This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marimba26
    I MUCH prefer to err on the side of caution.
    That's what I was thinking. I was also remebering back in the X-Files peak if FOX found anything on anybody's website they got a nasty letter. They got really mean about it too.

I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1

<tiny snip>

May I suggest, if we are still giving her the song vids, that we include some that are just Sam? To show her that we don't just like Sam because we like the ship, but that we like Sam for being Sam, and that we see her as an individual apart from Jack?

J.
      Oh, this is a wonderful idea! We should do this!

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
        Yeah, been there, done that! I can pretty much turn any scene into a never ending ship drama!! Of course my husband also made they kissy sounds when she hugged Teal'c too but I'm not even gonna go there!

LOL! But I'd rather see her with Teal'c than !

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          <snip>
          Okay, ONE more suggestion... *flinches*

The line ".... but we sincerely hope that at some point this exploration will take place in Jack's cabin. With Jack! "; how about change the word 'in', as 'in Jack's cabin', to 'at', as in 'at Jack's cabin'? Sounds a little more non-suggestive, even though that's the way our wicked minds work around here.

Sally
          "at Jack's cabin" is fine with me 'cuz to me the suggestive part was "With Jack". "In" or "at" makes no nevermind to me. Anyone else?

Token ~

Comment

Oh, by the way--I think the letter is fine and am proud to have my name attached to it!

Okay, I was watching tonight (can't remember if it was Lost City or Heroes) and there was an H & R Block commercial and guess who was in it? C'mon, guess? ................................................................................ ............. ! Can you believe? (And please don't shoot me but he did look cute when he was just playing Joe Schmoe and not stalker )

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
              I think we had some concensus previously when this suggestion was made that it was clear who was sending the letter as it specifically mentions that we are the posters of the Sam/Jack Shipper Thread. Further we also felt that only the people who signed the letter were responsible for the letter. In addition, I don't know of any other Shipper Family does anyone else?

'All of us post on Gateworld Forum, and more specifically in the "Sam/Jack Shipper Discussion Thread"....'

and

With warmest regards (and lots of Shipper hugs!),

"~The Gateworld Sam/Jack Shipper Family~"

We can reopen this issue if you feel that we should.

Do we all still feel the same about this suggestion or should there be a change?

Since I sent that post, I read the responding replies. I think everything's fine. I guess we'll know, though, if another mod tells us different???

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Reposting the letter, again. Changes made as requested.

Anyone else want their name on it? Those Red Shipper Cookies sure are good!!! Come on give 'em a try!!

Dear Amanda,

The Shipper Family of Gateworld has collectively contributed to this letter in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and the character of Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently. All of us post on Gateworld Forum, and more specifically in the "Sam/Jack Shipper Discussion Thread" (please come by and visit some time, we'd love to have you!).

Our family is made up of fans from all over the globe, including The United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Republic of Ireland, The Netherlands, Scotland, France and Portugal. We are definitely a family. Whether we're discussing the many "ups and downs" of Sam and Jack's relationship or the dramas of real life; we support, encourage, and sustain each other. As a family, we laugh and occasionally disagree, we rave then we rant, but most importantly love and respect one another. Thank you so much for being part of the reason we have developed this wonderful family!

A common theme we have in this thread is that we all think that you are an extremely talented actress and the show is better off for having you on it. You bring a depth and warmth to Sam Carter's character that enriches each episode. It is also wonderful to see such a strong and smart female character on television. Through Sam, we've explored other worlds, fought off Jaffa, created naquada reactors, and saved Earth from friend and foe alike. Through you, Amanda, we've seen a talented actress bring this very fascinating and charming character to life. Thank you for your tireless dedication to your craft and the selfless giving of yourself to your fans.

We have all enjoyed watching both Sam and Jack grow and change over time and we think that their relationship has added an extra dimension to the show. It is wonderful to see two characters who love and respect each other so much (not to mention two amazing actors who have so much chemistry!). Their relationship is a breath of fresh air when most television romantic relationships are so badly done. In our humble opinion, we feel that Jack is the best man for Sam - and he is made better by Sam. They've seen each other at their best and at their worst. They have been through so much together. To us that definitely lays the foundation for something special.

We are thoroughly excited by your desire to stretch your acting legs and explore Sam's development, but we sincerely hope that at some point this exploration will take place at Jack's cabin. With Jack!

While we do love the romantic relationship between Sam and Jack, we also love the friendships and interaction between the entire team. We enjoy the team dynamic very much amongst all of the characters. We are not asking that the show be turned into the Sam and Jack show. We want the same brilliant "Stargate SG-1" that we've always had just with the additional natural, positive progression of the romantic feelings between our favorite couple.

