Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack has taken a lot of flak too. Some of the comments regarding him have been as bad or worse. There are a lot of slashers out there who forgive him more easily though if he smiles or hugs the "right" person. No offense to slashers. I'm just saying I've read a lot of Jack bashing too.
    sigpic
    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
      So sick. So very very sick. But it's a great excuse to crawl into bed and watch Threads for the 6th time. Well, the 6th time watching it completely though. I've rewatched just my favorite parts more times than I can count.
      Is it bad to say me too?
      I actually know the exact time on the vid that
      Spoiler:
      the s/j hug is

That's bad, isn't it... ?

Comment

Originally posted by Katkin
        Hey Wynter! Where did you hear Moebius would be screened back-to-back? My [admittedly crappy] TV listings freesheet just shows the normal hour-long slot for next week.

And just to show how crappy it is, at 9pm it lists: Stargate Atlantis: A look at the UK’s favourite small cars. Or something like that!
        Really? Back to back?? My sky guide def. says just part one of two...
        Oh I hope it is back to back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
          Gotta make a fic recommedation here, I just finished reading the most awesome follow-up to Threads that I could possibly imagine. It's a three-part story by Jo R--"Loose Ends", "Knots", and "All Tied Up". She is one the very best ship writers out there, and she really did a bang-up job on this! Go read it!!!

"Loose Ends": http://randomramblings.faithweb.com/fanfiction/looseends.htm
          "Knots: http://randomramblings.faithweb.com/fanfiction/knots.htm
          "All Tied Up": http://randomramblings.faithweb.com/fanfiction/alltiedup.htm

Happy Shipping!!!
          Thanks BrenRen. I always love Jo.R.'s writings and I needed some fic to read at work. {giggle} Oops. Shhhh...don't tell my boss. TGIF!!!
          "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
          "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
          Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
          Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
          "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
          Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
          Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
          (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

I've watched threads three times...but I've watched the ship scenes about four or five times.

Spoiler:
            I still really feel sorry for Pete, and I wasn't expecting too
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              i've only watched it twice dog gone it
              i have watch it uh wait have not watch it i hate the scifi channel you guys are luck;y

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                I agree.
                Spoiler:
                part of what ticked me off with Chimera was that if it had been Jack, Daniel or Teal'c that had the same relationship Sam did and their "significant" other had pulled that-there would be no end to how used the boys were and how terrible the woman was-well-it would have been handled differently-and Sam once again gets scr*** St. Jack and St. Daniel could do no wrong-and not St. Teal'c. The boys in vancouver had gone out of their way to put Sam in a bad light-and it looks like there will be no end to the bad press she will get becaue of Threads. Jack had a relationship with someone he worked with-gee-and it is okay? Why-because it wasn't Sam. And now that Pete knows all about the SGC-gonna be Sam's fault if Pete decides to go public-wouldn't it? Bah humbug!

k-i have had my rant.
                And you made a very good point earlier, it is always the woman that is the betrayer in this show. Sam betrayed, Jack, Pete, even Fifth.
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  I've watched threads three times...but I've watched the ship scenes about four or five times.

Spoiler:
                  I still really feel sorry for Pete, and I wasn't expecting too
                  Same here sueKay, before that episode i was happily munching my Potato Head crisps so contentedly but when
                  Spoiler:
                  Sam and Pete had the little talk and Pete left, i felt bad for him, i haven't been able to eat my crisps the same since.....

--Tan

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                    And you made a very good point earlier, it is always the woman that is the betrayer in this show. Sam betrayed, Jack, Pete, even Fifth.
                    That whole mysoginistic thing they have going on is really annoying.
                    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

I'm not going to say how many times I have seen Threads I've just made a Video for it, I'm now trying to upload it, I'll let you know when it's done.
                      Oh and don't forget Im still new to this.

Comment

Originally posted by scaryperson
                        Same here sueKay, before that episode i was happily munching my Potato Head crisps so contentedly but when
                        Spoiler:
                        Sam and Pete had the little talk and Pete left, i felt bad for him, i haven't been able to eat my crisps the same since.....

--Tan
                        just close your eyes. and repeat after me
                        Spoiler:
                        they are only potato crisps, they are only potato crisps.
                        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                          just close your eyes. and repeat after me
                          Spoiler:
                          they are only potato crisps, they are only potato crisps.
                          I'll try ! And, they are actually made to be very healthy for you.......

*Trying not to remember why I bought them*

lol
                          --Tan

Comment

Juat remember - potatohead crisps taste nice... do not
                            Spoiler:
                            feel sorry for them as some of us do for their namesake...
                            It is their destiny to be eaten.
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2258976/1/
                              My own little Threads fic. Major Moebius spoiler-based-spec in it too.
                              Hope you enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Katkin
                                Yep, I expect that wardrobe lady is collecting her pink slip as we speak!!! AT is a stunning laydee but that outfit made her look like a cross between Camilla Park Your Bowels and Martha Stewart Dying.
                                Spoiler:
                                Oh yes, I agree. That outfit was terrible!
                                But I loved the top she was wearing, when she broke up with Pete!
                                I think that blue suits her well!

Just my 2 cents on the fashion topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X