This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
    Caty, I just watched your vid and you were right! That song is amazing and the video you made is wonderful!!!

Thank You

Thank you Sam-o-Neil

This song "I fall to pieces" is so moving cuz it's from both points of view which I thought was very interesting to do to show that both of them fall into pieces little by little cuz of their forbiden love for each other ..and being with someone else to go out with does not seem to help much either.

A lovely song to work with ..Aaron Neville may not be everyone's taste but I really like his voice ..He has a real stamp...and his duos with other women singers are always perfect ...his voice always mixes very well with a woman's voice I think that Aaron and Trisha's voices together are just perfect .

Glad you liked it

caty
    Last edited by Catysg1; 29 September 2004, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
      Hey vixen_vic! Where in Germany are you?

chatter room ..chatter room

*wink* caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        I'll be making frame by frame screen caps of all the RDA cheeks to cheeks ..hugs ect... from the lowdown as soon as I have it on tape. surely by Saturday night .

I 'm still trying to get hold of somebody who could send me the tape tomorrow morning so that I could do screen caps on Friday ..but so far ...not sure if lot's of people taped it .I didn't tape it cuz I thought it was the same as the US version. Shame

Don't worry guys ..I'll tape it on Saturday..and make screen caps straight after ..will put them all on my website somewhere and will let you know ASAP. on the same day even if I have to go to bed at 3'O CLOCK in the morning..It's for a good cause.

caty
        Caty I taped the Lowdown yesterday, I could send it tomorrow if you want. You have done a lot of things for me, I would be glad to do something for you

I'm not really that familiar with the mail service though so if I sent it first class ASAP tomorrow woudl it get to you before Saturday?

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
          Thank you Sam-o-Neil

This song "I fall to pieces" is so moving cuz it's from both points of view which I thought was very interesting to do to show that both of them fall into pieces little by little cuz of their forbiden love for each other ..and being with someone else to go out with does not seem to help much either.

A lovely song to work with ..Aaron Neville may not be every's taste but I really like his voice ..He has a real stamp...and his duos with other women singers are always perfect ...his voice always mixes very well with a woman's voice I think that Aaron and Trisha's voices together are just perfect .

Glad you liked it

caty
          The song fit perfectly and Aaron and Trisha's voices do go together very well Hopefully one day Sam and Jack will be able to get through the regs and look at each other without falling to pieces

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
            well the Bad Spell Rep Red point giver got me Again YAY!!!!

sheesh... can we say BUY A DICTIONARY!!! ok no that was not nice and I know it and I AM VERY SORRY

Well maybe by Christmas our little friend will have our rep boards looking like Christmas trees
            Hey I'll donate 1 cent for the dictionary. This was the comment for my red rep point

I wood appreciate that you did not call names to beautiful Pete

And I think Pete is a stalker creep and beautiful is not an adjective I'd use in reference to him. I am a firm believer in freedom of speech. I don't mind the red flagging lurker expressing themselves as long as they respect our right to state our opinions. end of rant
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
              Hey I'll donate 1 cent for the dictionary. This was the comment for my red rep point

I wood appreciate that you did not call names to beautiful Pete

And I think Pete is a stalker creep and beautiful is not an adjective I'd use in reference to him. I am a firm believer in freedom of speech. I don't mind the red flagging lurker expressing themselves as long as they respect our right to state our opinions. end of rant
              I think we also need to take up a collection for a eye exam and glasses.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I think that the S/J ship hasn’t touched on all the fundamentals of making shippers crazy yet strangely happy. I’ll explain by example. The X-Files had a good seven years of UST so they were experts. There’s the few basic things that will make people like us talk for months on news groups. There’s the hugs. Yes we do get a good few of them and admit it, we just love them. Then there’s the cuddling in any form. Stargate has done this well in solitudes and the old head on the shoulder in Beneath the Surface and the mutant one with Nirti. They’re great too.
                But the writers have overlooked a few of the greats. For example kisses on the cheeks. Well I know they can’t really do that because of professional...blah blah blah. But one would be like.
                Then there’s a simple face stroke or even rub on the arm when something happens. That would kind of be accectable.
                Of course there’s the talks. Well of two different types; the direct and indirect. The direct one, umm, well D and C would count I suppose and Sam’s chat with imaginary jack in Grace. But really little else. The indirect is the when the relationship is referred to and that’s not very often.
                Stargate is however overlooking one of the greats. A quick little hand hold. It’s nice, inoffensive and can be explained. I’d love someone to write a fanfic where they’re offworld and there’s some kind of big feast and for some reason jack takes her hand and then he feels her engagement ring (yeah I know she wouldn’t wear it on a mission). He turns her hand around and look at it and then pulls away and runs away. She goes after him and asks why he pulled away and they can finally have a conversation where at some point he says “Leave pete.”

Wow that was a rant and a half. Thanks for listening.

