X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Marimba!! You did good!
    We missed you!
    Hope you feel better soon! ((((((((((Marimba))))))))))
    Looking forward to the full report and pictures!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      Okay, here's the post you've all been waiting for...

Sorry this is so long in coming, jet lag then illness is enough to knock anyone down. Add severe sleep deprivation to the mix and you get the idea LOL

So here goes...

There were two comments made by Amanda concerning ship:

When someone asked about Pete (and said they loved him, euwww) she said that they were filming the resolution right now so stay tuned. Nothing super positive about Pete so that's good I think. She didn't really say anything about him other than that.

When someone asked what she would have Sam do if she could just go wild she said, "Not to appease the shippers or anything, but I'd have her go fishing"--the crowd went wild at that.

Overall, I think the crowd was evenly mixed between shippers and others and I met lots of nice shippers (I even invited a few here).

None of her comments on stage made me particularly joyful but she was very nice when I met her. I delivered our package to the gatecon folks and I made sure to tell her that I had left it when I had my picture taken with her. I told her that it was from the Sam and Jack shippers at Gateworld and that we really loved Sam and thought she was wonderful. I invited her to visit any time and told her we'd love to have her. (I also told her how much I like her hair this season but that was just from me LOL).

I hope that she will read the letter and at least look at the videos but with the amount of stuff she got and the fact that they started shooting Monday, it may be a while before she gets the chance.

My assessment of the comments based on everything at the con and the spoilers lead me to believe that we WILL have our shippy resolution but I think it will be a BRUTAL journey that we'll probably all have to watch through our fingers. So fear not, dear shippers--it's only a matter of time.

I am going to post a better report with all my location visits, pictures, etc. on my web site but it will be a few days while I recover. I should have something up Saturday or Sunday. In the mean time, please feel free to email me with questions. As far as our favorite ship though, what I've said above is all I've got but I'll do my best.
      Oh no!! You got sick?? Was during the con or after? Cuz that would suckif it was during the convention!! If it was during the con, I hope it wasn't contagious!! We wouldn't want AT to fall ill because of us now, would we?

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
        Yes you do!!!! It's getting increasingly difficult to tell you apart from the leaves whenever I go clean those gutters out!!!!
        LOL! Hey, I'll have you know I'm in the shallow end, not the leaves!
        Besides, I know I've seen you there once or twice (do I HAVE to remind you of those AT photos.... ).

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
          Hey, are we related? You just described my grandmother!
          Separate from our ShipperFamily connection?
          Very likely... we're all related back at some point!
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by CkiCki
            If there is going to be a season 9, I really hope that RDA decides to stick around, at least a little bit. I think the show probably could go on without him, but it's more enjoyable when he pops up every once in a while. Granted, I would LOVE to see him a lot more than that, but at least he's got his priorities straight. (Family first!)
            RDA forever.
            -Amanda
            Personally, I'd rather see the show end than go on with limited Jack. For me, it's always been Jack's story, and the episodes without him over the past few years were a waste of tape or film or whatever they put TV on these days. Take a lesson from XF: when your lead actor is ready to leave, end the show. Otherwise, you'll just end up embarrassing yourself.
            - Mary
            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I am thinking that this whole illness issue is coming from the conventions. I came home completely hoarse and with a horrible cough. I thought it was just from wildly cheering for the actors all weekend. It was a good thought anyway....

Thanks to Marimba (whom I haven't officially *met* yet), but just got finished watching her Whattaman video. Did someone say THUNK?

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                Psst... guys/gals.... JM is on!!

HI JM!

<for once I haven't gotten off too soon!>
                Hi Joe!!

Looking forward to Friday!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                  Psst... guys/gals.... JM is on!!

HI JM!

<for once I haven't gotten off too soon!>
                  Shhhhh! Don't scare the poor man! We want to encourage him (and ALL TPTB, cast, crew, catering, FX......... well, you get the picture!) to come back and visit us LOTS (the longer they stay, the more they will be affected by our wonderul vibe and write us the shippy ending we deserve.. ).

*kiwigater wanders off to highly needed therapy at shipper commune - diagnosis = delusions bought on by prolonged absence of shippiness on Stargate*

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                    Personally, I'd rather see the show end than go on with limited Jack. For me, it's always been Jack's story, and the episodes without him over the past few years were a waste of tape or film or whatever they put TV on these days. Take a lesson from XF: when your lead actor is ready to leave, end the show. Otherwise, you'll just end up embarrassing yourself.
                    I agree. I completely respect and admire his desire to spend as much time as possible with his daughter. And I started watching Stargate SG-1 on a rerun one evening, and saw RDA hanging from the ceiling of some big room (Foothold) and that was it for me. I can't imagine the show without him as the center part, the glue that holds everyone together. And even though Jack isn't going to be off world with SG-1 much this season, I am still anxious to see how it all plays out.

