Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sam pining after jack is one thing i just don't get.

first of all, there's no real acknowledgement of 'feelings' until s4....so she hasn't been 'pining' for seven years

every overture has been made by JACK not her. the fishing invites, him confessing his feelings,etc...and she's always been the person to say no.

if she was pining, don't ya think she woulda said yes at some point in time?

if anyone is pining, it's jack. He's got the crush on her. he's admitted that he cares...we have yet to ever see sam admit any sort of feelings for him other than 'i miss him'
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Spoilers for S7's Chimera and S8

I was recently re-reading one of AT's latest interview quotes, and something struck me and I wanted to share. I'm going to c/p it and then let you TRY to decipher what the heck Amanda's actually telling us.<g> From my POV, it's good.

Harking back to the relationship between Carter and O'Neill, Tapping muses, "I think that Grace-the episode last season-really deal't with Carter's subconscious and she allowed herself to say goodbye to O'Neill and allowed O'Neill to say goodbye to her. I mean, in her subconscious she was saying, 'Okay, he's letting me go. I can let him go.' Even though it wasn't her lettinghim go it was her subconscious letting her letting him let her go..." We laugh that we don't have enough ink to be able to make that last sentence make sense, but Tapping is confident fans will know what she's trying to say. "Stargate fans are the most intelligent people on the planet. They'll get it!"

Now, let's try to figure it out.

"I think that Grace-the episode last season-really deal't with Carter's subconscious and she allowed herself to say goodbye to O'Neill and allowed O'Neill to say goodbye to her."

So, in Sam's mind, she let herself think that she was letting Jack go. And that Jack was letting 'her' go. K, next sentence.

"I mean, in her subconscious she was saying, 'Okay, he's letting me go. I can let him go.'"

*nods* That goes with what I was saying. Next.

"Even though it wasn't her letting him go, it was her subconscious letting her letting him let her go..."

Okay, this one's a bit harder. Sam didn't really let Jack go, it was her 'mind' that let her think it was okay. And she let Jack let her go too, so it would be easier to let herself do it too... is that right? I think Amanda's becoming Sam. What I'm thinking is going to happen is Sam's going to be in for quite a shock when she realizes that Jack DIDN'T let her go. Man, just re-reading through that last sentence is giving me a headache. But it's also giving me MUCHO HOPE!!!

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        I've avoided mini-Jack fics, but I'd like to read the suicide one. Got the link and/or name?

Sally
        Okay I found it.

The Patterns of His Mind by LeeLee Robinson (PG-13)
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

first of all, there's no real acknowledgement of 'feelings' until s4....so she hasn't been 'pining' for seven years

every overture has been made by JACK not her. the fishing invites, him confessing his feelings,etc...and she's always been the person to say no.

if anyone is pining, it's jack. He's got the crush on her. he's admitted that he cares...we have yet to ever see sam admit any sort of feelings for him other than 'i miss him'
          I completely agree, although she did -finally- admit to herself that she cares about him in Grace.
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

Well first and foremost..I think everyone here for the most part firmly believes that the Sam & Jack *Ship* is and HAS BEEN a two way street for all that choose to see it.
            I think that once D&C established that she had feelings Sam has shown many times that she *wished* she could say yes to the fishing invites, but Sam knows Ain't NO FISHIN gonna be going on

Also For me personally I saw the attraction from the first episode, the spark so to speak, so I have watchd these two people's feelings grow more profound and the playful banter grow from cute to serious and back to cute. But always awkward due to TPTB penchant for UST.

don't forget LC 1&2 Jack wouldn't let Sam say ANYTHING
            Last edited by TameFarrar; 19 June 2004, 11:08 PM. Reason: Ship Daddy translated things
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
              Yes, the timing makes me a little nervous too. There's not much time left after Pete goes away for there to be good S/J scenes that will "erase" the S/P scenes espeically since there was so much skin, and we don't want it to become the S/J hour.
              Yes we do. The Sam/Jack hour would be just fine with me. An hour of nothing but Sam and Jack making love, with only small interludes for bathroom visits and food consumption for energy. Okay, my version of Stargate would be on Cinemax at latenight, but so what.

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zabbugh
                I really hope that you are right about Lost City and how they put the ship in. With all of this talk about more seasons, I am thinking they may just keep this boyfriend thing going to drag out the angst of Sam and Jack until there is no more 'feelings' between the two.

