This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheyenne
    i love this forum... everyone here is sooo nice... but i do have a question to ask everyone... do any of you have lives?? Coz i sure as hell don't... stargate is my life... my friends and i have actually come up with a way to intergrate ourselves into the SG universe.... sad i know... it is like living an RPG... we love it... there is 4 of us...Cheyenne Alannah Fraiser (me), younger sister of Janet. Raven Carter, daughter of Sam Carter and also Leiandra and Asuka, Jack's twin girls... now its all very intricate and complicated but we have fun with it anyway... it is our own alternate universe

Lives? Of course we have lives? I live in Colorado Springs. I'm a Major in the USAF as an Aerospace Engineer. I work at Cheyenne Mountain on a highly classified project. It's all very complicated.... and I work with an outstanding group of individuals. If you had clearance I'd tell you more... So, see I have a very nice life thank you very much! Sorry I have to run, but I'm meeting Lt. Col. Carter to discuss some very interesting scientific findings. Gotta run before the mess is out of peach jell-o yum my favorite!
    This is great.
    I told ya.
    I can't believe we didn't do this years ago.
    Well, let's not dwell.

Comment

Originally posted by mishy_mo
      that link won't work for me is any one else having trouble???

Yeah - I couldn't link up either - bummer!
      This is great.
      I told ya.
      Well, let's not dwell.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
        Hello everyone!!!!!!!

(((((((BeaC))))))) glad you're feeling better! I missed your PMs!!!!!

Anywho...computer's going to die soon...It's now 3.30 and I've been online since 1.30...and I've only just caught up because my computer's going so slow.

FIC UPDATE FIC UPDATE FIC UPDATE

IN BETWEEN the THREADS - Chapter Two - IN BETWEEN her SHIFTS

Spoiler:
        Pete's thoughts on meeting Jacob

PLEASE READ AND REVIEW!!!!!!!
        I'm loving your fan fic but I want more I'm greedy like that.
        Now I'm going to read Lunars

Oh and btw my Video is up, hope you like it.

Forget About The World- By Gabrielle click on my site.

Comment

OK - I'm confessing....

I tried hard - really I did - but I fell -hard- off the no spoiler for Threads thing... I so caved - gave in - subcombed - and got drenched with spoilers - aahhhhhh - what a way to go........

HOpe you guys don't think less of me...but "resistance was futile" I should have known that I wouldn't be strong enough to resist... but hey - what was I thinkin' in the first place - yeah right - I go for how many years living/eating/breathing spoilers only to try and stop now - yeah right - so not gonna happen!

Caty1's pics pushed me over the edge!!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!

OK - I'm off to write shippy fic! Later gaters!
          I love you guys!

Sincerely

GateSeeker2
          This is great.
          I told ya.
          Well, let's not dwell.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
            I'm loving your fan fic but I want more I'm greedy like that.
            Now I'm going to read Lunars

Oh and btw my Video is up, hope you like it.

Forget About The World- By Gabrielle click on my site.
            omg ur vids are great, I have not seen threads so I am sitting here all giggly over the threads bits, and how do u get to see cathys pics cuz I can't seem to find them lol!!!

True Love! <3 True Love! <3

Comment

Suekay, I loved the next chapter! More please, please, please!!
              For those that asked, I have written other fics... they're mostly unfinished WIPS or Discworld based but they're all on fanfiction.net. If you click on my name my profile comes up and they're all listed.
              http://www.fanfiction.net/u/328489/
              Should take you where you need to go!
              Thank you for your kind reviews.

Comment

Hey guys!! Go to school for a couple hours and then have 10 pages to catch up on!!

Random Question: I think someone said this before the other thread disappeared, but did I hear some say that Jack reffered to Jacob as Dad? Most likely jokingly, but I don't remember this and just wondering because as I watch season three non-stop I could see Jack as doing that.

Yeah, sorry for the random question! lol
                Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Originally posted by Jane

omg ur vids are great, I have not seen threads so I am sitting here all giggly over the threads bits, and how do u get to see cathys pics cuz I can't seem to find them lol!!!

I have no pics ...2 long clips of threads and a Thread music video (Sam and jack's love story ) on a few songs of Enya ...which I put up yesterday but my site is down at the moment ...Too popular I suppose!!!! ...so hopefully it will be back up tomorrow

Will let everyone know when back up

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
                    Hey guys!! Go to school for a couple hours and then have 10 pages to catch up on!!

Random Question: I think someone said this before the other thread disappeared, but did I hear some say that Jack reffered to Jacob as Dad? Most likely jokingly, but I don't remember this and just wondering because as I watch season three non-stop I could see Jack as doing that.

Yeah, sorry for the random question! lol
                    Yeh, thats what i thought, when does Jack call jacob dad? I can't remember seeing that at all.

All of you guys fanfics are brilliant!

