This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token
    I've been thinking about Sam and Jack's convo in Affinity...
    Spoilers S8 Affinity
    Spoiler:
    People keep asking "Why would Sam show Jack the ring? Why would she break his hear like that?" I've been thinking about those questions and the answer I keep getting is this. Sam revealed to Jack what her private, personal feelings were about marriage and kids and Pete's proposal because she wanted Jack to share his personal feelings about marriage, kids and HER.

Sam gave Jack the opportunity to say how he felt about her. She was sitting in her lab thinking about her feelings for Jack because the look on her face when he said, "I thought I would never say this to you...Where's that report?" She was disappointed. That ring should have snapped Jack into action. By telling Jack that she had been thinking about the proposal for 2 weeks told Jack what he needed to know. Any yet, he didn't take the bait. (Maybe that's why he doesn't do well at fishing )

Sam has NEVER told Pete she loves him. (At least we haven't seen it. Thank goodness!!) Jack needs to get off his backside and make some effort to convey his TRUE feelings to Sam. IMO, Sam has tried in Heroes II, LC 1 & 2 and now Affinity. I see Sam making an effort and Jack shutting her down or making her guess what his feelings are. Only time will tell.
    Spoilers for Affinity and Threads.
    Spoiler:
    Token, I agree and disagree with your post. I agree maybe Sam was trying to get Jack to talk about marriage, kids and her. But I disagree about the ring should have snapped Jack into action. He's probably thinking what's the point in telling her my feelings if she doesn't feel anything for me anymore, I'm just going to get shot down. Remember she to him has moved on and now she's considering marriage. If I was Jack I think that her feelings have changed. I think this is what spurns Jack to go out with Kerry.

I can understand Jack's reluctence to talk to Sam about his feelings because after Lost City, he might think that if Sam felt anything strong for him, why is she still seeing Pete and now comtemplating marriage. I think that if they are going to get together in the end, it is Sam that has to make the first move because to me she is the one that makes the decisions in the relationship. Examples : Devide and Conquer -leaving it in the room. BTS: Sam saying SIR.

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
      I'm the one who posted the pic.

Nicely written fic, Michelle...

Does it help? I don't know...Well, actually I've spent my morning looking at this scene and capping it. It's so well done by AT and RDA,
      Spoiler:
      but it breaks my heart every time...
      <sigh>

I made a little page with the last few shots:

WARNING: AFFINITY SCREENCAPS!!
      http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/SJAffinity.htm
      How can pictures do that to me!
      Everytime I see that picture of Jack my eyes start filling up with tears! Even more so with the pictures of him and Sam together like that!!

Spoiler:
      WHY THE HELL DID SHE SAY YES TO PETE!?!?!?!?

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
        ok, i need spoiler
        Spoiler:
        . ok, jack was dying in Lost City, for reasons's you don't need to know right now. sam called round his house and they had a few moments of intense staring, and just as they were about to fall into each other's arms and admit undying love (probably) daniel and teal'c interrupted. (daniel's first words were 'are we interrupting anything!). anyway, later on, in a ship, sam turns to jack and says 'earlier on, sir, at your house, what i was trying to say was' and he interrupts her and says 'i know'

if he'd just kept quiet ten seconds longer, she might have admitted it!! especailly as he then resigned!!! then he could have admitted things, but oh no, he just has to say 'i know' when he probably doesn't know at all

<wanders off mumbling bad-temperdly to herself. he knows, Hah!>

HAHAHAHA Hey you also forgot about the
        Spoiler:
        ...frozen pod ....after jack killed Anubis ...or we think he has .....he collapses in his reclining chair in Antartica ....Sam runs to him ..touches his face ...and call him Jack twice If I reckon..she is about to cry ....just say something ....we all thought he said "Amata" whin in ancient language means "I love you" but in fact ..he said "dormata" which means sleep .....and he didn't mean sleep with Sam ...shame he meant sleep in the pod ...they took him to the pod .....and he got frozen ....he said bye bye to all first in ancient language ......then Sam ....aproached the ice ...and put her hand on the ice ..to say good by too..it's very emotional ...cuz Sam looked very much in love with Jack at that instant ......I have the clips in my videos ...it's heartbreaking ...
        Hope this clarify a bit more .

Caty

Comment

Hi all! Still in one piece? This is a drive-by posting because I've got like 20 pages to catch up on and it'll be a while...

Just here to post the new vid--

"At This Moment" by Billy Vera and Beaters
          Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
          Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
          Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
            Spoilers for Affinity and Threads.
            Spoiler:
            Token, I agree and disagree with your post. I agree maybe Sam was trying to get Jack to talk about marriage, kids and her. But I disagree about the ring should have snapped Jack into action. He's probably thinking what's the point in telling her my feelings if she doesn't feel anything for me anymore, I'm just going to get shot down. Remember she to him has moved on and now she's considering marriage. If I was Jack I think that her feelings have changed. I think this is what spurns Jack to go out with Kerry.

I can understand Jack's reluctence to talk to Sam about his feelings because after Lost City, he might think that if Sam felt anything strong for him, why is she still seeing Pete and now comtemplating marriage. I think that if they are going to get together in the end, it is Sam that has to make the first move because to me she is the one that makes the decisions in the relationship. Examples : Devide and Conquer -leaving it in the room. BTS: Sam saying SIR.

watters 87

You're right ..She does tend to make the decisions a lot ..and she is very convincing too ..Shame for Jack ..

caty

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
              Hi all! Still in one piece? This is a drive-by posting because I've got like 20 pages to catch up on and it'll be a while...

Hey Marimba ..Did you spend all day doing it ?

You 're good ...

Me I'm supposed to make one ..tonight but I feel a little bit low in motivation today . I have the song but I may wait for tomorrow .

