X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcmilco
    Spoiler Space s8 Sacrifice

Okay People some of you were worried about the wedding that is going to be occuring this season, well I have news for you. It IS going to be Ry'ac who get's married.

S8 Update Sacrifice
    Thanks for the link. But I'm more interested in this part:

Fans of Jack and Daniel have a treat or two in store too...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
      Hello all, as an occasional lurker in here I may have missed or misunderstood some relevant posts, so bear with me!

I have a question: why is it so important that Pete's apology to Sam be onscreen? An awful lot of stuff has happened 'offscreen', that people still are okay about. For instance, AFAIK most people here like or at least tolerate Jonas - but the bits where he said to Daniel "Thank you for saving my life", "Thank you for saving my city", "Sorry you had to die in so much pain for the rest of us to live" and all that, all of those happened offscreen.

I *have* to assume they happened offscreen, cos they certainly didn't happen onscreen and if they didn't happen at all then Jonas would be the worst sort of cad, and I don't want to believe that of Jonas. So I do see the necessity for those of you who are under the daft delusion that Pete is not utterly lovely and good (hey, I'm the Ship Evil Stepmother, I'm allowed to be heretical in here) to have a Pete Apologises To Sam Scene, but would it make such a difference if it were offscreen?

I don't intend to argue this, I just wanted to read your views, which is why it's in here not the Ship Discussion Thread. Thanks!
      Interesting question, Madeleine. I can't speak for other shippers, but for me, I'm 'also' a huge Sam fan. And as a Sam fan, I felt that Sam was treated poorly by PS. His apology won't effect the ship-related aspects of this for me, but his appology will go far for this Sam fan. I guess I don't really care if it's on-screen or not, as long as Sam or PS say it's happened. I love Sam. I want to see her treated with respect. She deserves an appology.

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        I may have gotten my Lovin Feelin Back....But Sheesh I didn't get FREAKIN STUPID!!!!

Hehehehe... yeah, Tame, you tell 'em!

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50

Anyway, I don't do rants well... But these irritating things do tend to make me react in silly ways....

LOL! I'll tell ya, though, Sam's not looking too hot.

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            LOL! I'll tell ya, though, Sam's not looking too hot.

Sally
            Listen, when you crash someone's 50th Anniversary party and then tell me that was a HOT date and that the fratboy's antics were cute and sexy...well, it turns you into a Spud Buddy in my book!

I love Sam. I love AT. But her interviews are bugging me right now....
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks! The credit really goes to Tame, though, because she's not only the person that gave me the idea, but choose the pic. I told her I wanted to choose my own, but her choice kept popping in the head. (it hurts to have something pop in your head ) BUT, Tame will NOT give me anymore ideas! Right Tame? I want to choose the next in the series.

Sally
              I Swear :::holding up right Hand::: to never give Sally ideas again!!
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Hello all, as an occasional lurker in here I may have missed or misunderstood some relevant posts, so bear with me!

I have a question: why is it so important that Pete's apology to Sam be onscreen? An awful lot of stuff has happened 'offscreen', that people still are okay about. For instance, AFAIK most people here like or at least tolerate Jonas - but the bits where he said to Daniel "Thank you for saving my life", "Thank you for saving my city", "Sorry you had to die in so much pain for the rest of us to live" and all that, all of those happened offscreen.
                TPTB gave *some* explaination throughout season 6 on this. Jonas never acted like he was innocent of anything. In fact he made SURE that Jack knew he would live with *THAT* regret all of his days.
                I *have* to assume they happened offscreen, cos they certainly didn't happen onscreen and if they didn't happen at all then Jonas would be the worst sort of cad, and I don't want to believe that of Jonas. So I do see the necessity for those of you who are under the daft delusion that Pete is not utterly lovely and good (hey, I'm the Ship Evil Stepmother, I'm allowed to be heretical in here) to have a Pete Apologises To Sam Scene, but would it make such a difference if it were offscreen?

