Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tried to do a qick reply to you Ship Daddy and once again I have been getting the error message.

Here goes another attempt. I really hope that you are correct that we will get a positive resolution. I am reading that TPTB are considering more seasons. The reason I am concerned about this is that the writers may keep the boyfriend scenario around to prolong angst. If that is the case, then they may just phase out the 'feelings and emotions' of Jack and Sam to compensate for RDA's lack of presence.

Jeez, will someone please smack me upside the head to get out of this mindset? Once again, sorry for the pessimism.

Chris

Comment

Alas, my favorite show "Stargate SG-1" seems to have become the show!!!
      WTF???
      Mebey TPTB could make another spin-off and give him his own show where he can "stalk" all the girlfriends he wants and leave my show the hell alone!
      *feeling snarkey this morning people!

On a more positive note:
      spoilers

If Carter talked herself into this crap in "Grace" perhaps in "Gemini" she can talk some sense into herself???

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by zabbugh
        <snip>
        Jeez, will someone please smack me upside the head to get out of this mindset? Once again, sorry for the pessimism.

Chris
        No.................all you need is a Shipper Family hug.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Chris)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

and a cookie or two.... blue perhaps????
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Hey everybody!

Once again I have been having a heck of a time getting through. I keep getting error messages. It seems I can only access this forum late at night.
          <snip>
          Sorry about the long post, I have had a he$$ of a time getting in here and had to say my piece.

Chris
          For the prior 2 weeks I've had the same problems when trying to access the site through my ISP (AOL). Error mssgs galore (site not found <esp. angering when you'd already managed to land on a site page & only wanted to go to the next pg!>, script error boxes, & the occasional time out or 1/2 the stuff is little red boxes!). I tried clearing the temp. internet files thing (GW's suggestion), doing an AOL adapter reinstall thing (AOL's suggestion) & now (for 3 days) have been accessing GW with NO problems through the Microsoft Internet Explorer......... Go figure. I don't know what ISP you have, but you might want to try it. The only time the MIE hasn't worked this week was when the site itself had an issue & noone could get in. So you're not alone...count me amongst your GW family who had the same access problems.....don't give up! (And no need to apologize - ranting about our persistent & valiant efforts to come back & visit is the first thing we've all done once we regain access! )
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I just tried to do a qick reply to you Ship Daddy and once again I have been getting the error message.

Here goes another attempt. I really hope that you are correct that we will get a positive resolution. I am reading that TPTB are considering more seasons. The reason I am concerned about this is that the writers may keep the boyfriend scenario around to prolong angst. If that is the case, then they may just phase out the 'feelings and emotions' of Jack and Sam to compensate for RDA's lack of presence.

Chris
            (((((((((((((((((((Chris))))))))))))))))))

I have good news..........If they wanted to end Sam and Jack, they would have done it with "Chimera". From the start of Season 7, TPTB knew RDA's schedule would be even more reduced in Season 8. I'm sure the negotiations for Season 9 are under way. Whether or not there is a Season 9 will probably determine when Sam and Jack will be together.

See my glass is COMPLETELY full and bubbly!

I just dropped a few blue shipper cookies in.

Token ~

Comment

Chris
              *Thwap* feel better?

nah, just kidding!

((((((((((((((((Chris)))))))))))))))))

It's gonna be okay! I figure it this way--they'll either get them together (what we want) or they'll do something to totally P*$$ us all off and we'll change the channel (heresy, I know but I'm still feeling a bit snarky). I think it's about that simple. I'm thinking BCM is right though--they'll get them together. How much we'll have to live through between now and then, who knows? But the cookies are warm and the liquor store is close so I'll be okay for at least a while.
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                WTF???
                Mebey TPTB could make another spin-off and give him his own show where he can "stalk" all the girlfriends he wants and leave my show the hell alone!
                [snip]
                waterfall
                ROFL!!! SNARK it up, girlfriend!!!

Snaps to Waterfall!!

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                  I said the same thing Token.It does not matter if TPTB or certain actors want it or not but New Order must be shippy or the Lost City was a waste of time and a lie.While Lost City was not as good as far as Ship as I would have liked Sam's actions toward Jack must followed up with more Ship in New Order.I hope that makes sense.
                  Possible spoilers for Season 7
                  Perfect sense! TPTB could have ended the "Lost City" with a team shot. There was no other excuse to show Sam and Jack ANGT except to reaffirm the love between Sam and Jack. And I do mean "LOVE" because "deep caring" doesn't mean putting your hand on the ice and looking like your heart has been ripped out. TPTB wrote, directed, and edited that scene the way they wanted. It was not our imagination. Now if there is no ship between Sam and Jack in "New Order" there still should be shippy scenes ie. "Heroes 1" and "Paradise Lost". JMHO

Have a cookie and pull up a deck chair....this Ship is sailing on!!!!!!!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally Posted by waterfall
                    WTF???
                    [snip]
                    waterfall
                    (((((((((((((((((waterfall))))))))))))))))

So good to see you and your sig! Ahhh!! Love your idea for a spin-off; I would so watch that....NOT!

