This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
    Hiya folks, hope you don't mind me asking a question that might be answered in the thread already, if it has then I know someone will point me in the right direction.

Anyway, going by the season *so far* (I'm purposely coming in to ask *before* Affinity or Threads ) are you happy with the season so far, ship-wise? Is it shippy? Is it projection-shippy, interpretation-shippy, or actual-shippy? And if you like it, do you like it in a "yes, this is how it should be" way, or a "yes it's okay but only cos it's not anti-shippy, I need more eventually" way?

Just curious. I haven't seen beyond New Order, but I'm aware that a lot of anti-shippers have been happier with s8 so far than they were with s7 in general, and I was wondering if that meant that y'all would be less happy, or if it meant a balance has been found.

(PS - While I was merging all those threads earlier I saw the Shipper Town Map, and it's such a fun thing, kudos to the creator whose identity I totally forget.)

*looks around* it's kinda quiet in here, so I'll have a go at answering. Altho perhaps I'm the wrong shipper to ask! When Anubis asked if we'd prefer S-J together or season 9, everyone else said S-J ship..... and I asked for more info
    Oh, good questions. I guess for me, the team has always come first. I love the ship when we get it, but I'll take a good team based ep any day of the week (and twice on Fridays ). I think this season they are doing a much better job of using RDA's time, and for the most part it's really been interpretational ship - ie. we can believe the interactions between Jack and Sam have deeper meaning, and the anti's can believe the surface banter. Which I guess, mostly makes me happy. BUT, I can't help feeling like TPTB have really upped the ante with the Pete storyline, and the grumbles of miscontent about the eps that have aired to date are fairly minor BECAUSE Pete hasn't been involved much. As you can imagine, that won't be the case with Affinity and Threads.
    Which puts me in the "yes it's okay but only cos it's not anti-shippy, I need more eventually" category. And I feel that way because of the hash job they've done with Pete. Prior to his introduction I would have been happy with the middle of the road ending
    Make any sense??

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
      It goes against my omnipotent image. The poor kidlets don't know that Mum is fallible.
      Ship Mum is Omnipotent....why do you think I knew hell froze over.........she kicked me to the curb..........still horribly depressed
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Well in answer to Madeline's question, I've been totally happy with the season so far. From what I've seen it's one of the best yet. Of course I've always been content with subtle ship. And though there hasn't been much of even that this season but on the other hand the eps have been very team orientated and that makes me very happy.

As to being content with it always being this way and no more ship, well, no I wouldn't be happy with that. I need some sort of resolution, whatever it may be. But I don't need the Sam/Jack hour either. I would be happy if the majority of the season was like this if they just had some Sam/Jack thrown in here and there.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          ahhh but if you show me yours....then I will show you mine......wait that sounds a bit weird

Okay she did say yes...but she made me promise that I would prolong the agony....and then you upped and got one from someone else..........
          So is yours a nice full close up WITH a smile??????? Does yours have cool stuff in it ????? huh? huh? so can I see it can I see it..... we can talk in PM if you would like to plot in private
          LOL! *backs away from Tame and Ship Mum* perhaps you two would like some privacy?!? (in which case the forum is a terrible place to come ).
          Hey! Does this "yes" include me *pitiful begging look* or is it restricted only to people with prior photos (it's a bit like Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone ).

Comment

I am leery to answer you in any direct way because you haven't seen more episodes and I really don't want to color them as I know you are an Anti - Shipper but overall as an Anti you can breathe easy for a few more
            Thanks although I'd got that impression from my non-shipper friends anyway, I was more interested in knowing whether it's all okay for shippers. I hope so. I won't ask this after Affinity, cos it might not be tactful, or after Threads, cos I suspect I'll be so busy with All Hell Breaking Loose Everywhere...

