Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And strangely enough it fits, as the Sam/Daniel relationship has been characterized as sorta brother-sister in dynamic. I dig the similarities. But who would Obi-Wan be then? Katherine? Hmm...and so much for fathers on this show. And Selmac even has a mechanically synthesized voice. But I'd hate to see Jacob turn into Darth Vader. hehehe. Okay, I'm being dumb.

Comment

i for one am very much aware of the similarities. and i love when they do "homages" to star wars. and i'm looking forward to some more. its one thing about RCC's work on the show that i really like.

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
        Ive decided what I want to see as a S/J resolution of ship.
        I want to see a kiss and they are both soooo happy that Jack picks up Sam and twirls her while they are both laughing.
        I wanna see joy!!!!!

waterfall
        I have to agree with you Waterfall...I want to SEE them happy to be together and all that entails
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
          Say it's season 9, and Jack has retired, or whatever (because I know RDA won't be around very much if at all). But the two of them are definately a couple , because season 8 has ended with them happy together in ship and love.
          So, Sam is at work and her cell phone rings. She has one of those cell phones where you program in different rings (songs) for different people. What song do you suppose tells her its Jack calling?
          WHATTAMAN....
          Whattaman...Whattaman...Whattaman Whatta mighty fine man
          what else could it be
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
            I might be in the minority here, but I don't actually want an all-out bedroom scene. Implied, maybe. But no actual scene. I always liked Stargate because it's a clean show, without trashiness. Given Chimera sort of blew that ideal away, but I always found that scene synonymous to the cheapness of the Sam/ relationship. Sam and Jack are sort of holier-than-thou and should be afforded a more respectable use of screentime. But I have no objections to a joyful kiss scene or even a makeout scene. But please, no ratings grabbing show of skin. I loved the Syd/Vaughn ship on Alias, but to me, the thrill of it went down after the characters had to "reheat their dinner in the oven." I just don't want anything smutty or cheap on the show to mar the idealism I have regarding it. That's just my humble opinion.
            I would like to see them cuddled up ......even if it was up on the couch....just *snuggled together* I don't need any kind of major sex scene....but I would like *Intimacy* to be shown in the RIGHT way. And how Jack would treat Sam as an equal and how he would treat her respectfully and lovingly.

Comment

Tame I just saw the pics on your link.
              OOOHHHHHH I'm soooo happy now!
              Gatetime

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                WHATTAMAN....
                Whattaman...Whattaman...Whattaman Whatta mighty fine man
                what else could it be
                k, i'm changing my answer. simpsons be damned!

(i'm sorry jebus, i don't mean that!)

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                  k, i'm changing my answer. simpsons be damned!

(i'm sorry jebus, i don't mean that!)
                  ROFLMAOOOOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by gatetime
                    Tame I just saw the pics on your link.
                    OOOHHHHHH I'm soooo happy now!
                    I have a bunch of Sam & Jack ones that I took down ....well because I was just flat out ANNOYED ....but I wll gather them up and put them back up this weekend when I get done playing with *My Stand In's* pics and post a link as well so We can all have some warm fuzzies of Sam & Jack

Comment

spoilers for s8's affinity and threads

K, I watched Affinity again last night. Something struck out at me that made me feel like I might understand why Sam said yes to PS at the end. *just speculation*

In the scene where Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c were talking about customs of couples and such -and Sam went on her mini rant about society's expecations and 'perfect romantic ideal'- there was a moment where Sam said something that hit me. I can't remember Daniel's exact dialog, but it was something like, 'The man wears the women's dress to gain insight into her life', and Sam replied, 'If only it were that simple'. Anyhoo, I 'think' that's why Sam said yes to PS. By the ending scenes, where PS saw Sam in action, she might have felt that he had a pretty good grasp and insight into her life, and he accepted it and her. BUT... it won't be enough - Threads spoilers indicate this big time - because as nice and sweet as PS is, she's not 'in' love with him. She is with Jack. Reality will force her to come to a choice: PS and nice or Jack and 'perfect romantic ideal'. And since Jack 'is' available -if a person's willing to sacrifice- then choosing the passion of your life over settling isn't that out of reality.

Sally
                      Last edited by majorsal; 02 September 2004, 11:14 PM.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatetime
                        I watched Star Wars today(the original one) and has anyone noticed how like Stargate it is. There is the Princess(Sam) who knows everything about everything. There is Luke Skywalker (Daniel) who innocently nudges everone foreward.Chewbacca (Teal'c) the strong right hand to the hero. Hans Solo (Jack) who always manages to be there when need to pull off the impossible just in time.

And the very best of all is that Hans and the Princess are together in the end after a nice conversation.

Ok it took three movies to get there but they got there.
                        Sorry, but I'm a big Han fan and I hate to see him called Hans. Did you know that some of the dialog in TESB follows a pattern of that between Rhett and Scarlett in GWTW, as in "You could use a good kiss."
                        Last edited by Gatetrixer; 02 September 2004, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                          Hehehe, I will.
                          Spoiler:
                          He read Thread spoilers and said: 'They'll get married at the end. It's been set up for that.' After all these years he's spent telling me he's always right, I guess I have to believe him... lol
                          Mei Mei has crossed fingers and toes that Lunar's Dad is always right!! Mei Mei's dear departed pappy used to say he was always right and he usually was!!

Mei Mei is finding it hard to type with fingers crossed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                            I know. We don't want Jack to be so exhuberant that he brains her!!!
                            Ah, but we must remember Jack's poor knees! We wouldn't want him to injure himself in any way when he might need his knees for ......

(Mei Mei smacks head... PG thread Pg thread....)

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                              Sorry, but I'm a big Han fan and I hate to see him called Hans. Did you know that some of the dialog in TESB follows a pattern of that between Rhett and Scarlet in GWTW, as in "You could use a good kiss."

I'm beginning to see a pattern here. The great shows inspire great shows.
                              Gatetime

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                                Ive decided what I want to see as a S/J resolution of ship.
                                I want to see a kiss and they are both soooo happy that Jack picks up Sam and twirls her while they are both laughing.
                                I wanna see joy!!!!!

waterfall

Have a heart, waterfall. Jack's no spring chicken and Sam ain't exactly petite. The poor guy could keel over before he gets a chance at some noogie!

J.
                                "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Working...
                                X