X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MALA

Meanwhile I'm on pins and needles waiting for the new season to begin. This extra long wait is driving me nuts. This is the only show that I count the days until the new season. Other t.v. shows I don't really care how long the season breaks are. This is going to be the longest 2 plus weeks of my life. Which sounds kind of pathetic. But whilst other people are taking vacations and spending their days doing all sorts of fun outdoor activities I'm in summer session at school. Whoever thought to cram 3 months worth of college into a 6 weeks session is either a genius or a masochist. Or both. But I am going kayaking this weekend. Woo hoo. I'm all studied out and I need a break. My head is so full of medical terminology that it's going to bust.

As for the ship this season I'll take a wait and see stance. It's not like the actos or TPTB would come right out in an interview and say "by the way this is the season that Sam/Jack will be resolved". But I think 8 years is long enough.
    8 years is DEFINITELY long enough. My poor heart can't stand any longer.

I totally feel for you about the school situation. I just completed a session of summer school which lasted for 5 weeks. And the person who thought of it...definately a masochist.

As for counting down...let's see...2 weeks, 4 hours, 20 minutes, and 15, no wait, 14 seconds.
    Tasha
    JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
      //Or they'll be sniping at each other (frustration ya know ) and Maybourne will say what we all (well at least me) want to say to them..."Get a room already!" //

Tasha, that would be GREAT!!!!

Marimba, Felger has a DOLL of Sam? really or joking? (I haven't seen The Other Guys (the only episode I've never seen) and haven't seen Avenger in a looong time)

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!
      Thanks, Lisa! I just think Maybourne's a shipper too. Hey, everyone's a shipper! He obviously knows that Jack cares for Sam due to his reaction in Desperate Measures. I mean really, it was soooo obvious.

And, yes, in Avenger when Sam goes to Felger's apartment to tell him his project was going to happen, Felger had Barbie dolls of SG-1. At least it looked like the whole team.
      Tasha
      JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

So, has anybody read the "As the Stargate Turns" article posted by Morjana in the Stargate Features forum? It's another one of those ambiguous articles where you're not sure if it bodes well or ill. At least that's the way I see it. It sounds kind of like the actors and TPTB are kind of fed up with the whole ship thing. They said they're not setting up any obvious chemistry between any of the Atlantis characters because of the huge division between ship and anti-shippers on Stargate. And AT most of all sounds like she's sick of it. But I don't really blame her because from everything I've read it sounds like she's borne most of the flac for Pete.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
          I watched the re-runs too, in fact I was really disapointed to learn that they cancled the show after three seasons they had just introduced Batgirl and I was all for Batman and Batgirl figuring out who each other were and getting together.
          hee hee
          You weren't the only one!
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            <snip>
            Link to article on SciFi Wire: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m...6/23/12.00.sfc
            <snip>
            Sally
            His comments in the SciFiWire article appears to be one of the better demonstrations of fence-riding if I ever saw one. Everyone can read anything they want in it. They may do away w/ S/J ship; then again maybe they won't.....

I'll be an optimistic pessimist, no, make that a slightly pessimistic optimist, and will throw MHO out there......... which is that they'll likely continue to titillate, tantalize & tease us Shippers again in S8.

And <shrugs shoulders> guess I'll have to be a realistic little shiplet & hope for (& accept) all the UST & looks they'll give me in S8 between S/J. <ducks & covers head, waiting for the stale cookie crumbs to come flying this way>

Realistically, tho.....it would at least keep the S/J ship going instead of eliminating it entirely & hopefully would rid us & SG of .
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Happy Birthday, Mala!!!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                Happy Birthday, Mala!!!!
                Token, that's not very nice, eating Mala's Birthday Cake like that. Now go out and get her another one!!!
                Ship Nana

Comment

So, has anybody read the "As the Stargate Turns" article posted by Morjana in the Stargate Features forum? It's another one of those ambiguous articles where you're not sure if it bodes well or ill. At least that's the way I see it. It sounds kind of like the actors and TPTB are kind of fed up with the whole ship thing. They said they're not setting up any obvious chemistry between any of the Atlantis characters because of the huge division between ship and anti-shippers on Stargate. And AT most of all sounds like she's sick of it. But I don't really blame her because from everything I've read it sounds like she's borne most of the flac for Pete.
                  I just went & read the article after reading your post. I agree with you on all points. They are all riding the proverbial fence. Just hope noone gets any splinters. Could be painful! And since they don't want to lose anyone in S8, in this preseason publicity they're trying to please everyone by downplaying the S/J ship, but then saying, hey, remember Sam still really likes Jack *wink*wink*.

