This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1
    Suekay ..I'm so glad you posted that ..I knew what you thought but not the others so much ..and you have analysed this very well ..

I asked my hubby what he thought of the end of Moebius 2 ..and what it meant for him ??!!!...he said like you
    Spoiler:
    chaos theory ...and that it was the real SG1 team back ..I do believe so myself ..with still a little something extra ..but that's all ..I think they gained something by doing so ... like The lake gained the fish .. or the fish gained the lake ..!!!!but there are so many things we could say ..that's why it's a twist so that we think and talk about it until june ....until season 9 premiere ...if we are still watching it of course !!!!!

Caty
    How very interesting... I was just doing some random reading on Chaos Theory last night, and I think you are both dead on. Sorry I'm not up to more in depth analysis tonight... the five hours of commuting back and forth to work today have melted my brain.

Basically... Works for me!

I am soo easy to please!
    Love and hot fudge,
    Bren Ren
    ~
    My stories!
    ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      I was very frustrated with X-Files and that's why I'm so leery now. I've gotten my shippy hopes up before only to have them squashed....

That being said, the writers of the other shows never really gave much hint they would take the characters into a ship anyway. Most of that ship was simply perceived by fans and never truly acknowledged by TPTB...

The difference here is that I feel the actors/writers/producers/PTB also see it and are looking for ways to express said ship while getting the USAF stamp of approval which is a tough tap dance to do...

I have very high hopes for Season 9 (heck, I have high hopes for everything after Citizen Joe (since that's what I've just seen)) so let the ship sail on. I'm definitely onboard!
      My sentiments exactly! In fact, that (along with RDA and the chemestry between Sam & Jack) is a BIG reason I've followed SG1 so faithfully from the very very beginning. I was an x-phile lurker, and I was quite wary of following another ship with such intensity.

What I saw on Stargate was a whole different world, though. TPTB here planned ship from day one. Look at the moment Sam & Jack meet. They have continued to make the Ship a vital and consistent plot-point through the entire run of the show. In fact, I think the only other storyline with such consistency has been Teal'c and the Jaffa rebellion plot.

Just in case... Season 8 Spoilers!
      Spoiler:
      But most important, they've paid attention to the fans. They have listened, and they have done everything they can to appease us all. They even made an attempt to pay some tribute to us fanatical fans with the story in Citizen Joe... Run and read Alli's review of that ep for more of what I'm talking about there.

Spoiler:
      Considering some of the things I've seen happen to tv ships through the years, I truly believe that the relationship between Sam & Jack is one of the best developed romances in tv history, particularly for a sci fi show. And in my humble little opinion, they even beat out Mulder & Scully. I didn't think that was possible, but with the way the last half of season eight has played out, they get my heart-felt seal of Shipper Approval!

So much for being incapable of in depth thinking! And now... my brain has most definitely melted!
      Love and hot fudge,
      Bren Ren
      ~
      My stories!
      ~

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8's threads and moebius

Spoiler:
        does anyone feel worried that the events in threads have been messed with at all because of the events in moebius? if so, your worries are over. i asked a BIG someone in the know if the events in threads still stands after moebius. i even asked specifically if pete was still gone, kerry was still gone, and if jabob was still dead. the answer: YEP, all intact.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

Spoiler:
          does anyone feel worried that the events in threads have been messed with at all because of the events in moebius? if so, your worries are over. i asked a BIG someone in the know if the events in threads still stands after moebius. i even asked specifically if pete was still gone, kerry was still gone, and if jabob was still dead. the answer: YEP, all intact.

sally
          WOW that is a good thing. Because the more I thought about M2, the more I worried about everything.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            Okay...detailed synopsis of Moebius [spoil]

1. Okay...all of this stuff was

<snipped post for size>

And that Ladies and Gentleshippers,is why I liked Moebius.

Whew! I think that's my longest-ever post.

i think i'll like moebius too, suekay, because
            Spoiler:
            i've come to terms with my disappointment, which stemmed from expectations created by MYSELF.

after reading everyone's views on the s/j list, and this forum and another, and thinking through things... i'm happy again. i knew sam and jack couldn't show big time shippiness together because they're still serving together. that's the only reason why i thought the 'stuck in ancient egypt' scenario gave the writers the chance to show the real sam and jack together, but they could still erase it at the end because of time travel. but the writers chose not to highlight what happened with the real sg1 (which in some ways i'm grateful for, because i DON'T want to see them DIE ). i'm also thinking the writers were thinking they were giving the shippers a gift by showing the alt sam/jack ship. and boy did they show it! i've come to terms with things, and i'm *very* excited by what might happen with season 9.

(((shipper family, and that includes you, suekay)))

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ruff
              Give them kind regards from me too, will you ...
              1 1/2 days away and I'm 60 pages behind! OUCH!

Well Sir Ruff, I fear if I gave them your kind regards, I might get thrown out! I really don't want to do that. :

Toni

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                LOL thanks!!!

That looks so funny!
                Don't know why, but I'm laughing my ass off right now...hahaha....it looks a bit like guinea pig poo, or something like that. ROFL
                And then this silver foil...like little spacesuits...
                ROFLMAO:
                Guinea pig poo in spacesuits...hahahahaaaa

Sorry!
                I'm sure it's yummy...it's just...it looks so funny on the pic.

