X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding the additional names as requested:

Dear Amanda,

The Shipper Family of Gateworld has collectively contributed to this letter in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and the character of Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently. All of us post on Gateworld Forum, and more specifically in the "Sam/Jack Shipper Discussion Thread" (please come by and visit some time, we'd love to have you!).

Our family is made up of fans from all over the globe, including The United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Republic of Ireland, The Netherlands, Scotland and France. We are definitely a family. Whether we're discussing the many "ups and downs" of Sam and Jack's relationship or the dramas of real life; we support, encourage, and sustain each other. As a family, we laugh and occasionally disagree, we rave then we rant, but most importantly love and respect one another. Thank you so much for being part of the reason we have developed this wonderful family!

A common theme we have in this thread is that we all think that you are an extremely talented actress and the show is better off for having you on it. You bring a depth and warmth to Sam Carter's character that enriches each episode. It is also wonderful to see such a strong and smart female character on television. Through Sam, we've explored other worlds, fought off Jaffa, created naquada reactors, and saved Earth from friend and foe alike. Through you, Amanda, we've seen a talented actress bring this very fascinating and charming character to life. Thank you for your dedication to your craft and giving of yourself to your fans.

We have all enjoyed watching both Sam and Jack grow and change over time and we think that their relationship has added an extra dimension to the show. It is wonderful to see two characters who love and respect each other so much (not to mention two amazing actors who have so much chemistry!). Their relationship is a breath of fresh air when most television romantic relationships are so badly done. In our humble opinion, we feel that Jack is the best man for Sam - and he is made better by Sam. They've seen each other at their best and at their worst. They have been through so much together. To us that definitely lays the foundation for something special.

We are thoroughly excited by your desire to stretch your acting legs and explore Sam's development, but we sincerely hope that at some point this exploration will take place in Jack's cabin. With Jack!

While we do love the romantic relationship between Sam and Jack, we also love the friendships and interaction between the entire team. We enjoy the team dynamic very much amongst all of the characters. We are not asking that the show be turned into the Sam and Jack show. We want the same brilliant "Stargate SG-1" that we've always had just with the additional natural, positive progression of the romantic feelings between our favorite couple.

Having said all that, we have enclosed a gift that is sure to bring out the shipper in you! We are sending you some of the best music videos from two of our "family" members, Caty and Lisa, which we feel demonstrates why Sam and Jack should be together. We hope you enjoy their labor of love as much as we have! We suggest watching the delightful "Remember When It Rained," "I Surrender," "Frozen," "Breathless," and "Miss Independent" from Caty (aka ShipDiva) and "Tell Him," "To Make You Feel My Love," and "Still Holding Out for You" from Lisa (aka Marimba). Their work is sure to melt your heart and make you laugh as you look back over the years at the evolving relationship of Samantha Carter and Jack O'Neill.

With warmest regards (and lots of Shipper hugs!),

~The Gateworld Sam/Jack Shipper Family~

Caty
    Ship Nana
    Gatetrixer
    AbydosTraveller
    madfrenchie
    Isis
    GoneShippin'
    Marimba
    ~bcmilco =)
    Seven
    mjj1993
    LtLisa
    Nikkirose
    dipsofjazz
    OzGirl
    Meimei
    Emilee108
    waterfall
    ShimmeringStar
    majorsal
    Token
    DarkQuee1
    mad_gater
    Iluuuuuvjack
    ChevronSevon
    JSDT
    Loki
    Twisted Angel
    stargate barbie
    Ice^^Heat
    TameFarrar
    pittsburghgirl
    Watters87
    MadyS
    Sam_o_Neill
    sacme
    Anakin
    Bucky
    RubySlippers
    Sugarshaker
    elhSG1
    Ship Nana

Comment

While I'm here Shipper Family, here is today's Official Ship Nana's Shipper Cookie Countdown until the start of Season 8

7 days; 10 hours; 19 minutes; 24 seconds
      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
        Adding the additional names as requested:

Dear Amanda,

The Shipper Family of Gateworld has collectively contributed to this letter in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and the character of Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently. All of us post on Gateworld Forum, and more specifically in the "Sam/Jack Shipper Discussion Thread" (please come by and visit some time, we'd love to have you!).

