X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1
    Oh yeah ..and ..and ...and ..the clone Sam can have Pete

Caty
    nononononono...no Sam (or part or whatever) in this reality or any other should 'have ' Sam should have nothing to do with ...except maybe giving him a black eye

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
    ~Imzadi
    describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
    Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      Feel free to rant away!

I don't think even the NASTIEST of bad guys have gotten this much publicity!!!!!!!!!! It's like they REFUSE to admit what a CREEP he is--so they're cramming him down out throats!!!! In fact--I'm not sure DANIEL got this much publicity when he came back at the beginning of S7!! They seem to be putting out a DELUGE of biblical proportions to get us to accept him!! Well, NO WAY! NO HOW!! NOT GONNA DO IT!!
      yeah, I dislike him MORE AND MORE the more they chatter about how great he is...

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial serpent guard armor, waving a staff weapon> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
      ~Imzadi

Comment

hmmm..I can't get onto gateworld directly; I've been looking it up on yahoo and going to the RDA interview, then here...its working so far...

neat, S8 trailers! But they sound wierd...not like the second half of S7...the staff blast, eulogy, kiss...what a teaser!!!!!

//Not to mention the fact that this whole arc has both sides of the fence complaining that she's not the character she once was //

hey, TPTB got us to agree!

~Imzadi

Comment

I agree 100% ShipNana.Dreams and a double Sam just do not cut it anymore.We all know Sam and Jack Love each each by now.Tell us or even better show us something we do not know.If this was Season 3 I could put up with Dreams but this is Season 8 and we need to make every Sam and Jack moment count.The Sam and Pete relationship is bad enough but it will be much worse if we have to wait till the very end to get Sam and Jack together.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            No amount of spinning will make 'that' happen for me. PS was doomed for me the moment he was mentioned, and that's before they even wrote the ep.<g> Really, I didn't want him, his purpose, his storyline, or his time. He could sacrifice himself heroically and I'd be yelling at him 'Don't get blood on Sam's uniform! Jeez!' <g>

Sally
            ROTFLMAO Aunt Sally!

and I loved the Alias finale...see, if stargate did Sam and Jack like Syd and Vaughn...well, they'd've been together ages ago

~Imzadi

Comment

I also agree.I cannot take anymore interviews either.Unless the Pete character is not mentioned.I also do not want Jack to ask Sam to go fishing again.Sam missed her chance.I want Sam to be the one to ask to go fishing.Jack has done enough to show Sam how much he loves her.Sam needs to make it up to Jack after the Pete fiasco.Jack has been very supportive of Sam and Sam needs to be the one to get them together.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                Just a little waxing philosophic here,
                OK, I should know better at this point, but I was checking out other threads. Why?? you might well ask...initially I was interested in searching out other viewpoints, ideas, and discussions on SG1. Then, as always, I was drawn back to my fav topic, the wonderful world of Ship (specifically, Sam and Jack's). Now, I hesitate to disparage anyone elses' opinions, but I truly don't understand how anyone can NOT see the chemistry AT and RDA have with each other. For example, I recently read several posts that referred to their LACK of chemistry. FCOL, what do they need, a 2 megaton hygrogen bomb explosion?? If the chemistry was any more palpable, our tv screens would start to drip perspiration. .

Tell me, my shipper family, are we delusional? Have we watched too many music vids, read too many fanfics? Or is ship REALLY in the eye of the beholder?

bemusedly, Di

Gotta agree with you. I have never shipped any other show before Stargate. When the show moved to the Sci-Fi channel and I was able to watch it regularly, the Sam and Jack relationship just jumped out at me: two lovely actors (have always loved RDA, never heard of AT before the show) playing two great characters = lots of sex appeal. I found it obvious that the show's creators want the viewer to see it as well. Action and romance, after all, are two key ingredients to any successful show. TPTB just don't hit you over the head with the relationship. After all, Stargate was never intended to be a romantic show. But to think that there is no chemistry between the two actors or their characters...that befuddles me. The kiss in Chimera was sooo sensual and erotic and the hugs in Heros and Death Knell spoke volumes as well. Maybe those viewers who don't see the chemistry just don't particularly like one of the two actors and/or characters or they confuse some of the tense/argumentative/angsty moments as the two characters not liking each other or being very compatible.

Comment

Unfortunately they aren't considering what it looks like for the character of Sam and how bad it makes her look, by putting up with his behavior. Not to mention the fact that this whole arc has both sides of the fence complaining that she's not the character she once was
                  Your right Shipper Daddy, and I'm not so sure that they even intend to address any of that. That is probably one of the reasons why Pete is such a big interview topic these days. If we're lucky, there might be a throw away line somewhere.