But now back to Sam and Jack!!!! Woohooo
                I know this was loads of pages ago, but that needs replying too! (insert angry face)

Guinea pig poo! That is blasphemy against chocolate! I will report you to my Lord and she will make you suffer!
                Last edited by Oma-1; 25 February 2005, 11:03 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

sally
                  THAT is good to know (((Aunt Sally))))) and just a side note....having a *glitch* in one of my programs...I WILL get your request done ASAP.......or as soon as I fix this FRELLING thing gggrrrr
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
                    hey people!! Thanks for all the rep points- I am now officially 13 points away from ebing a God(if my sources are correct) lol. Um, feeling a bit lost
                    Spoiler:
                    at teh thought of no RDA, I miss him already! lol
                    is 'ebing' the same as being? is it the electric type of being?

*runs off*

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

sally
                      Phew! I hoped that, but its great to get absolute, irrefutable proof!

(((((((((((((Thanks MajorSal)))))))))))))
                      sigpic

Comment

HI...
                        first post here, so am a newbie but I've been lurking in some threads since last year... came here to get new episode spoiler but get hooked with the shipper family. You guys rocks !
                        sigpic
                        sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE
                          HI...
                          first post here, so am a newbie but I've been lurking in some threads since last year... came here to get new episode spoiler but get hooked with the shipper family. You guys rocks !
                          Welcome L-Jade!

Newbies always welcome - as you've probably read before since you've been lurking! It's always good to welcome new views. Congrats on de-cloaking!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            The off-topic issue is more about having 10-20 posts that Say ....*Good morning so and so....how are you today?*....and the next post is *Oh I am fine whats new with you*..... THAT is the type of *Conversational* OT that ALOT of people are tired of having to scroll thru

The Internet has many options for conversations...There is *Instant Message* *Private Message* and for those that can't use either of those for *Chatting* purposes Caty set up the Chatter Thread

I have to agree, Tame. Recently, I've scrolled through PAGES and pages of pointless OT posts mentioning the fact "Hi, morning/night - how are you?" and then the response deliverse a simple answer and then the EXACT same response back. I'm sorry but I'm not posting AS much as I have before and I DON'T want to find myself reading through loads and loads of pointless posts, I don't have the time nor patience simply!

Stick to the PURPORSE of this thread, not to drive the topic in other directions. I feel since 'Threads' aired, it's been swading back and forwards the these other OT posts haven't helped.

By all means, post at will, but don't post SHORT POINTLESS ANNOYING MESSAGES! It doesn't just swade discussion to something OT but it also drives new shippers away, they may not want to deal with OT -- they'll go to OT for that. It gets annoying after the same thing is repeated day in, day out.
                            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
                              My sentiments exactly! In fact, that (along with RDA and the chemestry between Sam & Jack) is a BIG reason I've followed SG1 so faithfully from the very very beginning. I was an x-phile lurker, and I was quite wary of following another ship with such intensity.

What I saw on Stargate was a whole different world, though. TPTB here planned ship from day one. Look at the moment Sam & Jack meet. They have continued to make the Ship a vital and consistent plot-point through the entire run of the show. In fact, I think the only other storyline with such consistency has been Teal'c and the Jaffa rebellion plot.

Just in case... Season 8 Spoilers!
                              Spoiler:
                              But most important, they've paid attention to the fans. They have listened, and they have done everything they can to appease us all. They even made an attempt to pay some tribute to us fanatical fans with the story in Citizen Joe... Run and read Alli's review of that ep for more of what I'm talking about there.

Spoiler:
                              Considering some of the things I've seen happen to tv ships through the years, I truly believe that the relationship between Sam & Jack is one of the best developed romances in tv history, particularly for a sci fi show. And in my humble little opinion, they even beat out Mulder & Scully. I didn't think that was possible, but with the way the last half of season eight has played out, they get my heart-felt seal of Shipper Approval!

So much for being incapable of in depth thinking! And now... my brain has most definitely melted!

I don't think they beat Mulder and Scully and far from it ..the ship in the x-files was consistant ,...I mean in every episode ..you didn't have to dig for it ..and saying that ,it was still sublte ..it was pure beautiful ..and I think Chris carter was more sympathetic to the shippers than Stargate TPTB .
                              They let Mulder and Scully touched a lot more than Sam and Jack ( Not talking about the regs all the time) because they used the opportunies ( Big opportunities) that Stargate TPTB missed ...At least with the x-files , Tptb was concentrating on the shippers ..and gave us plenty ..The truth was pouring with ship ..we had at least 3 or 4 great ship scenes in the extended episode .
                              I love Stargate too but they really did miss the opportunities and that's only because they want to please everybody ..but as Love is concerned , you can't do that ...specially when it's canon from the start like the x-files was too .
                              I hope we'll see Sam and Jack as a couple in season 9 ...I really do ..and not just know they are off screen .
                              If they want to pleae the other fans , they can do it with action episodes..plenty of special effects with big battles ..and still put Sam and Jack in there for some good taste RST

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                                I have to agree, Tame. Recently, I've scrolled through PAGES and pages of pointless OT posts mentioning the fact "Hi, morning/night - how are you?" and then the response deliverse a simple answer and then the EXACT same response back. I'm sorry but I'm not posting AS much as I have before and I DON'T want to find myself reading through loads and loads of pointless posts, I don't have the time nor patience simply!

Stick to the PURPORSE of this thread, not to drive the topic in other directions. I feel since 'Threads' aired, it's been swading back and forwards the these other OT posts haven't helped.

By all means, post at will, but don't post SHORT POINTLESS ANNOYING MESSAGES! It doesn't just swade discussion to something OT but it also drives new shippers away, they may not want to deal with OT -- they'll go to OT for that. It gets annoying after the same thing is repeated day in, day out.

Yes and I did post in the family chatter thread for chit chat ...I posted in there last night ..regarding OT subjects ..and it should be on page 1 still .

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X