Man, I am sorry for sounding like such a doubting Thomas.

I guess I should stick to the adage of 'no news is good news'.

Chris

Hey, Chris, don't worry about the doubting; everyone on this thread has felt/feels the same thing. If they drag out this S/J/P thing through another season, they'll also be dragging the corpses of the shippers in their wake. *lovely imagery, eh?*

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

I completely agree, although she did -finally- admit to herself that she cares about him in Grace.
                  Gosh Ship Daddy I hadn't realized that you too felt that Sam had to actualy *Say* the words.
                  That being the case Jack hasn't said the *words* since D&C either.
                  But we have seen so much in how they treat one another, BOTH of them to come to the belief that these two characters love each other.

I don't know I am a bit depressed here. When I come on the forum to read the S&J Ship Discussion Thread I NEVER have felt like I ever needed to explain or defend the relationship.
                  That is why there is a *Ship Discussion Thread* and I even clicked back to make sure I was in the right thread.
                  I come in here to read posts from people that love and enjoy the S&J ship. When I want to defend it I go to other threads.
                  Hmmm not to sure what to say here anymore
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                    I'm thinking BCM is right though--they'll get them together. How much we'll have to live through between now and then, who knows?
                    Isn't that a lovely -not- way of having to go through the rest of this show till the end? Okay, all we have to get through is PS in this ep, and then a PS/Sam scene in this ep, and then... and then we'll either faint from exhaustion or die stress. Aren't we having fun!

Sally
                    Last edited by majorsal; 19 June 2004, 10:18 PM. Reason: just learnededed how to right inglish
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Yes we do. The Sam/Jack hour would be just fine with me. An hour of nothing but Sam and Jack making love, with only small interludes for bathroom visits and food consumption for energy. Okay, my version of Stargate would be on Cinemax at latenight, but so what.

Sally
                      I have already bought the Jumbo size popcorn... Can you get the drinks??

Comment

Hey, Chris, don't worry about the doubting; everyone on this thread has felt/feels the same thing. If they drag out this S/J/P thing through another season, they'll also be dragging the corpses of the shippers in their wake. *lovely imagery, eh?*

Sally
                        ROFL!!!!!
                        Thank you Sally I needed a good laugh!!!!
                        If nothing else we *Shippers* are resiliant!!!and we will hang in there till the end (gads maybe the *end* has new meaning)

Comment

Well let me do my best to scare you off it...
                          *ahem*

DON'T read any spoilers especially not the ones I read because I'm very much afraid that I completely and utterly wrecked any enjoyment I may get out of "New Order" because I over spoiled it. I read 5th act spoilers which are available and I really, really, really, really, really regret it.

I urge and implore you DO NOT read the spoilers!!!!!

how was that? too over the top?

Don't you realize what you just did... you've basically assured that everyone in this room is going to read the spoilers now. You tell us, emphatically tell us not to do something, and we'll go out of our ways to do nothing 'but' that thing. Gotta love psychology. <g>

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                            I popped in a couple of DVD's this morning while i was cleaning (or rather pretending to clean, cause let's face it, I was standing in the middle of the living room with a mop in my hand staring at the tv) and I have decided that AT is probably the best "eye actor" around. The title used to go to Gillian Anderson - whenever Scully got scared or what ever her eyes would just go huge - but AT has her beat. I have never seen anyone convey so much emotion just by closing her eyes! Sometimes the angst is just too much - I have to look away. Sorry, I'm rambling but just thought I'd share something non related....

That's so weird. I'm right now watching the X-files and noticing what a good actress Gillian Anderson is. She's so good with subtle movements and such. But, man, so is Amanda. I was also thinking what a great job Amanda would do with the Scully character, and then in the next breath I read you saying about Gillian and Amanda's acting. Too freaky.

Sally

ps - Amanda would have rocked as Scully!!!
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Season 8's New Order spoilers

I was also hoping that she'd be promoted before Jack came out of the ice. I can hear the people complaining already And the spoilers for her promotion make it sound like he gives her the promotion because he can.
                              Don't you know why he's promoting her? He's been forcing her to sleep with him for years, so he's *finally* rewarding her for it all. *ponders begging sgcdarkfic group to write meanie-jack and victim-sam fic*

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Okay I found it.

The Patterns of His Mind by LeeLee Robinson (PG-13)
                                Thanks, Brian/BCM/ShipDaddy!

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X