This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marimba26
    LOL! Sorry, I wasn't flying off the handle, I promise It's just a bit easy to freak out these days, I think. I'm still a little on edge from the whole thing, haven't made enough vids yet LOL. I'm glad that it's JM too but I'm not sure why you say that...please clarify

Your last video was so heartbreaking, I'm not sure my keyboard will survive another!

What I meant was that RDA seems to have a positive bent toward Sam and Jack getting together eventually--at least that's how I read the comments he's given in interviews. But he's also said he doesn't surf the internet, doesn't read the boards, etc. He probably gets reports, but second hand is not the same as reading them oneself. Because he doesn't read them, he's not going to be persuaded one way or another from the opinion he already has by negative arguments or post 'stuffing' or what not. He's going to go with whatever he thinks works for his character and the show. I suspect that the more sure he is about making this his last season, the more likely he will want a postive S/J ending.

As for JM. He *IS* internet savvy. He makes production reports. He checks in at this and other sites and even posts occasionally. JM seems to also want a positive S/J resolution. I suspect he can digest the viewer response and take it back to the studio. He left that cryptic message back on Shipper Thread whatever-it-was saying about S/P that it was okay to jump to small conclusions (my emphasis) but not big ones, and that we were going to be in for a wild rollercoaster ride. The fact that he left that message says to me that his sympathies are with the shippers. Sure, he doesn't want the show to lose viewers, but I think he genuinely wanted us to hang in there for the (I think) last minute happy ending. If we gave up too soon, we'd miss it.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      No I just finally got into GW and am trying to catch up
      I just got into GW this morning again after being cut off Saturday morning. I never did get on this thread Saturday. I was over at the episode thread for Affinity, had just posted, and..WHAMM...off.

Has there being any explanation as to why this is happening? Actually, I've had a lot of problems with this site ever since they made the changes. Do I need to adjust some settings on something? I usually get in on the office computer with the satellite feed, but I have a terrible time at home on the dial-up. Anyone have any answers for me? Or suggestions?

Help, I am having serious withdrawal and I can't keep visiting here at work.

Comment

Originally posted by MAJKawalsky
        Spoiler:
        Pete says thank you but "Duke the Hot Dog Guy" nods to Sam, not Pete. Just like in the warehouse takedown, the Special Ops guy reports to Sam that the building is empty and Pete says, "How can that be?", the Special Ops guy half-turns his head in Pete's direction but he is looking at another Special Ops soldier to Sam's right.

Both scenes are filmed such that you think that Pete is interacting with others but with the M. Night Shyamalan glasses you can see that nobody else acknowledges him.

Welcome to the "Pete as Chimera Camp"grounds. Pitch your tent anywhere.
        MajKawalsky, did hot dog guy hand Ptui his hot dog though? cause if he didn't...<g>
        <LtLisa is dancing and chanting around her tent at the Ptui is a Chimera campground>

ooohhh...Aunt Sally...just think if they do top the Grace kiss!!!!!!!!!! <LtLisa goes into shipper bliss just thinking about it>

Tame, go ahead and watch Alias...its angsty, but RESOLVED (positively and shippily (is that a word? it is now!) at the end.

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
        ~Imzadi
        describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
        Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          spoilers for chimera, affinity, and threads - seasons 7 and 8

Here's a thought. Do you think that because Kerry sees Sam and Jack interact together, that's part of the reason she realizes that Jack's jonesing for Sam? And on that note; do you think that if Pete saw Sam and Jack interact, would he come to the same realization?

Sally
          Spoiler:
          I think you're probably right about Kerry. If she is involved with the SGC, then she probably will see them interacting at some stage. Anyway, we know Sam sees Kerry at Jack's house so maybe it's Sam's reaction (and, hopefully, Jack's) that makes Kerry realise what the problem is between her & Jack.
          Spoiler:

It's possible the same could be true for Pete. You never know, maybe he does see them interact a lot in Threads, and it could encourage him to talk to Sam about it - hey, maybe he confronts her about Jack, and that's when she realises that it's Jack she really wants....

