X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liebestraume

Ohhh, can I play, too? <------ not big Laira-fan

In addition to what Tame said, I think the whole build-up about Laira has been that she is (or, rather, supposed to be) a strong and giving woman. We saw her in one ep and that's all we knew about her prior to the ending. So, her hesitation is especially disappointing because it means she was entertaining the possibility of leaving her people stranded on Earth (and Endoran families separated) in order to keep Jack stranded on Endora with her and for her -- this is not strong nor giving.
    That aspect bothered me too. That she was willing to allow all of the other families on Endora to suffer poosibly, for her own gain.
    I realize she didn't in the end....but it showed a flaw of character that I would have rather not seen given the way they ended the show.
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Token
      I've never seen Maybourne as an angel, but he could be useful for Sam and Jack......

BTW..That reminds me of a good fic that deals with "Paradise Lost" with a different twist.

"Paradise Redeemed" by Sue Corkill
      http://sjhw.net/tolerance/paradise.htm
      TOKEN ! This is so adorable!!!!!! We get our smilies at the same place..... I guess we just find different ones to keep our shipper family in giggles

I can so see maybourne doing this
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Of course our feeeeeeeeeeelings make us do stupid things; chances are, my distaste for Laira is imparing my reasoning as we speak.

Although Jack and Laira both "suffered momentary lapses," I think the key difference lies in the cause for the said lapse. Much of Jack's life has been spent trying to protect his team, and here he has to kill one of his own. So, the worst one can say about his motivation is that he is, perhaps, a little selfish because he loathes to sacrifice his friend's life -- or, the life of a woman he loves but knows he cannot have -- in order to secure the base. In any case, his primary concern is for Sam, not for himself. This is in direct contrast to Laira, who knew Jack might choose to leave if given the option. By trying to take that choice away from him, she showed her concern was only for herself.
        I just realized in my post to BCM that regardless of the fact that Laira did what was right in the end, the fact that she waited so long really did change my overall opinion of her. So it really made it harder to watch Jack shun his team at the end of the show after Sam had basically drained herself physically to get him home. That Laira would be willing to put her desires before an entire community was a hard pill to swallow. She didn't in the end BUT she had TO THINK about it. Jack and SG-1 all seem to be about "How do we sacrifice for the team" so it was hard to watch Jack treat the team badly as well.
        I do think that because Jack slept with Laira he felt a sense of obligation that would not have been there the day before. But I also feel that Laira pushed Jack for that as well. I feel she pushed for him to *get on withit* because SHE wanted to *get on with it* I felt that throughout the time she had him to herself. She may have been a nice woman overall but I think she was a bit desperate to bind Jack to her as well.
        However, she did bow out gracefully in the end, so I do grant her some portion of creditibilty back.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          I just realized in my post to BCM that regardless of the fact that Laira did what was right in the end, the fact that she waited so long really did change my overall opinion of her.
          I think the fact that she waited at all initially bothered me somewhat because generosity had been her biggest selling point till then. Then, upon reflecting her reasons, I thought even less of her: her excuse is apparently her love for Jack; yet, had she really loved him, she'd automatically placed his happiness abover her own -- not whole a lot of moral debate should be required.
          In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            My feelings on this are that RCC is saying the S/J ship 'will' be resolved. I felt the way he worded it - "To a certain extent I hope
            that fans will feel that at the end of this season that a lot the
            threads and storylines that ... they want to see resolved will be
            resolved," - was a way of hinting about the S/J storyline,
            since 'that's' the most talked about 'wanting to be resolved'
            storyline there is. Also, his quote - "We also are not going to
            completely end the show." - gave me the impression that certain
            things about the show would be handled/resolved, but the basic
            scenario wouldn't: Sg-1, missions, the gate, so on. Jack could retire
            by the end of season 8, be with Sam, but 'still' be brought back when
            the movie(s) come about. At least that's the impression I got from
            his interview. I read their words used *very* carefully now, because
            I feel they're wording their interviews as such.<g>

Sally
            I certainly hope that your right Sally. Like I said I was feeling slightly pessimistic today. I just hope that if they do resolve the ship that it's a happy resolution. I would really hate 8 years of UST and high hopes to end badly. Plus I'm not a huge fan of open-ended season finales. With the exeption of Angel, which I thought was fitting (darn WB). This extra long wait in between seasons is taking it's toll. It should have started already darn it! I just worry too because it sounds like a lot of TPTB are backtracking on the whole ship thing lately. Used to be in interviews and chats they and the actors would say how they would love Sam and Jack to go fishing and how they love each other etc. and lately it seems like a lot of Sam needs to move on and it will never be the Sam/Jack hour blah blah blah.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I think the fact that she waited at all initially bothered me somewhat because generosity had been her biggest selling point till then. Then, upon reflecting her reasons, I thought even less of her: her excuse is apparently her love for Jack; yet, had she really loved him, she'd automatically placed his happiness abover her own -- not whole a lot of moral debate should be required.
              Okay I'm out of Arguments
              except that it makes good drama and angst and the tension...

