This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marimba26
    I'm apparently WAY behind on posts so sorry this reply is so late! Yes, I am going to Gatecon and I would be willing to take the letter. I have two suggestions about it though. Go ahead and take the video CDs with you because there's no way I can get Caty's in the mail before I leave at this point. Since I'm not taking those, we should strike that part of the letter. I also think we should strike the thing about Jack's cabin. Amanda has made her feelings about that sort of thing clear in the past and I think she might quit reading if that's in there. Just a thought as I now endeavor to catch up on this thread! Gosh, I leave for 24 hours and you guys have gone and left me behind!

Marimba ..

When are you leaving for the Gatecon?

....In a way ..it's a shame to give her a letter without anything else ...because I think a book, some CD's and photos will have a better impact ....it's more organized than giving her a piece of paper one day , some CD's another time .Things should be all sent together , don't you think?!!! a real piece of art to treasure with a letter..The letter is not the most important ...but the effort behind it... is ..the artwork for the book and our beloved Sam and Jack in photos, music videos, collages......and so on.

When is the gatecon and when is the convention in August ....How many weeks in between the 2?!!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      Marimba ..

When are you leaving for the Gatecon?

When is the gatecon and when is the convention in August ....How many weeks in between the 2?!!!

Caty

Leaving a week from Tues and this is a holiday weekend in America so the mail will be extra slow--just don't want to take the chance that your CD will get here after I leave. The con that Tasha is going to is at the end of August I think.
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Just wanted to announce my latest vid:

"The Story of Us"

The story of Jack and Sam as told in flashback, set to the Adagio from the Violin Concerto in G minor, op. 26 by Max Bruch. A departure for me.

Fair warning for dial-up folks, it's 9 min, 50 sec, so it's 16 mb.

Enjoy!
        Last edited by marimba26; 02 July 2004, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Leaving a week from Tues and this is a holiday weekend in America so the mail will be extra slow--just don't want to take the chance that your CD will get here after I leave. The con that Tasha is going to is at the end of August I think.

Is a gatecon better than a convention?or a convention better to give stuff to the actors ...ect...What is the difference between a gatecon and a convention.?!!!!.....I thought a convention was on a bigger scale ..let's say more important .. is it true or no?

Can't we give individual letters for the gatecon and the treasure book at the convention?

Caty

Comment

<snip>
            I also think we should strike the thing about Jack's cabin. Amanda has made her feelings about that sort of thing clear in the past and I think she might quit reading if that's in there. Just a thought as I now endeavor to catch up on this thread! Gosh, I leave for 24 hours and you guys have gone and left me behind!
            From the many behind-the-scenes interviews and such, Amanda strikes me as having a sense of humor. My impression of the sentence is that it is funny and lighthearted. I'm hoping she is not so sensitive to the subject that she can't see the humor in the statement. Maybe we should add a "<grin>" so she doesn't take it the wrong way. Am I wrong?

Token ~

Comment

I, personally, like the "Jacks cabin" bit, because I think it's funny and part of the whole story anyway. It's part of our fantasy anyway, so I'm sure Amanda will take it as fun.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                Cousins are good!!! Cousin Zabbugh, how does that sound?
                I like it, I like it! Thanks for putting my name on the list. I finally got somewhat caught up! I really like the final letter, bravo to all of those who composed!!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                  Is a gatecon better than a convention?or a convention better to give stuff to the actors ...ect...What is the difference between a gatecon and a convention.?!!!!.....I thought a convention was on a bigger scale ..let's say more important .. is it true or no?

Can't we give individual letters for the gatecon and the treasure book at the convention?

Caty
                  Gatecon is just the name of the convention. This will be my first one so I have no idea about the scale or size. As for individual letters I think it would depend on everyone here. But Tasha suggested it so she should get to do the honors. I'll just deliver the group letter since it's sooner. That way everyone will have time to collect their thoughts. Gatecon is so close, I'd hate for things to be rushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                    From the many behind-the-scenes interviews and such, Amanda strikes me as having a sense of humor. My impression of the sentence is that it is funny and lighthearted. I'm hoping she is not so sensitive to the subject that she can't see the humor in the statement. Maybe we should add a "<grin>" so she doesn't take it the wrong way. Am I wrong?
                    That might work...

Comment

Dear Amanda,

The Shipper Family of Gateworld has collectively contributed to this letter in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and the character of Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently. All of us who've signed below post on Gateworld Forum, and more specifically in the "Sam/Jack Shipper Discussion Thread" (please come by and visit some time, we'd love to have you!).

Our family is made up of fans from all over the globe, including The United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Republic of Ireland, The Netherlands, Scotland, France and Portugal. We are definitely a family. Whether we're discussing the many "ups and downs" of Sam and Jack's relationship or the dramas of real life; we support, encourage, and sustain each other. As a family, we laugh and occasionally disagree, we rave then we rant, but most importantly love and respect one another. Thank you so much for being part of the reason we have developed this wonderful family!

