X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1
    Hi guys

Not too busy right now but letting you know that I have more or less finished my new and refreshed Stargate video page .. Hope you like the new look.The videos should all be working ....I'm still checking but Please report any broken links to me . Thank you.

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_mo.../Stargate.html

The links to the other pages like other videos and links are not done yet ....will do it tomorrow..but I'm rather pleased with those thumbnails...all the other pages will be done same style.

Good night for now and speak to you soon

And Wynter ..have a nice trip . Bring back some pics to show us ..in the chatter thread

Estelle ..Thank you ever so much about your review for the videos

Caty aka ShipDiva
    Caty Consider this ..........
    TAME'S RAVE REVIEW!!!!!

Caty your site looks wonderful and all of those thimbnails for each video ...what a cool idea!!!!
    You took a lot of time doing this and it really looks great!!!!!

What a wonderful tribute to Sam & Jack!!! And what a wonderful GIFT to all of US Thank you for spending you time...your talent ...and for sharing this with us!!!!
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Sorry, I feel a mini-rant coming, or shall we say a temporary *Shipper Snit*??

Season 7 and Season 8 general topic of :
      Spoiler:
      What is really under my craw is the fact that TPTB are NOT taking the Pete relationship seriously!! If they have the guts enough to bring a boyfriend into the Sam/Jack relationship, then FCOL have the guts to follow the perverse plan completely. TPTB lose all credibility with me when there is in obvious inconsistency in the Pete storyline. If TPTB want us to believe that Pete storyline is believeable, then show us the engagement announcement and ring, show us the fallout of the Pete engagement. I'm not a glutton for punishment, but I would have more respect for Stargate's PTB if they showed us what we DON'T want to see but need to see for consistency.

I don't know if I am making sense, but the choppiness of the Pete storyline tells me that Pete is a plot device not to be taken seriously. If he is not to be taken seriously, then my emotions were trampled for "fun", "ratings", or "money". I don't feel like it is fun; therefore, I'm just a pi$$ed off Sam and Jack fan who won't be buying any merchandise! Except from the Shipper Store.

*end of rant*

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
        HEY GUYS,

IAM GOING AWAY FOR 2 WEEKS TO FLORIDA AND I WILL MISS YOU GUYS A HELL OF A LOT!!

I will have so many posts to read when i come back, and of course the season starts over here while i'm away.

SO till i come home shipper family have fun and please have some spoilers ready for me.

see you guys soon,

love wynterxx
        (((((((((((Wynter )))))))))

Have a great holiday.
        sigpic

Comment

HEY GUYS,

IAM GOING AWAY FOR 2 WEEKS TO FLORIDA AND I WILL MISS YOU GUYS A HELL OF A LOT!!

I will have so many posts to read when i come back, and of course the season starts over here while i'm away.

SO till i come home shipper family have fun and please have some spoilers ready for me.

see you guys soon,

love wynterxx
          (((Wynter))) Hug all of the Shippers you CONVERT while you are there for us and HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!

we will miss you !!!!
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Token
            <snip> *end of rant*
            Hmmmmm.... I like this smiley...
            Let's find our Shipper Happy Places....
            Ooommmmmm...........
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Check out this link for Amanda's new show "Proof Positive". I love this picture of her. She is gorgeous! I wish Jack could see Sam look that way.

http://www.scifi.com/proofpositive/

Token ~

Comment

Originally Posted by Token
                <snip> *end of rant*
                Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                Hmmmmm.... I like this smiley...
                Let's find our Shipper Happy Places....
                Ooommmmmm...........
                What you don't know is...That's Jack's bed! What!?? Isn't that where your Happy Place is???

Token ~

Comment

okay okay,sorry i didn't realise people were having trouble,i guess we will have to have a rest because when the end of the season comes it will be mayhem in here.

i am glad you are wearing your shipper t-shirt with pride after my hols i will be ordering.

wynterxx
                  here's what Oktagone said about the slowness problems many of us had yesterday. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....56&postcount=3
                  I know I got fed up myself last night after a few tries & gave up quickly... But it seems to be just fine now thankfully.

And, wynter, have a safe flight over & have loads of fun in the Florida sun...

