This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
    I couldn't get onto Gateworld yesterday either, I thought it was probably just my computer playing up but I think it was something to do with Gateworld cause quite a few people had problems
    I think you are right, I couldn't get onto GW as well.I wasn't a happy camper cos earlier I had to wait whole weekend to get on the Net(Internet cafes in my town are closed on Saturdays and Sundays)

And I can't believe we have to wait till October!!! I guess it is only fair because Sci-Fi didn't air it till late either but I can't wait that long!!
    Look on the bright side.At least you KNOW that you will see it.I can never be sure.SG-1 isn't on Polish TV so I have to watch it on Germany RTL2 or French M6 and these channels tend to desappear when SG-1 is on.Not to mention I can't tape from M6(actually I don't have it and I go to my grandpa to watch it).See? Your situation is quite good in comparison to mine, don't ya think?

A tip for all of the brave members of the shipper family who are planning on watching A$$inity the first time it airs.....make sure you have a Potato and a fork/knife at the ready...whenever you see or whenever annoys you STAB THE POTATO!!
    It always helps me
    ....or if you don't have a potato make sure you at least have a few things ready that culd be thrown at the TV screen whenever pops up

off to do homework now
    lol!!! great suggestion!

OK SHIPPERS, I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!Does anyone know where I can download episodes?If you do please have mercy and PM me or e-mail me, I beg you.
    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
    sigpic
    awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Hello EVERYBODY......Shippers Sam and Jack .... I'm back

I nearly forgot how to to type on my keyboard

Thread 15 already and over 2 000 posts Congratulations to all of you.

Well I need to catch up and read thread 13 and 14 first (which I can't find !!!!!!!! because I know there are new kind of shippy spoilers thanks to Anakin who I met in the South of France.

Spoilers season 8

I know of the Jack 's girlfriends spoilers and Sam coming to speak to him .
      Now any new ones except those ones!!!!!

I also need to catch up on the 3 episodes I missed after Lockdown . Then I can start talking more .

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
        The UST is fun. And appealing. And necessary.
        But after 8 years of it... how much longer can you drag it out? It stops being cute. It stops being fun. It begins being a turnoff... like OD-ing on cotton candy?

But (MO) when SG goes into its 8th and pretty clearly final year & TPTB commit the female lead into a serious relationship w/someone else, the S/J UST seems kind of "huh ???!!" at that point because even though we (Shippers) know there are deep S/J feelings, it seems so out of character for Sam... (since she's the only one shown to us worrying aloud about the PS ship)

They should move to resolve the S/J ship to RST. Not over-the-top RST- IMO that'd be one way to kill any RST & the show really quick. Just make it as subtle as the ship use to be. (RST if written well can be just as enticing, just as titillating, just as much of a viewer hook as UST can be.)

Oh well... see y'all tonight, Forum permitting ...
        I agree with that too ..UST fun for a while but you can still have an exciting Sci-fi show with RST ...You just have to move to the next level....and it's exciting too ....specially when we are talking about 2 mature adults..

There's a time for everything ..and Sam and Jack had enough of UST ....Their love should be resolved soon ..otherwise ..they 'll look like complete idiots .....and all they need to do is talk WITHOUT INTERRUPTION please TPTB.

Now off to read thread 13, 14 and 15..and watch the 3 episodes I missed. so that I can get the good clips to make I hope A new video

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
          Hello EVERYBODY......Shippers Sam and Jack .... I'm back

I nearly forgot how to to type on my keyboard

Thread 15 already and over 2 000 posts Congratulations to all of you.

Well I need to catch up and read thread 13 and 14 first (which I can't find !!!!!!!! because I know there are new kind of shippy spoilers thanks to Anakin who I met in the South of France.

Spoilers season 8

I know of the Jack 's girlfriends spoilers and Sam coming to speak to him .
          Now any new ones except those ones!!!!!

I also need to catch up on the 3 episodes I missed after Lockdown . Then I can start talking more .

Caty aka ShipDiva
          hiya caty welcome back good holiday???

the have changed the name of the threads now its ne big disscussion on sam and jack not not sure what it's called.

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

<<<But I will be watching it, every bit of it... no hands before eyes... no pillow over my face... maybe a little nail biting... possible some serious cussin' >>

i will be watching it at work, having sneakily downloaded it onto my work computer (hey, if i don't read the rules, then i don't know it's againstthem, right? ) and although i will be in the room on my own, there'll be people right outsode, who can see me, so i won't be able to scream, swear, send the computer across the room..i'll also see it a bit later than you guys, having to wait for teh downlaods, but it hink i'llsave coming here until after it..keep myself completely unsullied (<snerk>)

but then i'll be here, with the rest of you, suffering or cheering, in a room full of people, so i can't moan out loud, or chant obscenties along with the rest of you (cos we'll be doing the chanting obscenties, won't we? do we do that? we should start doing that)

so, i will clear a space on the wall of my room in my angst cavern for teh medal

and i'd just like to apologise to the emebers of the sam and jack list, and jack and sam's pad for making you cry. i in no way enjoyed what i did in that fic <snicker>
            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

[QUOTE=kiwigater]Helloooo? um, what's up with the forum?? There are only 15 members and 18 guests online. >>>>

well, i tried to get on, but couldn't, last night. it was very annoying. did you miss me?

