This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marimba26
    Well, as for reasonable approaches, they could have just let them develop naturally, dealt with the regs issue, and moved on but I guess that would have been too simple and we can't have that now, can we?
    You wanted simple
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      And society does pressure most singles... believe me, I know... I have certain relatives who blindside me w/pointed little questions about why I'm not married, when I'm going to get married, what's wrong w/me that I'm not married... The first times I heard it my mouth kind of dropped open (wasn't expecting that kind of baloney from the relatives, y'know...) & I gave quickly thought out answers, but now when I hear it (& they haven't "went there" much lately) I pull on the battle armor quickly & throw the questions right back at them & then go on to point out how the romantic lives of their own children appear to the rest of us!

LOL! As the *other* shipper nana on this list, I remember intense pressure to get married--then weekly interogations about when I was going to have a baby! I just smiled and said "I'll put you on the notification list." These days I would have said, "I'll add you to my email list."

I agree with your statement that I bolded. The PS ship hasn't yet shown signs of being the barn-burner, knock-your-socks off, can't-think-of-anything-else-but-him relationship that she'll never get over...
      Nope. His best quality is that he is nice.

Also his worst.

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      From your fingers to the TPTB EYES!!!!!!!!!!
      We can only hope.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by MAJKawalsky
        Attention Shippers!!!! We Have Reached The Nadir! We Can Only Go Up From Here!
        YES, YES, YEEEESSSS!

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          spoilers for s8's Affinity and s7's Chimera

That's another thing I forgot to mention. Here we were thinking that Pete was told everything -at least I did- in Chimera about the Stargate program, but Affinity showed that he only knows the basics. I'm glad they showed that, because I couldn't understand why he was told everything. I still don't understand why he was even told as much as he was *didn't deserve it to me*.

Sally
          Nope but at least we got a bit of an explanation
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Karibou
            LOL! Good point. Guess TPTB get some evil, psychotic pleasure out of torturing us Shippers.
            Ahhh See now Grasshopper you begin to understand....now if you can snatch the pebble from my hand

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
              Anyone seen "A Beautiful Mind" w/Russell Crowe??
              Not that I agree with the Phantasy Pete idea *shrugs* , but I thought I'd throw the movie reference in there since he 'saw' some people there too.
              AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just had to say that...I loved that movie

Comment

Okay, I was just reading some of the "Affinity" episode thread, and I have to say, I'm a little miffed by the general non-shipper populace's reaction to comments about the J/S/potatohead dynamic. Why is a discussion of the Ship frowned on in the general episode thread, when it's clearly part of the episode? Grr!

Anyway, (back to Ship's business!) Have to say this...
                Spoiler:
                I really hope that TPTB don't have pete succumb to the Black Widow Curse. In an interview I read from AT, she said (jokingly) something about Sam needing to be in a real relationship so she'd have some experience to go by when she did end up with Jack. (and yes, she did re-iterate that she was just joking, not giving away spoilers. ) Anyway, I think I agree with this, at least in-part. Pete can't just disappear or be taken away. Sam needs to make a choice to get rid of him. Just like Jack needs to make a choice to get off his cute little hiney and tell Sam that he really cares for her.
                -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by MAJKawalsky
                  Perhaps Peat is hard of hearing?

Sam: "Yes"
                  Peat: "Huh?"
                  Peat: "What?"
                  Peat: "Wait, I think my ear bud is off."
                  Peat: "No, the battery is dead."
                  Peat: "Look at me. I'll read your lips."
                  Peat: "Yes?"
                  Peat: "...What were we talking about again?"
                  Sam: "Oh never mind."
                  TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Karibou
                    Or how about a tribute to the sixth sense....

Sam (whispered in a quivery voice): "I see potato heads!"

OMG ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

omg!! i was just in the 'affinity' thread reading what some people were saying about the episode! i almost had a heart attack at how they were saying that they dont want sam and jack to end up together and how they're glad sam is pursuing a relationship w/ pete!!
                      ahhhhh!!!!!!!
                      lilstarfire19

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                        SPOILERS FOR AFFINITY

I haven't been able to get on since Thursday and there's no way I can catch up on the posts (there have been close to a 1,000, I think!), so I hope I'm not re-stating stuff that's been said a lot already.

reprinting here some of my thoughts on Affinity (from the Affinity thread):

Re S/J/P: first, they are still blowing it with Pete. Granted, I had major problems with his attitude and behavior in Chimera. If it didn't quite get to the level of stalking, he still behaved as an immature jerk, he definitely crossed a line and he was idiot (in almost messing up the op). Here, he's "nicer", but the flaws are still there--and based upon what TPTB have been saying, they aren't supposed to be. Notice he says that it's nice that she's the kind of women who understands how hard her job and her inability to tell him about it is *on him*. What about how hard it all might be--including his obvious continual unhappiness about being on the outside--on *her*? It's still all about him!

And oddly enough--and since we are supposed to be thinking of Pete positively, I'm sure they didn't mean to do this on purpose--look at Krista's attitude when Teal'c says he's leaving and that he can't tell her what it's all about or who he is. She accepts in a mature manner--just the way that men and women married/engaged to people in classified jobs accept this every day in RL. This a total contrast to Pete's attitude and behavior in Chimera, and just makes it look worse to me. Adult woman vs little boy.