Having said all that, we have enclosed a gift that is sure to bring out the shipper in you! We are sending you some of the best music videos from two of our "family" members, Caty and Lisa, which we feel demonstrates why Sam and Jack should be together. We hope you enjoy their labor of love as much as we have! We suggest watching the delightful "Remember When It Rained," "I Surrender," "Frozen," "Breathless," and "Miss Independent" from Caty (aka ShipDiva) and "Tell Him," "To Make You Feel My Love," and "Still Holding Out for You" from Lisa (aka Marimba). Their work is sure to melt your heart and make you laugh as you look back over the years at the evolving relationship of Samantha Carter and Jack O'Neill.

With warmest regards (and lots of Shipper hugs!),

~The Gateworld Sam/Jack Shipper Family~

Caty
                Ship Nana
                Gatetrixer
                AbydosTraveller
                madfrenchie
                Isis
                GoneShippin'
                Marimba
                ~bcmilco =)
                Seven
                mjj1993
                LtLisa
                Nikkirose
                dipsofjazz
                OzGirl
                Meimei
                Emilee108
                waterfall
                ShimmeringStar
                majorsal
                Token
                DarkQuee1
                mad_gater
                Iluuuuuvjack
                ChevronSevon
                JSDT
                Loki
                Twisted Angel
                stargate barbie
                Ice^^Heat
                TameFarrar
                pittsburghgirl
                Watters87
                MadyS
                Sam_o_Neill
                sacme
                Anakin
                Bucky
                RubySlippers
                Sugarshaker
                elhSG1
                Getcarter
                SG1happy
                Elfinwood
                Nickatell
                Zabbugh
                Jafacakes
                Kiwigater
                Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by mjj1993
                  Oh, by the way--I think the letter is fine and am proud to have my name attached to it!

Okay, I was watching tonight (can't remember if it was Lost City or Heroes) and there was an H & R Block commercial and guess who was in it? C'mon, guess? ................................................................................ ............. ! Can you believe? (And please don't shoot me but he did look cute when he was just playing Joe Schmoe and not stalker )
                  Yes! I thought I might be transferring my subliminal thoughts onto characters on ads
                  * there's that stalker Pete again!* But no, just an ad...
                  BTW, don't you find it distracting having previews with Jack up and around, when theoretically he's still frozen??
                  (I know, I know, we all know he'll get unfrozen in the first episode, but still.......

Comment

You could add New Zealand to the country list, if you felt so inclined. I may be in the US for now, but I'm a "kiwi" born and raised

Comment

Originally posted by mjj1993

I didn't see that one - thank goodness, but I did see him on a dog food commercial. My husband goes "oh look honey it's your favorite person" so of course my head whips around to the tv and I was like...oh..... anyway!!!! Also have seen "Ambassador Joe" on Home Depot commercials. Funny how I didn't mind seeing her with Joe as much as .

But you know what i would really love to see??? That scene in 2010 at jack's cabin where she gets mad at him and walks past him - man I would have loved to have seen a real fight. The closest thing we had was where they were under the influence of the light when they grabbed a hold of each other. So instead of her rushing past him he grabs her and spins her around and they fight and then....stop fighting.....um......anyway......

Comment

Originally posted by Token

<snip>

Season 8 will not get here fast enough for me! I just watched Lost City 2, man, I am sooo ready for next Friday!
                        Don't forget the Lowdown on Monday!

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                          I haven't been able to get on for a few days and I haven't read the interim posts, so I apologize if I am repeating something that has already been suggested. May I suggest, if we are still giving her the song vids, that we include some that are just Sam? To show her that we don't just like Sam because we like the ship, but that we like Sam for being Sam, and that we see her as an individual apart from Jack?

J.
                          I agree. If you're going to include music videos, we should definately include some Sam vids.
                          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                            I'm jealous, but I know you will give us a FULL report and maybe pictures?
                            "Maybe pictures"?! "MAYBE PICTURES"?!?!

There darn well better be pictures, LOTS of picutres, Signed! for all of us!

And that goes for anyone lucky enough to be going to a cons! *nods*
                            ~BCM =)

Comment

has anyone read "Overtime" on the fanfic site? It was sooooo good - no S/J romance really but a great Sam story.
                              Is it just me or are there not that many Sam fics?

*wonders over to the fanfic section* Oooh! it's a long one too! Sweet!

I'll be gone for a few days
                              ~BCM =)

Comment

Yeah, been there, done that! I can pretty much turn any scene into a never ending ship drama!! Of course my husband also made they kissy sounds when she hugged Teal'c too but I'm not even gonna go there!

Just to be the intelligient donkey that my husband is, he made kissy noises when Jack put his hand on Tealc's face when they were on the teltac. Yep, I know, I married him. Gotta love my dork!
                                Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X