Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree with Auralan. It is very cluttered in here with the greetings and makes it very hard to keep up! I have lurked some but haven’t posted much in here lately and this thread was the first that I posted in oh so long ago!

I love the S/J relationship, as evidenced by my fan fics. I also would like a much clearer resolution, a few kisses and hugs, maybe something a little more… *giggle* Again, as evidence, I present all the NC17 J/S fics I’ve written!

Threads/Moebius S8
    Spoiler:
    I know that many were disappointed in Threads for not having a more concrete S/J ending but I read it as Sam and Jack being together. Even if Teal’c and Daniel were there, I wouldn’t imagine (well I would imagine, read my fics…) that Sam would go with him to the cabin even with chaperones if their relationship hadn’t been resolved. It’s just too intimate a setting.
    Spoiler:

That said, in my mind, the next to the last scene in Moebius part two convinced me of that. The scene where Jack refused to let Sam take the ZPM up to the eggheads. He said she had to pack and I firmly believe it was reference to going to the cabin. The ease and joviality of that scene, the grin Sam gave him, the way he took the ZPM out of her grasp, all indicated to me that their feelings for each other had been discussed and resolved. Unfortunately, we didn’t get to see it. I never expected the writers to give us as much as they did in Threads so this ending was sufficient for me.

I know there has been no definite information from RDA about his participation in S9 but with him not in Sam’s direct chain, hopefully we will get hints about their life together. If not, then I will just continue to use my imagination to keep them together and going, even if it is a long distance relationship!

I watch SG1 for the scifi stories. The S/J ship has just been an added bonus for me. Hopefully, that bonus will continue into season nine!

Comment

ahoy peoples!

just a quick fly by post...stil deciding whether or not to go for a bike ride or just eat some breakfast!

Its a public holiday here in Australia today..so no work for me! yaaay!

so how long do we have to wait for s9 to air?
      or when will we start hearing major details?
      oohhhh!!!!!!!.....i dont know if i can wait too long!

be happy!
      Lurve Bee
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

sig by RepliCartertje
      http://stargatesg1.com/QueenBee
      http://www.myspace.com/madame_minx

Comment

(((((((((((((((((MEIMEI)))))))))))))))))))

GOOD TO SEE YA!

I followed in your footsteps and wrote an NC17 fic a few weeks back...It's a Helio under the title 'In Between the sheets'

I watch SG1 primarly for the myths so
        Spoiler:
        with all the Arthurian stuff,
        there's still something there to keep me happy.

I've interpreted threads in the same way as you have...
        Spoiler:
        They ARE together!

I honestly think they would have shown us more if it wasn't for the air force...I think they decided to play it safe.
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
          I have to agree with Auralan. It is very cluttered in here with the greetings and makes it very hard to keep up! I have lurked some but haven’t posted much in here lately and this thread was the first that I posted in oh so long ago!

I love the S/J relationship, as evidenced by my fan fics. I also would like a much clearer resolution, a few kisses and hugs, maybe something a little more… *giggle* Again, as evidence, I present all the NC17 J/S fics I’ve written!

Threads/Moebius S8
          Spoiler:
          I know that many were disappointed in Threads for not having a more concrete S/J ending but I read it as Sam and Jack being together. Even if Teal’c and Daniel were there, I wouldn’t imagine (well I would imagine, read my fics…) that Sam would go with him to the cabin even with chaperones if their relationship hadn’t been resolved. It’s just too intimate a setting.
          Spoiler:

That said, in my mind, the next to the last scene in Moebius part two convinced me of that. The scene where Jack refused to let Sam take the ZPM up to the eggheads. He said she had to pack and I firmly believe it was reference to going to the cabin. The ease and joviality of that scene, the grin Sam gave him, the way he took the ZPM out of her grasp, all indicated to me that their feelings for each other had been discussed and resolved. Unfortunately, we didn’t get to see it. I never expected the writers to give us as much as they did in Threads so this ending was sufficient for me.

I know there has been no definite information from RDA about his participation in S9 but with him not in Sam’s direct chain, hopefully we will get hints about their life together. If not, then I will just continue to use my imagination to keep them together and going, even if it is a long distance relationship!

I watch SG1 for the scifi stories. The S/J ship has just been an added bonus for me. Hopefully, that bonus will continue into season nine!

