X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost View Post
    (6)
    Spoiler:
    To Mitchell's surprise, the man handed him the keys. He didn't move from blocking the door, though. It didn't really matter because the black car that had careened around the corner was now blocking Sam's car from moving. Mitchell felt Sam tense next to him. Mitchell gave an exaggerated sigh, "Okay. What's going on?"

The back tinted window of the black car lowered halfway. A disembodied voice drifted through it. "Nothing to be worried about," it said. "Colonel Mitchell, if you and your lady would kindly join me, all will be explained."

Mitchell felt Sam bristle beside him, but she remained silent. Sam may have been incensed at being identified as "his lady", but Mitchell was more concerned by wondering who would know who he was, and yet, not know of the more distinguished Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter.
    Spoiler:
    Mitchell looked from the keys in his hand to the men and the car and then to Sam.

"What do you think Sam?"He whispered into her ear.

"I don't see a way out-" Sam admitted. "-we could only take one or two of those guys on and then there is the car to consider..."

"So what we go with them?"

"We do have the tracking devices in us-" Sam pointed out with a small smile. "-when we don't report in, General Landry will be looking for us."

"Alright then..." Mitchel agreed before nodding towards the burly men. "...we'll go with you."

The men ushered Mitchell and Sam into the car and the two found themselves facing a figure in black with a large hat on. The figure lifted its head and gazed upon the shocked faces of Mitchell and Sam.

There before them was a woman, she looked to be in her nineties and she had long soft snow white hair and intense blue eyes that seemed fixated on Sam in particular.

"Welcome." She stated with a small smile letting Mitchell and Sam know that she was the disembodied voice from before. "I suppose that I should explain to you why you both are here..."
    sigpic
    Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
    |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
      Spoiler:
      Mitchell looked from the keys in his hand to the men and the car and then to Sam.

"What do you think Sam?"He whispered into her ear.

"I don't see a way out-" Sam admitted. "-we could only take one or two of those guys on and then there is the car to consider..."

"So what we go with them?"

"We do have the tracking devices in us-" Sam pointed out with a small smile. "-when we don't report in, General Landry will be looking for us."

"Alright then..." Mitchel agreed before nodding towards the burly men. "...we'll go with you."

The men ushered Mitchell and Sam into the car and the two found themselves facing a figure in black with a large hat on. The figure lifted its head and gazed upon the shocked faces of Mitchell and Sam.

There before them was a woman, she looked to be in her nineties and she had long soft snow white hair and intense blue eyes that seemed fixated on Sam in particular.

"Welcome." She stated with a small smile letting Mitchell and Sam know that she was the disembodied voice from before. "I suppose that I should explain to you why you both are here..."
      Spoiler:
      "I am Madeline Cross," the elderly woman said softly. "All of my life I have been fascinated with life on other planets. E.T., little green men, Roswell critters," she said with a somewhat wicked smile.

"I've always been fascinated with that, too," Mitchell said in a soft southern accent. "But I doubt that in any of our lifetimes..."

"Son," Madeline interrupted. "Don't tell a lie before I have a chance to finish my story." She paused, Mitchell sat back in silence. "I know, and don't ask me how I know, but I know that you have visited other planets."

"We really haven't advanced technologically to the point that we..." Samantha started to say before Madeline interrupted her.

"Sometimes these things are given to us as gifts."

"Excuse me?" Mitchell asked.

"The higher muckety-mucks won't discuss it with me, so I'm going to the front-liners. The people doing the dirty work.... and don't deny it!" Madeline ordered.

Mitchell and Carter just looked questioningly at the older woman.

"What do you want from us?" Mitchell finally broke the silence.

Comment

2 questions:
        (1) Is somebody going to compile all the parts so that we can read it in its entirety someday? [Maybe including who wrote what part?]
        (2) How come I can't green people on this thread? Okay, I know the answer to that one - apparently I don't get around enough to spread the love.