I don't intend to argue this, I just wanted to read your views, which is why it's in here not the Ship Discussion Thread. Thanks!
                I think the major difference here is that Jonas was a major character coming into the series and he was given time to explain himself and then develop. To this day some fans like, love or hate Jonas. The fact that Daniel didn't *remember* at first and then we *guess* that things happen off screen is easier because we *saw* so much of his ( Jonas) regret in S6 and Daniel alludes a couple of times to things I *think* at teh beginning of S7 when the switch takes place.
                With we have 20 minutes period. And in that 20 minutes he goes from being a nice guy to an emotional manipulator, to a liar and a sneek to a stalker. Now IMHO THAT doesn't speak well for ANY character. I know that when I go to the movies and when the character that acts JUST LIKE THAT is introduced to the audience, it is THE BAD GUY!

To make matters worse TPTB are now spending the majority of the ad campaign it seems trying to build this character up to be something he wasn't. As I am sure you have read in many of these posts.

As Shippers we all have an aversion to But as FANS we have an aversion to be treated like we are stupid. So the apology would go a long way IF they can't see their way to acknowledging that the writing left many plot holes when they introduced this character.
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                  Just a little waxing philosophic here,
                  OK, I should know better at this point, but I was checking out other threads. Why?? you might well ask...initially I was interested in searching out other viewpoints, ideas, and discussions on SG1. Then, as always, I was drawn back to my fav topic, the wonderful world of Ship (specifically, Sam and Jack's). Now, I hesitate to disparage anyone elses' opinions, but I truly don't understand how anyone can NOT see the chemistry AT and RDA have with each other. For example, I recently read several posts that referred to their LACK of chemistry. FCOL, what do they need, a 2 megaton hygrogen bomb explosion?? If the chemistry was any more palpable, our tv screens would start to drip perspiration. .

Tell me, my shipper family, are we delusional? Have we watched too many music vids, read too many fanfics? Or is ship REALLY in the eye of the beholder?

bemusedly, Di
                  Ya know Di
                  It really has to be in the eye of the beholder because even amongst us Shippers we see the *Ship* start at different stages. For me it was COTG's the moment Jack's eyebrow shot up at the offer to arm wrestle I was Like WOO HOO he is INTERESTED IN HER. My hubs thought even before that. And I know others have said they didn't see it until later in the series.

So if even we differ on when we saw it then I am sure that many people just DON'T see it at all. Unfortunatley I also think some people just don't like Romance in their TV shows period and it really doesn't matter if there is chemistry or not. They have a clear view of what they want to see and if it differs than they are turned off by what diverges from their view.

Same thing for us shippers we WANT our Sam & Jack romance and we sure as shootin get turned off by anything that gets in the way of that

So you are not crazy, ok well we all are a bit weird...eating CG cookies and all but we are a lovable bunch

Comment

Listen, when you crash someone's 50th Anniversary party and then tell me that was a HOT date and that the fratboy's antics were cute and sexy...well, it turns you into a Spud Buddy in my book!

I love Sam. I love AT. But her interviews are bugging me right now....
                    You and me both Mala....you and me both

Comment

I found a very interesting editorial in the TV Guide magazine that I thought related well to PS and our feelings about him. First, though...

Spoilers for S7's Chimera, AND Spoilers for the show Alias' season finale

I'm editing the article to just the points I want to comment on.

"RIP: Lauren Reed. The season finale of ABC's Alias finally delivered the deathblow to a character many of us wanted dead from the start. Lauren, played by the colorless Melissa George, had alienated fan affections immediately by stealing spy-hunk Vaughn away from series heroine Sydney."

<snip>

"The only way to redeem her was to turn her into a two-faced supervillain."

<snip>

" [ ... ] with exposition flying as betrayed husband Vaughn plugged her with six bullets."

K, done. What I liked so much about this editorial was that it admitted to fan reactions. Now, this editorial was written by a fan (and writer for TV Guide), but I liked his phrasing and such. I wonder what will be written about PS once he's out of the picture? I know HE alienated fans affections by trying to steal Sam away from Jack.