Comment

[QUOTE=kiwigater]I'm suprised she managed to make it into your room, what with your time being solidly booked in the Jack room
                Metamorphasis was just on network TV, shippy sigh
                Spoiler:
                Don't you just love it when Jack swoops in and picks her up... I just wish we got to see more of the swooping and the saving..... and the thank you kiss and the.... oops, seem to have gotten confused between the ep and my imagination

Spoiler:
                i love the entire thing. and don't you just love that it was in no even suspected of being ship? not in the spoilers, or online discussion...no, we had no idea it was shippy. it was shown in uk first, and i was sitting down to watch it..and suddenly...jack's offering to go before sam...sam and jack are doing the face to face thing from beneath the surface..SAM IS RESTING HER HEAD ON JACK'S SHOULDER!!!!! SWOOPING AND CARRYING HER..CATCHING HER WHEN SHE COMES OFF THE MACHINE..SQUEEE!!!!!. i got very overexcited, and rushed to my computer to tell everyone in usa

whenever i get down about the ship coming up, i remember metamorphosis, and and the previously unexpected, total surprise ship, and remind myself, we could have another episode where the ship is so there, and we had no idea before hand

damn, i waffled again. oh well.

Comment

Anyway, going by the season *so far* (I'm purposely coming in to ask *before* Affinity or Threads ) are you happy with the season so far, ship-wise?

yes

Spoiler:
                  there's been a lot of those little moments, standing together, laughing together, just being together. not major ship, but the little things that create an overall feeling of ship. no big moments, but i love the look sam gave jack when she woke up in new order, and the way he spotted her in the view screen before anyone else (i still swear there's a missing scene there...when jack says he can't get the thing to work, the obvious thing is to ask for carter, but the scene cuts of abruptly. then the next scene ewith jack, he's standing, subdued in the corner, and daniel is talking with thor about teh possiblity of sam being alive. i think there's a scene there where daniel told jack sam was dead...and there was such massive ship, they decided to keep it for a flashback sequence later, like the shippiness in d and c being a flashback of missing stuff in upgrades). i've spotted ship in almost every episode so far, so,discounting what i know is coming, so far, i'm happy

blimey, once i get going, you can't stop me, can you

Comment

[QUOTE=majorsal]I don't have the exact wording of Damien Kindlers
                    newest interview, but he was basically saying that UST
                    -unresolved sexual tension- is more appealing to fans
                    than RST -resolved sexual tension. Do you feel the
                    same?

What's your take on it?>>

you sound like daniel in WoO 'what do you think?'. umm, i wrote a huige essay on this over at teh sam and jack list, but bascially it boiled down to...UST for now, RST in the last couple of episodes. please.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                      OMG! It's alive!!!! I swear I was experienceing withdrawl symptoms.

Incredibly minor spoiler for season 7 Chimera and now future episodes

Spoiler:
                      Oh and I was reading the Robert Cooper interview at rdanderson.com and I had no idea that they originally offered the Pete Shanahan role to Ben Browder but he turned it down. If it had been Ben I wouldn't have blamed Sam for taking him back. Yum. Y.U.M.
                      Spoiler:
                      ben browder!!!!!! omg, that would made all the difference. oh yeah, definitly would have been a bigger threat. sam and jack would stil have ended up together, but the idea of ben browder and jack facing up to each other <melts in a puddle on the floor>. and then, when he didn't get sam, he could go off with vala, from prometheus unbound...played by CLAUDIA BLACK!!!!

and i'd just like to mention..i used ot think RST didn't work either..until i saw the last half of season four of farscape (what frelling way was that to end it!!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                        So you'd be a cheap date then?
                        Like many of us poor shippers, I had major because I couldn't get onto the forum yesterday and when I did, I was quite rudely kicked off. One time I got on and only got to read the above post from MG before I was kicked off. All night, yes, all night I have been wondering what this is all about. I hope I get to stay on long enough today to find out!

On Topic: I have been trying really hard to keep a positive attitude with the upcoming episode but am getting more and more anxious about it. I really have no doubt that the S/J ship will come in but I really get aggitated with all the in the meantime. This happens on lots of shows, JAG comes to mind first with Mac and Harm. I know a happy ending will be along but why does it have to be so long.....
                        Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          A whole slew of people just *Up and Disappeared*..... Ship Mum is being mean to me....and I think Hell has frozen over........ I am so depressed
                          Don't be depressed, Tame, just pretend the Asgard took us all to our happy place....except that to those of us who "up and disappeared" it was more like getting zatted. Not being able to get onto the forum is pure torture. My family laughed all day at my crankiness...I am better today (so far)
                          Desperate Thunker

Comment

<<except that to those of us who "up and disappeared" it was more like getting zatted. >>

several times, painfully. i tried for ages to get on last night, i was very upset i couldn't. plus a character in one of my fave tv shows died last night, and i had had no warning, so utter and complete shock as she thrown over the balcony..not a good day

<< Not being able to get onto the forum is pure torture. My family laughed all day at my crankiness...I am better today (so far) >>

no family to laugh at me, so i just curled up in the corner of the sofa with a cup of tea, and grunted all night along (i've just realised how hysterically funny that sounds...)

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                              <<except that to those of us who "up and disappeared" it was more like getting zatted. >>

several times, painfully. i tried for ages to get on last night, i was very upset i couldn't. plus a character in one of my fave tv shows died last night, and i had had no warning, so utter and complete shock as she thrown over the balcony..not a good day

<< Not being able to get onto the forum is pure torture. My family laughed all day at my crankiness...I am better today (so far) >>

no family to laugh at me, so i just curled up in the corner of the sofa with a cup of tea, and grunted all night along (i've just realised how hysterically funny that sounds...)
                              Hey Michelle, you do too have a family---US But don't worry, we won't laugh at you, even when you grunt! (at least not so you can hear us hehehehe)
                              Desperate Thunker

Comment

AAARRRGHHHHH!!!!!! IT WENT DOWN AGAIN. ok, it was only for a few minutes, but i panicked. what will happen if it does this on friday night/saturday morning? shippers all over the world will have nervous breakdowns!!!

and thank you, yes, i will feel free to grunt away, virtual family

Comment

Working...
                                X