Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DI!!!

Sally
    Thanks Sally!

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
      Thank you!!
      I heard black cohash and or soy can really help, and my doc actually had the nerve to suggest cutting back on alcohol....he had to jump back out of arm's reach. Ok, back on topic, how about when our girl Sam ages...and she WILL age, we all do....who's going to best be able to handle her....um..."hotflash enhanced" mood shifts? Strong, sexy, humorous Jack or sneaky, stalker ? Sam, Sam, ya gotta think LONG TERM here
      Di

ROFL!!!!
      I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
        Dear Amanda,

The entire Shipper Family of Gateworld has collectively contributed to this letter in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and the character of Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently. Each of us posts on Gateworld’s Forum, and more specifically in the Sam/Jack Shipper Discussion Thread (please come by and visit some time, we'd love to have you!).

Our family is made up of fans from all over the globe, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, the Republic of Ireland, the Netherlands, Scotland (please add your country here). We are definitely a family. Whether we’re discussing the many "ups and downs" of Sam and Jack’s relationship or the dramas of real life; we support, encourage, and sustain each other. As a family, we laugh and occasionally disagree, we rave then we rant, but most importantly love and respect one another. Thank you so much for being part of the reason we have developed this wonderful family!

One common theme we have in this thread is that we all think that you are an extremely talented actress and the show is better off for having you on it. You bring a depth and warmth to Sam Carter’s character that enriches each episode. It is also wonderful to see such a strong female character on television.

We have all enjoyed watching both Sam and Jack grow and change over time and we think that their deepening relationship has added an extra depth and dimension to the show. It is wonderful to see two characters who love and respect each other so much. A breath of fresh air when most television love stories are so badly done. We think that Jack is just a much better man for Sam. They've seen each other at their best and at their worst. They have been through so much together. To us, that definitely lays the foundation for something special.

We have all enjoyed watching both Sam and Jack grow and change and we think that their relationship has added an extra depth and dimension to the show. It is wonderful to see two characters who love and respect each other so much (not to mention two amazing actors who have so much chemistry!). It’s a breath of fresh air when most television love stories are so badly done. In our humble opinion, we feel that Jack is just a much better man for Sam -and is made better by Sam. They've seen each other at their best and at their worst. They have been through so much together. To us that definitely lays the foundation for something special.

If you visit our Thread you might notice posts with a slight aversion to the idea of Sam’s involvement with Pete Shanahan. (Please don’t stop reading here!). While we understand, support, and are thoroughly excited by your desire to stretch your acting legs and to explore Sam's development in other areas, we simply feel (rather strongly) that Pete, as we saw him on TV, took away from and weakened the character of Sam with his actions and that Sam's exploration would be better served taking place in Jack's cabin. With Jack.

Please understand that we do not dislike David DeLuise (he’s sounds like a great guy, fun to work with, and some of us even have a great fondness for the actor!), but many of us were disturbed by how Sam came off to viewers by the end of Chimera. We've always admired Sam for her independence, her strength, her intelligence, her commitment to the program and to her teammates, and the fact that she still manages to keep a softer side and can express her feelings when she sees fit. In the relationship with Pete, some of those qualities for Sam felt diminished or suppressed. In fact, we've spent many hours trying to rationalize behavior we find to be "out of character" --and we've come up with what we think are some pretty logical conclusions-- but we enjoyed the character of Sam more when we felt we could relate and/or understand her actions and reactions. We’ve just had a hard time reconciling Sam’s reaction towards Pete walking out on her and interrupting the stakeout with how we have come to expect Sam to act.

Having said all that, we are enclosing for you some of the best music videos on compact discs which we feel demonstrates why Sam and Jack should be together. These were produced by two of our "family" members, Caty and Lisa. We hope you enjoy their labor of love as much as we have! We suggest you delight in watching "Remember When It Rained", "My Confession", "Frozen", "Breathless", and "Miss Independant" from Caty, aka ShipDiva, and "Tell Him", "To Make You Feel My Love", and "Still Holding Out for You" by Lisa, aka Marimba. We hope you enjoy them as much as we have!

