This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marimba26
    I hadn't noticed until this post so of course I had to go look! Sally, that is hilarious!!!!!
    Thanks!

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
      Spoiler:
      (2) Why would being married to Sara (and father to Charlie) mean he wouldn't be at the SGC? Jack was still on active duty when Charlie was killed; it was Charlie's death that led to his first retirement (at the start of the film). With his background, he would actually have been perfect for the SGC (though possibly he would not have been on the first trip through the gate; that might have changed). Who's to say he would not have joined anyway?

(3) In addition, when he *was* married and had a family, he was doing special ops/black ops, and this is not different in type from what he does for the SGC. He still cannot talk about his work, can still be called away at a moment's notice; he can be away for weeks or months, he can be captured (as he was) and imprisoned for months, he can be MIA or thought dead, he can come back wounded and he can't talk about it. And so on. Yet, he did all that while he had a marriage and a family. No reason why he couldn't be at the SGC and have a marriage and a family; to the outside world (ie, his family) it would look the same.

There's no question in my mind that he was referring to Sam and their situation. And his belief here that he has lost her is probably what leads him to consider Kerry at all in Threads.
      I also just said this in the Affinity thread, but it bears saying again here. I never considered those points, and you're very right. I'm now re-rethinking my opinon of that conversation!
      -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

spoilers for s7's chimera and s8's affinity

(notice how i lose caps early on in my posting?)

Originally posted by MAJKawalsky
        4. "The Sixth Sense". Nobody is acknowledging Peat's existance. Except Sam.
        [/spoiler]
        I used to think big time that PS was a chimera as well -the entire ep was a chimera. When I read your thoughts on this in the Affinity thread, my feelings on this resurfaced. I have one question, though, that might ruin our theory. When PS and Sam were at the park, getting their food at the food vendor... did the vendor guy acknowledge PS, or was it PS that said 'thank you' for their food? If it was the latter, our theory is still strong.

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

[
          And Jack was so darn good looking in this ep. Sam must have developed
          poor vision to not see how sexy he is. Maybe she's gone insane?

Look at Potato Head
          Look at Jack
          Look at Potato Head
          Look at Jack
          How could anyone be confused?
          All good shippers should chip in to get Sam's eyes tested.
          sigpic
          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

spoilers for chimera, affinity, and threads - seasons 7 and 8

Originally posted by Kri
            Spoilers for Threads
            Spoiler:
            I hope Kerry is a nice character, and that I like her - for an episode. I certainly don't mind watching RDA in a kissing scene (although with Laira, I seriously had to do some blocking because I just could not STAND her at all!) But in the end, I am happy that Kerry is going to see through Jack enough to know his heart is elsewhere. That makes her a good person in my book.
            Here's a thought. Do you think that because Kerry sees Sam and Jack interact together, that's part of the reason she realizes that Jack's jonesing for Sam? And on that note; do you think that if Pete saw Sam and Jack interact, would he come to the same realization?

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Karibou, but I'd rather have an electronic copy if I can find one, my VCR has been acting up lately and I'll be better able to stop and restart a digital playback.

I also heard from my parents who saw it on one of the entertainment shows that they are getting Harm and Mac together next season. If this is true, I say to TPTB, watch away!

Comment

spoilers. affinity. season 8

Originally posted by Kri
                Spoiler:
                The good thing in that scene is that Jack recognized that she was iffy about the whole thing. When Sam said she had had the ring for 2 weeks, his face and demeanor totally changed. It was like HE knew she was settling. That is why I don't think his comment "I wouldn't be here!" was necessarily about Charlie. I think it might have had more to do with him possibly having had retired if he and Sam had gotten together.
                My gawd, there's so many levels to this scene between Sam and Jack! Everyone I read only gives me more food for thought. This scene rocks! - even though the ambiguity is nervewracking.

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elentarrii
                  Thanks Karibou, but I'd rather have an electronic copy if I can find one, my VCR has been acting up lately and I'll be better able to stop and restart a digital playback.

I also heard from my parents who saw it on one of the entertainment shows that they are getting Harm and Mac together next season. If this is true, I say to TPTB, watch away!
                  Ah, no problem. I still haven't figured out how to make my computer and DVR talk to each other. And no DVD burner for me yet. Hope you get the episode. It's worth watching.

