This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikkirose
    I agree with you on all of that. I dont like that the character now has a bf, but its fun to see AT get to play a different part of Carter's life that we've never gotten to see before. Lets just hope that in the end the writers will come to their senses and put J/S together!

.... Wouldn't it have been nice if seeing that part of Sam's life been played with Sam/Jack instead? Yeah, the regs, but what if they'd had Sam transfer to another team, and then only have her on Sg-1 when the ep warranted it? Or, have her resign her commission? Or have Jack semi-retire? Or write up a fake regulation? Or any number of things that could have had Amanda getting to play this side of her character, but with Jack instead of the unwanted character? Okay, the anti-shippers would be upset... well, the shippers are upset. But, if they'd written PS the right way, we shippers would only be complaining about Sam even having a bf, not adding into it Sam's poor portrayal too by the end of the ep. It just feels like they created a mountain when all this storyline should/could have been was a molehill to 'just' the shippers.

~end of editorial~

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
      i missed the angel finale
      and then i missed the repeat
      cos i'm stupid

On an unrelated note... I really like the avatar you've chosen Stargate Barbie. He's sooo cute!

Sally

ps - The Jack and Daniel cuteness theory. When I'd first saw Star Wars all those million of years ago, I'd wanted Luke. But, as months went by, I started leaning towards Han. Luke is cute, but Han was handsome. And that's the way I see Jack and Daniel. Daniel is cute, but Jack's handsome. Now, in honesty, since MS has beefed up and shortened his hair, I'm seeing more handsome than cute; still think my theory works, though.<g> Jack's Han Solo. Daniel's Luke Skywalker. Sam's Princess Leia. Teal'c is... Chubaka (sp?).
      sally

sigpic

Comment

but seriously, that wasn't my biggest issue with laira. i just found her irritating. if i had to spend a day with her, i'd probably try to kill her. or just kick her in the shins, i'm not sure which.
        The first person that came to mind when you'd said about being irritated with her; Marilyn, from Northern Exposure. She was Joel's secretary, and I found that all I wanted to do was hit her upside the head and say 'wake up, dumba$$!' Yeah, I was a bit irritated with the woman. Oh, btw, I was a HUGE Maggie/Chris shipper on that show! When they'd *finally* starting going in that direction on the show, they cancelled it! Argh of mammoth proportions!

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
          Okay I'm out of Arguments
          Thank you, good sir, for being ever so gracious. (And, sorry for the nitpicking since you clearly like her. )

Seroiusly thought I think they did that to make it "dramatic". To draw out the tension, unfortunately for Laira it makes her look kind of bad otherwise I saw her as a respectable person who had mostly good intentions.
          I agree, and I am not saying she is not a respectable person. Perhaps my perspective is a little skewed by expectation -- if the first half of the episode hadn't made her look so wonderful, so "mother earth," I might have found her much more likable in the end.
          In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by caroline
            I wonder if somebody could help me. I would like to know where are the best episodes for shippers. I'm sorry for my bad english thanks for your answers
            It looks like col aga got this question, but I'd also like to add s3 "Learning Curve" to the list. I like that one alot
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

laira, was pushing jack to throw away all of his possesions from his life at the sgc. she was trying to make him forget his friends. he wasn't comfortable or happy at all about it, but let her do it just so that he wouldn't have to her her NAG about it. she manipulated him into it.
              I wont respond to your whole post, but I thought this was interesting. I saw this as Laria knowing that Jack would dwell on the past, on things he couldn't change, Yeah it was a waste to get rid of the clothes, but they would just be a constant reminder of that which he could never have again.

Oh, that gave me another thought...
              Perhaps the reason Laira hesitated was because she didn't want to give him false hope. She didn't want to tell him that she'd heard something if it turned out to be nothing, but in the end decided to that she should because Jack would know better what to do with the info.

hmmm... it sounded better in my head
              ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                ps - The Jack and Daniel cuteness theory. When I'd first saw Star Wars all those million of years ago, I'd wanted Luke. But, as months went by, I started leaning towards Han. Luke is cute, but Han was handsome. And that's the way I see Jack and Daniel. Daniel is cute, but Jack's handsome. Now, in honesty, since MS has beefed up and shortened his hair, I'm seeing more handsome than cute; still think my theory works, though.<g> Jack's Han Solo. Daniel's Luke Skywalker. Sam's Princess Leia. Teal'c is... Chubaka (sp?).
                Someone started a thread about this on the old forum, it's amazing what the parallels are I'd dig it up, but I'm too tired and lazy right now
                ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by Liebestraume

Thank you, good sir, for being ever so gracious. (And, sorry for the nitpicking since you clearly like her. )
                  Don't worry you weren't nitpicking, well not much
                  Besides, it's always fun to get other peoples PoV, and it made a nice change of topic.
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

Don't worry you weren't nitpicking, well not much
                    Besides, it's always fun to get other peoples PoV, and it made a nice change of topic.
                    I confess that I've only skimmed the discussion here re Laira, but I have to say I've always liked 100 Days and her character. I never thought her to be cloying or evil or whatever. To me it was believeable that these two mature adults would be attracted to each other (they're both leaders, they're both parents, they've both been married, etc). I also thought it was nice seeing Jack relaxed and happy for a change (the 'party' scene).