I hope in Mobius
                    Spoiler:
                    we get lots of nice THIS REALITY Sam and Jack moments that'd be good, it'd be a bit of an anti-climax after Threads if nothing happened

--Tan

Comment

Lives? Of course we have lives? I live in Colorado Springs. I'm a Major in the USAF as an Aerospace Engineer. I work at Cheyenne Mountain on a highly classified project. It's all very complicated.... and I work with an outstanding group of individuals. If you had clearance I'd tell you more... So, see I have a very nice life thank you very much! Sorry I have to run, but I'm meeting Lt. Col. Carter to discuss some very interesting scientific findings. Gotta run before the mess is out of peach jell-o yum my favorite!
                      i love that idea... we are all undercover in high school in Australia. working on some new top secret "stuff" and everything...
                      we started our universe 44 or 5 years ago when we first found out that we all liked Stargate... we were drawn to one another... as all shippers are... We recently held a wedding for Sam and Jack at a nearby lake... it was beautiful...(god are we pathetic)... it was alot of fun... then we had the receptionat my house... watching old faves and the like

Comment

Katkin Thanks.I though your comments on
                        Spoiler:
                        Threads were right on and I'am dissapointed some people though you were bringing everyone down.I remember many Shippers saying the Sam and Pete Kisses and Bedroom Scene upped the Ante with the Sam and Jack Ship.I still want to see those same things for Sam and Jack and nothing will change my Mind.

Comment

Looks like my site is back on

Try downloading the Threads Music video :

"Only time , carribean blue, Journey, fairytale" (Enya)

The Sam and Jack love story

But please DO NOT Left click ...RIGHT CLICK ONLY and SAVE TARGET AS .......so that at least you have it in your PC if the site goes down again. ...and watch it from your PC afterwards not the website

Thank you ...Enjoy

caty
                          Last edited by Catysg1; 11 February 2005, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Downloading now Caty

Comment

Unfortunatly Mozilla is not fond of right-clicking. There is no "save target as" so I know I am grateful that you have the other page pop-up with the download link there... Normally if you want to download with Mozilla, you click it normally and it asks you wether you would like to open it or save to disk.
                              Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                                I'm glad too!!!

Spoiler:
                                Here are my 2 cents on the break-up scene:

I have to admit: at first I thought his reaction was strange.
                                I mean, for being such a contol-freak/stalker/slightly agressive person, he was suprisingly calm and reasonable. (btw, I think that's also what Sam thought when she said: "That's it?....... "It's just, I thought you would react differently....")

But now, I see it differently. When Pete says: "I knew from the beginning. Guess I just thought that when you said yes that... that you were worth the risk." he makes clear that he always had doubts that Sam's feelings for him are the same as his for her and even acknowledges that it was a risk!!!

I always thought it was extremely rush of him to make a proposal after only one year (?) relationship (and they have rarely seen each other!) and to buy that house, but it's obvious now, that he did that because deep within him he had major doubts about the stability of their relationship.
                                So IMO this was nothing more than his desperate and ineffective attempt to bind her to him!

Looking back, I have to say I don't hate Pete that much anymore.
                                I'm feeling even a bit sorry for him.
                                I think he is psychic unstable and has major self-doubts. IMHO there are several scenes which prove his extreme insecurity and his low self-esteem.

For example his encounter with Jacob: I mean... sure...everyone is nervous and wants to make the best possible impression, but come on...he acted like a complete idiot!!!

And when he freaked out, because Sam didn't want to tell him about her job in Chimera....
                                I can't see why he should have been that angry about it.
                                I think he felt rejected! That is typical for that kind of people: that they freak out when they feel rejected because of something (and they easily feel rejected, because of their non existing self-esteem.)

And all his stalker-behaviour.... a man who is self-confident and and is sure about his relationship doesn't need to control and "spy out" his girlfriend, does he?

That he says "Don't say I deserve better. Can't get much better then you." seems to be nice of him, but to be honest: I think it's just another proof for this theory. The whole time of their relationship he has always seem to be in awe of Sam.
                                I don't think he saw himself as equal to her (smart boy!).

All this is the typical behaviour of some persons, who have problems with extreme insecurity and a low self-esteem.
                                They gain self-confidence by having a relationship and define themselves and their worth by their partners. Sad, but true.
                                And I honestly think Pete is this kind of person and that this is the reason, why he has acted this way.

And that is also the reason why he accepts Sam's decision, without trying to "fight for their love" (what you would expect of someone who loves you, don't you?).
                                He saw that coming.
                                He felt the whole time, that he wasn't able to give her what she needed and wanted.
                                The break-up scene in Threads is not point where he realizes that fact, he has realized that long time before, it's just the point where he is finally forced to acknowledge it.
                                So he knows there is nothing to rescue anymore. He has done everything he could to bind her to him, but he knows - no matter what he will do - that she will never really love him.
                                And I think that's the reason for his reaction to Sam's decision.

Just MHO

But who cares? What matters is, that
                                Spoiler:
                                he is gone!!!!!!

Oh My God, you just described my first boyfriend!!!!

ROFLMAO!

Maybe that's why I hated the character so much!! LOL

Seriously, though... that's an excellent evaluation, and I don't think I'd ever have gotten over my loathing enough to see things that way. Still can't say I like the guy... But I will give much bigger Kudos to DDL, because, as you pointed out, he did a great job of portraying that personality type.

Ah the foolish choices a lonely girl will make!
                                Love and hot fudge,
                                Bren Ren
                                ~
                                My stories!
                                ~

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X