Just wanted to share. No biggie.<g>

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

why is it so important that Pete's apology to Sam be onscreen? An awful lot of stuff has happened 'offscreen', that people still are okay about. For instance, AFAIK most people here like or at least tolerate Jonas - but the bits where he said to Daniel "Thank you for saving my life", "Thank you for saving my city", "Sorry you had to die in so much pain for the rest of us to live" and all that, all of those happened offscreen.
                        IMO Jonas showed us throw actions that he was sorry, plus in Redemtion part 2 when he made his plea to be on the team, he apologizes and says that he'll have to 'live with that for the rest of his life'. IMO all through s6 Jonas showed us that he was trying to do the right thing. The fact that any actual apology happened off screen is okay with me because based on his attitude I 'know' that he did apologize.

Whereas I didn't feel that Pete was in anyway sorry or remorseful for his actions. Actions, which IMO were very distrustful and disrespectful, and becuase I didn't feel that he was in any way sorry I thinks it's very important that they show us that it's not right, and not acceptable to do. IMO the only way to show that would be to have Sam giving him "what for", not neccessarily giving him the boot, but a negative reaction of some form was, IMO, definately required.

The part that grates the most, to me, is that once he's done all these awful things. He's told all about the Stargate Program, and Sam is still seeing him. I feel like he was rewarded for actions that should be condemned.

It bothers me that I feel like the Strong Independant woman that I've come to 'adore' is acting like these disrespectful actions are 'okay'. It bothers me that he shows no remorse and no contrition for actions that I consider boarderline creepy. And it bothers me that TPTB are try to make us believe that what we saw didn't actually happen the way it did, and that Pete is actually a nice guy. IMO if he were actually a nice guy he wouldn't have followed her.

That said, at this point I think it's too late for an on screen apology. Right now I'm hoping for a throw-away line along the lines of "I've already said I'm sorry a million times." However I doubt that will happen considering how much they're trying to "sell" the fact that "he's really a nice guy."

If he really is supposed to be a nice guy they should have done a much better job writing him without all the plot holes that left his actions open for scrutiny, but that's just MHO.

I just wanted to read your views, which is why it's in here not the Ship Discussion Thread. Thanks!
                        Actually a better thread probably would have been the Against Pete thread, because shippers aren't the only ones who don't like Pete, were're just the majority, just a thought.

~ShipDaddy
                        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I'm more interested in this part:
                          Fans of Jack and Daniel have a treat or two in store too...
                          Yes well, I'm excited about that too, but it was off-topic on this thread so I didn't mention it...

(Translation: That line was sitting off on it's own and I didn't see it the first time, but now that you point it out I'm excited )
                          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                            There's a good fanfic using exactly that premise but I can't remember where I read it. I'll think about it some, maybe have a purple shipper cookie to jog the ol' memory...
                            Di
                            I think it's called 'Double Trouble' or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              Ya know Di
                              It really has to be in the eye of the beholder because even amongst us Shippers we see the *Ship* start at different stages. For me it was COTG's the moment Jack's eyebrow shot up at the offer to arm wrestle I was Like WOO HOO he is INTERESTED IN HER. My hubs thought even before that. And I know others have said they didn't see it until later in the series.

So if even we differ on when we saw it then I am sure that many people just DON'T see it at all. Unfortunatley I also think some people just don't like Romance in their TV shows period and it really doesn't matter if there is chemistry or not. They have a clear view of what they want to see and if it differs than they are turned off by what diverges from their view.

Same thing for us shippers we WANT our Sam & Jack romance and we sure as shootin get turned off by anything that gets in the way of that

So you are not crazy, ok well we all are a bit weird...eating CG cookies and all but we are a lovable bunch

I think ..that's it ..some people don't like romance on the TV ..but A tv report said that for a show to win ..it needs 10 % romance ..and I think Stargate is doing that just right ...it' s there from time to time ...and for lots of fans...thei is important ..and this is why they tune in ..to see if Sam and Jack will get together ..I don't really care about Jack and daniel cuz I hate slash ..I just don't understand it..and specially on videos on a romantic song ...YUk for me ...but I'll watch Jack hugg Daniel ..fine ..although I do find it weird ..but hey....I will still watch it as part of the show and not make a big deal of it.