Love,
                  Your Shipper family
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by Starfury
                    See, the thing I love about them, and bear in mind I've yet to see Pete (should I be dreading October 19th? It seems so weird...), so I can't make any comparisons to him, but Jack is just so in love with how smart and capable and wonderful Sam is. He's just in awe of her, and a little intimidated by her, but instead of that being a turnoff like it is for most guys, it turns him on. And yet, he doesn't worship her, which is the other unfortunate thing that can happen when guys encounter incredibly brilliant, vibrant and beautiful women. He isn't blind to her faults or to his own strengths. He loves Sam not because she's all of those things, but he loves those things because they are part of her. (Does that make sense?)

I think the same is also true of Sam. That's why they make such a great couple. They complement one another's strengths and offset their weaknesses.
                    Yep... like...

Yin and Yang.

The sun and the moon.

The stars and the sky...

Peanut Butter & Jelly...
                    (now where'd that come from?! )

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      spoilers for s8's gemini
                      Spoiler:

There was much tapdancing around spoilers, but she did mention that RepliCarter has Sam's memories and knowledge (I hadn't thought of that, but in hindsight it should have been obvious), but "she doesn't have her heart or her soul." So it's about trying to navigate that.

~~~

Interesting, eh?

Sally
                      very. my first thought was
                      Spoiler:
                      so replicarter knows how sam feels about jack, and without emotion and feeling to blind her, she probabaly knows how jack feels about sam...but cannot feel the same way herself. wonder if she'll use the knowledge that those two love each other against them..like knowing threatening sam is a sure way to get jack to do what she wants, and threatening jack is a sure way to turn sam into a fiercely protective hell cat who will rip apart whole universes to get her man back.

and, if she does do that, they may be forced to recognise she's using these emotions, and so be forced to recognise their own emotions..sam foced to see she loves jack, jack forced to see that he cannot lose sam, under any circumstances

plus, replicarter may know that sam doesn't love pete as much..if she uses pete as leverage against sam, sam would be upset, but if she uses jack as leverage against sam and hurts him in anyway, sam will go ballistic. it's only be a couple of times that sam's had to protect jack, but i've noticed, you really do not want to hurt jack when sam's around..she gets very angry

kinda makes me wander why sam does it herself.

did any of that make any sense?

and i know i'm really really far behind...i was only gone three days and there's twenty pages of posts to catch up. and people said we were being quiet..jeez... i hate to see what this thread will be like when we do finally the kisss..i'm guessing hundred pages in two hours.
                      Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by samisjacksgal
                        i was looking at screen caps for endgame and i saw this one from rite at the end

http://stargatedanielfriendly.net/ht...e/image330.jpg

Spoiler:
                        its just after jack says "tough choice"...and im convinced hes looking at sam...i no im reading way into the lines lol but i do agree with lt. lisa it seems shippy to me
                        yes, now i've seen the screen cap, i see your point. makes me wonder if
                        Spoiler:
                        the tough choice line doesn't refer to whatever he was talking about at all, but the choice to stay at the base and allow daniel to go and get sam, which as base commander was the correct choice, or take daniel's place and go a dn get sam himself, which i think he wanted to do
                        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          <snip>
                          I think is fair to say that it is UNFAIR for ANY *GROUP* to be labeled and UNFAIR for us as Shippers to be doing any of that labeling *just because* we are in a *protected* thread.
                          <snip>
                          On the other hand, since it is a protected thread, there should be *some* leeway to voice *some* frustration...
                          Yep. For a month or so after joining I didn't post anywhere else but here until I got good & ready to go "out there." Lurked around observing & noted that to post out of the protected threads one did have to be respectful of other's opinions & word your thoughts carefully. So when I found somewhere I wanted to put my 2-cents in at, I just stated my opinions & tried not to make any "blanket" labels or stereotypes in the points I wanted to make. It took a while to compose those early posts "out there" but I'm happy I did & did it in a way that didn't smack anyone else upside the head for having the opposite POV. Like on Pete... I think I vented & ranted a lot here w/the best of them... but when I discovered the "Against Pete" thread I slowed down & really sat down & thought about what it was that bugged me about his character & put it into a (long!) post on that thread.
