This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waterfall
    To see a *REAL* kiss just look at my sig pic!!!!
    Oh, waterfall, I do!... I stare at it everytime I come upon your posts.

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      Love it, Tame!

Sally

ps - Literally everytime I write out your name, it comes out 'team' first.
      Ya know that is actually pretty cool when you think about it....Cause Sg1 is all about *Team First*
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Karibou
        Hey, I just had a thought...
        Affinity Spoilers...
        Spoiler:

You know the scene in a$$inity where Sam is ranting to Daniel and Teal'c about how society pressures women to find the ideal man? Did anyone else catch her frustration in the scene? I know most of us were too busy being annoyed by the idea that women aren't complete without a partner... But, when I watched again, I caught something interesting. She makes reference to how society tells a girl she needs to wait for the ideal man, or she's settling. She sounded vastly annoyed, as if she didn't like this. Anyone else think she might be mad because she KNOWS she'd be settling for Pete -- after all, Jack is her ideal man -- and she hates the idea that she can't get away with it? Just a thought.

Yep. Major Sal has been singing that song since Friday, and several of us have joined in on the choruses. I think you nailed it.
        Spoiler:
        Sam's settling. She knows it. She doesn't like being reminded. I think this ties in to the ending scene as well. She's talked herself into the weird idea that she has a right to settle for the here-and-now--ie Pete. By then end of the episode she's seen Teal'c lose a chance for a life--maybe a romantic relationship--outside the SGC. Once he and Daniel are safe, she decides to grab what she can.
        Just my take on it.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill

[...] I waited for it do download and then watched it with a printed picture of Pete in my hands ripping it to shreads whenever I wasn't happy about what I saw

Is there anything left of the picture?

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
            marimba I cannot blame Jack.
            Spoiler:

Jack is probably thinking I cannot even get this Women to go fishing with me and I almost died a couple of times since she has been dating Pete and she is still with him and now she has an engagement ring.Sam made the mess with Pete and now Jack has to clean up the mess.
            But
            Spoiler:
            why did Jack stop her from confessing in TLC? By that time, he'd seen her break down over the thought of losing him in Heroes and she had made an earlier attempt at his house (and he wasn't helping her there either). I can't believe he doesn't know how she feels, so IMO Jack has to take some responsibility here for the nonsense that we're dealing with. Does he think she'd be better off with stuPit?

I don't get it.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
              This should be mounted in the lobby of the Shipper Commune.

ship sistah

I don't mind taking credit for the original post about it. The author is Veronica Shoffstall. The first time I read it--I was blown away.

Comment

Originally posted by laughsr
                Hi!

I'm Ro, big shipper, new to the forum, hanging out with LtLisa right now, watched a bunch of Marimba's music videos (which were *so* awesome) and now we're off to ship!night. wooo!

just thought I'd say hi!

bye!
                Hi LtLisa's friend!-- and new family member! Hey, don't squeeze out Lisa, though. Where is she?

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                  OK, in my best URGO SHANAHAN voice: how about "ME, ME, ME, ME, ME-ME-ME??"
                  I watched the show and then even screencapped the sucker until I was sick!!

Oh Ship Nana, can I add this? The Gold Shipper Plaque! (something I made a while ago for such occasions - remember, Tame?):

I could have sworn I'd added my name to this too about a billion posts ago... hmmm.... maybe *I'm* a chimera too.

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50

But really - if I weren't a spoiler reader, and didn't know about THREADS and JM's visit to this place and his rollercoaster warning, A$$INITY would have been the LAST STRAW and I'd have quit the show...
                    I think I would have too. Thank you, Joe! Thank you to whoever decided to release the spoilers and sides!

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      I go back and forth with this.
                      One day I want female writers and then other days I don't.
                      Why???
                      well let's face it we women aren't always the kindest to our own gender and I worry that a female writer might make Sam even MORE unpaletable

BUT on the other hand who BUT A WOMAN would understand the trials and tribulation that Sam would deal with and convey that with concise writing and clarity.......

so you see I am just screwed here cause I have no idea if it would work out better or worse.

Maybe they should just pick some of OUR FF writers and go with them!!!!
                      it can't get worse-- bring on the chicks!

ship sistah

Comment

I don't know if this is off topic, but .... I recently rented the movie version of "COTG." So I saw for the first time the nude Sharre. Wow! Any way, there also was a scene I'm sure isn't in the version we get on the Sci-fi channel. Daniel is at Jack's house and Jack tells him about coming back from the first Abydos trip and Sara has left him. Has anyone here watched SG since the beginning on Showtime? Would both those scenes have been in then (since showtime is a pay channel I would think maybe Sharre could be). I keep thinking maybe the first 5 seasons from Showtime are cut when reshown on Sci-Fi.

Comment

MEMO: To PTBS
                          Subject: How to write Ship

Gentleman it has come to our attention that you might be stumped about how to write *proper ship* please see the above example as a well thought out plan of action.

Thank you
                          TFTC (the fans that care)
                          LOL!

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by Isis

Spoilers for “Affinity”
                            Spoiler:
                            I to hope we get some scenes with Sam and Jack in other episodes before Threads where there is UST and you can tell they love each other and maybe as was also mentioned before some spontaneous kissing in the heat of the moment.
                            Me too!

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              spoilers. affinity. season eight

Spoiler:

Yes, I think she talked herself into it too.

Oh, man, bring on Threads already!!!

Sally
                              first:
                              ((((((((((((((((((((Aunt Sally)))))))))))))))))))
                              so missed you!

second:
                              I love that you're more chipper than I am!

ship sistah

Comment

That yes you too can be dragged through the mud
                                put through an emotional roller coaster and YET still
                                come back for more.......why....... <snip>

Because we're sick *&@#$%, &*%$ nutjobs, that's why!

Sally *raises glass of wine to toast her fellow shippers*
                                Last edited by majorsal; 23 August 2004, 11:28 PM.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X