This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elfinwood
    That is the best explanation I've heard so far. I like it. I'm going to go with this too. It certainly was a scene filled with misdirection and miscommunication and multiple layers.
    well just speculation, and to play devil's advocate, but maybe she was referring to his wife and son, what if his son had lived on, and he stayed with his wife?
    when i watched it i was wondering what she meant, if she meant what if <the above> happened, or what if she and o'neill would've gotten together.
    Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
    Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
    Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
    Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      Well, if you succomb to the pressure, go rent the first season and start at the beginning. I wouldn't recommend starting in the middle--that's why I didn't get into it until recently, I had to start at the beginning.
      NNNNOOOOOOO no matter how many subliminal PMs I get nor blatant Posts that are sweet like this I WILL NOT SHIP for ANY OTHER SHOW after this NO NO NO!!!!!!
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
        Spoiler Space for
        *snip

The more I read these posts and think about the whole issue (and it IS an issue) the more I like Waterfall's take on the whole Chimera thing. If you think over the shows we've seen him in, and I can't rewatch them so I'll just have to try to remember, he really isn't acting very "manly". Now don't scream and yell at me here. He just doesn't seem like the strong character one would expect from a cop. He is just way too easy going. He never challenges Sam. It really is as if she is thinking is the life she wants so that she can have her cake and eat it too. She can work at SGC with the love of her life, Jack, and she can have a warm and loving (gag) life outside of work. She'll never have to be alone. She'll never have any challenges about her work. It would be her perfect world. Not ours, obviously, but then no one ever asked us.

The only way that TPTB could settle my confusion over whether or not is real, would be to show him interacting with another member of SG-1 and so far they haven't.
        Spoiler:

The function the "hallucinations" served in "Grace" was to get her to think in ways she never thought before, to 'help herself' if you will.
        I still think that coming into the picture at the right time is funny.(the timing was far too convienient)
        In "Affinity" Sam was questioning what she really wanted.
        In the convo with Jack she said that she hadn't really thought about having a life that she had been focusing on her career.
        I believe her exact words were "I never really thought about it" tee hee.

Whether or not is real remains to be seen.

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by rose evans
          I have never actually posted anything before, but I felt like I had to say this.
          I come from a family where the military has been in our lives for as many generations back as I could remember. The main reason I actually started watching Stargate sg-1, was because of the respect and integrity, that these writers and actors showed, of the people who save our lives and give up a life of hope and dreams just so we can have ours.
          The whole issue with O'niell and Carter caught my attention as it showed an example of sacrifice. But I have to say, if the writers choose to separate these characters and involve them with other characters; I would feel very insulted.
          The military is about saving lives, not ending it. And from what I see, they seem to want to end a relationship that has been developing from day one.
          My girls love watching the show, especially the romance, tension and feelings shared between O'niell and Carter; and the last thing I want them to say is that they hate the military for separating these two officers; because that’s not what the military is about.
          Thanks
          WELCOME ROSE EVANS!!!!!!

I like how you put this. And I agree...as a former military spouse (hubs was in 10 years) I can say I saw many couples that had no problem blending work and marriage and both were in the military and a few in the same command
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
            That is the best explanation I've heard so far. I like it. I'm going to go with this too. It certainly was a scene filled with misdirection and miscommunication and multiple layers.

I do hope TPTB think the same way. Sorry for my shippiness but I can´t bare the idea of Sam marrying this Pete guy.

ana
            " I was never their age"

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
              The only way that TPTB could settle my confusion over whether or not is real, would be to show him interacting with another member of SG-1 and so far they haven't.
              Spoiler:

The function the "hallucinations" served in "Grace" was to get her to think in ways she never thought before, to 'help herself' if you will.
              I still think that coming into the picture at the right time is funny.(the timing was far too convienient)
              In "Affinity" Sam was questioning what she really wanted.
              In the convo with Jack she said that she hadn't really thought about having a life that she had been focusing on her career.
              I believe her exact words were "I never really thought about it" tee hee.

Whether or not is real remains to be seen.

waterfall
              It would be a brilliant sci-fi twist, but unfortunately I really can't see TPTB doing it. Still, we live in hope... Maybe JM will read this and say, "hey, that's a great idea, we should do that..."