Is Laira going to make Jack stay with her? Or will Laira tell Jack that he can go home now? Is Teal'c going to die? Has Jack lost his only chance to get home? Tune in next time... Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel... Err wrong show

Seroiusly thought I think they did that to make it "dramatic". To draw out the tension, unfortunately for Laira it makes her look kind of bad otherwise I saw her as a respectable person who had mostly good intentions.
              ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
              The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                Okay I'm out of Arguments
                except that it makes good drama and angst and the tension...

Is Laira going to make Jack stay with her? Or will Laira tell Jack that he can go home now? Is Teal'c going to die? Has Jack lost his only chance to get home? Tune in next time... Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel... Err wrong show

Seroiusly thought I think they did that to make it "dramatic". To draw out the tension, unfortunately for Laira it makes her look kind of bad otherwise I saw her as a respectable person who had mostly good intentions.
                Overall I agree with you AND Liebestraume And I really think alot of this episode was done in the manner it was for dramatic purposes as well.

Love the Batman references, I used to love the re-runs of that when I was a kid and stuck at Grandma's for the summer months. I loved the BAM and WHAMMOs that they would spin onto the screen.....

Is it July 9th yet!!!!!!!???

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                  Overall I agree with you AND Liebestraume
                  Fence sitter

Love the Batman references, I used to love the re-runs of that when I was a kid and stuck at Grandma's for the summer months. I loved the BAM and WHAMMOs that they would spin onto the screen.....
                  I watched the re-runs too, in fact I was really disapointed to learn that they cancled the show after three seasons they had just introduced Batgirl and I was all for Batman and Batgirl figuring out who each other were and getting together.

Is it July 9th yet!!!!!!!???
                  Holy Countdown, Tame! (sorry, just had to )

We've still got 11 Days till "The Lowdown: From Stargate to Atlantis"

And 15 Days till SG-1 s8

And 22 Days till Atlantis

But I'm not keeping track or anything
                  ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                  The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I wonder if somebody could help me. I would like to know where are the best episodes for shippers. I'm sorry for my bad english thanks for your answers

Comment

Well, one of the early good ones is certainly "The Broca Divide". Another would have to be a part of "Upgrades", followed by "Divide and Conquer". Oh yeah, that moment in "Window of Opportunity", and "Point of View" too which I actually haven't seen yet but am planning to soon...

I just wonder how they will conclude Sam&Jack at the end of the series. I'm sure they'll do a better job than the whole Mulder&Scully meh-asco
                      Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                      more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by caroline
                        I wonder if somebody could help me. I would like to know where are the best episodes for shippers. I'm sorry for my bad english thanks for your answers
                        Hey Caroline! *waves* WELCOME!!!don't worry about English, folks here are tolerant .They are

well, shippers can see ship in almost every episode but the most important- IMHO-are:
                        season 1:
                        Children of the gods
                        Broca divide
                        Solitudes
                        There but the Grace of God
                        season 2:
                        In the line of duty
                        Out of mind
                        season 3:
                        Into the fire
                        POV
                        100 days- fellow shippers don't kill me!
                        Nemesis
                        season 4-shipper season:
                        Small victories
                        Divide and Conquer
                        Window of Opportunity
                        Beneath the surface
                        Curse
                        Entity
                        season 5:
                        Proving ground
                        Desperate measures
                        season 6:
                        Frozen
                        Sight Unseen
                        Metamorphosis
                        Paradise Lost
                        Full circle
                        season 7:
                        Evolution p.2
                        Grace
                        Heroes p.1&2
                        The Lost City p1&2
                        There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                        sigpic
                        awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          if coop is planning on leaving the show open ended but resolving some things, part of me hopes that the ship is one thing they don't resolve, because i doubt we'd get a happy ending that way.
                          i get the distinct impression that coop is not on our ship, if ya know what i mean.
                          i can't see them leaving the s/j ship with a positive resolved ending if they want to leave it open ended, especially while coop is exec producer. maybe if it were up to BW or JM, but if they were to get another season, they'd be stuck with resolved ship, a lot of disgruntled anti shippers who refuse to watch the show, and i honestly can't see that working for them.

hopefully i'm wrong here and coop is more of a shipper than i think. i'd love to see them together by the end, or at least have them comfortable in the knowledge that they will be together by the end, and that that time is not too far away.
                          i'd like to see them be early season 4 with each other. (or prodigy, they were pretty comfy around each other there).

please make me be wrong.
                          Spoilers Season 7 Heroes:
                          I agree. I don't believe either that they will resolve the ship if that's the situation. I think there are too many questions right now concerning the Stargate franchise to resolve everything. Things like: Another year? A movie? RDA or not? Atlantis succeeding or failing? Hopefully, they will move us forward more toward that shippy end this year though. It would certainly give us all a reason to keep tuning in and to go see the movie if MGM decides to do one. I do believe they will resolve one storyline this year though. No sense keeping him around.

