X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    "i'm late, i'm late, i'm late.......i'm late for an important date!"

Just wanted to say hi again before I run & take the quickest shower in history so I won't be too late for work..... but when I saw I could get back in w/no pesky error/can't find mssgs........had to take the opportunity... Will try this evening & keep my fingers crossed..........

<waves again & runs into steaming shower........>
    Have a good day at work, and we'll see you later. *waves* "Bye" *waves*
    sigpic

Comment

(It even gave me the push to go out & buy myself a computer over the weekend.......... which I've played w/2 nights in a row 'cause I couldn't get on here.... won't use the new baby until we figure out if we're sticking w/the current dial-up ISP or go to cable/highspeed.
      If youv'e gone out and bought a new computer, get Cable/high speed!
      Trust me you won't regret it!
      Did you know with high speed Marimba's and Caty's videos only take between 10 and 30 seconds to download?

BTW, I haven't been able to get on here either until last night!
      Talk about withdrawl!

I'm just hoping this forum gets all the bugs out before the new season start cuz if I can't talk about the new shows with y'all I just won't know what to do!!!

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        Saying that ..I like to see Angst between Sam and Jack but more the UST angst that they do so well... and love when they kiss..specially the point of view kiss. I hope we 'll get lots of talks between Sam and jack in season 8 , This is what is missing to put some more spice into their relationship and I really do hope they gonna drop the awkwardness between them when they talk about feelings ....They used it to much....and if they want to move forward , they need to relax more in each other's presence outside work..I hope we'll get that ..They just need to start talking about life in general and bring the subject to their own life.
        Caty aka ShipDiva
        I whole heartedly agree here!! It is time for some ADULT interaction. All of the other has been *done to death* They have known each other for going on 8 years and have faced life and death situations countless times together. Having some conversation, being comfortable with each other and *moving the relationship* to a new level shouldn't be as awkward as it has been. But In the *World of TV* EVERYTHING takes three times as long as normal life!!
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

<jumps up & down waving>

"I'm over here!!!"
          This a.m. is the first time since late last week (when we all couldn't get into the Forum) that I've been able to view the Forum from home without that dang script error box coming up over & over or the ISP saying they couldn't find the site/it moved. (Have suffered Shipper withdrawal for days............. give me all the cookies..........all colors........ d*&@ the consequences!!!!) Only saving grace is that I kept up w/our Thread from work...........but it was a terrible thing not to be able to join in. So let me see what I can do this a.m. before I have to head off to work & before those error mssgs come back..................

<runs around distributing hugs & throwing cookies in the air like confetti!>
          Hi SHimmering star!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

at least my break was self imposed I can't imagine what a FORCED break would do to me!!!!

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Thoughts on 'Point of View' (S3) w/a touch of 'Grace' (S7):
            S
            P
            O
            I
            L
            E
            R
            S
            IMHO, the scene where Jack visits AUSam to tll her she'd be allowed to stay in this reality, is in terms of feelings exploration/introspection, Jack's 'Grace' episode. Jack, for a moment, wasn't comfortable with the idea of staying w/her after giving her Hammond's news, but decided to anyway, embracing the opportunity to explore/confront his Sam feelings in a safe environment (no prying eyes) w/a non-judgmental AUSam who knew him intimately (intellectually & otherwise ).

So when Jack ran into his Sam immediately after leaving AUSam he'd had time to think over and decide what those feelings were. And the decision was a positve one, because after a bit of hesitation (fleeting thoughts of those pesky fraternization regs) he chose to offer his Sam an understanding ear for as long as she needed to talk. ('Course we could all rant for hours about Sam declining that offer!)

'Course there are two questions... just how long was he in there w/AUSam? What exactly was said? (I don't think AUSam just sat there & stared at him - she wasn't about to pass up a chance to share w/Jack again, no matter what reality he was from.) Where in 'Grace' we were given a whole ep of Sam along exploring things (& ships) in her mind (in the midst of a crisis no less!), we only got a brief glimpse into Jack's exploration in the company of AUSam. (Too bad we couldn't have gotten into Jack's mind in POV or his dreams after AUSam left.)

<these ramblings brought to you by: too much reading of negative ship comments elsewhere........>
            Hi, ShimmeringStar!! *waves* Hope to see you tonight!

