This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Caty1

I have a question/dilemma...I clicked right mouse like you suggested and started downloading that Threads2 video clippy thing. It starts playing ok but keeps stopping about 2:27 into the clip...any suggestions?
    This is great.
    I told ya.
    I can't believe we didn't do this years ago.
    Well, let's not dwell.

Comment

Originally posted by Katkin
      Yep, I expect that wardrobe lady is collecting her pink slip as we speak!!! AT is a stunning laydee but that outfit made her look like a cross between Camilla Park Your Bowels and Martha Stewart Dying.
      ROFL! Speaking as somebody who has nothing positive to say about either of those ladies, your post made me laugh out loud! Thanks for the mood-lift!
      - Mary
      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by GateSeeker2
        Hello Caty1

I have a question/dilemma...I clicked right mouse like you suggested and started downloading that Threads2 video clippy thing. It starts playing ok but keeps stopping about 2:27 into the clip...any suggestions?

try downloading it again you may not have download the whole file

Comment

Originally posted by -Jules-
          Spoiler:
          Nothing like Chimera, I hope!

lol I don't really do spoilers very often, should that be w/spoiler tags?
          NOTHING could
          Spoiler:
          hurt as much as Chimera. :-( Take all our S/J fantasies, roll them into one, and you had Chimera personified.... But, boy, have we had some awesome S/J ship after that! :-D

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
            ROFL! Speaking as somebody who has nothing positive to say about either of those ladies, your post made me laugh out loud! Thanks for the mood-lift!
            Did you like the dress she worn on her date in Chimera? I personally thought it really wasn't Carter's style. Also, why does she always wears farty clothes every time she goes to Jack's house?
            sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8's affinity and threads

(I think that literally this entire post will be in white )

Originally posted by Bucky

<snip>

And while I'm on the subject of "Threads" :

Spoiler:
              There's been some discussion about the way Sam broke it off with Pete. At first, her comment "That's it?" seems a bit abrupt; however, there is another way to look at it. Someone else on another thread--or perhaps even another board--commented that her comment showed that she really didn't know Pete at all. I wish I could remember who it was because I thought it was an astute observation. Pete's comment indicates that he was surprised that Sam said yes, that he knew he was way in over his head, but that Sam "was worth the risk" of getting his heart broken.

It was a poster on the Threads thread that said
              Spoiler:
              something like Sam expected Pete to act like he did in Chimera, all angry and hurt. He was rather subdued, and that's because he saw it coming. It's like he had been preparing himself for this from the beginning. He even made a cryptic statement in Affinity about Sam questioning even being his girlfriend (not exact words).

Spoiler:
              Now, I know that many posters here have never gotten over the bad writing in "Chimera" and still considered him "Stalker Pete," but TPTB were doing everything they could to rehabilitate him in viewers eyes in Season 8.
              Spoiler:
              And I think they did a good job with it too. But, I'll always remember his disrespectfulness with Sam in the second half of the ep, and Sam's non-reaction to it. But the writing for Pete improved a lot after that, and helped me to like him better and accept Sam wanting him *temporarly* in her life. *that was hard to write :-p*

Spoiler:
              Pete's comments to Jacob/Selmak in the openning scenes show that he hasn't discussed Sam's father with her friends--or even her--very much. If he had, he wouldn't have made such a faux pas.
              Spoiler:
              You know, Jacob really could have been nicer and more understanding towards Pete. But he didn't want to, because he wanted Sam to be with Jack. :-D

Spoiler:
              But, to get back to the Sam/Pete break up scene. He's not surprised, and he lets her go without a fight. Sam is stunned that he doesn't try to find a way to keep them together. I mean, I would expect a guy to at least say something like "Can't we work this out?" I think she is also stunned that Pete realizes that her decision to break it off has nothing to do with Jacob's death.
              Spoiler:
              You really don't get the impression that Pete knows it's because of another guy... or does he? He knows it's 'something', but... I wonder what he thought it was?

Sally
              Last edited by majorsal; 11 February 2005, 11:39 PM. Reason: i forgot a blasted spoiler tag. *rolls eyes*
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2258976/1/
                My own little Threads fic. Major Moebius spoiler-based-spec in it too.
                Hope you enjoy!

Wow! What a great start! Keep writing, I can't wait for more!

Comment

********! I can't get to Caty's videos. D'Oh!!!!!!!!

What's the count til Moebius? Three days? Agh, the wait is gonna do me in..
                  The Eye of Botox has been formally recognized by the System Lords! Beware my fire-y wrath!!

by Nikkirose

Comment

Originally posted by Ranorion
                    Wow! What a great start! Keep writing, I can't wait for more!
                    If only it could be this great on the episode! Great job!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
                      Hey guys!! Go to school for a couple hours and then have 10 pages to catch up on!!

Random Question: I think someone said this before the other thread disappeared, but did I hear some say that Jack reffered to Jacob as Dad? Most likely jokingly, but I don't remember this and just wondering because as I watch season three non-stop I could see Jack as doing that.

Yeah, sorry for the random question! lol

Well, since I've decided this weekend is a Stargate Marathon....I can answer that one for you

First time Jack calls Jacob "Dad" is in season 3, espisode "Seth". They are all in the tent getting ready to infiltrate Seth's compound.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2258976/1/
                        My own little Threads fic. Major Moebius spoiler-based-spec in it too.
                        Hope you enjoy!

Great fic, Lunar. Loved the last line!!!! LOL
                        Heidi
                        Jack and Sam=Grace

JOHN AND AERYN 4 EVER

HENRY AND HELEN=MORE THAN ABNORMAL

Comment

I just saw this link on the Major Davis Thunk Thread (shameless promotion moment ). Anyways, I saw this and just had to share with ya'll.

http://kepek.csillagkapu.hu/displayi...album=32&pos=7

Look like any couple we know?
                          "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                          "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                          Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                          Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                          "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                          Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                          Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                          (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
                            I just saw this link on the Major Davis Thunk Thread (shameless promotion moment ). Anyways, I saw this and just had to share with ya'll.

http://kepek.csillagkapu.hu/displayi...album=32&pos=7

Look like any couple we know?
                            wow lol that is so cute. thank you for posting it.

Gatebee

Comment

Been lurking...been playing with my software...been spoiled by "Caty"...been listening to Rascal Flatts again and this song got me to thinking...

"Like I Am" (Melt) by Rascal Flatts

Comment

((((((((((((TAME!!)))))))))))))))

Hey hon! Lovely to see you back
                                I'm just bummed Moebius will be split over 2 weeks in the UK. Seems like it should be a 2 hour event. Anyone know if they're sticking to the one hour thing in the US??

Comment

Working...
                                X