This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    I've just updated The General's Hell, for everyone who's reading it. The link's in my sig.

I'm also going to do a fic, where Pete's one of the good guys. I'm doing this, because I feel sorry for him. The story will happen in the middle east, and will also involve the Furlings, and possibly the trust.

Anyone think this is a good idea, because I'm currently writing chapter one.

You are the writer and can do what you want with the characters, always supposing the characters will do what you want them to do. (I've heard writers say they sometimes won't). But I cannot feel sorry for Pete. Just can't.

And Oh, I would like one of Ship Nana's medals. BTW, I heard Sam say "yes"
    five (5) times. Is it possible?

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      Just so you know I am telling her that you called her a *wif*
      Do your worst. She already knows. Besides, she calls me the "hubs"
      Major Kawalsky
      I've clawed my way from Mature to Fodder! WOOHOO!
      U.S. Stargate Command

Comment

*shyly enters the room*

Hi, I've been reading for a while, finally decided to stop lurking. Anyway, couldn't sit through Friday, tried, managed to get through the first ten minutes and chickenned out. Did manage to catch the last five minutes when I turned the TV on for Atlantis and had NO desire to watch the second airing at 11. Too scared it would get worse. It seems like I missed a lot tho, and not all of it bad.

Anyone know where/how I can get the episode online?

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
          [spoiler]I'm sorry but if I loved a man as much as we are led to believe that she does, I'd climb mountains to be with him. Better yet, I'd sit down and talk to him and try to find a compromise so we both win. I just hate the way they've made her seem so self-serving and unconcerned with Jack's feelings.
          Oh, yes. Yes, yes, YES!! ITA!!

We all know how Sam and Jack feel about each other. And, no matter what the writers decide to do with plots and dialog, there can be no mistaking the love between them. Are there really people in the world who, given THAT kind of chance at love, would ignore it because of a military uniform? Maybe I'm a hopeless romatic, but I think if I was presented with that kind of perfect happiness, I'd at least seriously discuss it with the other person before giving up on it completely! When did Sam and Jack have that discussion? NEVER!! Sure, it's been implied, alluded to, and tiptoed around. But never has it actually been discussed frankly and openly. So, instead, TPTB have Sam crashing headfirst into something mediocre, pretending it's bliss. It's not!! How can it be? Sam will never experience contentment with her unresolved feelings for Jack hanging in the air. This would all be a LOT more believable if our favorite couple had already had come to some sort of actual agreement about their relationship.
          -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by Elentarrii
            *shyly enters the room*

Hi, I've been reading for a while, finally decided to stop lurking. Anyway, couldn't sit through Friday, tried, managed to get through the first ten minutes and chickenned out. Did manage to catch the last five minutes when I turned the TV on for Atlantis and had NO desire to watch the second airing at 11. Too scared it would get worse. It seems like I missed a lot tho, and not all of it bad.

Elentarrii!!!!!!!

Ahhhh, don't be shy!!!!

So glad you decided to eat your Red Shipper Cookies and delurk.

Stick around now and post lots!
            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
              Exactly Michelle! There is an entirely different conversation going on between Sam and Jack through their eyes from what is being said or if you like, in addition to what is being said. I didn't really notice it until I watched Caty's new video. Maybe it's because there were so many closeup scenes but there it was. Hit me like a ton of bricks. It's in their eyes.

I'm not worried about potatoehead anymore because I've read the ending in Sam and Jack's eyes. It's there and it's conclusive!!!!!!!!
              Did anyone else think the camera angle foreshortened Jack's head making him look rather unJacklike? (but yummy anyway) IMO opinion RDA played it well, like when he put his hands down on the desk as if to gather himself.

Comment

Originally posted by MAJKawalsky
                Do your worst. She already knows. Besides, she calls me the "hubs"

How is "wif" pronounced??????

Comment

Originally Posted by kiwigater
                  Spoiler:

As much as I like this Pete as Chimera idea (and it would make a sick sort of sense), how do we explain the times people have talked about Pete, and the whole Sam-Jack scene in Affinity?? Does this mean she hallucinated the whole thing, ring and all?? it would be cool tho!! *evil laugh*
                  Back in College (at the Uni, Down from Cambrigde, etc) in started dating a girl outside of my usual circle of friends. She lived in a different dorm and they didn't meet for several months (not until after the mandatory break-up and reunion). During this period I talked about her with my friends. It wasn't until after they met that one of my friends confided that they thought that I have met her up cause they had never seen her.