Spoilers: Season 7 - Chimera
                  I personally didn't care for the closing scene the most. Aside from the fact that I felt that they had Sam telling Pete much more than he needed to know, the whole dance photo gift scene was soooo saccarine and soap-operaish. It was a scene that should have been played out (if they felt that it was so necessary to the storyline) anywhere but in the bowels of the SGC. The photo thing was just way too much. It really rubbed me the wrong way. IMHO that whole scene did a disservice to the character and to the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
                    Your right Shipper Daddy, and I'm not so sure that they even intend to address any of that. That is probably one of the reasons why Pete is such a big interview topic these days. If we're lucky, there might be a throw away line somewhere.

Spoilers: Season 7 - Chimera
                    I personally didn't care for the closing scene the most. Aside from the fact that I felt that they had Sam telling Pete much more than he needed to know, the whole dance photo gift scene was soooo saccarine and soap-operaish. It was a scene that should have been played out (if they felt that it was so necessary to the storyline) anywhere but in the bowels of the SGC. The photo thing was just way too much. It really rubbed me the wrong way. IMHO that whole scene did a disservice to the character and to the show.
                    I agree with everything you've said here. I think the "romantic" scenes are awful, and it may have something to do with the writers being male. It seems to me that they are writing this stuff with the idea that this is what us girls would want. Well, no...not this gal! The kiss in Grace had more love, passion and eroticism in it than all the love scenes in THAT episide!!
                    sigpic

Comment

I think this is a very interesting topic. I think it's in the eye of the beholder. Amanda and DDL have said that they have chemistry together, but I don't feel it. And I use the word 'feel' on purpose. Warren Beatty and Annette Benning are married, so they obviously have chemistry together. And I don't feel it between them. I've seen them together in a movie and was left cold. The moment I saw Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger together, I felt their chemistry lept off the screen. I found out that they started having an affair during the shoot and later ended up marrying. Now, they're divorced now <g>, but that chemistry was there! For me. So it really doesn't bother me when ppl say they don't see the S/J or A/R chemistry, because it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Sally
                      For me, it's in their eyes. DDL and Warren Beatty both have sort of lifeless eyes. I noticed that about DDL right away. He has a cute smile, but dull, sleepy looking eyes. I always thought that Warren Beatty was very good looking, but his eyes never talked to you. Expressive eyes say a lot. They give a body life.

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50

HAHAHAHAHA! Now THAT picture I could have stomached.

Comment

Have to agree here - every time I read a new interview with AT defending Mr. P. it makes me ill... It seems that she's defending the bad joke of the Black widow curse now that's it's turned ugly (why did they have to give Sam's love life a chance in the first place?) and along with that, she's defending DDL, the actor.
                          Yes, me too. I've tried to quit reading her stuff lately, I'm tired of watching her change direction with the wind!

Anyway, I don't do rants well... But these irritating things do tend to make me react in silly ways....
                          React away!

Those potatohead pics are a stroke of genius!
                          Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                          Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                          Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

I didn't post this part because it's been there/done that now. It's *so* nice to have some PRO Sam/Jack stuff written to even out the misery. <g>

Those pesky regs! *sticks tongue out at ol' meanie regs*

Never say never my shipper friend. Right 'now' it'll be done as to not offend the regs, but when bf and the circumstances for keeping them apart are gone... LOOK OUT!

I believe we will! Might have to surf some stormy seas (regs), incur a hurricane (bf), and ride out a dead calm (the writers anal need to stretch out scenarios till your ears bleed), but I think we'll get our shippy ending. PLEASE!

Sally

I ultimately agree with you. So just tie me to the mast and let's set sail!!!
                            Ship Nana

Comment

I've got the life belts to help us on our way.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                                I also agree.I cannot take anymore interviews either.Unless the Pete character is not mentioned.I also do not want Jack to ask Sam to go fishing again.Sam missed her chance.I want Sam to be the one to ask to go fishing.Jack has done enough to show Sam how much he loves her.Sam needs to make it up to Jack after the Pete fiasco.Jack has been very supportive of Sam and Sam needs to be the one to get them together.
                                Not only that but there needs to be way more than just a fishing invitation and acceptance. After as has been said many times, the stakes have been raised significantly.

We never expected to see Sam in bed with anyone. It would have been nice had it been Jack, but we weren't expecting anything like that with the Sam/Jack relationship. But now that TPTB have opened the door on this kind of scene, I want much more for Sam and Jack.

Something like this would be nice also.

Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X