What I *do* have trouble breathing easy about is not having broadband. I'm on the verge of reading transcripts or even looking in on the OS real-time narration, I'm that desperate for new 'Gate

Madeleine

Comment

ahhh but if you show me yours....then I will show you mine......wait that sounds a bit weird

Okay she did say yes...but she made me promise that I would prolong the agony....and then you upped and got one from someone else..........
              So is yours a nice full close up WITH a smile??????? Does yours have cool stuff in it ????? huh? huh? so can I see it can I see it..... we can talk in PM if you would like to plot in private
              LOL. The prolonging the agony bit sounds like her. I haven't seen the other one yet. It's going to be sent to me soon. When I get it I'll be more than happy to share though.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                LOL! *backs away from Tame and Ship Mum* perhaps you two would like some privacy?!? (in which case the forum is a terrible place to come ).
                Hey! Does this "yes" include me *pitiful begging look* or is it restricted only to people with prior photos (it's a bit like Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone ).
                Hey Hey....no funny things being said here!!!!! I said it sounded weird so I changed my tune.........I am working here on getting Ship Mum to show me her picture and then I can show her my picture and then we can Let all our *Positive Energy* glow around the threads........

Just call me Miss Mary Sunshine....only if Ship Mum ........I know she said she wuvs us shiplets........but but but....it is all the other one's fault
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I just want to express my undying love and devotion for Tame (in a completely platonic fashion of course. Get your dirty shipper minds out of the gutter ) because she truly made my night.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                    I just want to express my undying love and devotion for Tame (in a completely platonic fashion of course. Get your dirty shipper minds out of the gutter ) because she truly made my night.
                    *The Sun will come out Tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there will be sun*

Ahhh my life is good again... Ship Mum wuvs me and all is right in my shiipy little world

Comment

Originally Posted by Buc252

How do you put an icon (smiley, potato head, etc) in your text here other than the ones that appear to the right when you're writing? I've seen ones in the text of posts, but have no idea how they get into the text. I especially love the little Jack and Sam faces.

I'm going to give it a try answering right here. I know others have told you how to use the smiley faces, potato head thingers, but I'm going to explain the little Sam and Jack heads.

When you're replying to someone, you see an assortment of 'post icons' at the bottom of the page. That's where the little Sam and Jack faces are. Right click on one, click properties, highlight the address/url and copy it. Here's an example of the Sam little face.

http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/sam.gif

If I were going to make this link active, I'd use this before and after the link respectively: [IMG] [/IMG]

Those will enable the link to come off as

Again, it would look like this: [IMG] http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/sam.gif [/IMG]

I left a space between the [IMG]s and the link so it wouldn't activate. I hope this helps, hon.

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                        Thank you to everybody who responded.

However, the smileys, etc that appear below the text box I'm typing in only appear as a tag to the post itself, not in the text. However, I think I might have figured out how to use them. (Rigth click, pick properties, "copy" the url address, and past here?) Let's try it . . .

Did it work? <g>
                        Yep, you figured it out!

*that's why I didn't post my directions in the first place 'cause I was sure someone would explain it... and you figured it out yourself*

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Alright...I did it...I made a video.

It's Breathe by Michelle Branch.

The link is http://www.geocities.com/jsdt032201/jsdt.

Please be kind...it's my first attempt.

Ignore the web page...I just put that together tonight so I could put my video up. I'll be working on that tomorrow.
                          Tasha
                          JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by cc_mac
                            I know some of you are going to tape and watch later, but I'm one of those twisted people who has to know as soon as possible, painful or not, or I will go NUTS!!!!
                            I'm the same exact way... god help us.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
                              Alright...I did it...I made a video.

It's Breathe by Michelle Branch.

The link is http://www.geocities.com/jsdt032201/jsdt.

Please be kind...it's my first attempt.

Ignore the web page...I just put that together tonight so I could put my video up. I'll be working on that tomorrow.
                              I get to be the FIRST to say..........

BRAVO!!!!!!

Excellent job!!! and it is your first never would have guessed!!!!!!!!

Just a wonderful job of combining the right clips with the music

I say again !!
                              BRAVO!!!!!!

Comment

I get to be the FIRST to say..........

BRAVO!!!!!!

Excellent job!!! and it is your first never would have guessed!!!!!!!!

Just a wonderful job of combining the right clips with the music

I say again !!
                                BRAVO!!!!!!
                                Stop! I'm turning as red as my shirt.

(((((((((((((((((Tame)))))))))))))))))))
                                (((((((((((((((((Marimba))))))))))))))))))

Thank you, Tame! And I also want to thank Marimba for helping me and being so supportive. I'm just filled with warm fuzzies now.
                                Tasha
                                JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Working...
                                X