn't believe we'd still be dealing with Pete after HeroesII, but I was wrong and I got over it. The same goes for The Lost City. I dealt with his being in the first half of season 8 and was the one trying to cheer everyone else up when the kissy pics and proposal were discovered. But when I found out that Pete would still be in the show so far into the season and in a total 4 episodes, I just lost it. I felt like I should just give up, surrender, give in, forget ship, it was over. Put down the shipper sword, take off the armor-- long live Pete and good riddance. Why am I trying so hard to keep positive when it seems like TBTB could care less about ship.

So this is where I am. To ship or not to ship-- that is the question.

sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                              go here. i got it from the sg1_spoilme yahoo group.

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1...ys?id=11822639

VOTE NOW. YOUR OPINION MATTERS FOLKS! btw, this is open to both shiplets and A.N. other. i'd like to see a geniunely widespread opinion to see how everybody really feels. its a poll regarding one of the pictures in "affinity" in season 8.
                              I voted for Die Die! And that's leading the poll! Go shippers!

S

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                                spoilers 8th season
                                /
                                /
                                /
                                /
                                /
                                /
                                /
                                /
                                /
                                /
                                /
                                /
                                /

I was not looking for a soap opera when I got into Stargate. I fell in love with all the characters and enjoyed their adventures. I came to look forward to UST between Sam and Jack, which was a really sweet aspect to the show. I think many of us would have been happy with an accepted fishing invitation at the end, but Grace, Chimera, Heroes, and The Lost City really raised the shipstakes. I didn't want ship to take over the show, but it seems like it is-- P/S ship. And in response ship fans want equity-- at least.

So this is where I am. To ship or not to ship-- that is the question.

sistah
                                Ship Sistah....

All you need is SHIP
                                Da, da, da da daaaa
                                All you need is SHIP
                                Da, da, da da daaaa
                                All you need is SHIP, SHIP
                                SHIP is all you need!

All together now.....

You know Jack is a REAL Man!

Comment

Working...