Our family is made up of fans from all over the globe, including The United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Republic of Ireland, The Netherlands, Scotland and France. We are definitely a family. Whether we're discussing the many "ups and downs" of Sam and Jack's relationship or the dramas of real life; we support, encourage, and sustain each other. As a family, we laugh and occasionally disagree, we rave then we rant, but most importantly love and respect one another. Thank you so much for being part of the reason we have developed this wonderful family!

A common theme we have in this thread is that we all think that you are an extremely talented actress and the show is better off for having you on it. You bring a depth and warmth to Sam Carter's character that enriches each episode. It is also wonderful to see such a strong and smart female character on television. Through Sam, we've explored other worlds, fought off Jaffa, created naquada reactors, and saved Earth from friend and foe alike. Through you, Amanda, we've seen a talented actress bring this very fascinating and charming character to life. Thank you for your dedication to your craft and giving of yourself to your fans.

We have all enjoyed watching both Sam and Jack grow and change over time and we think that their relationship has added an extra dimension to the show. It is wonderful to see two characters who love and respect each other so much (not to mention two amazing actors who have so much chemistry!). Their relationship is a breath of fresh air when most television romantic relationships are so badly done. In our humble opinion, we feel that Jack is the best man for Sam - and he is made better by Sam. They've seen each other at their best and at their worst. They have been through so much together. To us that definitely lays the foundation for something special.

We are thoroughly excited by your desire to stretch your acting legs and explore Sam's development, but we sincerely hope that at some point this exploration will take place in Jack's cabin. With Jack!

While we do love the romantic relationship between Sam and Jack, we also love the friendships and interaction between the entire team. We enjoy the team dynamic very much amongst all of the characters. We are not asking that the show be turned into the Sam and Jack show. We want the same brilliant "Stargate SG-1" that we've always had just with the additional natural, positive progression of the romantic feelings between our favorite couple.

Having said all that, we have enclosed a gift that is sure to bring out the shipper in you! We are sending you some of the best music videos from two of our "family" members, Caty and Lisa, which we feel demonstrates why Sam and Jack should be together. We hope you enjoy their labor of love as much as we have! We suggest watching the delightful "Remember When It Rained," "I Surrender," "Frozen," "Breathless," and "Miss Independent" from Caty (aka ShipDiva) and "Tell Him," "To Make You Feel My Love," and "Still Holding Out for You" from Lisa (aka Marimba). Their work is sure to melt your heart and make you laugh as you look back over the years at the evolving relationship of Samantha Carter and Jack O'Neill.

Caty
        Ship Nana
        Gatetrixer
        AbydosTraveller
        madfrenchie
        Isis
        GoneShippin'
        Marimba
        ~bcmilco =)
        Seven
        mjj1993
        LtLisa
        Nikkirose
        dipsofjazz
        OzGirl
        Meimei
        Emilee108
        waterfall
        ShimmeringStar
        majorsal
        Token
        DarkQuee1
        mad_gater
        Iluuuuuvjack
        ChevronSevon
        JSDT
        Loki
        Twisted Angel
        stargate barbie
        Ice^^Heat
        TameFarrar
        pittsburghgirl
        Watters87
        MadyS
        Sam_o_Neill
        sacme
        Anakin
        Bucky
        RubySlippers
        Sugarshaker
        elhSG1
        I believe we do have ourselves a winner here! All that remains to be done is for the rest o' them lurkers to get on this letter!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
          Everyone, please check the list and make sure that your name is on the list as with so many rewrites a name could have slipped off.

I'm posting this one last time to make sure we have everyone's name on the list who wants to be included.

ATTENTION ALL SHIPPER LURKERS:

We need to add as many names as possible to our letter. So if you are a lurker and don't post much or at all, but would like an opportunity to let Amanda Tapping know how you feel, please add your name on the list or just let us know that you want to be included and we will add your name. Also, let us know what country you live in so we can add that as well.

Go ahead, eat a Red Shipper Cookie and take the plunge and let us know you want to be included. I promise the water is great here.

Remember there is power in numbers.
          Oh, I missed these cookies...
          Please add my name to the letter, normaly I lurk everyday but haven't been able to get into the site or the forum for over a week, was it just me?

