This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    I have to laugh! One of the reasons I took a break was because I was tired of all the discussion. But you know what...TPTB have spent the majority of THEIR TIME on the discussion as well. Which has just flat out PIS&%#D ME OFF! ( ok I am ok now) All of the interviews have done nothing for me and *Whiplash* (Ship Nana was it you who said that? ) OMG I need a freakin Chiropractor after listening to the interviews with AT. I LOVE AT, don't get me wrong, and I am a staunch Sam supporter. But goodness gracious gollys, You would think that AT was running for some American Political office the way she keeps going back and forth.

So I KNOW that taking that break from everything and just watching my DVDs, favorite videos and such was the right decision...WHY YOU ASK well I am about to tell you

Because I can now calmly once again discuss without having to PUKE or GAG which in my book is a very good thing
    I am worried that one of the reasons that TPTB are working so hard to get our opinion of turned around is because they plan on a S9 and to be a bigger part of the show. (OMG I said it....ick, ewy, pleasepleaseplease don't let it happen)
    So I take solace in the following:

So far only one spoiler has linked DDL the *actor* to an ACTUAL episode. all of the other spoilers have not indicated whether or not DDL will ACTUALLY be in them...fine with me. Now the charcater has been linked to two episodes so we know is around but we don't know JUST how Sam FEELS
    8 SPoiler Space Affinity
    All we know in this is that Sam is talking about whether or not it is fair to have a relationship and a family with , kids in daycare type of stuff. So what does that tell us.
    That he is A)doing fine with Sam and we are going to have to deal - NOT
    B) he is pressuring her into a type of commitment she isn't ready for and she is thinking about it all
    C) Sam is trying to find excuses to get out of this GOD FORSAKEN relationship

Okay..sorry for this long rant but I guess it has been building........

wine...I need wine
    Here, Tame, here's a glass (yes, I KNOW it can hold a gallon, but hush and drink up)....
    feel better??
    Now, repeat after me ...He's a PLOT DEVICE, JUST A PLOT DEVICE.

I truly have to hold on to what little optimism I can scrape up....even IF there is a S9, I really think TPTB will slowly move our couple towards a positive reconciliation. Why, you ask??

Chemistry, Shipper Cookies, blind faith, slips of the lip in interviews, the S/J ship post in S7, fear of really ticking off the multitudes of fans.....pick one, take a good drink and keep the faith.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      Spoilers for S7's Chimera

So, he's hurt and leaves her. Now, for ME, that bothered me. And it bothered Sam. Maybe it's a female thing, but when you share your body with someone, the last thing you want is to be rejected afterwards. And PS walking out on her, whether he was hurt or not, was a form of rejection.
      I don't think it's just a 'female' thing. I wasn't very happy he did that either, especially considering the look of utter dejection on her face.

When he got the call back from his FBI buddy, 'that's' when he should have dropped it. He could have went back to Sam and said he's having probs handling this secrecy thing between them. And he should tell her the truth about doing the background check on her. And then drop it. Sam will now know how hard this is for him. Yes, I'd still be mad at him for leaving me that morning, and I'd be even more mad for the background check, but I'd appreciate him telling me the truth. And I'd forgive him. This isn't the way the ep went, instead ignoring his actions and having Sam seemingly accept them. The writers can't erase the damage, but having PS appologize to Sam -whether it's on screen or not- will not only make PS's character look better, it'll make Sam's as well. If PS is 'supposed' to be a good guy, and a good guy for Sam, then fix this mistake and move on. Treat Sam, PS, and the viewers with the respect deserved.
      I'm with you there Sally.
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
        Maybe those viewers who don't see the chemistry just don't particularly like one of the two actors and/or characters or they confuse some of the tense/argumentative/angsty moments as the two characters not liking each other or being very compatible.

Or maybe they just don't like this couple. Look how we are with Sam and PS. I think the majority of shippers merely want it to be Sam and Jack instead. Maybe the ppl that don't like Sam and Jack together would prefer Jack with Janet, or Sam with Daniel, or Jack's time be spent with Daniel instead. Whatever the reasons, it still comes down to the same thing - they're not attracted to this pairing. No amount of scenes will change their mind. No amount of arguments or evidence, because it's not about 'seeing' it, it's about 'digging' it. Some anti-shippers love the Jack and Daniel relationship -not talking slash- but I'm just left 'yeah, it's nice'. It's all just personal taste, eye of the beholder stuff. I don't take it personally, because it's not meant personally. To each his/her own. And that's a good thing.