As to RC liking the ship. I think that he is probably of the same mind as the rest of them. Just a little, not too much (too soon). After all, wasn't he the one who said that he wrote the hug into Heroes and wasn't sure they would do it? I don't know who he meant by "they"; he didn't clarify. The director? RDA and AT? Anyway, I'd like to give him a big thank-you for that hug. It was lovely.

Comment

Sugarshaker comes out of lurkdom and waves to all the shippers!

Did anyone see RDA on Craig Kilborn last night? After RDA, Josh Schwartz of the OC was on and said that his father was a toy inventor and that he had a connection with Mr. Potato Head. According to him, the moustache on Mr. P.H. was fashioned after his father's. It was too much of a coincidence that Mr. Potato Head should be mentioned on a show only a few minutes after RDA was on. It MUST be a good omen that we are destined to be rid of our own Mr. Potato Head. Keep your fingers crossed!

sigpic
                            s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                              Sugarshaker comes out of lurkdom and waves to all the shippers!

Did anyone see RDA on Craig Kilborn last night? After RDA, Josh Schwartz of the OC was on and said that his father was a toy inventor and that he had a connection with Mr. Potato Head. According to him, the moustache on Mr. P.H. was fashioned after his father's. It was too much of a coincidence that Mr. Potato Head should be mentioned on a show only a few minutes after RDA was on. It MUST be a good omen that we are destined to be rid of our own Mr. Potato Head. Keep your fingers crossed!

Hi there Sugarshaker and a BIG

So, glad you came out to play. Remember go easy on the Shipper Cookies until your system gets adjusted.

Yep, I waited up 'till the wee hours of the morning to watch RDA. Craig Kilborn did not even know anything about Stargate and even called the show SGI instead of SG1. There was one mention of the show when Craig asked RDA something about how he had made a decision to play Jack as "slow". That was it. They mostly talked about ice hockey, and McGyver. Craig even had RDA put on a ridiculus wig to make him look like he did in the old days on McGyver. They even talked about a show plot on McGyver.

The only redeeming thing about the show was 1) Looking at RDA; and 2) they showed a REAL clip from an upcoming SG1 show. It looked like it could be from New Order Part 2.

I will insert Spoiler Space for Season 8 New Order Part 2 here just in case.
                              The clip showed Daniel and Teal'c rolling around on a ship floor trying to dodge being shot at by a man. Jack grabs a (insert technobabble here) weapon device and shoots the bad guy with some sort of force field looking wave and the guy shatters into itty, bitty pieces which look like maybe replicator pieces broken into dust.

Camera pans to one side and we see Thor sticking his head up out of hiding and he opens his big eyes and looks at Jack. Jack then looks at the weapon thingy in his hand and looks at Thor and says "Had to do something". It really was a funny scene.

I was so glad to see that Jack's humor is back this season. Looks like we may have a good season yet! It will be a GREAT season if we get our ship in as well.

And I do believe that we will get this season whatever TPTB had planned for Sam and Jack at the end of last season prior to Season 8 being confirmed. I think that they wanted some kind of more specific Sam-and-Jack-together ending than what they gave us. Maybe not as much as we would like but definitely more than what they gave us. They backed off of their plan in order to do Season 8.

In my heart of hearts, I think Season 8 will be the end of the TV series but we will probably get one or more made for TV movies in the future. And I think I am ok with this as long as they end Season 8 with Sam and Jack being together or agreeing to be together sometime in the future. Of course to me, the more ship up until that point the better!!!!
                              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by caroline
                                Well, I may not be the best person to reply since I can find ship in about anything, but I'll try to list the more obvious episodes.

Season 1-The Broca Divide, Solitudes, There but for the Grace of God, and the beginning of Politics

Season 2-In the Line of Duty, Out of Mind

Season 3-Into the Fire, Point of View, A Hundred Days (I know, but it's still shippy ), Nemesis

Season 4-Divide and Conquerer, Window of Opportunity, Beneath the Surface, Entity

Season 5-There wasn't obvious ship this season, but I saw a whole lot of subtle!

Season 6-Paradise Lost and Metamorphosis

Season 7-Grace, Heroes Pt 2, The Lost City Pt 1 & 2

Like I said, I tend to see ship in about every episode (I try REALLY hard sometimes). There are probably some I listed that people don't think were shippy and I know there are some I didn't list that other people think were. Whew! I didn't list all the ones I thought were shippy, just the ones that seemed more obvious. Everyone else feel free to add!
                                Tasha
                                JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Working...
                                X