My point
                  Spoiler:
                  is that Sam could have talked about Peat without anyone having met him! She is hallucinating her entire interaction with Peat much as she was doing with Urgo. Makes the whole crashing an anniversary party a bit creepy. "Who is that pretty young woman dancing alone?" "I thought YOU knew her!" "I think she is Cousin Marge's schizophrentic granddaughter."
                  Major Kawalsky
                  U.S. Stargate Command

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                    How is "wif" pronounced??????
                    Wif is pronounce 'whiff'. The second F is silent.
                    Major Kawalsky
                    U.S. Stargate Command

Comment

*note to my fellow shippers. and any mods here. I hope it's alright with everyone if I don't use the invisible spoilers thinger? If it's alright, I'm just going to use the regular spoiler space warning. If I'm not allowed to use this, I hope a mod will come around and tell me otherwise*

Spoilers for S8's Affinity and Threads

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                      Spoiler:
                      WHY THE HELL DID SHE SAY YES TO PETE!?!?!?!?
                      I'm going to take a guess here, but I think she went ahead and said yes because: a- she really likes PS and thinks she'll have a nice life with him, b- she's still not sure how Jack feels about her, c- she's feeling the pressure of society and herself to settle down *might feel time's running out to have children*, and d- combos of the above that make her feel like this is the best she'll get.

I think Jack needs to give her some clues here. She's tried to talk to him, but he keeps interrupting her and stopping her. I feel her confiding in Jack about PS's proposal was not just her wanting advise from a friend, but also wanting to stir a reaction out of him. If I were Sam, I'd see that he wasn't thrilled with this news, but would I think he was in love with me? Not really. And that's what she needs, really, really needs to know before she could even begin to imagine changing her life to be with him. I think we see more love for her from Jack than she sees sometimes. I really think Sam's going through a life crisis that's making her reevaluate her personal life and want to make some changes.

As much as I enjoy seeing this aspect of Sam being played, I'm not enjoying it being played via a boyfriend. I'd rather it be played through Jack. *duh*

I'm actually glad that Jack's going to have a girlfriend, because I think it'll stir a reaction in her that'll scare the heck out of her. She thought Jack would always be there -as a potential lover- but I think seeing Jack with Kerry will make her realize that he's just as capable of moving on as she is. Or trying at least.

You might ask why I'm mellowing on this boyfriend issue? Because I have no choice -except to stop watching- and after seeing Affinity, I see where they're going. Sam showed SO many doubts in the ep that it's made this whole storyline much easier for me to take. When PS showed her the ring, she was stunned. She went into a diatribe about society's pressures to get a mate *and this was after he gave her the ring*. She took over two weeks to answer him. She tried to get advise *and a reaction* from Jack. She told PS she still needed more time. And THE biggest, her accepting -saying yes- was very subdued.

So adding all this together, I guess you could say I've reached a peace within myself with this whole storyline. And all because I saw Sam's true feelings slipping out. I'll never love this storyline -or even like it really- but I can watch it, and with relief, because I feel they're moving towards a Sam/Jack shippy resolution. *ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease*

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

*shyly enters the room*

WELCOME, ELENTARRII!!!
                        Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                        Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                        Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          *note to my fellow shippers. and any mods here. I hope it's alright with everyone if I don't use the invisible spoilers thinger? If it's alright, I'm just going to use the regular spoiler space warning. If I'm not allowed to use this, I hope a mod will come around and tell me otherwise*

Spoilers for S8's Affinity and Threads

I'm going to take a guess here, but I think she went ahead and said yes because: a- she really likes PS and thinks she'll have a nice life with him, b- she's still not sure how Jack feels about her, c- she's feeling the pressure of society and herself to settle down *might feel time's running out to have children*, and d- combos of the above that make her feel like this is the best she'll get.