I loved your assessment of "PoV"! I hadn't seen it from that perpective. I totally agree that Jack was exploring the Sam possibilities with AUSam. In "Politics", Jack was in disbelief that "TBFTGoG" Jack and Sam were together. When "PoV" AUSam came along, Jack probably questioned "What's going on?", "Am I missing something?", "How do I feel about Sam?" I felt at the endof "PoV"; he most definitely wanted to kiss her and was giving her every opportunity to do so. hehehe

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
              But I thought Jack finally backed her up superbly when Col. Simmons (was that his name?) was getting nasty right before they tried to capture Orlin...and he came over with a pizza and movie -- (shows some caring) and although Jack said "good for you" for having someone over, there was still a look he gave her...one of surprise mixed with sadness....but hey, I'm no expert, just an aficionado, devotee, enthusiast, admirer, even an addict of the ship. Hallucinations on my part should not shock

Di

although I would have preferred that Sam give him a bit of grief over his lack of trust later, enumerating the strange and alien occurances that they'd experienced and putting Orlin's appearance in some well needed perspective. Could be a good argument...full of UST....maybe lead to some smooches and RST!!
              Yeah, he did come through in the clinch. I would like to have seen some fall out from his lack of trust as well. I think it would have made me feel better about the issue rather than just treating it like it's perfectly normal.
              I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

<snip>

<these ramblings brought to you by: too much reading of negative ship comments elsewhere........>
                Minor Spoiler S7 Grace
                A thought about negative ship....

In the commentary for "Inauguration", Peter Woeste and Michael Greenburg refer to the internet poll that fans were allowed to vote whether or not Sam and Jack should kiss. I still wondering if ANYONE knows ANYTHING about this??!! Argh! Needless to say, the interent poll they referred to was split 50/50. I'm wondering how it could be split 50/50? Are shippers not letting their voice be heard? Or is fandom really split 50/50? It seems the PTB are trying to sense what the fans want if they are doing polls. Michael Greenburg didn't even know if Sam and Jack kissed.

Since Peter Woeste directed "Grace", it was mentioned that "Grace" was the highest rated epsiode and congratulated by Michael Greenburg. I'm wondering if the high ratings had to do with the kiss in the promo that was played over and over. So what would that say? I would think that would be positive for us.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                  ROFL at your description of this movie as it is one of hubs faves...he loves bad scary movies.......Hey no comments about me in the morning!!!

However, wasn't The guy who played Bra'tac in that too???

Was he? I didn't sit through the whole thing. I like a bad scary movie as much as the next girl but this one had too much blood and guts for me.

Comment

Thank you Ship Daddy for bringing that up.
                    I thought I was the only one who was surprised (& bothered) when Jack pushed right past Sam as she was trying to talk to him; there wasn't a brief 'excuse me' or even a finger to the lips (as in 'hold that thought a minute')...... and then Daniel felt the need to explain Jack's actions away. Was that another writing thing? If they scripted Daniel's excuse-making, then they meant for Jack to ignore Sam. IMHO, the rudeness/indifference that played out on the screen (intentional or not) was along the lines of the indifference of the rest of the team in the episode where Sam came tumbling through the Gate & everyone stood around w/out helping her. An action/reaction we don't expect given the team's past history.......
                    Yep--I've always hated that scene in 100 Days! Why so happy to see Teal'c but nothing for Sam who saved his a#$? And then to tell Laira he wasn't happy to go back was such a betrayal to me (and Sam)---the look on her face is crestfallen.

Comment

Then when I realized POV came after the other.... wondered what got into TPTB to frump Sam down.............

<apologizes for dragging old post forward, but since I couldn't get back in to play until now......gotta catch up!>

LOL! Yep--wonder who's great idea it was to give her the fakiest (is that a word) possible looking wig!

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                        *Chases with baseball bat* Just kidding

Actually I see it has him being the nicest one of them all, he was actually honest with her. And he didn't call her nuts, he said something like 'people are going to think you're nuts'. He also unoffical gave her the go ahead to gather more intel on Orlin before she reported him again.

Over all I thought it had a little bit of ship. I saw hints of jealousy when Jack thought Sam had a date. But that was the most obvious to me

As a really great friend-shippy moment there is the part where Jack tells Simmons that Carter was working with his direct approval, which basically get's him into all sorts of hot water instead of Sam.

I see your points and remember the scenes. I guess I was just hoping for more. There is a fanfiction that takes off from that point that is really good. Wish I could remember the name.

Comment

Hey, no hurtin' goin on at this thread--your opinion and perspective matter!
                          Absolutely! We are a family! We may pick, but no hurting.

At first I also felt, well heck, stranger things have happened to BOTH of you, FCOL this is pretty run of the mill stuff for life at the SGC. But I thought Jack finally backed her up superbly when Col. Simmons (was that his name?) was getting nasty right before they tried to capture Orlin...and he came over with a pizza and movie -- (shows some caring) and although Jack said "good for you" for having someone over, there was still a look he gave her...one of surprise mixed with sadness....but hey, I'm no expert, just an aficionado, devotee, enthusiast, admirer, even an addict of the ship. Hallucinations on my part should not shock

Di

although I would have preferred that Sam give him a bit of grief over his lack of trust later, enumerating the strange and alien occurances that they'd experienced and putting Orlin's appearance in some well needed perspective. Could be a good argument...full of UST....maybe lead to some smooches and RST!!
                          Originally posted by mjj1993
                          Yeah, he did come through in the clinch. I would like to have seen some fall out from his lack of trust as well. I think it would have made me feel better about the issue rather than just treating it like it's perfectly normal.
                          That's the missing piece!! Ok....Jack was upset with himself about not trusting Sam about Orlin so when Sam started talking about , Jack believed her even though no one had actually seen . Jack hasn't been able to talk to Sam about her bump-on-the-head illusion because of the whole saving the world thing. Go figure! That's probably what Sam was going to confess in the engine room of LC2 when Jack said,"I know."

