This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    I am NOT going to watch Alias.. I am NOT going to watch Ailas ..I am NOT going to watch Alias..I am NOT going to watch AliasI am NOT going to watch Alias..I am NOT going to watch Alias...I am NOT going to watch Alias..I am NOT going to watch Alias
    i told myself that. then i watched an episode cos ricky gervase was in it, and i love the office..and the episode was incredibly shippy..i was hooked.

another ship to break my heart <sigh>
    Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Hi, everybody!

GW FINALLY let me back in! Woo hoo! Hopefully it stays up for more than a few minutes this time so I can catch up on the thread.
      *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
        i told myself that. then i watched an episode cos ricky gervase was in it, and i love the office..and the episode was incredibly shippy..i was hooked.

another ship to break my heart <sigh>
        seeseeseeseeseesee this is why I am not gonna let you all talk me into anything!!!!

I love my Sam & Jack...BUT I have been through HELL & BACK already and I know there is more to go so no way in Hell am I gonna do it to myself again nope no way can't make me
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
          Hi, everybody!

GW FINALLY let me back in! Woo hoo! Hopefully it stays up for more than a few minutes this time so I can catch up on the thread.
          WELCOME BACK (((((((((((((((AURALAN)))))))))))))

I have been reaking havoc..hehehehe

I have a new Jacob theory so take a gander and we'll chat
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
            i watch alias top show but it has just finished season 3 here is the new eason showing over there now?

<snip>

WYNTERXX
            Not yet. No new season until JANUARY!!! How's that for cruel and unusual punishment? Of course, we don't get more Stargate until then either. Going to be a long four months...
            Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
            Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
            Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

*Sigh* I'm in

Caty's new video 57 "Show me the meaning of being lonely" Backstreet boys again .

Jack is heartbroken.

I's a story .

The link is in my sig .

Enjoy

caty

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                and looking after the kitties!
                YES...and they are 3 weeks old now and starting on solid food for the first time tonight

So wish us all luck

While posting and chatting last night and trying to get my Sam & Jack MOJO back I was also researching the phase of kitty feeding and 3 weeks is the *toddler* how cute is that

So I will keep you up to date on the *toddlers* hee hee

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                  Not yet. No new season until JANUARY!!! How's that for cruel and unusual punishment? Of course, we don't get more Stargate until then either. Going to be a long four months...
                  ARGH and you want me to start watching this and TPTB can screw it up still...I DON'T THINK SO...

I will just stick with my Shipper Roller Coaster thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                    The wedding pic went for $2035. If TBTB don't think that ship sells, they have another think coming!
                    AMEN!!!
                    -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                      *Sigh* I'm in

Caty's new video 57 "Show me the meaning of being lonely" Backstreet boys again .

Jack is heartbroken.

I's a story .

The link is in my sig .

Enjoy

caty
                      I look forward to watching this when I get home tonight

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        affinity spoilers, season eight

Here's the exact dialog - thanks to good friend AQ and my anal work on the ep.

"You know, it's bad enough being on your own without every TV show and commercial and magazine add trying to tell you how abnormal it is. They make you afraid of being alone, but at the same time tell you not to settle for anything less than the perfect romantic ideal, like that actually exists anywhere in the real word ... either way you can't win."

Before I begin working through the dialog, I wanted to say that I thought the part that Amanda was afraid the fans would hate her about was her saying yes to PS. I could be wrong, but that's what I felt/thought.

K, as for the dialog, I feel this goes into Sam's apprehension about being proposed to. She was clearly happy that PS was going to move to Colorado Springs, but as soon as he upped the anti, her demeanor changed from then on. This mini rant of hers came *after* Pete proposed, and that says something. Pressure? Pushing too far and too fast? She might be feeling the pressure from PS, and also feeling the pressure from society itself. And from Sam herself. And with the dialog above, Sam's saying that she feels the 'perfect romantic ideal'... is not something she can have. *I think Jack's her perfect romantic ideal.* She was very irritable and pissed through this part. Doesn't sound like the normal kind of mindset for someone that's considering getting engaged.

Sally
                        Spoiler:
                        I thought the same thing about the conversation Sam was having all by herself. I also felt that she was saying that she can't have Jack which is her 'perfect romantic ideal' and then therefore she had to settle for second best even though she didn't put it exactly that way. It seemed like she was trying very hard to talk herself into being with .
                        Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                          Spoiler:
                          I thought the same thing about the conversation Sam was having all by herself. I also felt that she was saying that she can't have Jack which is her 'perfect romantic ideal' and then therefore she had to settle for second best even though she didn't put it exactly that way. It seemed like she was trying very hard to talk herself into being with .
                          Totally and 100% agree with you here, both of you!!!! She was talking herself into it completely!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                            Your last video was so heartbreaking, I'm not sure my keyboard will survive another!
                            I have a couple of vids in the queue but they're not as sad as that one thankfully!

What I meant was that RDA seems to have a positive bent toward Sam and Jack getting together eventually--at least that's how I read the comments he's given in interviews. But he's also said he doesn't surf the internet, doesn't read the boards, etc. He probably gets reports, but second hand is not the same as reading them oneself. Because he doesn't read them, he's not going to be persuaded one way or another from the opinion he already has by negative arguments or post 'stuffing' or what not. He's going to go with whatever he thinks works for his character and the show. I suspect that the more sure he is about making this his last season, the more likely he will want a postive S/J ending.

As for JM. He *IS* internet savvy. He makes production reports. He checks in at this and other sites and even posts occasionally. JM seems to also want a positive S/J resolution. I suspect he can digest the viewer response and take it back to the studio. He left that cryptic message back on Shipper Thread whatever-it-was saying about S/P that it was okay to jump to small conclusions (my emphasis) but not big ones, and that we were going to be in for a wild rollercoaster ride. The fact that he left that message says to me that his sympathies are with the shippers. Sure, he doesn't want the show to lose viewers, but I think he genuinely wanted us to hang in there for the (I think) last minute happy ending. If we gave up too soon, we'd miss it.

Bucky
                            Good point. I guess I just wasn't quite sure what you were getting at!
                            Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                            Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                            Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                              Just want to say, that I think that this thread has some of the most thoughtful, intelligent and respectful posters in all of GW! (not to mention prolific!)

And, in addition, it is amazing that THERE ALSO SO MANY TALENTED PEOPLE ON THIS SAM/JACK SHIPPER'S THREAD!

I know I may have forgotten someone here, but kudos to the latest creations:

Great fanfics!
                              Karibou, Michelleb, sueKay, meimei

Great videos!
                              Caty, Marimba, CoffeeGirl
                              *blushes*

Thanks! I'm mentioned in the company of greatness!!
                              -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by rose evans
                                I have never actually posted anything before, but I felt like I had to say this.
                                I come from a family where the military has been in our lives for as many generations back as I could remember. The main reason I actually started watching Stargate sg-1, was because of the respect and integrity, that these writers and actors showed, of the people who save our lives and give up a life of hope and dreams just so we can have ours.
                                The whole issue with O'niell and Carter caught my attention as it showed an example of sacrifice. But I have to say, if the writers choose to separate these characters and involve them with other characters; I would feel very insulted.
                                The military is about saving lives, not ending it. And from what I see, they seem to want to end a relationship that has been developing from day one.
                                My girls love watching the show, especially the romance, tension and feelings shared between O'niell and Carter; and the last thing I want them to say is that they hate the military for separating these two officers; because that’s not what the military is about.
                                Thanks

rose evans!

And may I thank you and your family for your service to help keep us all safe!

You made a wonderful point!

Now that you have delurked please stay around and play with us a while.
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X