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                I don't watch Alias, I don't watch Alias, I don't watch Alias, I don't watch Alias, I don't watch Alias....anyway, what's the big deal here, Tame....just don't watch it! I know, I know. Forgive me once again. It would be like me not watching Stargate....NOT going to happen!
                ROFL Critter... I am just teasin

They have been posting different things about Alias that are similar to Sam & Jack and how they are writing the Ship alot better. And I was just chanting to *help* myself NOT fall prey to *YET ANOTHER* show that has ship

so it was just all in fun

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
                  fact is, sam is with pete, because pete is her boss. sam has to "play nice" with pete, otherwise she'll lose her job. its sexual harassment! that's how she got command of sg1, by giving pete "favors"
                  Originally posted by Bucky
                  ???????
                  Exactly my reaction. Huh?

Estelle xxx
                  Abu: This is a woman?
                  O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
                  O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
                  Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
                  Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
                  Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
                  Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                    Yayyyy!!! I got a meddle!!!!

waterfall
                    Looks at list. *shakes head* Still haven't gotten mine.

Estelle xxx

Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
                      peter deluise the actor who plays pete is incidentally one of the show's producers.
                      David plays Pete.

Peter is one of the directors and producers.

What are you implying? It sounds scurrilous. Be careful how you phrase things, even in jest.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                        David plays Pete.

Peter is one of the directors and producers.

What are you implying? It sounds scurrilous. Be careful how you phrase things, even in jest.

Bucky
                        Leave it for the Mods Bucky

Comment

Sam did say "yes" five times. Yeah, nobody cares how many, just the fact that she did say it is bad enough, but my work and time must not be in vain, so here goes:

Pete: Just another day at the office
                          Sam: Yes (okay she was replying to his question, but it had two meanings.)
                          Pete:I should have figured you'd be used to it by now.
                          Sam: No, I mean..yes
                          Pete: Yes, as in...
                          Sam:Yes
                          Pete: You messin' with me?
                          Sam: No
                          Pete: Which means?
                          Sam: Yes
                          Pete: You don't need more time?
                          Sam:No
                          Pete: Therefore?

Cute......not.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                            Sam did say "yes" five times. Yeah, nobody cares how many, just the fact that she did say it is bad enough, but my work and time must not be in vain, so here goes:

Pete: Just another day at the office
                            Sam: Yes (okay she was replying to his question, but it had two meanings.)
                            Pete:I should have figured you'd be used to it by now.
                            Sam: No, I mean..yes
                            Pete: Yes, as in...
                            Sam:Yes
                            Pete: You messin' with me?
                            Sam: No
                            Pete: Which means?
                            Pete: You don't need more time?
                            Sam:No
                            Pete: Therefore?
                            Your work was not in vain

I just I am in denial

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              spoilers for chimera, affinity, and threads - seasons 7 and 8

Here's a thought. Do you think that because Kerry sees Sam and Jack interact together, that's part of the reason she realizes that Jack's jonesing for Sam? And on that note; do you think that if Pete saw Sam and Jack interact, would he come to the same realization?

Sally
                              You know it'd be funny if the writers take up what's in a lot of fanfics. As I've come to understand it Kerry is part of the SGC (or works for the SGC) and although it is a top secret organization I'm pretty sure that not a lot of secrets can be kept within these walls. Aka I'm pretty sure there are some rumours (about S/J) flying around on base. Now it'd be great if Kerry sees some interaction between Sam and Jack and realizes that those aren't *just* rumours. Same would be funny with stumbling on S/J just when they have one of their moments. He'd so realize that he doesn't stand a chance. I'd think his reaction would be something along the lines of this and then he would faint.

Estelle xxx

*sorry if you get this twice, GW thought it funny to play tricks on me*

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                Do I have a #? I can't remember which shipper 'thread' it was, but it was my last sigline I'd wrote out. Or... I might have wrote it out again after that because of a conversation we were having... I think you can see that I'm of no help at all. Sorry.

Sally
                                S'okay. I'd thought you had (being very comp. savvy--not like me) had somehow found it.

Comment

Working...
                                X