Meimei ...I understood Threads exactly like you.....specially at the
          Spoiler:
          ZPM scene when he carried the box for her ...he was kind of smiling and he slightly looked down at Sam ....I also think that it was the cabin sleep over ....so Sam packed her little bag and went to spend the week end with Jack ....Daniel and Teal'c turned up on Sunday ...but Sam and Jack had Saturday together ..It does not mean that they slept together specially if he was still General ..but at least they may have enjoyed each other's company as a bit more than friends without being against the rules ..After all they are allowed that ..spending time together ...and who knows!!!

Now I talked to a friend who is a casual viewer ..he doe not go on line to forums ...he just follows the show every week and he is a S/J shipper ...well today he told me ..he was very happy
          Spoiler:
          that Jack is retiring from the military to marry Carter
          That was his exact words ...so he perceived it like that .
          So what we are believing I reckon is so true .....Sam and Jack will
          Spoiler:
          be in Washington DC together and eventually will get married ..I even think they 'll get married before the end of the show because it has always been hinted at with the AU characters ...so here we go ..It's all good ..All we need now is to see a bit of RST on screen

Caty

Comment

As I've said before...we don't even need RDA
            Spoiler:
            to show up for a wedding...Sam can come back with either a nice big rock or a band on her finger!

Well I gotta go to bed now!

Expect my Children of the God's Fiver parody to be up tomorrow!

Night Night Shippers!
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              Y'know something...

...looking back at the last four or five pages of posts, I think it's great that so many shippers with different point of views can come here and air their opinions and get along (most of the time)!

We've got Marimba and Auralan who love to discuss episodes and raise a lot of questions.

We've got Shimmering Star, Rogue and Bren - masters of captions

and Caty - video maker extraodinaire

and everything in between! That's why I love coming here!
              I agree with everything you've said. It's great to see everyone is coming back

I've just spent 2 hours catching up with this thread and there was many interesting posts about Threads, why people loved it or not.
              It's great to read everyone's opinion even if I don't agree with all of them cause it makes me see things from a different point of view and then I sometimes see things I didn't catch when I first saw the episode.
              I enjoyed Threads
              Spoiler:
              for what it was : a way to come to terms with S&J 'problem'. Of course, as a shipper, I would have loved to see a lot more (Sam and Jack talking, their first kiss... *sigh*). But Jack's "Always" mean so much more than just this word. And Sam accepting to go fishing with Jack, well we all know what it really means
              IMO they had THE talk between the scene where Sam dumped Pete (thank God, he's FINALLY gone !) and the scene when Daniel comes back in Jack's office. Cause when they're looking at each other in this scene, guessing what the other is thinking, they seem to be happy and serene.
              And I'm sure they had some time alone before Daniel and Teal'c get to Jack's cabin

Well that was my 2 cents in this discussion
              Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                Spoiler:
                ZPM scene when he carried the box for her ...he was kind of smiling and he slightly looked down at Sam ....I also think that it was the cabin sleep over ....so Sam packed her little bag and went to spend the week end with Jack ....Daniel and Teal'c turned up on Sunday ...but Sam and Jack had Saturday together ..It does not mean that they slept together specially if he was still General ..but at least they may have enjoyed each other's company as a bit more than friends without being against the rules ..After all they are allowed that ..spending time together ...and who knows!!!

Caty
                Spoiler:
                I think that his "You have some packing to do" insinuated that she was the only one going with him. At least for a little while. He completely disregarded the guys as they let the room, no hint of "oh guys, don't forget about the fishing trip!" as they exited. "YOU have some packing to do" seemed to me as they were finally getting away to spend some *quality time* together

"doooo doooo do di do do dooooo , do di doooo doooo do di doooo doooo do doooo do di doooo"
                -Stargate Theme

Comment

Originally posted by meimei

Threads/Moebius S8
                  Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:

Threads/Moebius spoilers:
                  Spoiler:

I'm happy with the episodes as well. Seeing something a little more solid would have been nice, but what we got was more than I really expected. It's very clear their relationship has changed. How exactly is up for debate, but the comfort level increased and the old lines definitely aren't where they were. I agree Sam never would have gone up to the cabin, even with the others, previously. It's too far over the old lines -- and boy are they over the old lines.