Comment

I have no doubts we will have an ending that does put Sam & jack together........ the question how they will do it........and that is what scares me
            Considering how absolutely lame the writing for Carter has been lately, I, too, am afraid it will be just dumb and not address or resolve seven years of UST. A fishing invite or a kiss will not resolve all. How about some intellegent adult conversation. It would be a novel approach.
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

fact is, sam is with pete, because pete is her boss. sam has to "play nice" with pete, otherwise she'll lose her job. its sexual harassment! that's how she got command of sg1, by giving pete "favors"
              Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
              Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
              Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
              Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                snip
                I made a little page with the last few shots:

WARNING: AFFINITY SCREENCAPS!!
                http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/SJAffinity.htm
                Thanks Mala. Those are really lovely. That was an amazing scene between the two. AT and RDA were wonderful. The acting was spot-on.

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
                  fact is, sam is with pete, because pete is her boss. sam has to "play nice" with pete, otherwise she'll lose her job. its sexual harassment! that's how she got command of sg1, by giving pete "favors"

???????

Comment

Originally posted by Karibou
                    Okay, I was just reading some of the "Affinity" episode thread, and I have to say, I'm a little miffed by the general non-shipper populace's reaction to comments about the J/S/potatohead dynamic. Why is a discussion of the Ship frowned on in the general episode thread, when it's clearly part of the episode? Grr!

Anyway, (back to Ship's business!) Have to say this...
                    Spoiler:
                    I really hope that TPTB don't have pete succumb to the Black Widow Curse. In an interview I read from AT, she said (jokingly) something about Sam needing to be in a real relationship so she'd have some experience to go by when she did end up with Jack. (and yes, she did re-iterate that she was just joking, not giving away spoilers. ) Anyway, I think I agree with this, at least in-part. Pete can't just disappear or be taken away. Sam needs to make a choice to get rid of him. Just like Jack needs to make a choice to get off his cute little hiney and tell Sam that he really cares for her.
                    When they first started talking about Pete, they said the whole point was for Sam to get a bf that doesn't die, and I really hope they stick to that. That way, when Sam finally gets rid of him, she can get with Jack without the fear that he's going to end up dead sooner rather than later.

I don't think Jack will tell Sam that he really cares for her as long as she's with Pete. If he thinks she's happy with Pete, I doubt he would do anything to jeopardise it.

Comment

Maria's right Afinty spoiler
                      Spoiler:
                      he didn't even ask will you marry me? he just gave her the friggin ring!

yes! guidlines not rules!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! They're guidlines not rules! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

shall I make this an official amendment to my dance and chant mantra?

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                      ~Imzadi
                      describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                      Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                        SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
                        Lunar
                        Caty
                        Marimba
                        Tame
                        Mei Mei
                        Kri
                        Critter
                        LtLisa
                        TOKEN
                        Auralan
                        Melayna
                        Mad_Gater
                        WaterFall
                        Ship Sistah
                        Bucky
                        Michelleb
                        KiwGater
                        Faith
                        Shinrai

Yayyyy!!! I got a meddle!!!!

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                          ???????
                          peter deluise the actor who plays pete is incidentally one of the show's producers.

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
                            peter deluise the actor who plays pete is incidentally one of the show's producers.
                            No, David DeLuise, the actor who plays Pete, is incidentally the brother of one of the show's producers...
                            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                            Last update: 14 April 2006
                            Melyanna's Multimedia
                            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                              No, David DeLuise, the actor who plays Pete, is incidentally the brother of one of the show's producers...
                              oopsies, my mistake, okay fine, david is the brother of the producer, so he's pulling leverage by threatening her with her job. it still works! kinda...

Comment

My answer to the Question : What did Jack Mean in the Lab in *Affinity*
                                Spoiler:

When Jack paused and then answered the the question .. HE was looking RIGHT AT SAM - and she flinched. Then Jack looked down at the ring.
                                so to me he was saying I would not be in this position. I would not be General Jack O'Neill. I don't think he meant not here in the literal sense.
                                I think Jack meant he wouldn't be in the *position* he was finding himself in at that moment - listening to the woman he loved tell him ANOTHER MAN had asked her to marry him.

The way Jack looked at Sam and her reactions made me think this is how it was being conveyed and how she was taking it. But that neither of them saw a way out of it.

I also see it as a lead in to Threads - Jack has shown her that he DOES want her but they both feel there is no way - so it will take an outsider to SHOW them there is a way.

Ok so that is my story and I am sticking to it
                                That is the best explanation I've heard so far. I like it. I'm going to go with this too. It certainly was a scene filled with misdirection and miscommunication and multiple layers.

Comment

Working...
                                X