A common theme we have in this thread is that we all think that you are an extremely talented actress and the show is better off for having you on it. You bring a depth and warmth to Sam Carter's character that enriches each episode. It is also wonderful to see such a strong and smart female character on television. Through Sam, we've explored other worlds, fought off Jaffa, created naquada reactors, and saved Earth from friend and foe alike. Through you, Amanda, we've seen a talented actress bring this very fascinating and charming character to life. Thank you for your dedication to your craft and giving of yourself to your fans.

We have all enjoyed watching both Sam and Jack grow and change over time and we think that their relationship has added an extra dimension to the show. It is wonderful to see two characters who love and respect each other so much (not to mention two amazing actors who have so much chemistry!). Their relationship is a breath of fresh air when most television romantic relationships are so badly done. In our humble opinion, we feel that Jack is the best man for Sam - and he is made better by Sam. They've seen each other at their best and at their worst. They have been through so much together. To us that definitely lays the foundation for something special.

We are thoroughly excited by your desire to stretch your acting legs and explore Sam's development, but we sincerely hope that at some point this exploration will take place in Jack's cabin. With Jack!

While we do love the romantic relationship between Sam and Jack, we also love the friendships and interaction between the entire team. We enjoy the team dynamic very much amongst all of the characters. We are not asking that the show be turned into the Sam and Jack show. We want the same brilliant "Stargate SG-1" that we've always had just with the additional natural, positive progression of the romantic feelings between our favorite couple.

Having said all that, we have enclosed a gift that is sure to bring out the shipper in you! We are sending you some of the best music videos from two of our "family" members, Caty and Lisa, which we feel demonstrates why Sam and Jack should be together. We hope you enjoy their labor of love as much as we have! We suggest watching the delightful "Remember When It Rained," "I Surrender," "Frozen," "Breathless," and "Miss Independent" from Caty (aka ShipDiva) and "Tell Him," "To Make You Feel My Love," and "Still Holding Out for You" from Lisa (aka Marimba). Their work is sure to melt your heart and make you laugh as you look back over the years at the evolving relationship of Samantha Carter and Jack O'Neill.

With warmest regards (and lots of Shipper hugs!),

~The Gateworld Sam/Jack Shipper Family~

Caty
                      Ship Nana
                      Gatetrixer
                      AbydosTraveller
                      madfrenchie
                      Isis
                      GoneShippin'
                      Marimba
                      ~bcmilco =)
                      Seven
                      mjj1993
                      LtLisa
                      Nikkirose
                      dipsofjazz
                      OzGirl
                      Meimei
                      Emilee108
                      waterfall
                      ShimmeringStar
                      majorsal
                      Token
                      DarkQuee1
                      mad_gater
                      Iluuuuuvjack
                      ChevronSevon
                      JSDT
                      Loki
                      Twisted Angel
                      stargate barbie
                      Ice^^Heat
                      TameFarrar
                      pittsburghgirl
                      Watters87
                      MadyS
                      Sam_o_Neill
                      sacme
                      Anakin
                      Bucky
                      RubySlippers
                      Sugarshaker
                      elhSG1
                      Getcarter
                      SG1happy
                      Elfinwood
                      Nickatell
                      Zabbugh
                      Jafacakes
                      Kiwigater

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I agree that it seemed fairly clear to me (MHO) that we all post on Gateworld's Forum (a wonderful place to be ) and specifically on the S/J Shipper Thread (home sweet home ). We didn't state we represented the Anti Thread or other Ship Discussion Threads & I know I for one would never consider inferring that we represented anyone else other than our shippy little selves. Plus (MHO again) saying Shipper Family then clarifying it's specifically the Sam/Jack aspect increases the chances she may read it, yes?

But if it helps any.... I've added "who've signed below" into it.... does it help? Snip or Stay?

(And latest count.... we're up to 48 posters who've now signed it...)
                      Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 02 July 2004, 05:42 PM. Reason: forgot to put we post on the Forum...not elsewhere in GW.....
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                        See, now look what all those different shipper cookies have done! You've gone and make me stop lurking......
                        Great letter, sign me up
                        Welcome kiwigater !
                        Yes, those cookies really are effective aren't they? We surely are blessed with the most special Nana a family could have!
                        Again - welcome & please post lots, okay?
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                          Dear Amanda,

The Shipper Family of Gateworld has collectively contributed to this letter in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and the character of Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently. All of us who've signed below post on Gateworld Forum, and more specifically in the "Sam/Jack Shipper Discussion Thread" (please come by and visit some time, we'd love to have you!).

I agree that it seemed fairly clear to me (MHO) that we all post on Gateworld's Forum (a wonderful place to be ) and specifically on the S/J Shipper Thread (home sweet home ). We didn't state we represented the Anti Thread or other Ship Discussion Threads & I know I for one would never consider inferring that we represented anyone else other than our shippy little selves. Plus (MHO again) saying Shipper Family then clarifying it's specifically the Sam/Jack aspect increases the chances she may read it, yes?

But if it helps any.... I've added "who've signed below" into it.... does it help? Snip or Stay?

I really think it is redundant as the people who have signed the letter are the ones sending it.

I know we are trying to be sensitive to other groups and people but I think the letter is extremely clear as to whom it is from.