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
          IMO the TPTB made it clear from the 1st eps in the 1st season that they intended to pursue a ship of some type between Sam/Jack. While Solitudes & Broca Divide amongst other eps were very interesting with smiles & flirtation & strong friendship (&very interesting *ahem* situations)......... IMHO, I feel it wasn't until the late S2 eps & early S3 that real mature romantic ship (as in "I really admire you/have deeper feelings for you & am really attracted to you"-type ship) started to show. (Then the rest of S3 & all of S4--overt ship all the way )

Even though I'd love to see SHIPship in the first eps.... it was like...how do I describe it? More flirtation/feel you out/see how you act/react for a while before I give in more fully to you kind of ship? I know, I'm probably not doing so great a job of describing this.

But I agree with you, we all, posters & lurkers, see ship starting at different points.
          I agree. For the first Season or two they were in the "Getting to Know You" Phase and becoming good friends, which in turn lead to them falling in love. Of course IMO if one of them hadn't been in the military after a couple of months they would have been dating

As for the situations, I can't undersand why they would put them into all those "compromising" situations if they weren't planing on it going somewhere.
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
            I agree. For the first Season or two they were in the "Getting to Know You" Phase and becoming good friends, which in turn lead to them falling in love. Of course IMO if one of them hadn't been in the military after a couple of months they would have been dating

As for the situations, I can't undersand why they would put them into all those "compromising" situations if they weren't planing on it going somewhere.
            Thank you ShipDaddy. I was hoping I made some kind of sense to someone since I know I wasn't adequately explaining it...... Anyway.... after finding the Forum in March & reading this Thread & everyone's great comments about Solitudes & Broca Divide, I really wanted to & had high hopes of seeing the SHIP in those eps. But once I watched them... while very interesting & lots of fun, it wasn't... well, I think you said it better than me... it wasn't "them falling in love." And I suppose, that's what my definition of the big SHIP is. S & BD were the fun & exciting little ships building to the big one.

Oh ShipDaddy! Forget dating - they would have been married!
            Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 12 June 2004, 05:49 PM. Reason: remembered the forgotten last thought
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood

Spoilers: Season 7 - Chimera
              I personally didn't care for the closing scene the most. Aside from the fact that I felt that they had Sam telling Pete much more than he needed to know, the whole dance photo gift scene was soooo saccarine and soap-operaish. It was a scene that should have been played out (if they felt that it was so necessary to the storyline) anywhere but in the bowels of the SGC. The photo thing was just way too much. It really rubbed me the wrong way. IMHO that whole scene did a disservice to the character and to the show.

That ending scene was not just the nail in the coffin, it was the nail being jammed with a sledge hammer. It was the intent of the scene, which to me felt that Sam literally loved PS. That's what hurt. It hurts to just write it. I really don't know if Sam's in love with PS -or was then- but it was played close to it in that end scene. At least that's how I felt it. The way she smiled, the way she looked at PS while he was opening the gift, that beautiful and sweet smile when she saw that he was accepting this big secret of hers... it all screamed that she *really* felt for this guy. What worse thing could be projected to an S/J shipper? I'll never get over this ep either. I could have accepted Sam casually dating, even sleeping with a few guys, but not loving someone else. I don't want PS to mean anything to her heart, but that looks just like what it was meant to be. Even WHEN Sam and Jack get together, it'll always be tainted with this other guy that Sam loved. And we had to see played out on screen. And a million shippers hearts bled that day. Jeez, see what happens when I play Alanis Moressette!

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Great post TameFarrar.I love At and the Sam Character as well but these interviews are making me dizzy.If there is a Season 9 and Pete plays a big part and there is no Jack I will not play a big part as a viewer.I will not put up with Pete for more than a couple of season 8 episodes.I still think Sam and Jack will end up together but if TPTB brough Pete in to take over for Jack they are making a huge mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                  Not only that but there needs to be way more than just a fishing invitation and acceptance. After as has been said many times, the stakes have been raised significantly.

We never expected to see Sam in bed with anyone. It would have been nice had it been Jack, but we weren't expecting anything like that with the Sam/Jack relationship. But now that TPTB have opened the door on this kind of scene, I want much more for Sam and Jack.

Something like this would be nice also.

I don't mean for this to be a controversial thing to say, but I 'almost' feel like the way that Chimera was wrote, filmed, acted... it 'almost' feels mean spirited against the shippers. I KNOW, without a doubt that the writers aren't trying to hurt us or make us suffer, but the whole way that ep was presented was just one, long, agonizing torture session. Well, at least to 'this' super shipper. It would be like for the Jack/Daniel fans to have some outsider come in and do things with Jack that the J/D fans wanted for Jack and Daniel. Make this outsider an archeologist to boot and immediately hit it off with Jack. They go to games together, have beers together, spend friendship time together, while Daniel's left alone. That would 'crush' the J/D fans. And that's what the S/J fans got with the way that Chimera was played out. It had romance, passion, and an almost happy ending... why they'd do that?