                          Personally GW has been the VERY FIRST that I have felt this way. Safe to be a Shipper ALL ACROSS the forum and friendly because everyone takes the responsibility upon themselves to be decent and when that escapes SOME people the Mods are excellent!!
                          I'm not a "yes person" but I have to agree again!
                          We have a lot of *Good Natured* people in this thread and for the most part we take the drive-by postings with a grain of salt, we let the Mods know and The Mods swoop in and take care of us They also keep us from getting to Fuffy And off track
                          I agree that we do have alot of *good natured* people in this thread. I know that's what attracted me to this thread as a lurker in the first place... the wonderful people, their great humor and the love & suport they showed to one another.

anyway...thank you for spending your week reading this post
                          Just a week? When I got done reading it, I thought the mid-season break was finished already!

(just kiddin'... it was a great post Tame. )

Comment

HI,
                            i'm new to this thread and i just wanted to say hi to all the shippers out there. i'm glad that i can talk to people who agree with me about the jack/sam ship. most of my friends think i'm a greek for watching stargate, but it just a great show. well i hope everyone is doing well and i can't wait till the second half starts. just hope it does J/S justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                              Sorry, I feel a mini-rant coming, or shall we say a temporary *Shipper Snit*??

Season 7 and Season 8 general topic of :
                              Spoiler:
                              What is really under my craw is the fact that TPTB are NOT taking the Pete relationship seriously!! If they have the guts enough to bring a boyfriend into the Sam/Jack relationship, then FCOL have the guts to follow the perverse plan completely. TPTB lose all credibility with me when there is in obvious inconsistency in the Pete storyline. If TPTB want us to believe that Pete storyline is believeable, then show us the engagement announcement and ring, show us the fallout of the Pete engagement. I'm not a glutton for punishment, but I would have more respect for Stargate's PTB if they showed us what we DON'T want to see but need to see for consistency.

I don't know if I am making sense, but the choppiness of the Pete storyline tells me that Pete is a plot device not to be taken seriously. If he is not to be taken seriously, then my emotions were trampled for "fun", "ratings", or "money". I don't feel like it is fun; therefore, I'm just a pi$$ed off Sam and Jack fan who won't be buying any merchandise! Except from the Shipper Store.

*end of rant*
                              (((((((((((Token))))))))))

I took a step back and really thought about your post before I replied. Why?? Because I didn't want to make a flippant reply or make a joke....

First I agree with you....Spoilers for Affinity
                              Spoiler:
                              We all sat through Affinity...we all saw Sam say Yes and we all saw Jack just stand there and watch his world begin to crumble and then for the next THREE episodes you are 100% correct..it is as if TPTB are acting as if we never saw this episode.

Sometimes I really wonder about TPTB and their thought process. Do they think "If we act like we didn't do it, then they won't think it ever happened."

I know they seemed to act like that in Season 6, Commonly referred to as the Season without Ship but as StarFury pointed out We Shippers have *Eagle Eyes* and can spot Ship at 1000 paces.

Upcoming Episode Spoilers
                              Spoiler:

So now in the second half of the season we are being lead to believe that Sam & Jack *MAY* be getting together and Jack is getting a girl for a little bit. Why did they feel the need to drag Sam through all of this to get us to this point?? I just don't understand it. If they had no intention of following through with an nderstory of the engagement why do this...what did it have to do with Star Gate???

So Token I really don't have any more answers just more questions and I am excited about what may be in store for us the second half of Season 8 as I do believe it is the end and I do believe that Sam & Jack will have their moment But I will wait and see how it all pans out and if they have already eclipsed it with this Pete fiasco well then I do plan on letting them know that. I expect TPTB to do right by Sam & Jack ...after 8 years the characters deserve nothing less than fireworks and moonbeams

btw - I KNEW that was Jack's bed...I don't what Shimmerstar was thinking

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan
                                HI,
                                i'm new to this thread and i just wanted to say hi to all the shippers out there. i'm glad that i can talk to people who agree with me about the jack/sam ship. most of my friends think i'm a greek for watching stargate, but it just a great show. well i hope everyone is doing well and i can't wait till the second half starts. just hope it does J/S justice.
                                WELCOME STAGATEFAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are HUGE SAM & JACK FANS and I think there are even a few that admit to being geeks

grab some of Ship Nana's cookies and KG or MG will get you a drink and post lots!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X