X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiwigater
    *splits OTHER side laughing*
    um, sure Bev, WE believe you, it's all THEM *points at lurkers* that don't
    (whaaat! if you're gonna lurk, you can't defend yourself! one more reason to take the red shipper cookie and delurk!).

ETA: "self moderated" eh? well, seeing as we have yet to encounter a topic that can't be discussed........
    Just want to make sure you are ok....
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
      Just cause someone put it in a magazine doesn't make it so.
      To be canon it has to come from the show.
      well, the magazine is the official tie in to the show. it's published and sanctioned by MGM
      Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
        On a random note... why have many people now got "Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand" as their sig??
        I know *Other* people have answered this with some very interesting answers

Personally It is the Motto of the Academy (school) I belong to

ssshhhh the rest of you just be quiet!!!!!
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          Ya know Ship Nana I have to agree here as well
          8 YEARS OF *LITTLE OR IT MIGHT BE* IS LONG ENOUGH

For 8 years TPTB really have been appeasing the OVERALL fan base with very little ship of Sam & Jack......

So YES FOR ALL THE ANTIS THAT LURK - WE HAVE COUNTED THE MINUTES and it adds up to LESS THAN 30 MINUTES of TOTAL SHIP IN 7.5 YEARS

So in almost 8 years We don't think it is to much to ask that now at THE FREAKIN END of the show we get the ending we want. The rest of the fan base has had to *DEAL* with appx 30 minutes of Sam & Jack moments in all this time and they would begrudge us this as well. IMHO that is sad.

But then again we will begrudge it if we don't get it and a number of us have stated that while we might have enjoyed the show, the character of Pete and the entire storyline has ruined an entire aspect of the show for us. A part that *HOOKED* and helped that *IMPULSIVE* side of us go out and spend $$$$ on DVDs none of us need. So without THAT BIG SPECTACULAR FINISH many of us WILL NOT feel compelled to spend any more HARD EARNED dollars on this entertainment. Especially entertainment that annoys us in the end.
          Standing ovation! I sooooo agree!
          sigpic

Comment

Threads spoilers/speculation abound...
            Originally posted by N8iveTexan
            My imagination has concocted a scence in which
            Spoiler:
            Jacob is laying unconcious in the Infirmary, Sam is in a chair next to him with her head in her hands when Jack walks in to check on Jacob. He sees Sam's weary body language and asks her what's up, ala Affinity, and she proceeds to tell him. I think she will maybe ask what Jack meant when he said "I wouldn't be here". He starts to tell her, and oops! Kerry walks in and asks Jack if he's ready to go or something. Or... Sam might be in the privacy of the dark locker room, crying. (It seems to be a favorite haunt of emotionally tortured SG1 members in the past) maybe (read pretty please???) we'll get a comforting, supporting, loving hug out of it. Just as it's getting to the meat of a conversation, Walter comes in to tell Jack that Kerry has arrived and is waiting in his office.
            Okay, so I just trudged through the archive to spoil myself... My imagination pales in comparison to the spoilers for Threads. (Auralan, have I mentioned you simply rock? ) My spirits are lifted just a little bit more...

Maybe I wouldn't make such a dunce of myself if I read the thread more often... ?
            L8er,
            Mandy _|,,|

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
              And I've never visited the gutter. Ever. I even have a nice shiny halo to prove it.
              ((((((((((Auralan))))))))))))

I am gonna miss you ..................... I don't know where they send OUT RIGHT LIARS

Comment

OK before ANYONE gets the REAL WRONG idea....we are NOT THAT BAD

I do know that when I am in there we do ASK if anyone has *A PROBLEM* with the topic FIRST and then if it is ok it THEN becomes a free for all

But everyone is very gracious if there is anyone that has any issues or if there is a VAST age difference within the room to keep things on an even keel.

Now I can't vouch for what goes on in there when I am NOT in there ***glares at Mei Mei, Bev and Nikki***** heard about you three

BUT everyone should feel comfortable in the room just as they do here if they CAN and DO want to go there

Oh AND it IS a SHIPPER ROOM so please remember THAT as well SHippers are allowed to BE THEMSELVES!!!!
                Hey, wait a minute!! It was Bev and Nikki! I am innocent!!

(Mei Mei whimpers about most wonderful beta casting aspersions on her reputation!!)

ETA: Most wonderful beta should be betaing instead of maligning authors... The next fic is done...