I do sincerely hope Harm and Mac get together. I'm always for good dramas embracing romace between characters. And Jag being in a military setting would be a GREAT thing for TPTB to watch and emulate!
                  -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

SPOILER SPACE

Something else on the part of Afinity I got through, a friend of mine works with classified material for his job, and part of the non-disclosure stuff isn't just who you say it to, but where. Pete was talking about HIGHLY sensitive material in a public area where any number of people could have over heard them. Yes, you could make the arguement that the conversation taken out of context would have meant nothing, but I think he gave enough hints to make someone near him turn their heads and perk up their ears. Talking about VERY classified stuff in an inappropriate place shows that he's irresponseable, esp since as a cop you would think he would understand what is required to keep a secret. Maybe this discloser that is happenning next week has something to do with that conversation?

What I don't understand is that if we are supposed to like him, why they would have him showing this kind of disregard ... its almost as if they are highlighting the differences between him and Jack. The more they do this the clearer it becomes that not just the better man for Sam, but its seems like the better man is Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinrai
                      I'd really love to see the whole thing play out this way. It would definitely squash the "soap operay" feel of this story line so far and bring it back into the realm of sci-fi. It's such a twisted plot, and I hope this is where they're going with it.
                      This would have to be done with so much creativity and care that I just can't see the PTBS doing it and doing it well ....I could be completely wrong but..............
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Well, I'm with you. If that's what they're on about then I'll be joining the worshippers! I *might* even be willing to forgive RCC for Pete because it would be brilliant!!! *you can credit Waterfall for the brilliance on this thread, it was her theory to begin with*
                        I will be fans of RCC AND Waterfall if they can do this and do it well
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                          SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
                          Lunar
                          Caty
                          Marimba
                          Tame
                          Mei Mei
                          Kri
                          Bucky

I know that I am new but I watched it too. Can I have a medal too?
                          Gatetime

Comment

Originally posted by Leanna
                            Hello from the void. Sorry I disappeared. Time. After Affinity, I have gone over those three lines in Sam's office over and over and over a million times in my mind and just had to come back and give my opinion. Seems Gatetrixer has said just what I finally came up with.
                            SPOILER SPACE... HOPE IT IS ENOUGH.....

Like everyone else, I immediatly believed Sam was referring to her relationship with Jack. But after watching it over and over again, and reviewing it in my mind even more times, I decided that maybe when she was referring to "if things were different" she was referring to if Charlie had not died. And the reason I believe this is because of the grimace she made on her face at the end. I don't think she would have done that if she were referring to her personal love for him, but would have if she were mentioning a sensitive subject, such as the loss of his son. (sorry if this has already been mentioned, it would be a physical impossibilty to catch up on all the hundreds of postings since Affinity aired) And the fact that Jack said that "he would not be there" would only have to mean, as the Gatetrixer has already stated, that if Charlie had not died, he would still have a family and would not have gone on the suicide mission to Abydos in the first place, thus not being involved in the Stargate program. And, thus... for all of us who believe he is so truly in love with Sam, he would never have met Sam.. which I believe this emotion WAS evident is his face (and in Sam's) during this conversation. That, did give me some satisfaction at least.
                            ANYWAY... I have great consolation in the fact that the spoilers for Threads gives me GREAT HOPE that this season may have many opportunities for little hints of, oh.. maybe jealously popping up in Jack, and maybe... oh... hints of Sam searching for hints of caring from Jack, and of course the GREAT HOPE that ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!! These writers are really giving us a ride!!

Sorry if I have jumped in, and jump out of the forum. Hope it's not bad manners and ya'll don't mind.
                            I come around as often as I can.
                            except that that wince and looking down is quite like what she did in Heroes when she couldn't get her feelings out...

Ptui is a CHIMERA!!!!! I like this idea A LOT!!!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                            ~Imzadi
                            describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                            Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Thanks!

Actually, I don't know anything about season 3 yet other than Vaughn gets married because he thinks she's dead and how it ends. It comes out on DVD Sept 7 and I'm still in S2. Hubs just hooked me on the show a few weeks ago when I was angsting about Stargate. Methinks he was trying to distract me so he didn't have to hear any more about Jack and Sam
                              I am NOT going to watch Alias.. I am NOT going to watch Ailas ..I am NOT going to watch Alias..I am NOT going to watch AliasI am NOT going to watch Alias..I am NOT going to watch Alias...I am NOT going to watch Alias..I am NOT going to watch Alias

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                                I think that what you said is worthy of applause!!!!!!!!!!

And I would like to 2nd your comments to RCC!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time to stand up and be heard again Shippers!!

Do I hear a 3rd voice in the crowd that agrees!!!!!!!!!!
                                Since I haven't read through the posts yet
                                I will be 3, 4, 5, 6 or what ever number you need me to be!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X