<we're going to get whiplash.......they're going to get splinters! ouch on either count!>
                  Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 25 June 2004, 02:37 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                    Token, that's not very nice, eating Mala's Birthday Cake like that. Now go out and get her another one!!!
                    BURP!
                    <demurely covers mouth>

Actually Nana, that was the second cake! We're still trying to get the 3rd one cooled down enough to frost it, but it's tough to keep our fingers out of the frosting!

Happy Birthday Mala!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      <snip>
                      ps - The Jack and Daniel cuteness theory. When I'd first saw Star Wars all those million of years ago, I'd wanted Luke. But, as months went by, I started leaning towards Han. Luke is cute, but Han was handsome. And that's the way I see Jack and Daniel. Daniel is cute, but Jack's handsome. Now, in honesty, since MS has beefed up and shortened his hair, I'm seeing more handsome than cute; still think my theory works, though.<g> Jack's Han Solo. Daniel's Luke Skywalker. Sam's Princess Leia. Teal'c is... Chubaka (sp?).
                      Yep, me too. As an early teen when SW came out, Luke was the man. (that blond boyishness?) But then, yeah, by #2 & 3, Han was THE man (dashing, charming rogue?).

LOL , where would that place the rest? Apophis = Darth Vader? (Oh darn...... now I can't visualize anybody else because the spoof 'Spaceballs' keeps coming to mind!!)

Comment

Just read it. Let the rant begin...........

In fact, the strong feelings of the 'shippers have had an effect on the development of the "Stargate: SG-1" spin-off, "Stargate: Atlantis," which premieres next week and will, after its two-hour premiere, share Friday nights with its predecessor.

"We're not going to set up obvious chemistry between our core characters on 'Atlantis,' " says executive producer Brad Wright, who works on both shows. "Especially when 'Stargate' was so divided between 'shippers and non-'shippers, and I didn't even know what that meant until long after we were doing it."
                        The chemistry between AT and RDA was NATURAL chemistry between people. TPTB decided to act on the NATURAL chemistry between the actors and produce the "feelings" Sam and Jack have. To create a show with the intention of having no chemistry is absurd! I was looking forward to Atlantis, and I will still watch the premier, but if there is no NATURAL actor/team chemistry then I will lose interest quickly. I, as a fan, have to care what happens to the characters or why watch. ( I think I can understand why Jessica Steen was possibly replaced because she probably had too much chemistry with another actor or that she was too pretty and therefore someone would ultimately fall for her. ) For TPTB to think there won't be fans that will pair up the characters is also ridiculous (shall I even mention the Jack/Thor pairing).

Anderson says, "Ultimately, what's kept it together over the years has been, in great part-- aside from the stories that we're able to tell, the great imaginations of everyone involved -- is the chemistry on-screen of the people telling the stories."
                        That's what I'm talking about. It's nice to know RDA and I think alike.

For those who want Sam to put her love life on hold for O'Neill, Tapping says "tough." Her police-detective boyfriend, Pete Shanahan (David DeLuise), is coming back.
                        "tough"?!? I guess it will be "tough" if Stargate goes into the toilet because it lost it's biggest fanbase. I think us shippers have been very tolerant.

"He's not dead yet," she says, alluding to the high mortality rate among former Carter loves.
                        with the Black Widow Curse!!!!!! We don't want him dead just gone!

"There's a huge hue and cry on the Internet from people who don't want Sam to be with him. They want her to be with O'Neill -- and probably, deep down, Sam does, too. But she's given up on the idea of unrequited love and decided to live her life. But never say never, right?"
                        UGH!!!!!!!!! I don't know what to say in response....except........

"Look TPTB are using Shippers like a little white ball."

Token ~

Comment

Originally Posted by Ship Nana
                          Ahhhhh.........the lust of birthday cake! What can I say?

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                          BURP!
                          <demurely covers mouth>

Actually Nana, that was the second cake! We're still trying to get the 3rd one cooled down enough to frost it, but it's tough to keep our fingers out of the frosting!

Happy Birthday Mala!
                          Ok, here's Mala's fresh-out-of-the-oven birthday cake.
                          (I made it small so ShimmeringStar won't be tempted)

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                            Ok, here's Mala's fresh-out-of-the-oven birthday cake.
                            (I made it small so ShimmeringStar won't be tempted)
                            <walks away with one of Nana's chocolate chip cookies, grumbling about Chiclet-sized birthday cakes>

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                              <walks away with one of Nana's chocolate chip cookies, grumbling about Chiclet-sized birthday cakes>
                              Now, now, you know one birthday cake is enough for you. Mala deserves her birthday cake because she is a wonderful person, and she is the creator of the totally awesome potato head collection.

Anyway, Ship Nana's cookies are much better for you.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                                Anyway, I found this old article and thought it was interesting to read RDA's perspective on this episode:
                                Interesting read, thanks for posting it. I'm curious to see the missing scenes now.
                                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Working...
                                X