Comment

Just want to make sure you are ok....
                  well, yes, thank you Tame, I am just fine *fingers stiches in side* I might need some extra time in the Jack room in the hospital tho *pitiful look*

however, I am IN the shipper chat room with Bev, Nikki and Meimei, so I can't guarantee anything

I think we do a great job of respecting EVERYONE in the chat room. Some of us are spoiler free, and we do our very best to make sure they stay that way, and all anyone ever has to do is say the word, and we'll change subjects.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                    Mei Mei gave me a pretty good idea of what is meant by your sig. *S******.*
                    But I've just been on the anti's page and they've come up with a HUGE set of reasons why tptb are definitely not giving us an S/J shippy ending... and with the evidence from S8 so far, who can blame them?
                    Although they say S/J have no chemistry. *Tears out hair*
                    Well everything has been left open to interpretation by TPTB and if you read my earlier post you will see that I am a bit....VEKLEMPED about that........in all this time why not give it to us Shippers........hell the show is ending and they have had 8 years by that time to have their fun...........why not give us 44 minutes of PURE UNADULTERATED SAM & JACK LOVIN'

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                      well, yes, thank you Tame, I am just fine *fingers stiches in side* I might need some extra time in the Jack room in the hospital tho *pitiful look*

however, I am IN the shipper chat room with Bev, Nikki and Meimei, so I can't guarantee anything

I think we do a great job of respecting EVERYONE in the chat room. Some of us are spoiler free, and we do our very best to make sure they stay that way, and all anyone ever has to do is say the word, and we'll change subjects.
                      Hey, we also do age checks on any new people entering the chat room and watch our comments accordingly!!

I said we were self moderated!!!

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                        Sigh. I loved that show. Why don't they make shows like that anymore?
                        Because THAT apparently would make people HAPPY.....OMG the HORROR........

yes I am feeling a bit snarky today

Comment

Ya know Ship Nana I have to agree here as well
                          8 YEARS OF *LITTLE OR IT MIGHT BE* IS LONG ENOUGH

For 8 years TPTB really have been appeasing the OVERALL fan base with very little ship of Sam & Jack......

So YES FOR ALL THE ANTIS THAT LURK - WE HAVE COUNTED THE MINUTES and it adds up to LESS THAN 30 MINUTES of TOTAL SHIP IN 7.5 YEARS

So in almost 8 years We don't think it is to much to ask that now at THE FREAKIN END of the show we get the ending we want. The rest of the fan base has had to *DEAL* with appx 30 minutes of Sam & Jack moments in all this time and they would begrudge us this as well. IMHO that is sad.

But then again we will begrudge it if we don't get it and a number of us have stated that while we might have enjoyed the show, the character of Pete and the entire storyline has ruined an entire aspect of the show for us. A part that *HOOKED* and helped that *IMPULSIVE* side of us go out and spend $$$$ on DVDs none of us need. So without THAT BIG SPECTACULAR FINISH many of us WILL NOT feel compelled to spend any more HARD EARNED dollars on this entertainment. Especially entertainment that annoys us in the end.

WELL DONE TAME

Big Sam and Jack spectacular finish=Money big time

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                            Hey, we also do age checks on any new people entering the chat room and watch our comments accordingly!!

I said we were self moderated!!!
                            *nods* that is very true.
                            And I think we do a great job of moderating ourselves *pats chat room on back*

Comment

Well everything has been left open to interpretation by TPTB and if you read my earlier post you will see that I am a bit....VEKLEMPED about that........in all this time why not give it to us Shippers........hell the show is ending and they have had 8 years by that time to have their fun...........why not give us 44 minutes of PURE UNADULTERATED SAM & JACK LOVIN'
                              *GASP* I don't know if my heart could stand it!! 44 minutes of nothing but Jack and Sam!! Oh, be still my beating heart!! Mei Mei would suffer for shipperdom!! Mei Mei would gladly risk 911 call to have 44 MINUTES of JACK & SAM!!

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                                *GASP* I don't know if my heart could stand it!! 44 minutes of nothing but Jack and Sam!! Oh, be still my beating heart!! Mei Mei would suffer for shipperdom!! Mei Mei would gladly risk 911 call to have 44 MINUTES of JACK & SAM!!
                                *runs around Meimei's house before finale removing all caffienated items and installing paddles, then sits in corner to see if she's needed*
                                Well, OK then, but only if you prepare properly! We have rules about unsafe thunking, seems only fair we take the same precautions for unsafe SHIPPING!

ps. you can have the coffee back afterwards, I promise, I would never permanently take away your caffiene!

Comment

Working...
                                X