Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kiwi, don't worry about the move. We'll all help you. Us shippers stick together, and remember...Nobody gets left behind!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Well since it looks like everyone is already packed and ready to go I'll be closing this thread now. It feels like I just closed the last one. You guys are productive like bunnies.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Here's the sparkly new shipper thread to play with. Now it's time to see how fast it gets dirty.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
          Here's the sparkly new shipper thread to play with. Now it's time to see how fast it gets dirty.

oooooo, that sounds like a challenge....

Yaaaayy, I didn't get lost in the move

Comment

WeeeHeeee!!!! We've got a new home. Welcome everybody.
            ((((((((((((((Shippers)))))))))))))))
            sigpic

Comment

This is cool! How many new shippers get to say they helped finish an old thread and start a new one in the same day? I'm sure we'll feel at home in, well, now. Just one more question before I *think* I'll be able to go solo. How exactly do I make my sig pic smaller? (now that I actually get a picture - thanks again for the help!)
              Last edited by CkiCki; 07 July 2004, 01:14 PM.
              Teenager Wisdom: "There's no such thing as original thought anymore. We're all just regurgitating the same old ideas over and over again, melting them down into a giant melting pot of mediocrity." -Andy Spencer, CITIZEN JOE
              CkiCki

Comment

I thought it was time to come out of the woodworks and just say *yay* on another new shipper thread! I can't believe it is the 7th already!

Btw Caty! I voted (well of course I did)! I really hope you win!

~Tracey~

~a shipper who should post more often~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by CkiCki
                  This is cool! How many new shippers get to say they helped finish an old thread and start a new one in the same day? I'm sure we'll feel at home in, well, now. Just one more question before I *think* I'll be able to go solo. How exactly do I make my sig pic smaller? (now that I actually get a picture - thanks again for the help!)
                  You can't if it's a thumbnail...
                  Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                  Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                  Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                    WOOHOO!! SEVEN!!!

Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                      WOOHOO!! SEVEN!!!

Drat. I wanted to be Number 2 on the new thread! "Missed it by *that* much."

J.
                      "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Sort of replying to me own post: I tried to follow the directions to add a picture to the sig that I saw on the last thread--and just ended up with that stupid URL below my signature! OK, what went wrong??

J.
                        "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1

J.
                          WOOOOOHOOOOOO! OUR NEW HOME! LOT"S OF FARMLAND TO PLAY AROUND WITH AND GROW OUR FOOD!!!!

Comment

J.
                            oooops, sorry. But you know I ALWAYS share with fellow Gaters, my post is your post....

Comment

I packed the letter so here it is. Make sure no one got dropped. The packing was done in haste. There is still a little time to add your name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              Dear Amanda,

The Shipper Family of Gateworld has collectively contributed to this letter in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and the character of Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently. All of us post on Gateworld Forum, and more specifically in the "Sam/Jack Shipper Discussion Thread" (please come by and visit some time, we'd love to have you!).

Our family is made up of fans from all over the globe, including The United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Republic of Ireland, The Netherlands, Scotland, France, Portugal, New Zealand, Germany, and Australia. We are definitely a family. Whether we're discussing the many "ups and downs" of Sam and Jack's relationship or the dramas of real life; we support, encourage, and sustain each other. As a family, we laugh and occasionally disagree, we rave then we rant, but most importantly love and respect one another. Thank you so much for being part of the reason we have developed this wonderful family!

A common theme we have in this thread is that we all think that you are an extremely talented actress and the show is better off for having you on it. You bring a depth and warmth to Sam Carter's character that enriches each episode. It is also wonderful to see such a strong and smart female character on television. Through Sam, we've explored other worlds, fought off Jaffa, created naquada reactors, and saved Earth from friend and foe alike. Through you, Amanda, we've seen a talented actress bring this very fascinating and charming character to life. Thank you for your tireless dedication to your craft and the selfless giving of yourself to your fans.

We have all enjoyed watching both Sam and Jack grow and change over time and we think that their relationship has added an extra dimension to the show. It is wonderful to see two characters who love and respect each other so much (not to mention two amazing actors who have so much chemistry!). Their relationship is a breath of fresh air when most television romantic relationships are so badly done. In our humble opinion, we feel that Jack is the best man for Sam - and he is made better by Sam. They've seen each other at their best and at their worst. They have been through so much together. To us that definitely lays the foundation for something special.

We are thoroughly excited by your desire to stretch your acting legs and explore Sam's development, but we sincerely hope that at some point this exploration will take place at Jack's cabin. With Jack!

While we do love the romantic relationship between Sam and Jack, we also love the friendships and interaction between the entire team. We enjoy the team dynamic very much amongst all of the characters. We are not asking that the show be turned into the Sam and Jack show. We want the same brilliant "Stargate SG-1" that we've always had just with the additional natural, positive progression of the romantic feelings between our favorite couple.

Having said all that, we have enclosed a gift that is sure to bring out the shipper in you! We are sending you some of the best music videos from two of our "family" members, Caty and Marimba. We hope you enjoy their labor of love as much as we have! "Frozen," "I Surrender," and "Breathless" from Caty (aka ShipDiva); and "Tell Him," "To Make You Feel My Love," and "Still Holding Out for You" from Marimba will demonstrate why we feel Sam and Jack should be together. Of course, the collection would not be complete without "Miss Independent", "Wonder Woman", and "Through the Rain" which capture the essence of Sam. Caty and Marimba?s work is sure to melt your heart and make you laugh as you look back over the years at the evolving relationship of Samantha Carter and Jack O'Neill.

With warmest regards (and lots of Shipper hugs!),

~The Gateworld Sam/Jack Shipper Family~

Caty
                              Ship Nana
                              Gatetrixer
                              AbydosTraveller
                              madfrenchie
                              Isis
                              GoneShippin'
                              Marimba
                              ~bcmilco =)
                              Seven
                              mjj1993
                              LtLisa
                              Nikkirose
                              dipsofjazz
                              OzGirl
                              Meimei
                              Emilee108
                              waterfall
                              ShimmeringStar
                              majorsal
                              Token
                              DarkQuee1
                              mad_gater
                              Iluuuuuvjack
                              ChevronSevon
                              JSDT
                              Loki
                              Twisted Angel
                              stargate barbie
                              Ice^^Heat
                              TameFarrar
                              pittsburghgirl
                              Watters87
                              MadyS
                              Sam_o_Neill
                              sacme
                              Anakin
                              Bucky
                              RubySlippers
                              Sugarshaker
                              elhSG1
                              Getcarter
                              SG1happy
                              Elfinwood
                              Nickatell
                              Zabbugh
                              Jafacakes
                              Kiwigater
                              Col aga
                              Auralan
                              Capt. Rivet
                              Lorelei
                              Chevron 1
                              Send Pete to Edora
                              Muldy_SG1
                              S'Clairef99

Token ~

Comment

Sort of replying to me own post: I tried to follow the directions to add a picture to the sig that I saw on the last thread--and just ended up with that stupid URL below my signature! OK, what went wrong??

J.
                                Did you put the URL in between opening and closing IMG tags? If you go to the "Edit signature" in "My controls," there's an "insert image" button. Put the cursor in the desired spot for the pic, then click the "insert image" button. A dialog will come up. Just copy and paste the URL into the text box in that dialog and voila! The code will be put in automatically! Cool huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X