~The Gateworld Sam/Jack Shipper Family~
        Caty
        Ship Nana
        Gatetrixer
        AbydosTraveller
        madfrenchie
        isis
        GoneShippin'
        Marimba
        bcmilco
        Seven
        mjj1993
        LtLisa
        Nikkirose
        Token
        DarkQuee1
        mad_gater
        iluuuuuvjack
        ChevronSeven
        JSDT
        Loki
        stargate barbie
        Ice^^Heat
        Twisted Angel
        pittsburghgirl
        Watters87
        MadyS
        dipsofjazz
        OzGirl
        ShimmeringStar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        OK.... please hack/edit away... I tried to incorporate Sal's suggestions w/some of my own.....
        By George, I think we've got it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
          Okay, I think that's it. I just wanted to reassure everyone that I wouldn't go all psycho and flip out about Pete.
          Oh, we never thought you'd do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
            You know I have to say that if a man had to have hot flashes there would be an effective pill for it by now!!!!!

Amen sister!

Comment

Originally posted by Token

Happy Birthday, Di!!
              Maybe we should hoist one together...
              I hate to drink alone. <g>

LOLOLOL!!!ROTFLMAO!!! OK, you all know me a little too well!!! Because, hey, when I'm drinking while on the thread, I've never really alone, right?

Thanks (((((((Token and rest of my shipper family))))))) for all of your birthday wishes. I'm FEELIN the love!
              Di

Comment

I have a question and I confess, I know nothing about this, does sending the videos get anyone in trouble with copyright infringement? I'd hate to have a really nice idea end up with a few people getting some really big fines.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                  ...and a man. No offense guys but most male doctors have no clue when it comes to hormone issues!
                  amen to that!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                    Count me in with my alcoholic chocolate milkshake!
                    yum!!! try chocolate martinis next time you are at a good bar!
                    Di

Comment

[snip]
                      ~The Gateworld Sam/Jack Shipper Family~
                      Caty
                      Ship Nana
                      Gatetrixer
                      AbydosTraveller
                      madfrenchie
                      isis
                      GoneShippin'
                      Marimba
                      bcmilco
                      Seven
                      mjj1993
                      LtLisa
                      Nikkirose
                      Token
                      DarkQuee1
                      mad_gater
                      iluuuuuvjack
                      ChevronSeven
                      JSDT
                      Loki
                      stargate barbie
                      Ice^^Heat
                      Twisted Angel
                      pittsburghgirl
                      Watters87
                      MadyS
                      dipsofjazz
                      OzGirl
                      ShimmeringStar
                      Tamefarrar
                      ~~~~~~~~~
                      Just quoted this part to add Tame!
                      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

FCOL....would someone add my name to the letter

great job you guys!!!!!!

edited because Marimba...added me ...don't mind the crazy shipper in the background
                        Last edited by TameFarrar; 30 June 2004, 07:49 PM. Reason: to say Never mind
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Amanda do you realize how much you are loved? More then life its self!!!!. All I can think of is that song that Don Williams sang back in the late 70's early 80's (Amanda light of my life) Will I think that is what the fans think of you as. You are the light of Stargates life. In my opinion whom ever you end with will be fine with me, but could they please put closeure on Jack if you can? I know alot of people what you and Jack to be together, but what do you what? You did say you whated a boy freind that would not die, does that mean you what somebody else other then Jack to be with and at the end of Stargate? Just a tought.

Comment

WHHHHAAAAAAA!!!!!! sniff,sniff
                            3 days in real life and I'm forgotten already.
                            (waterfall is in shock,cause she thought she was unforgetable)
                            Please add my name to your letter.Thanx!!!

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by mjj1993
                              I have a question and I confess, I know nothing about this, does sending the videos get anyone in trouble with copyright infringement? I'd hate to have a really nice idea end up with a few people getting some really big fines.
                              Ya know, I've gotta wonder about that myself!
                              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

I would be okay leaving Pete out entirely, but I will also defer to the majority. Majority, what do you want? Let your voices be heard. Pete or no Pete?
                                OK, let's not forget we are trying to SELL AT and TPTB on a shippy resolution for Jack and Sam. In sales you actually HAVE to contrast and compare your product with the competition. The trick is to do it in a positive manner; not by bashing the other guy's products, but by really emphasizing HOW MUCH BETTER YOUR PRODUCT can benefit the buyer. I actually think we collectively have done an excellent job of juxtaposing (word of the day!) the features and benefits of Jack and Pete with regards to a relationship with Sam. The letter is respectful and positive, yet clearly points out our desire for change. That's what sales is about, getting people to change something, whether it's buying a certain style of car, asking an account to purchase a different financial services package or asking TPTB to write a positive resolution for Sam and Jack. Bottom line, if we never outright ask for it, how badly do we really want it?

I vote to keep the Pete comments in, as long as they are respectfully handled.

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X