This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rant warning!

Okay, so here is the deal. I really don't watch too much television. I usuallly watch the History channel and Discovery Wings because that is what hubs puts on.
    If I were to choose, I watch news channels and the Food Network(I love to cook).
    So, the one show that I actually get excited about and love to watch has been really pi$$ing me off. So I ask myself, why continue with this?
    I like science fiction, I used to watch it all of the time when I could not sleep, then I stumbled on this show. Then I got involved in the fandom, which is a first for me. Now, well I am disenchanted with the whole da** thing. I have no idea where I was going to go with this, but I tell ya, it was important dag nab it!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
      But I swear if she says yes I'm pullin' out of SG-1!!!!!
      Okay it's been five minutes since I wrote my last post and I've calmed down...

If she says yes, I'll do something rash... like break all my DVDs and send them to Bridge Studios with a (calm and polite) note explaining why.
      Right now my one saving grace is that I'm going to tell myself that this is the episode where she finally says good bye to Pete.
      This is the episode where Sam realizes that he's not the right guy and says goodbye.
      That's what I'll believe untill I'm proved otherwise and If I am proved otherwise. well I wont be responsible for my actions
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Sally
        Wondered where I was?....

A - Before season 8 premier, read AT's newest punch, I mean Chicago Tribune article.

B - Disappointed in season premier.

C - Saw new pics for Affinity.

D - Tired. Very, very, very tired of this.

Sally
        (((((((((((((Sally)))))))))))))

I think at this point we all need a...
        (((((((((((((Group Hug)))))))))))))
        ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
          #975:

The link is dead however I found a copy of the story in my cache files
          I'll e-mailed you a copy when I finish catching up with the posts
          If anyone else would like to read it you can PM me.
          Thanks, I would really appreciate that. I hope it has a happy ending, i think we all could use one about now.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            This is going to sound really... juvenile, but it almost feels like the ptb don't like us... are punishing us. They couldn't just let Sam date casually. And if they had to have a real bf, they couldn't just let it be nice and not a big deal... It's everything we're afraid of seeing; it's like it's being played out in front of our eyes... why? What did we do to deserve this?

Sally
            ((((((Sally)))))))))
            Nope it doesn't saound juvenile at all...we became fans of a couple that TPTB admittedly put together and now when the same PTB are doing something that is totally OUT OF WHACK 8 seasons into the show we fans are questioning it and the responses we are getting are evasive, rude, *in jest* and some down right rude. So the fact that we are all standing around going HUH?????? and REALLY trying to hang in there DESPITE what is being thrown at us says A LOT more for us as FANS then it does for TPTB.

They have a hit show because of us FANS and we are a voice. I firmly believe that if they seriously got *Hate Mail* they can't truly think that will be in there for the end of the show and the fans will go along with it.

THAT is what I am hanging my hopes on.
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by zabbugh
              Rant warning!

Okay, so here is the deal. I really don't watch too much television. I usuallly watch the History channel and Discovery Wings because that is what hubs puts on.
              If I were to choose, I watch news channels and the Food Network(I love to cook).
              So, the one show that I actually get excited about and love to watch has been really pi$$ing me off. So I ask myself, why continue with this?
              I like science fiction, I used to watch it all of the time when I could not sleep, then I stumbled on this show. Then I got involved in the fandom, which is a first for me. Now, well I am disenchanted with the whole da** thing. I have no idea where I was going to go with this, but I tell ya, it was important dag nab it!
              Trust me I hear you. This is currently the only series TV show I watch.
              This is the first fandom I've been in it's the first TV show I've bought DVDs for. It was a good experience up until recently now I'm begining to think I've invested too much time and money in this show.
              ~BCM =)

Comment

Sensing a shipper meltdown here.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Thanks, Tame.

Sally
                  ALWAYS !!!!!ANYTIME !!!!!! Don't even need to thank me...you have been there too when I am lying on the ground beating my chest HOWLING at the moon " Why WHY WHY "
                  Ptiu I spit his name!!!!
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

#964:

Maybe the swearing in was because she was being promoted to leader of SG-1 and not because of her rank?
                    Okay, I'm back because sleep was not forthcoming--who could sleep with those images in their mind?

I may be wrong about this but I don't remember anyone ever getting sworn in at any of the change of command ceremonies I've been to. I'll ask hubs tomorrow night though and let everyone know.
                    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Rant warning!

OOOOHHH so with you here....LOVE THE IRON CHEF!!!!!

I am the same as you Chris...if I am not watching Sci-Fi I am working or reading a book or Food Network

One thing I am though is loyal. And that is why it is important Dag nab it..... TPTB need to be loyal back!!! We will be here when you figure out where you were going

Comment

If she says yes, I'll do something rash... like break all my DVDs and send them to Bridge Studios with a (calm and polite) note explaining why.

BCM! Don't break 'em, sell 'em. Make money for this grief.

Right now my one saving grace is that I'm going to tell myself that this is the episode where she finally says good bye to Pete.

I hope so too.
                        This is the episode where Sam realizes that he's not the right guy and says goodbye.

Ditto.

That's what I'll believe untill I'm proved otherwise and If I am proved otherwise. well I wont be responsible for my actions
                        Call if you need bail money.

Comment

This is going to sound really... juvenile, but it almost feels like the ptb don't like us... are punishing us. They couldn't just let Sam date casually. And if they had to have a real bf, they couldn't just let it be nice and not a big deal... It's everything we're afraid of seeing; it's like it's being played out in front of our eyes... why? What did we do to deserve this?

Sally
                          It does look that way, doesn't it?

Yep, our nightmares are all coming true on screen. As far as what we've done, why that's simple--we've been positive, supportive fans who have loved the show through thick and thin and have tried to be positive no matter what. But how does that cliche go about nice guys finishing last? I guess we haven't complained and whined enough.

Okay, so now I'm being a bit juvenile too but i'm beyond caring I think.

Comment

(((((((((((((Sally)))))))))))))

I think at this point we all need a...
                            (((((((((((((Group Hug)))))))))))))

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by BCM
                              Originally Posted by bcmilco

BCM! Don't break 'em, sell 'em. Make money for this grief.
                              Originally posted by BCM
                              I hope so too.
                              Originally posted by BCM
                              Ditto.
                              Originally posted by BCM
                              Call if you need bail money.
                              I'll chip in too.......... on second thought I may be *with* him so we better think about starting a *Get Shippers Out of Jail Fund*

Comment

#1014:

A ring?!?!?
                                Son of a b*****
                                And what was that picture of Sam and Pete working together if they end up on a join operation together I am going to be one pissed off fan. scratch that I wont be a fan anymore because they've been saying that Sam and Jack can't get together because they work together but Sam and Pete can kiss AND WORK TOGETHER I'M REALLY REALLY PISSED RIGHT NOW!
                                Yeah, I was wondering when you were going to see those. As I was reading your posts I noticed that you still seemed so positive and I thought to myself "he hasn't seen them yet". I can't say anything other than I agree with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X