Ps the Lowdown rocked

Comment

Caty I taped the Lowdown yesterday, I could send it tomorrow if you want. You have done a lot of things for me, I would be glad to do something for you

I'm not really that familiar with the mail service though so if I sent it first class ASAP tomorrow woudl it get to you before Saturday?

Just sent you a PM.....and the UK lowdown was great ..powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to RDA and AT for Sam and Jack's sake , well being and happiness together

Caty

Comment

The song fit perfectly and Aaron and Trisha's voices do go together very well Hopefully one day Sam and Jack will be able to get through the regs and look at each other without falling to pieces

Yes they will... no doubt about that now .... RDA 'smile is so charming that Sam will not resist it ...once Jack is happy ..he won't stop smiling and she'll be in cloud 9.

Caty

Comment

Looky, looky what Mala made and let me borrow!!

(Mei Mei points to her new sig pic!!)

ROTLMAO!! I actually made it work!! *giggle* *snort* *giggle*

Comment

In one of the four pics right next to eachother, the 2nd one, which episode did that kiss happen?? I know all the other ones, just not that one. It's killing me because I thought I've seen all the "kissing eps"

Jack and Sam are meant to be!!
                        "But you in the place you're at right now, you don't have any choices. This is not your life we are talking about Jack, this is your soul!"

Comment

Originally posted by nalex1013
                          I think that the S/J ship hasn’t touched on all the fundamentals of making shippers crazy yet strangely happy. I’ll explain by example. The X-Files had a good seven years of UST so they were experts. There’s the few basic things that will make people like us talk for months on news groups. There’s the hugs. Yes we do get a good few of them and admit it, we just love them. Then there’s the cuddling in any form. Stargate has done this well in solitudes and the old head on the shoulder in Beneath the Surface and the mutant one with Nirti. They’re great too.
                          But the writers have overlooked a few of the greats. For example kisses on the cheeks. Well I know they can’t really do that because of professional...blah blah blah. But one would be like.
                          Then there’s a simple face stroke or even rub on the arm when something happens. That would kind of be accectable.
                          Of course there’s the talks. Well of two different types; the direct and indirect. The direct one, umm, well D and C would count I suppose and Sam’s chat with imaginary jack in Grace. But really little else. The indirect is the when the relationship is referred to and that’s not very often.
                          Stargate is however overlooking one of the greats. A quick little hand hold. It’s nice, inoffensive and can be explained. I’d love someone to write a fanfic where they’re offworld and there’s some kind of big feast and for some reason jack takes her hand and then he feels her engagement ring (yeah I know she wouldn’t wear it on a mission). He turns her hand around and look at it and then pulls away and runs away. She goes after him and asks why he pulled away and they can finally have a conversation where at some point he says “Leave pete.”

Wow that was a rant and a half. Thanks for listening.

Ps the Lowdown rocked
                          This was a really good rant nalex and welcome to the shipper family

it true that for the x-files the UST was great ..They were experts in holding hands , face strokes , kisses on the forehead ..it was very powerful yet they were not together .
                          The jealousy was great too and done in taste..for example in "Never again" (The tatoo episode)Mulder was jealous ..and In "Bio genesis " I think Scully was jealous of that Fowley agent ..The other one was when she met her first time she met gibson Praise .

Anyway .it would be nice to see that kind of jealousy between Sam and Jack ..they don't show it to each other first ..but we see them on their own being shattered by the other one seeing another person of the opposite sex for romance .....but still support each other , comfort each other with face strokes , hand holdings ..ect so that they get closer and the episodes after threads ...they realize they can't take it any longer and CONFESS

Caty

Comment

I just discovered I got a red rep point!! I was feeling left out!!

"u hav an persecution complex"

Huh?
                            All I said was that I wanted a shippy ending!

It was five to 12 last night though, so that would have been before Madeleine sorted them out!

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                              For the record, this is what I PM'd someone. If it happens again then please tell a moderator. We'll do some tecchy thing to stop him/her/it using the rep feature, or bombard him/her/it with red points depending on how immature we're feeling that day

Yesterday I posted a great big post in the S/J shipper thread explaining how the rep system is supposed to be used and politely asking that you stop giving negative rep to shippers just cos they talk shippilly in a shippy thread.

You haven't stopped. Is there a reason you feel compelled to do this?

Please stop it now. This is not a request, I am *telling* you to give no more negative rep in the S/J thread, or for any pro-ship posts elsewhere. If you think a post breaks forum rules, report it to a moderator.

Madeleine W
                              GateWorld Moderator
                              Thank you very much Madeline for taking the time and for letting us know. Thank you also for keeping GW one the BEST & FREINDLIEST FORUMS to chat and play in!!!!!
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                I like the idea of bribing them with candy and flowers and gifts and money... we can tell them that if they give us a shippy ending, we'll clean their cars for a year!

Sally
                                CHOCOLATE....lots and lots of chocolate...I hear this stimulates a chemical in the brain and makes one all romantic

So if we can get enough of that to them we may get one HECK of a shippy ending
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X