So I vote to snip.
                          Last edited by Ship Nana; 02 July 2004, 06:12 PM.
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                            <snip>
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I vote "Snip". I don't think it flows as well too legal-ish (word?). I think, as I have already stated, that it is clear enough as it is. JMO.

Token ~

Comment

Reposting the letter, again.

Anyone else want their name on it? Those Red Shipper Cookies sure are good!!! Come on give 'em a try!!

Dear Amanda,

The Shipper Family of Gateworld has collectively contributed to this letter in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and the character of Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently. All of us post on Gateworld Forum, and more specifically in the "Sam/Jack Shipper Discussion Thread" (please come by and visit some time, we'd love to have you!).

Our family is made up of fans from all over the globe, including The United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Republic of Ireland, The Netherlands, Scotland, France and Portugal. We are definitely a family. Whether we're discussing the many "ups and downs" of Sam and Jack's relationship or the dramas of real life; we support, encourage, and sustain each other. As a family, we laugh and occasionally disagree, we rave then we rant, but most importantly love and respect one another. Thank you so much for being part of the reason we have developed this wonderful family!

A common theme we have in this thread is that we all think that you are an extremely talented actress and the show is better off for having you on it. You bring a depth and warmth to Sam Carter's character that enriches each episode. It is also wonderful to see such a strong and smart female character on television. Through Sam, we've explored other worlds, fought off Jaffa, created naquada reactors, and saved Earth from friend and foe alike. Through you, Amanda, we've seen a talented actress bring this very fascinating and charming character to life. Thank you for your tireless dedication to your craft and the selfless giving of yourself to your fans.

We have all enjoyed watching both Sam and Jack grow and change over time and we think that their relationship has added an extra dimension to the show. It is wonderful to see two characters who love and respect each other so much (not to mention two amazing actors who have so much chemistry!). Their relationship is a breath of fresh air when most television romantic relationships are so badly done. In our humble opinion, we feel that Jack is the best man for Sam - and he is made better by Sam. They've seen each other at their best and at their worst. They have been through so much together. To us that definitely lays the foundation for something special.

We are thoroughly excited by your desire to stretch your acting legs and explore Sam's development, but we sincerely hope that at some point this exploration will take place in Jack's cabin. With Jack!

While we do love the romantic relationship between Sam and Jack, we also love the friendships and interaction between the entire team. We enjoy the team dynamic very much amongst all of the characters. We are not asking that the show be turned into the Sam and Jack show. We want the same brilliant "Stargate SG-1" that we've always had just with the additional natural, positive progression of the romantic feelings between our favorite couple.

Having said all that, we have enclosed a gift that is sure to bring out the shipper in you! We are sending you some of the best music videos from two of our "family" members, Caty and Lisa, which we feel demonstrates why Sam and Jack should be together. We hope you enjoy their labor of love as much as we have! We suggest watching the delightful "Remember When It Rained," "I Surrender," "Frozen," "Breathless," and "Miss Independent" from Caty (aka ShipDiva) and "Tell Him," "To Make You Feel My Love," and "Still Holding Out for You" from Lisa (aka Marimba). Their work is sure to melt your heart and make you laugh as you look back over the years at the evolving relationship of Samantha Carter and Jack O'Neill.

With warmest regards (and lots of Shipper hugs!),

~The Gateworld Sam/Jack Shipper Family~

Caty
                              Ship Nana
                              Gatetrixer
                              AbydosTraveller
                              madfrenchie
                              Isis
                              GoneShippin'
                              Marimba
                              ~bcmilco =)
                              Seven
                              mjj1993
                              LtLisa
                              Nikkirose
                              dipsofjazz
                              OzGirl
                              Meimei
                              Emilee108
                              waterfall
                              ShimmeringStar
                              majorsal
                              Token
                              DarkQuee1
                              mad_gater
                              Iluuuuuvjack
                              ChevronSevon
                              JSDT
                              Loki
                              Twisted Angel
                              stargate barbie
                              Ice^^Heat
                              TameFarrar
                              pittsburghgirl
                              Watters87
                              MadyS
                              Sam_o_Neill
                              sacme
                              Anakin
                              Bucky
                              RubySlippers
                              Sugarshaker
                              elhSG1
                              Getcarter
                              SG1happy
                              Elfinwood
                              Nickatell
                              Zabbugh
                              Jafacakes
                              Kiwigater
                              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                                A common theme we have in this thread is that we all think that you are an extremely talented actress and the show is better off for having you on it. You bring a depth and warmth to Sam Carter's character that enriches each episode. It is also wonderful to see such a strong and smart female character on television. Through Sam, we've explored other worlds, fought off Jaffa, created naquada reactors, and saved Earth from friend and foe alike. Through you, Amanda, we've seen a talented actress bring this very fascinating and charming character to life. Thank you for your dedication to your craft and giving of yourself to your fans.

One more minor tweak if it's alright?

"Thank you for your dedication to your craft and giving of yourself to your fans."

Thank you for your tireless dedication to your craft and the selfless giving of yourself to your fans.

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X