Comment

Some of us?! I think all of us are salivating!! Give us the juicy details Marimba!!
                      Okay, more juicy details, since Tame said I didn't tell you enough...

All of the guys--MS, CJ, JR Bourne, Corin, and Colin are DREAMY!!! All of them are easily twice as good looking in person as on screen. And Amanda, well guys, you should drool. She is absolutely gorgeous. I just kept thinking 'if these guys look this good then RDA must be incredible' (but that's my little fantasy...er...anyway)

I got to talk to Corin for a few minutes while I was in the queue to take pictures and he is an absolutely beautiful man who was so sweet and my heart went out to him. I felt like he got a raw deal from PTB (nothing he said just my take) but that's MHO. He was sweet and handsome and it made me miss him on the show A LOT.

I got to hug JR at Sekh's Party and boy is that man gorgeous. And wonderful to his fans. He was so sweet and approachable that I'm not sure I can hate Martouf quite as much (I know that's sacrilege here but so be it). Every time I see him from now on, I'll think of the sweet hunk behind him and I won't be able to dislike him.

MS and CJ are HUGE!!! I have a picture of me with them and JR (I'm 5'3") and they are ALL a full head taller than me and gorgeous!!!!! Biceps as big as my THIGHS ladies--absolutely HUGE!! I'll never be able to look at CJ the same after his panel. He was TOO FUNNY. He was the life of the party and Shanks was his straight man. Amanda just groaned a few times when they started to get ridiculous. It was REALLY funny (had to wipe the tears out of my eyes)!!!! They were hilarious together. It's a wonder they get anything done at all when you add RDA to that mix.

Chevron Guy was hilarious too. I'll never be able to think about him the same way either. Apparently, he was a standup comic in a former life and he must have been a good one. Had to wipe the tears away with him too.
                      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                        LOL! Hey, I'll have you know I'm in the shallow end, not the leaves!
                        Besides, I know I've seen you there once or twice (do I HAVE to remind you of those AT photos.... ).

*faints at the thought of those AT pics*

GATE NETWORK ERROR!!!!
                        THE GATER YOU ARE CONNECTED TO IS CURRENTLY HAVING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. YOUR CONNECTION TO THIS GATER HAS BEEN DROPPED.
                        RETRY THIS CONNECTION (y/n)?

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Happy
                          Okay, I'm feeling a tad old. I got married in 1977. (Of course, I was a mere child at the time.)

I agree that there will not be anything shippy in the first half of the season. I do hope we see lots of *team* with banter, fun and lots of action.

As much as I *LOVE* Stargate, I hope this will be the last season. RDA has aged a lot in the past few seasons (the man is a HUNK at any age and looks like my hubby so don't get the idea I think he is anything but delicious.) but he looks like it isn't fun to move around anymore. Since I'm much closer to RDA's age than all you whippersnappers, I know what my knees and back feel like! (Note to the very young---start doing yoga NOW. Exercise, stay flexible and eat right....you too will someday be old! Do I sound like your mother yet? I know that the very young do not always do as they are told. )

I want Sam and Jack together this year...not in a movie, not in another season. Now.

Sigh. I'm taking patience lessons. Can you tell if they are working?

Happy
                          I would like to add that a steady diet of Shipper Cookies will keep you young for quite a while! So don't be afraid to overindulge!!!1
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                            I would like to add that a steady diet of Shipper Cookies will keep you young for quite a while! So don't be afraid to overindulge!!!1
                            Who needs the Atkins Diet or that Low Carb diet when you've got Ship Nana's Shipper Cookies!
                            sigpic

Comment

*kiwigater sheepishly puts hand up in air*
                              ummm, I kinda LIKED Martouf (is this sacrilige??? ).

Comment

MARIMBA!!!!!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((MARIMBA!!!!!))))))))))))))))))))))))))

We've missed you!!!!!! How was the con?!?!?!?! Did ya get to meet AT?!?!?! Huh? Well, did ya?? Did she like the package?? Did ya kiss RDA (just kiddin' )??? ?
                                Gads, I wish!!! The Bum was IN TOWN and didn't come to the con even to visit! And Yes, Nikki, I got to see MS up close and all I can say is WOW!!! I'm an equal opportunity drooler these days!
                                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X