Comment

Forgot to say, Portuguese living in the UK at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
              I believe we do have ourselves a winner here! All that remains to be done is for the rest o' them lurkers to get on this letter!
              Getcarter, SG1happy, Elfinwood, and Nickatell were on the list, but they got dropped between versions.
              sigpic

Comment

This is a really nice letter and I will send the first CD on Monday..and My confession will be in there ..I watched it again today ..and yes it's a great video and song.....I will write a little pocket inside the CD for Amanda ..so that she doesn't miss it as well ...and that would be all they ( Sam and Jack) have to do next ...CONFESS.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                  They may not re-write the scripts, but maybe the director will block scenes with shippers in mind. What?!?......It could happen.

I agree.

Hey, Silent Family Members, sign your name. It won't hurt; I promise. Just give us one little post so we know your name. It's fun. Trust the loud, vocal, sweet, innocent, lovable, cookie-eating, beverage-drinking family members.
                  Hey! I am still getting caught up, geez a new thread even! If it is alright with everyone, could my name go on too? Consider me the distant cousin that drops by every once in a while! thanks! I also like the letter that has no mention of Pete. I agree, AT has probably had enough negativity about this.

Comment

Just checking something...great letter guys!
                    "Woo-hoo! Sorry, I got caught up in Teal'c's enthusiasm."--Jack, "Tangent"

Comment

My name seems to have disappeared, could you guys please put it back on thanks. Keep up the good work. I wish we could find a way to send this to TPTB as well, just to be sure. I was thinking we should also send something to MGM because as I recall they had the last say on Teal'c's hair, maybe not the same letter but something. Like you guys have said before once we have done this, we have done all that we can.

Comment

Adding the additional names as requested. Wow, look at the size of our family and we're still growing! Everyone check the list again and make sure your name is on it! Added Portugal as Jaffacakes is originally from there.

Dear Amanda,

Our family is made up of fans from all over the globe, including The United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Republic of Ireland, The Netherlands, Scotland, France and Portugal. We are definitely a family. Whether we're discussing the many "ups and downs" of Sam and Jack's relationship or the dramas of real life; we support, encourage, and sustain each other. As a family, we laugh and occasionally disagree, we rave then we rant, but most importantly love and respect one another. Thank you so much for being part of the reason we have developed this wonderful family!

Caty
                        Ship Nana
                        Gatetrixer
                        AbydosTraveller
                        madfrenchie
                        Isis
                        GoneShippin'
                        Marimba
                        ~bcmilco =)
                        Seven
                        mjj1993
                        LtLisa
                        Nikkirose
                        dipsofjazz
                        OzGirl
                        Meimei
                        Emilee108
                        waterfall
                        ShimmeringStar
                        majorsal
                        Token
                        DarkQuee1
                        mad_gater
                        Iluuuuuvjack
                        ChevronSevon
                        JSDT
                        Loki
                        Twisted Angel
                        stargate barbie
                        Ice^^Heat
                        TameFarrar
                        pittsburghgirl
                        Watters87
                        MadyS
                        Sam_o_Neill
                        sacme
                        Anakin
                        Bucky
                        RubySlippers
                        Sugarshaker
                        elhSG1
                        Getcarter
                        SG1happy
                        Elfinwood
                        Nickatell
                        Zabbugh
                        Jafacakes
                        Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by zabbugh
                          Hey! I am still getting caught up, geez a new thread even! If it is alright with everyone, could my name go on too? Consider me the distant cousin that drops by every once in a while! thanks! I also like the letter that has no mention of Pete. I agree, AT has probably had enough negativity about this.
                          Cousins are good!!! Cousin Zabbugh, how does that sound?
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                            This is a really nice letter and I will send the first CD on Monday..and My confession will be in there ..I watched it again today ..and yes it's a great video and song.....I will write a little pocket inside the CD for Amanda ..so that she doesn't miss it as well ...and that would be all they ( Sam and Jack) have to do next ...CONFESS.

Caty
                            Your including a copy of "The Letter" is that correct?
                            Ship Nana

Comment

Edited to say: Ship Nana, you're one step ahead of me.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                                Edited to say: Ship Nana, you're one step ahead of me.
                                I was just about to say, "great minds think alike" don't you think?!
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X