Comment

2 questions:
          (1) Is somebody going to compile all the parts so that we can read it in its entirety someday? [Maybe including who wrote what part?]
          (2) How come I can't green people on this thread? Okay, I know the answer to that one - apparently I don't get around enough to spread the love.
          1) I can... after this weekend
          2) you answered yourself

Comment

2 questions:
            Apparently someone thought this sounded like I was begging for green...
            What I was trying to say was that I tried to green you all, but couldn't because I got that message that said I have to spread it around. I thought that was pretty clear, but sorry if anybody I care about misunderstood. I was trying to let you know that I wasn't ignoring y'all and that I really have been trying to green ya. Oh, well.

It would be nice if people would read more carefully before jumping the gun. <<<rolls eyes>>>
            BTW, it wasn't even anybody that posts in this thread, so... we're all cool.
            Last edited by ChillinTheMost; 22 June 2007, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Apparently someone thought this sounded like I was begging for green...
              What I was trying to say was that I tried to green you all, but couldn't because I got that message that said I have to spread it around. I thought that was pretty clear, but sorry if anybody I care about misunderstood. I was trying to let you know that I wasn't ignoring y'all and that I really have been trying to green ya. Oh, well.

It would be nice if people would read more carefully before jumping the gun. <<<rolls eyes>>>
              BTW, it wasn't even anybody that posts in this thread, so... we're all cool.
              Wait, did someone give you red for asking that question? Nobody here would do that....the only time I've ever given red was to a person in the episode threads who was ripping apart episodes (which is fine) and dismissing people's opinions as being wrong (which isn't okay).

Don't worry about it, your question didn't come across at all like you were begging for green. It looked like you were asking a legitimate question, one that I've had to ask people in the past.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks, Stef. It's all straightened out now. I sent a PM explaining and the person responded nicely. So............ On to Unending...

I was a little disappointed. I think it's because, even though I tried to avoid spoilers, I did see the picture
                Spoiler:
                of Cam wearing a Santa hat kissing Sam. I guess I hoped that would be a little better than it turned out to be - just the basic mistletoe kiss that he also shared with Vala. They didn't have to show any obvious "connection" scenes [although they did with Daniel/Vala], but some that we could interpret pro or con based on our preferences, would have been fun. I actually find it hard to believe that Mitchell didn't try to hook up with Sam. They couldn't show everything that happened in 50 years and maybe we can believe it happened and they didn't show it, but that fanwank doesn't work for me. Mitchell is young and obviously there are feelings between him and Sam that, if not romantic now, certainly seem to be the type that could develop that way, and I would think this situation would have brought that out. I guess TPTB didn't want to make it a hook-up show to appease the 'ship fandom or thought that that would be too cliched, [need an accent thingee], but I think that would have actually been more real. I can get Landry being fine without hooking up, he has a fatherly vibe with Sam; and I can get Teal'c not hooking up, he has more of a brotherly vibe. Maybe TPTB were also worried that the neg-fans would say that "those FarScape people came and brought all that nasty sex stuff with them".

So, I expected a bit more than I got, but that could be my own failing and not the show's. Now that I know what does/doesn't happen, maybe I'll enjoy it more on my second viewing. I don't want this to sound like I disliked it, it just felt "off" a little.

Hmmm, maybe some of those fanfics I couldn't read before because I didn't want to be spoiled will help me see things from a different angle...

Comment

Thanks, Stef. It's all straightened out now. I sent a PM explaining and the person responded nicely. So............ On to Unending...

