Cameron Mitchell/Samantha Carter Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kales View Post
    Okay, guys. Question for the thread: who wants to have a Sam/Cam ficlet round robin? There aren't enough fics out there, we're agreed (are there ever, for anything?), so why not have a oneshot/ficlet round robin?
    That sounds like a fun idea! I'm game

Also, while I'm here....please allow me to shamelessly pimp a forum I started up a couple months back. The Scientist & The Flyboy. As you can tell, it's a Sam/Cam forum

And a little (although large in size) cap from 'Line in the Sand', because I just love it so much and must post it

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    MULTI-SHIPPER, AND PROUD

My command is this: Love each other as
    I have loved you. Greater love has no man than
    this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
    - John 15:12,13

Comment

Okay, guys. Question for the thread: who wants to have a Sam/Cam ficlet round robin? There aren't enough fics out there, we're agreed (are there ever, for anything?), so why not have a oneshot/ficlet round robin?
      Forgive my ignorance- what is 'round robin'???
      sigpic
      Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
      |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
        Forgive my ignorance- what is 'round robin'???
        Hope you don't mind my answering this......basically someone starts a story, and other people (in turn) write a paragraph toward the story.

So, I'd write:

"Not...again," Cam groaned, looking sideways at Sam with a sigh.

And you'd maybe write:

"You lost your pants again, didn't you?" she asked, trying desperately not to laugh.

Only better

Spoiler:
        MULTI-SHIPPER, AND PROUD

Comment

yup yup - either that or you can do a round of prompts, or everyone takes the same challenge and does something with it, the fun being seeing how many directions one challenge can go in. it's a fairly loose term

and i'll check that forum out later

Comment

I'm up for all of those. Although, um, I've never actually written a fic with either character I'm not sure how accurate their voices would be. But I'd try one.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Sounds like fun. Would we do it in this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by DropsOfAngst View Post

Also, while I'm here....please allow me to shamelessly pimp a forum I started up a couple months back. The Scientist & The Flyboy. As you can tell, it's a Sam/Cam forum
                Oooo, I'm going to check it out...

Comment

Oooo, the fic round robin idea sounds like a lot of fun. I've never written for Cam or Sam, though I've been toying with the idea of giving it a try.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                  "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

yup yup - either that or you can do a round of prompts, or everyone takes the same challenge and does something with it, the fun being seeing how many directions one challenge can go in. it's a fairly loose term

Oooh seriously? This is what comes of being so darn OLD! LOL i only ever knew of that other way, but yours would be very fun to try!!

And sweet There's not much there at the moment.....I haven't been pimping it out very well, lol

Spoiler:
                    MULTI-SHIPPER, AND PROUD

Comment

Oooh seriously? This is what comes of being so darn OLD! LOL i only ever knew of that other way, but yours would be very fun to try!!

And sweet There's not much there at the moment.....I haven't been pimping it out very well, lol

Well, lol, that's how we used to do it on Tamora Pierce forums Or rather, 'round robin' was just a term for "I want fic, and I want to write it. Who feels up for it in the most convenient way?!"

Also it was a great way for people who hadn't written the pairing before, or had never aired their writing in public, to get into it in a non-pressured situation, since we're all lovely people and will give constructive crit and not mean flames

So, here is the question. How do we want to do this? Options are... (feel free to quote and amend):

1. Paragraph each, an evolving tale?
                      2. Prompts are assigned per person (this is my least fave way I think)
                      3. Single challenge, what can we all do with it?

You know, numbers 1. and 3. could be ran at the same time.

Comment

Hope you don't mind my answering this......basically someone starts a story, and other people (in turn) write a paragraph toward the story.

So, I'd write:

"Not...again," Cam groaned, looking sideways at Sam with a sigh.

And you'd maybe write:

"You lost your pants again, didn't you?" she asked, trying desperately not to laugh.

Only better

Well, lol, that's how we used to do it on Tamora Pierce forums Or rather, 'round robin' was just a term for "I want fic, and I want to write it. Who feels up for it in the most convenient way?!"

Also it was a great way for people who hadn't written the pairing before, or had never aired their writing in public, to get into it in a non-pressured situation, since we're all lovely people and will give constructive crit and not mean flames

So, here is the question. How do we want to do this? Options are... (feel free to quote and amend):

1. Paragraph each, an evolving tale?
                        2. Prompts are assigned per person (this is my least fave way I think)
                        3. Single challenge, what can we all do with it?

You know, numbers 1. and 3. could be ran at the same time.
                        Ah I understand now... and I like all three ideas so what ever the group wants I'll go along with...
                        sigpic
                        Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                        |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

It's been a while... again... but there are new vids that I can't watch yet... not for one more week
                          Everyone who posted vids or fics that are spoilery through Unending, can you repost the links to 'em next weekend? Please?!
                          Got new piccies for everyone....

Family Ties:

Spoiler:
                          You just know that Cam was TOTALLY not saying what he was thinking

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X