What?!? ...it could have happened. Well, if you mix alot of shipper cookies.

Token ~

Comment

Hey... I thought she was from LA Law. (Michelle Green or something?) I didn't watch it alot, but her name/face stuck w/me.
                            Don't you think Laira was a bit overeager to rid Jack of his 'otherworld' belongings? I know she was trying to break his connection w/Earth (can we say 'manipulative?'), but I couldn't believe on such a planet she'd waste (&not recycle) such higher quality materials by throwing it in that pond (stream, lake, whatever...). I mean it.... appeared the villagers made do with and the most of what was available to them & there she was throwing good usable stuff away!

You know, that has always bugged me! I remember thinking "is she really going to throw that radio in the lake for cryin out loud? What is she---nuts?" I just couldn't figure out what the h$%^ she was doing witht his things by the lake. But manipulative--oh yeah! She started right away--i know her little story about how she grieved for her husband for 100 days was supposed to have us sympathize with her but I saw it as right away putting her hooks into him and letting him know to give up!

Comment

;
                              ;;
                              ;

;
                              VIDEO 44 "Avec toi" Celine Dion.."With you"

Check that one out if you want to know what Celine Dion sounds like in French...She adopts another style...more French...the music is stunning..and it's a really sweet song ...You should love the lyrics.

Sam is asking Jack to stop dreaming.

LYRICS & TRANSLATION

Descends de ton fil toi l'artiste heureux toi le doux pierrot
                              C'est tout un autre monde que tu vois a tout regarder d'en haut
                              Non je ne suis pas la princesse en bleu de ton bois dormant
                              Tu le vois je suis bien reelle et je veux de toi pour amant

Get down of your wire you the happy artist you the gentle pierrot
                              It's all another world that you see all looking from up there
                              No I'm not the blue dressed princess from your sleeping woods
                              You can see I'm real and I want you as lover

Avec toi
                              Je veux caresser la vie
                              Je veux devorer les plus beaux fruits
                              Je veux pleurer aussi
                              Avec toi
                              Je veux partager mes nuits
                              Je veux embrasser tes ciels de lit
                              Jusqu'a mon dernier cri

With you
                              I want to caress the life
                              I want to devour the most beautiful fruits
                              I want to cry too
                              With you
                              I want to share my nights
                              I want to kiss your bed's skies
                              Until my last shout

Tu reves debout et tu restes pur au milieu des loups
                              C'est pour ca que je t'aime malgre moi et tu m'aimes malgre tout
                              Non je ne suis pas la sagesse meme et mes sentiments
                              Ne sont pas faits que d'innocence
                              Ils sont faits de chair et de sang

You dream awake and you stay pure among the wolves
                              That's why I love you against my will and you love me against all
                              No I am not the wisdom itself and my emotions
                              Are not only made of innocence
                              They are made from flesh and blood

Avec toi
                              Je veux caresser la vie
                              Je veux devorer les plus beaux fruits
                              Je veux pleurer aussi
                              Avec toi
                              Je veux partager mes nuits
                              Je veux embrasser tes ciels de lit
                              Jusqu'a mon dernier cri

With you
                              I want to caress the live
                              I want to devour the most beautiful fruits
                              I want to cry too
                              With you
                              I want to share my nights
                              I want to kiss your bed's skies
                              Until my last shout

Au nom de l'amour je voudrais te voir faire des folies
                              Renoncer a toi-meme et quelques fois bousculer l'ordre de ta vie
                              Mais je t'aime trop pour te perdre un jour alors je te dis
                              Que si toi tu veux rester sage, je serai sage moi aussi
                              Que si toi tu veux rester sage, je serai sage moi aussi

In the name of love I would like to see you make crazy things
                              Renounce to yourself and sometimes to knock the order of your life over
                              But I love you too much to lose you someday so I tell you
                              That if you want to stay good, I will be good too
                              That if you want to stay good, I will be good too

Enjoy

Click on my sig to access my site.

Caty aka ShipDiva
                              Last edited by Catysg1; 09 June 2004, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                                Absolutely! We are a family! We may pick, but no hurting.

That's the missing piece!! Ok....Jack was upset with himself about not trusting Sam about Orlin so when Sam started talking about , Jack believed her even though no one had actually seen . Jack hasn't been able to talk to Sam about her bump-on-the-head illusion because of the whole saving the world thing. Go figure! That's probably what Sam was going to confess in the engine room of LC2 when Jack said,"I know."

What?!? ...it could have happened. Well, if you mix alot of shipper cookies.
                                HA! ROFLMAO!!!! You've convinced me.

Comment

Working...
                                X