I was a little disappointed. I think it's because, even though I tried to avoid spoilers, I did see the picture
                  Spoiler:
                  of Cam wearing a Santa hat kissing Sam. I guess I hoped that would be a little better than it turned out to be - just the basic mistletoe kiss that he also shared with Vala. They didn't have to show any obvious "connection" scenes [although they did with Daniel/Vala], but some that we could interpret pro or con based on our preferences, would have been fun. I actually find it hard to believe that Mitchell didn't try to hook up with Sam. They couldn't show everything that happened in 50 years and maybe we can believe it happened and they didn't show it, but that fanwank doesn't work for me. Mitchell is young and obviously there are feelings between him and Sam that, if not romantic now, certainly seem to be the type that could develop that way, and I would think this situation would have brought that out. I guess TPTB didn't want to make it a hook-up show to appease the 'ship fandom or thought that that would be too cliched, [need an accent thingee], but I think that would have actually been more real. I can get Landry being fine without hooking up, he has a fatherly vibe with Sam; and I can get Teal'c not hooking up, he has more of a brotherly vibe. Maybe TPTB were also worried that the neg-fans would say that "those FarScape people came and brought all that nasty sex stuff with them".

So, I expected a bit more than I got, but that could be my own failing and not the show's. Now that I know what does/doesn't happen, maybe I'll enjoy it more on my second viewing. I don't want this to sound like I disliked it, it just felt "off" a little.

Hmmm, maybe some of those fanfics I couldn't read before because I didn't want to be spoiled will help me see things from a different angle...
                  I kind of agree, although I loved the final episode...
                  Spoiler:
                  ...it would have been nice to see just a moment or two that suggested something had developed beween Sam/Cam. I'm not asking for anything akin to what D/V got (because then people would be complaining that it really was the love boat) but just a subtle little hint at something like they've always done.

I agree though, how could they spend 50 years together and NOT hook up!? That's a long time to go without some loving. Explains Cam's frustrations though, I guess.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                    I kind of agree, although I loved the final episode...
                    Spoiler:
                    ...it would have been nice to see just a moment or two that suggested something had developed beween Sam/Cam. I'm not asking for anything akin to what D/V got (because then people would be complaining that it really was the love boat) but just a subtle little hint at something like they've always done.

I agree though, how could they spend 50 years together and NOT hook up!? That's a long time to go without some loving. Explains Cam's frustrations though, I guess.

-Stef
                    I guess that would explain a few things...
                    sigpic

Comment

Poor Cam!!!

Spoiler:
                      Nah I don't believe in that 50 years, I like you but I won't hook up with you because of our ex lovers / whatever kind of story. They did hook up. All we need is need fan fiction to prove it.

Did I mention my great pover of denial?
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        Poor Cam!!!

Spoiler:
                        Nah I don't believe in that 50 years, I like you but I won't hook up with you because of our ex lovers / whatever kind of story. They did hook up. All we need is need fan fiction to prove it.

Did I mention my great pover of denial?
                        Your powers of denial are brilliant Anuna! Simply brilliant! ^_^
                        sigpic

Comment

It's true, for all we know something might have happened. Just because they weren't cuddling or anything doesn't mean nothing was going on. Maybe things happened in those years we saw very little of.

-Stef

Comment

On to Unending...

Spoiler:

Yeah, I was greatly disappointed because of that. And what made it worse for me was the fact that I watched it at a friend's house... a friend who's a DEVOUTE Sam/Jack shipper and who was at the Vancouver con and saw
                            Atlantis season 4 spoilers
                            Spoiler:
                            the pictures on Sam's desk. There are five. One of Daniel, one of Teal'c, one of Jacob, one of Cassie, and one of Sam fishing with Jack

Just pissed me off knowing that, then made my disppointment at this one detail of Unending SO MUCH BIGGER than it shoulda been for me. Oh well... we still have fan fic Now, who has the link to all that nominated fan fic I couldn't read before?

Comment

Oh just don't mention S4 of SGA. It's messing up with so many good things.

Fanfiction.

Yup.

Denial.

Indeed!!

I want the fan fiction link too!
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                the pictures on Sam's desk. There are five. One of Daniel, one of Teal'c, one of Jacob, one of Cassie, and one of Sam fishing with Jack
                                Ugh. I remember reading that and going...
                                Spoiler:
                                ...where are your other two teammates?! There should have been a team picture at the very least Apparently she doesn't like Vala and Cam...

Just one of the many things that is going wrong with this cross-over.

-Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X