I think Jack needs to give her some clues here. She's tried to talk to him, but he keeps interrupting her and stopping her. I feel her confiding in Jack about PS's proposal was not just her wanting advise from a friend, but also wanting to stir a reaction out of him. If I were Sam, I'd see that he wasn't thrilled with this <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=news&v=56">news</a>, but would I think he was in <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=love&v=56">love</a> with me? Not really. And that's what she needs, really, really needs to know before she could even begin to imagine changing her life to be with him. I think we see more <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=love&v=56">love</a> for her from Jack than she sees sometimes. I really think Sam's going through a life crisis that's making her reevaluate her <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=personal&v=56">personal</a> life and want to make some changes.

As much as I enjoy seeing this aspect of Sam being played, I'm not enjoying it being played via a boyfriend. I'd rather it be played through Jack. *duh*

I'm actually glad that Jack's going to have a girlfriend, because I think it'll stir a reaction in her that'll scare the heck out of her. She thought Jack would always be there -as a potential lover- but I think seeing Jack with Kerry will make her realize that he's just as capable of <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=moving&v=56">moving</a> on as she is. Or trying at least.

You might ask why I'm mellowing on this boyfriend issue? Because I have no choice -except to stop watching- and after seeing Affinity, I see where they're going. Sam showed SO many doubts in the ep that it's made this whole storyline much easier for me to take. When PS showed her the ring, she was stunned. She went into a diatribe about society's pressures to get a mate *and this was after he gave her the ring*. She took over two weeks to answer him. She tried to get advise *and a reaction* from Jack. She told PS she still needed more <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=56">time</a>. And THE biggest, her accepting -saying yes- was very subdued.

So adding all this together, I guess you could say I've reached a peace within myself with this whole storyline. And all because I saw Sam's true feelings slipping out. I'll never <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=love&v=56">love</a> this storyline -or even like it really- but I can watch it, and with relief, because I feel they're <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=moving&v=56">moving</a> towards a Sam/Jack shippy resolution. *ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease*

Sally
                          I think we will all feel a relief for a shippy resolution... this whole Pete storyline just gets me so worked up lol

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                            While I've come to really like Will, I'm a Syd and Vaughn shipper all the way. The way Vaughn looks at her just makes me melt! *sigh*
                            The Syd and Vaughn ship is way cool but after watching last night's the interaction between Jack [Bristow] and Irena I have found someone else to ship for. Jack's (and Sydney's) reaction to the lovers' peck from Irena was priceless.

FCOL. Jack B. and Irena can manage adult conversations with their disfunctional pass, why can't Sam and Jack (O'Neill, with TWO L's).
                            Major Kawalsky
                            U.S. Stargate Command

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              Spoiler:

I think Jack needs to give her some clues here. She's tried to talk to him, but he keeps interrupting her and stopping her. I feel her confiding in Jack about PS's proposal was not just her wanting advise from a friend, but also wanting to stir a reaction out of him. If I were Sam, I'd see that he wasn't thrilled with this news, but would I think he was in love with me? Not really. And that's what she needs, really, really needs to know before she could even begin to imagine changing her life to be with him. I think we see more love for her from Jack than she sees sometimes. I really think Sam's going through a life crisis that's making her reevaluate her personal life and want to make some changes.

I'm actually glad that Jack's going to have a girlfriend, because I think it'll stir a reaction in her that'll scare the heck out of her. She thought Jack would always be there -as a potential lover- but I think seeing Jack with Kerry will make her realize that he's just as capable of moving on as she is. Or trying at least.

Yes!
                              Spoiler:

Jack needs to step up to the plate. The Threads spoilers refer to Jack and Kerry having issues due to Jack's reluctance -- he's holding back. And, of course, we all know Carter is the reason. The same spoilers also elude to Sam's difficulties with Pete and her engagement. Again, no mystery as to the reason for that! I do SINCERELY hope this is all just one big (somewhat mean!) way of bringing the ship into the forefront. I mean, TPTB were a little limited in their choices in how to do this. Can't go with the traditional, "I never knew I loved you until I almost lost you" approach, because Jack and Sam have each almost lost the other, what, a hundred times? So, making a love triangle (or quadrange, with Kerry, I suppose) is the next reasonable approach. *fingers crossed!*
                              -Kari

Comment

*shyly enters the room*

If you can't find it online, I still have it in my DVR. I can tape it and send it to ya if nothing else works out. The middle parts of the episode were about the only parts worth watching. Well, the middle parts and all of the muscle-bound shots of Teal'c! LOL!
                                -Kari

Comment

Working...
                                X