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

That ending scene was not just the nail in the coffin, it was the nail being jammed with a sledge hammer. It was the intent of the scene, which to me felt that Sam literally loved PS. That's what hurt. It hurts to just write it. I really don't know if Sam's in love with PS -or was then- but it was played close to it in that end scene. At least that's how I felt it. The way she smiled, the way she looked at PS while he was opening the gift, that beautiful and sweet smile when she saw that he was accepting this big secret of hers... it all screamed that she *really* felt for this guy. What worse thing could be projected to an S/J shipper? I'll never get over this ep either. I could have accepted Sam casually dating, even sleeping with a few guys, but not loving someone else. I don't want PS to mean anything to her heart, but that looks just like what it was meant to be. Even WHEN Sam and Jack get together, it'll always be tainted with this other guy that Sam loved. And we had to see played out on screen. And a million shippers hearts bled that day. Jeez, see what happens when I play Alanis Moressette!

Sally
                    Sneaks up quietly behind Sal (remember Fred Flintstone's tippytoeing on his 1st 2 toes??) & slides purple cookie into Sal's limp hand. Slowly lifts her hand to her mouth. Mashes cookie in. Pushes her jaw a couple times & grabs Di's wine glass to wash it all down hr throat. Stands back the leans forward & peers into Sal's eyes. Pupils are beginning to dilate. A slight blush is growing.....

I think she'll make it. More purple cookies stat!
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Sally
                      Wow, that was.....do you really think she is in love with him? I saw it more as an "I can't have the one man I truly love so I'm just gonna roll around in they hay with you for a few minutes". Seriously though I think that she has put up such walls around her heart and maybe this experience will open her up a bit so she could realize what she is missing. Even though I don't support the relationship with (gag!) I do think that this will make her realize that she is only using him as a substitute for the real deal - at least that's what I hope she's gonna do.

I feel so sorry for AT because i just adore her and I hate that she feels the need to defend the relationship with . At least she is conscious of the fact that the fans want Jack and Sam together - it's inevitable. If it wasn't, they never should have even hinted at any attraction between them. TBTB couldn't be that cruel - could they??

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                        Great post TameFarrar.I love At and the Sam Character as well but these interviews are making me dizzy.If there is a Season 9 and Pete plays a big part and there is no Jack I will not play a big part as a viewer.I will not put up with Pete for more than a couple of season 8 episodes.I still think Sam and Jack will end up together but if TPTB brough Pete in to take over for Jack they are making a huge mistake.
                        I agree with you Ses. Even though being a latecomer to SG1 (they were in their 7th year already when I started to watch) would make me absolutely love the idea of being able to look forward to a S9, if there's no Jack it won't be the same show & I most likely wouldn't watch anymore. As for more - 'Nuff said already 'bout him.

Comment

Look Shippers the end of Thread IV!!!!
                          On to V!!!!

Comment

Great insight majorsal regarding Sam in the last scene.I never though of it like that.I never though Jack was in love with Kynthia or Laira.I never felt Jack was betraying Sam when he was with these women.It felt like Sam betrayed Jack when she was with Pete.This is the problem when only one character moves on and this is the problem when Sam and Jack have not had one adult conversation regarding there feelings in 7 years.It is very difficult to see Sam or Jack with someone else when there has been no resolution to there relationship.Leaving it in the room is no resolution.It just makes things worse.Sam and Jack should have agreed to either wait for each other until they could be together or they should have agreed to see other people.Instead of humming in the elevator Sam should have told Jack her reasons for seeing Pete.That was the moment to finally have the adult conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              I REALLY am looking forward to S8, if for no other reason than to be totally proven wrong and TPTB have pulled the biggest coup this side of the Star Gate and we will be just blown away by what happens the whole season. THAT would even make me overlook the episode
                              Oh, Tame, I want that to happen too! I want their to be a twist, and surprise that will make us all blow a HUGE sigh of relief.

Sally

ps - We're close to thread number 5; can we PLEASE have it numbered according to how many ship threads there's *really* been? I can't remember where we left off on the old forum, but it shouldn't matter because whether the forum is here or the old place, it's still Gateworld forum.

ps2- I'm done listening to Alanis now, so my melodrama will stop.<g>
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                                Video 47 " C'est pour toi" Celine Dion...Sam is expecting

Sam loves children.Jack too.Sam tells Jack she 's expecting his child. Screw the regs and good for them.

Read the lyrics and translation first....and dream well until July

I'm off on holiday on Tuesday....must pack my luggage now Don't want to forget my bikini

(snip, snip for length)

Caty aka shipdiva
                                Oh Ship Diva!!!! What will we do without you!

Look the Shipper Mouse is crying because he is already missing you like us!!!

Hey did you say Bikini? Wish I could still wear one!!! Too many Shipper Cookies!!!!! Not to mention kiddlets!! Don't mind me I'm just jealous!

Have fun, pack your sunscreen and Shipper Cookies. Be safe and come back to your Shipper Family SOOON!!!!
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X