Season 9 spec.
                  Spoiler:
                  I do think we'll hear more about how the ship progresses next season. TPTB have said, wether RDA returns or not, we will hear more about Jack. Amanda's interview said the Sam/Jack ending left them somewhere to go. I really like the sound of going somewhere. At this point, I'm not worried about ship. All the new characters coming, that has me a little concerned. It's a little too X-files without Mulder and that ... wasn't so good.
                  *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by Elkeli
                    Spoiler:
                    I think that his "You have some packing to do" insinuated that she was the only one going with him. At least for a little while. He completely disregarded the guys as they let the room, no hint of "oh guys, don't forget about the fishing trip!" as they exited. "YOU have some packing to do" seemed to me as they were finally getting away to spend some *quality time* together
                    That interpretation works for me!
                    *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                      Spoiler:

Now I talked to a friend who is a casual viewer ..he doe not go on line to forums ...he just follows the show every week and he is a S/J shipper ...well today he told me ..he was very happy
                      Spoiler:
                      that Jack is retiring from the military to marry Carter
                      That was his exact words ...so he perceived it like that .
                      So what we are believing I reckon is so true .....Sam and Jack will
                      Spoiler:
                      be in Washington DC together and eventually will get married ..I even think they 'll get married before the end of the show because it has always been hinted at with the AU characters ...so here we go ..It's all good ..All we need now is to see a bit of RST on screen

Caty
                      I totally agree Caty, and my anti-shipper friend thought
                      Spoiler:
                      that Sam and Jack were clearly together, and thought they did it in an awesome way, and he was HAPPY about there being ship, not that it was resolved!
                      and he's definately anti-shipper!

Caty, I love you soooooooo much! Not only do your wedding snaps, videos and pictures rule! You got me my 6th Radioactive Glowy block!!!!!!!
                      (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Caty))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))

--Tan

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                        I agree with everything you've said. It's great to see everyone is coming back

I've just spent 2 hours catching up with this thread and there was many interesting posts about Threads, why people loved it or not.
                        It's great to read everyone's opinion even if I don't agree with all of them cause it makes me see things from a different point of view and then I sometimes see things I didn't catch when I first saw the episode.
                        I enjoyed Threads
                        Spoiler:
                        for what it was : a way to come to terms with S&J 'problem'. Of course, as a shipper, I would have loved to see a lot more (Sam and Jack talking, their first kiss... *sigh*). But Jack's "Always" mean so much more than just this word. And Sam accepting to go fishing with Jack, well we all know what it really means
                        IMO they had THE talk between the scene where Sam dumped Pete (thank God, he's FINALLY gone !) and the scene when Daniel comes back in Jack's office. Cause when they're looking at each other in this scene, guessing what the other is thinking, they seem to be happy and serene.
                        And I'm sure they had some time alone before Daniel and Teal'c get to Jack's cabin

Well that was my 2 cents in this discussion

Oh yeah florence the
                        Spoiler:
                        look Sam gave Jack at the briefing room just before Daniel came back was just the look of love ....She seemed so relaxed ....I wonder what they talked about and what they did to each other ....but it worked ..because the tension was all gone from that point ...well it started at the infirmary but they still needed that talk .By the briefing room scene the talk had happened and we could feel it , no awardness anymore ....it was so nice to see that .*sigh* At last

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                          Threads/Moebius spoilers:
                          Spoiler:
                          Amanda's interview said the Sam/Jack ending left them somewhere to go. I really like the sound of going somewhere. At this point, I'm not worried about ship. All the new characters coming, that has me a little concerned. It's a little too X-files without Mulder and that ... wasn't so good.
                          I hope I did the spoilers thing right above. Is there a link to Amanda's interview? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by trudy
                            I hope I did the spoilers thing right above. Is there a link to Amanda's interview? Thanks.
                            Hi Trudy. You'll find the interview here.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                              Hi Trudy. You'll find the interview here.
                              My lord it is good to see you *bows* awww come here ((((((((((((((BEV))))))))))))))))) jamies in love jamies in love jamies in love *dances shippy dance* who will join me for a celebratory drink
                              And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

Just wanted to share the black & White one with a bit more light on Jack's face

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/TROPIC6.jpg

Enjoy

It's my new Avatar too

Caty
                                Last edited by Catysg1; 23 March 2005, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X