And the thing about the chemistry ..of course ..most of Sam and Jack scenes are at the SGC ...and they can't show too much plus there is a barrier there anyway the regs ..but once they're free fron that ..and I think we could see it in the dream sequence of New order ..They 'll probably show a Sam and Jack having fun , smiling , de-stressed in a way so that all fans could picture what Sam and Jack could be together ..

Some people also said that Jack treats Sam real bad ..and uses her ..HUHHHHH..I mean he has been a little hard with her sometimes..specially after Daniel ascended...but so all of them were upset about that....I think Jack has been supportive with Sam and Sam cares a lot for Jack too each time he 's injured ect.....
                              They are a perfect match and have lots in commun ..more than they want to admitt it..They both love children ..they love travelling ...ok Sam is a scientist and jack is a action colonel .....but I'm a french tutor ..and my hubby is an enginneer ...I dont' understand anything about his job ..and he can't understand French either.....but I'm with him and love him ....we have other stuff in commun ..and you don't need a lot anyway as long as you can listen to another person's interest and find out about it ....he's also a keen golfer and I hate golf....but I still ask him about the competitions and all that ...

Therefore the fishing for Sam..well ..she can try ..she may like it ...and if she doesn't ..what's the big deal ..it's the company which is the most important....and ..she can always go and ride her bike with Jack or without ...free space is great too....You don't have to be glued to each other to have a fab relationship.

Sam and Jack are a match made in HEAVEN ....and as soons as we see that idyllic dream Sam is thinking about ...that will tell lots cuz if the 2 actors can do that smashing chemistry ...wiithout the regs in the way ..then we have it ...and lots of fans will see it then....The chemistry..All we need to see to prove they are a good match is see them outside the SGC with no regs ....That's all we need..or the non-shippers Sam and Jack need anyway.

Caty

Comment

I found a very interesting editorial in the TV Guide magazine that I thought related well to PS and our feelings about him. First, though...

Spoilers for S7's Chimera, AND Spoilers for the show Alias' season finale

I'm editing the article to just the points I want to comment on.

"RIP: Lauren Reed. The season finale of ABC's Alias finally delivered the deathblow to a character many of us wanted dead from the start. Lauren, played by the colorless Melissa George, had alienated fan affections immediately by stealing spy-hunk Vaughn away from series heroine Sydney."

<snip>

"The only way to redeem her was to turn her into a two-faced supervillain."

<snip>

" [ ... ] with exposition flying as betrayed husband Vaughn plugged her with six bullets."

K, done. What I liked so much about this editorial was that it admitted to fan reactions. Now, this editorial was written by a fan (and writer for TV Guide), but I liked his phrasing and such. I wonder what will be written about PS once he's out of the picture? I know HE alienated fans affections by trying to steal Sam away from Jack.

Just wanted to share. No biggie.<g>

Sally

Oh It's great news Sally.....about Lauren being killed by her husband Vaughn....I love it ..I saw the episode last week where she killed that guy in the parking garage ....She is a cold blooded killer. and so mean to SYDNEY ....Well , let's hope Jack doen't kill Pete though ..let's have him dumped just cuz he is not the one she loves ..and back to Stargate and Sam and Jack on missions.........

......Lets get them stranded on a tropical planet for 100 days ..missing in action .....start a relationship...then found again by Daniel .......and let's them meet the president to discuss their future now they are in a relationship....surely nothing could be done in such a case ....I still think this is the best natural scenario for Sam and Jack ... The Tarzan and Jane of the tropical planet...AND with luck we may even see Jack with shorts on and no shirt and sam with her top tank and French knickers ...for Jack's benefice of course. We may even see them bathe together in a lake ...or Jack teaching Sam his best swim...ect....you see what I mean ...and plenty of other stuff...100 days is a long time .....but if you are with the one you love ...My goodness me ..that must be fun.

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X