You keep the snark going. I enjoy snarking just as much as a good rant. of course in a totally positive way

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ice^^Heat
                      Nice reply Marimba

I just wish we could see them spent time together offbase... What would they do? What would they talk about?
                      Hmm, well we know that Sam is a bit of an adrenaline junky and likes to unwind by working on things mechanical and riding her bike. Jack, on the other hand, seems to prefer to kick back on his downtime. These aspects are canon and are probably why a lot of people see them as not very compatible. But we all know that there is much more to a relationship than doing things together all of the time. Especially these two people. I think that they both value their privacy and would be respectful of the others need for it. I don't think that those two dissimilar activities would be enough to keep them apart. It's not like that is all there is to do in this world...or in theirs. We, the viewer, just haven't been shown it.
                      On an emotional level, I believe there are a lot of ways that they are very much alike. Jack's just a bit more battle scarred than Sam. Like Marimba pointed out, they are both very passionate people. Both are loyal to a fault and compassionate and stubborn. They are both military and have that same mindset and it certainly has been shown that Sam appreciates Jack's humor. I believe they understand each other very well and have very similar values. As to what they would say and do together, that is hard to say. We have seen much more of Jack's true reactions to Sam than the other way around. She, more often than not, can't be as open around him. The military thing, you see - respect, obedience and all of that. I doubt though that they would have trouble finding things to say and do together outside of work. They both appear to be too open minded to limit themselves to just a few activities and interests. Besides, there is one thing that we know they would like to do together.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
                        Hmm, well we know that Sam is a bit of an adrenaline junky and likes to unwind by working on things mechanical and riding her bike. Jack, on the other hand, seems to prefer to kick back on his downtime. These aspects are canon and are probably why a lot of people see them as not very compatible. But we all know that there is much more to a relationship than doing things together all of the time. Especially these two people. I think that they both value their privacy and would be respectful of the others need for it. I don't think that those two dissimilar activities would be enough to keep them apart. It's not like that is all there is to do in this world...or in theirs. We, the viewer, just haven't been shown it.
                        On an emotional level, I believe there are a lot of ways that they are very much alike. Jack's just a bit more battle scarred than Sam. Like Marimba pointed out, they are both very passionate people. Both are loyal to a fault and compassionate and stubborn. They are both military and have that same mindset and it certainly has been shown that Sam appreciates Jack's humor. I believe they understand each other very well and have very similar values. As to what they would say and do together, that is hard to say. We have seen much more of Jack's true reactions to Sam than the other way around. She, more often than not, can't be as open around him. The military thing, you see - respect, obedience and all of that. I doubt though that they would have trouble finding things to say and do together outside of work. They both appear to be too open minded to limit themselves to just a few activities and interests. Besides, there is one thing that we know they would like to do together.
                        The way Sam responds to Jack's humour, and Jack's IS interested in her interests because he wanted to impress her with that crossword puzzle.

Because they are so different, they find each other interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                          For the prior 2 weeks I've had the same problems when trying to access the site through my ISP (AOL). Error mssgs galore (site not found <esp. angering when you'd already managed to land on a site page & only wanted to go to the next pg!>, script error boxes, & the occasional time out or 1/2 the stuff is little red boxes!). I tried clearing the temp. internet files thing (GW's suggestion), doing an AOL adapter reinstall thing (AOL's suggestion) & now (for 3 days) have been accessing GW with NO problems through the Microsoft Internet Explorer......... Go figure. I don't know what ISP you have, but you might want to try it. The only time the MIE hasn't worked this week was when the site itself had an issue & noone could get in. So you're not alone...count me amongst your GW family who had the same access problems.....don't give up! (And no need to apologize - ranting about our persistent & valiant efforts to come back & visit is the first thing we've all done once we regain access! )

Thanks for the advice! I am an AOL user and have explorer. It seems to be working like a charm now. Go Figure!

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                            (((((((((((((((((waterfall))))))))))))))))

So good to see you and your sig! Ahhh!! Love your idea for a spin-off; I would so watch that....NOT!

You keep the snark going. I enjoy snarking just as much as a good rant. of course in a totally positive way
                            Just found this nice little smiley as a wish for Ptui--

I can see him going down the drain!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                              Just found this nice little smiley as a wish for Ptui--

I can see him going down the drain!
                              Down the drain? I thought that was a plot hole
                              ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                              The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                                spoilers [s8 Gemini]

If Carter talked herself into this crap in "Grace" perhaps in "Gemini" she can talk some sense into herself???
                                Okay I've read some spoilers and all I can say is that I don't think the two Sam's in Gemini will be talking too much, and if they are I highly doubt they'll be talking about Jack
                                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Working...
                                X