Should be up by tomorrow night if I find my Stargate energy back

I 'm slightly fed up to play the game ...TPTB's fault

Marimba : Is Pete in your last video or no?!!!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                Okay people, I am crying here, actually crying
                Spoiler:
                The scene in her lab... it is shippy. When Jack doesn't know, he's just coming to palay with her as normal... she's been distancing herself and he misses her... I like that.
                I feel she really #is# referring to their lack of relationship when she talks about things being different... I think Jack's comment actually refers to the fact he would have retired to be with her....Does anyone get the feeling this was set up for a later ep, where she gets together with Jack and he leaves the base to be a househusband... Threads, maybe??? I have to hope...
                <snip>
                I like how you said that...
                Spoiler:
                "he's just coming to play with her as normal... she's been distancing herself and he misses her..."

Yes, so maybe he did really need the report, but... he also probably felt he needed the excuse of the report to ask her if everything was alright since she wasn't "playing" like she had w/him over the past 7+ years...

She likely wasn't staying late/overnight anymore to work beyond her scheduled hours on projects & little extras like she use to. And I imagine Jack may have (initially when he started his new duties) secretly liked the idea of being being stuck on base w/longer hours (because of his new duties) & having the knowledge that Sam would be hanging around as she always had, always available for stress relief (now get your mind out of the gutter! ) & for bouncing ideas off of. It probably did come as a unhappy surprise for him to find out that (her not being as readily available) was a byproduct of the PS relationship. Not to mention the growing distance.
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Ok I have to say...I had tears in my eyes after this.....Jack has been and always wiil be THE BEST MAN for Sam.......

Great song to showcase just how much Jack LOVES Sam and how he is willing to wait for her to *find herself* and to *find him *
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                    Spoiler:
                    when she talks about things being different... I think Jack's comment actually refers to the fact he would have retired to be with her....
                    That was my EXACT thought! The first time I watched it through, that was right where my mind went. And when Sam looked up at him....it seemed to be her reaction too. But like I said earlier, it is all open to interpretation.

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                      yes, i see your point. it's like
                      Spoiler:
                      she's thought, well, i've found one guy on the planet who can cope with what i do, and yet isn't someone i work with, so i don't have the angst of possibly seeing him die, so i better stick with him. there's also the thing of him not being dead yet. all her other boyfriends ,or anyone who shows romantic interest in her, dies (except for the delectable agent barrett)..and i think that's partly it...she's found a guy that doesn't die.
                      <snip>
                      My "emphasis bolding" on that 2nd sentence...
                      IMHO,
                      Spoiler:
                      while Pete "knows" what Sam does.. he doesn't really know. He was still having trouble in last night's episode trying to understand just how extraordinary Sam's professional life is & how extraordinary she is for being able to do it successfully & still maintain under all that stress that "inner core" which is her.
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Holy crap Marimba! That brought tears to my eyes! You did that one beautifully, especially weaving in and out the scenes from Affinity. And even though Affinity wasn't totally a pro-ship episode, it definitely had one of the best emotional ship scenes we have ever had....

Spoiler:
                        although it did tear my heart out!

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                          Everyone,

still haven't seen the ep, I'm in Germany, but thanks for the warm welcome I got in the chat room this morning. You people are great. I'm working on a motivational speech, Aragorn-style, and will post it here once it#s finished.
                          Cute sig, CoffeeGirl! And to the family!!!

your ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                            <snip>
                            Spoiler:
                            I also don't like the fact that from now on, in every episode up until THREADS - that whatever looks or friendship moments that Sam and Jack have (or maybe there won't be any?) that Sam will still be engaged (albeit, half-heartedly) to PS. That makes me uncomfortable...
                            Yeah, I know. I posted earlier today about that. Makes you feel sorry for the poor (soon to be) sad-eyed, overeager puppy dog.

Originally posted by auralan
                            Spoiler:
                            I was just posting in the episode thread that I know guys like that. They find complicated women and miss the warning signs every time. They're just so happy to be with the woman and take every bone tossed their way without looking too closely. Then the bubble breaks, they wind up crushed and play victim. <snip>
                            Well, while I love me Mr. Potatohead... Mala, do you think maybe we can find some forlorn, lost, sad-eyed, tail-awaggin' doggie pic to use when we actually feel sorry for ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                              I don't know what to say but....wow
                              Decribes their feelings perfectly IMO

oh thank you. i like trying to do that, get inside their heads, but it's been damn difficult lately, i just can't figure out what sam's thinking
                              Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Okay, just rewatched A$$inity.

Spoiler:

I think I now agree with other opinions on the site regarding the conversation between Jack and Sam. I think his "I wouldn't be here" comment referred to Charlie, not to any feelings he had to Sam -- or at least that's what the writers had in mind. I think the superb acting may have given the lines an added dimension, but I think that may just be wishful thinking on my part. I have no idea if this is TPTB's way of breaking it to us "gently", or if this is just a warm-up for the happy ending we hope for. I've seen too many shows try to avoid romances in the name of "good drama," especially in scifi series. I'm soooooo worried that SG-1 may go that route. I love the show, but I would be beyond disappointed if they REALLY kept Sam and pete together. Not sure I'd really want to watch. I think I'd be too heartbroken for Jack. I just pray that TPTB understand that a happy ending wouldn't detract from the show's merits in any way. All those angst-ridden scifi shows have left a bad, BAD taste in my mouth (X-files, Farscape, Angel... shall I go on?) I'm much happier with the few that left us with happy endings (like ST Voyager).

Oh, I'm so bummed. WAH! Think I'm going to go write more of my fanfic, where I can make everything happy and nice! LOL!
                                -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Working...
                                X