Re Laira's initial hesitation: it seemed that she wasn't sure what she heard on the radio at first (I don't think she was comfortable with or understood the technology). Of course, after that, she should have told Jack right away, but I do think she was afraid of losing Jack and at that point, it became wrong. However, as you pointed out, she did in the end do the right thing.

Anyway, I found this old article and thought it was interesting to read RDA's perspective on this episode:

From TV Zone by Steven Eramo (#/date? - middle of Season 4)

The colonel had the chance to express his feelings for both children and adults in the show's third season. In Learning Curve he becomes extremely protective of a young girl, Merrin (Brittney Irvin), who he feels is being exploited along with the rest of the children of her race. In a later story, A Hundred Days, O'Neill is stranded on a planet and falls in love with one of its inhabitants, played by Michelle Greene.

"Unfortunately, with A Hundred Days we didn't have enough time to tell the entire story in the way I think it should have been told," explains the actor. "Some of the emotional beats between my character and Michelle's are missing. Because he believes he's been abandoned, O'Neill's accepted the fact this is his new home and he's ready to 'give' of himself and commit to a relationship with this woman. However, we never really get to see this 'giving over' process. That's what I felt the episode was lacking. Emotionally, it just fell a little short, but that's the inherent problem in episodic tv. You only have 42 minutes and 30 seconds to tell your story. If go over that time something is going to be cut out. That's that. Overall, A Hundred Days was a fascinating concept and I loved Jack having to face that dilemma. Michelle was great to work with, too."

A nice, honest way of looking at the shortcomings of a story, I think. What a contrast when compared to the defensive comments coming from RCC and the rest re Ch. and that Mr. P. character.
                    sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Mala.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi caught up with you at last. I have just received my August Skyfi Mag. and finally read the full transcript of the RDA & AT interview. I have read it a couple of times and the more I read it I find that there are some positive statements in it. I don’t think AT would have referred to Jack and Sam getting together if it wasn’t going to happen (Keeping everything crossed). I hope the strategy behind going on to talk about Pete the way she did is to keep us the audience hyped up. I am not sure this is the way to put over their publicity as it may have the opposite effect and depress some viewers (Shippers) so much that they may be put of watching the programme.

Can anyone tell me how to include pictures with my post?
                        Isis
                        Jack and Sam forever

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MALA

Meanwhile I'm on pins and needles waiting for the new season to begin. This extra long wait is driving me nuts. This is the only show that I count the days until the new season. Other t.v. shows I don't really care how long the season breaks are. This is going to be the longest 2 plus weeks of my life. Which sounds kind of pathetic. But whilst other people are taking vacations and spending their days doing all sorts of fun outdoor activities I'm in summer session at school. Whoever thought to cram 3 months worth of college into a 6 weeks session is either a genius or a masochist. Or both. But I am going kayaking this weekend. Woo hoo. I'm all studied out and I need a break. My head is so full of medical terminology that it's going to bust.

As for the ship this season I'll take a wait and see stance. It's not like the actos or TPTB would come right out in an interview and say "by the way this is the season that Sam/Jack will be resolved". But I think 8 years is long enough.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MALA!!!!

Ship Nana

Comment

This just popped into my head, and I head to ask it:

In Entity Jack hesitates for a moment before he shoots Sam. His hesitation could have caused the entity to take over the base and/or kill one, ten or hundreds of people. Is there a difference between his actions and Laira's?

Now, obviously Laira's hesitation was longer, but her disicion was still made within the "required" time and she did the right thing. Just like Jack. So why the difference?
                              Ship daddy...Jack hesitated...for a second...and he couldn't be sure it was necessary to shoot a second time (possibly needed a sec to scope out the situation) AND he was faced with actually killing someone. Laira didn't hesitate...she decided not to say anything...why? so Jack would stay with her...her conscience got to her and she told. Her motivation was totally different, as was the time period for her actions.

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                              ~Imzadi
                              describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                              Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

//Or they'll be sniping at each other (frustration ya know ) and Maybourne will say what we all (well at least me) want to say to them..."Get a room already!" //

Tasha, that would be GREAT!!!!

Marimba, Felger has a DOLL of Sam? really or joking? (I haven't seen The Other Guys (the only episode I've never seen) and haven't seen Avenger in a looong time)

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!
                                Last edited by LtLisa; 25 June 2004, 12:41 PM. Reason: the dancing and chanting!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                                ~Imzadi
                                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Working...
                                X