Maybe their point is that we should excuse Pete because he isn't very bright. We've already mentioned the "messing up the op" stuff in Chimera, but look at his first scene in Affinity: he's in a public park, surrounded by people who could overhear, and he's going on about what she does! -10 IQ here.

Interesting, some of the people who claim to love Sam/Pete (insisting that they really love Pete and it has nothing to do with trying to wean Sam away from Jack. Nosirree.) have gone on record as saying that Jack isn't right for Sam because he isn't as smart as she is. Uh, and Pete is??? Not the way he's written!

The scene between Sam and Jack was really very shippy--and sets up a future ep perfectly IMO. They were totally miscommunicating. We saw in "Grace' that Sam wasn't still sure about Jack's feelings; she seemed to think they weren't their anymore. I think she was trying to get some idea of how he felt, but she went about it totally the wrong way. She indicated that she had doubts, but only because of the difficulties of mixing the job and marriage--riduculous when you think about it because, as Jack noted, there were married people in the SGC (remember Wells?). IMO, she still has plenty of doubts that Pete is the right man (heck, she held that ring for two weeks), but she didn't indicate that. I think Jack read what she was saying as that Pete had won and he had lost. When he gives his answer, she hears, "If I loved you, I wouldn't still be here", whereas, IMO, he's saying, "If I thought that I could be with you, I wouldn't still be here."

Well done scene and, as I said above, perfect lead in to later eps.

Yes, I've seen people claiming that this means that he still loves Sara, and that if he were still married to her and Charlie, he wouldn't be at the SGC. Oh, pshaw.
                        (1) If he were still head-over-heels in love with Sara, he would have been happy that Sam had found someone, too. That was *not* a happy man in that scene (loved the way he snaps the box closed).

(2) Why would being married to Sara (and father to Charlie) mean he wouldn't be at the SGC? Jack was still on active duty when Charlie was killed; it was Charlie's death that led to his first retirement (at the start of the film). With his background, he would actually have been perfect for the SGC (though possibly he would not have been on the first trip through the gate; that might have changed). Who's to say he would not have joined anyway?

(3) In addition, when he *was* married and had a family, he was doing special ops/black ops, and this is not different in type from what he does for the SGC. He still cannot talk about his work, can still be called away at a moment's notice; he can be away for weeks or months, he can be captured (as he was) and imprisoned for months, he can be MIA or thought dead, he can come back wounded and he can't talk about it. And so on. Yet, he did all that while he had a marriage and a family. No reason why he couldn't be at the SGC and have a marriage and a family; to the outside world (ie, his family) it would look the same.

There's no question in my mind that he was referring to Sam and their situation. And his belief here that he has lost her is probably what leads him to consider Kerry at all in Threads.

And Pete *still* needs work!

J.
                        Totally agree with every point you made!!! Especially the lab scene!!!!
                        and good points about the difference about how Krista dealt with Teal'c vs Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                          [
                          And Jack was so darn good looking in this ep. Sam must have developed
                          poor vision to not see how sexy he is. Maybe she's gone insane?

Look at Potato Head
                          Look at Jack
                          Look at Potato Head
                          Look at Jack
                          How could anyone be confused?
                          All good shippers should chip in to get Sam's eyes tested.
                          Where do I send my donation!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lilstarfire19
                            omg!! i was just in the 'affinity' thread reading what some people were saying about the episode! i almost had a heart attack at how they were saying that they dont want sam and jack to end up together and how they're glad sam is pursuing a relationship w/ pete!!
                            ahhhhh!!!!!!!
                            Ah, yes. We should all observe a moment of silence for those poor, misguided souls. If we're really lucky, they'll be visited by Oma, and she'll place their feet upon the path to Shipper Enlightenment...
                            -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              spoilers for chimera, affinity, and threads - seasons 7 and 8

Here's a thought. Do you think that because Kerry sees Sam and Jack interact together, that's part of the reason she realizes that Jack's jonesing for Sam? And on that note; do you think that if Pete saw Sam and Jack interact, would he come to the same realization?

Sally
                              YEP and YEP!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elentarrii
                                SPOILER SPACE

Something else on the part of Afinity I got through, a friend of mine works with classified material for his job, and part of the non-disclosure stuff isn't just who you say it to, but where. Pete was talking about HIGHLY sensitive material in a public area where any number of people could have over heard them. Yes, you could make the arguement that the conversation taken out of context would have meant nothing, but I think he gave enough hints to make someone near him turn their heads and perk up their ears. Talking about VERY classified stuff in an inappropriate place shows that he's irresponseable, esp since as a cop you would think he would understand what is required to keep a secret. Maybe this discloser that is happenning next week has something to do with that conversation?

What I don't understand is that if we are supposed to like him, why they would have him showing this kind of disregard ... its almost as if they are highlighting the differences between him and Jack. The more they do this the clearer it becomes that not just the better man for Sam, but its seems like the better man is Jack.
                                That may be part of the point as well

Comment

Working...
                                X