X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*looks around*

Gosh it's quite in here....

....but here's a gift for you all. My first attempt at writing Camantha
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3511394/1/basically it addresses Sam's feelings for Jack and the potential with Cam mere moments before she leaves for Atlantis. For the sake of arugment this episode takes place between after Unending and in between 'First Strike' and 'Adrift' and before 'Ark of Truth' whether or not that timeline holds awaits to be seen... hope you enjoy- and review if you can!
    sigpic
    Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
    |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Anjirika, hehe, I'm sorry, but I can't call them anything other than Sam/Cam or SC. I just can't.

Lol, I've been doing a little em, how do I say it nicely... publicising for this 'ship? Just a little. Slipping little SC moments into my DV fics.

It's the only ship that converted me via fandom - I hadn't really considered shipping them until I stumbled on Synechdochic's Recovering The Satellites, the vid and the Dishwalla vid. And it wasn't until late s10 that I felt I'd gotten a hand hold of Cam's characterisation to try writing his POV, and I'm still dodgy on Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
        Anjirika, hehe, I'm sorry, but I can't call them anything other than Sam/Cam or SC. I just can't.

Lol, I've been doing a little em, how do I say it nicely... publicising for this 'ship? Just a little. Slipping little SC moments into my DV fics.

It's the only ship that converted me via fandom - I hadn't really considered shipping them until I stumbled on Synechdochic's Recovering The Satellites, the vid and the Dishwalla vid. And it wasn't until late s10 that I felt I'd gotten a hand hold of Cam's characterisation to try writing his POV, and I'm still dodgy on Sam.
        ^_^ Thats okay Kay- you say that you can't call this ship anything other than Sam/Cam or SC but I just love Camantha- it's like Dala- a good name smush... *giggle*... I just did some publicising for our ship too (check out my post above) cause I think that there is a woefull lack of fics out there.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
          ^_^ Thats okay Kay- you say that you can't call this ship anything other than Sam/Cam or SC but I just love Camantha- it's like Dala- a good name smush... *giggle*... I just did some publicising for our ship too (check out my post above) cause I think that there is a woefull lack of fics out there.
          You see, Camantha reminds me of Clamato juice (it has both clams AND tomatoes!!) There's always one combo that I'm weary of ever using, like VD for Vala/Daniel. I think we all know what VD normally stands for...and I don't like connecting STDs with my ships....just never a good thing!

There is actually one way of smashing that would allow you to use "Off the Charts!" (Chart= CH from mitCHell and ART from cARTer). I really need to do something with my time....instead of mixing people's names. I agree that it makes things easier and more creative, but I think I'll just stick with CS for now unless someone comes up with one that is just MIND-BLOWING.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
            You see, Camantha reminds me of Clamato juice (it has both clams AND tomatoes!!) There's always one combo that I'm weary of ever using, like VD for Vala/Daniel. I think we all know what VD normally stands for...and I don't like connecting STDs with my ships....just never a good thing!

There is actually one way of smashing that would allow you to use "Off the Charts!" (Chart= CH from mitCHell and ART from cARTer). I really need to do something with my time....instead of mixing people's names. I agree that it makes things easier and more creative, but I think I'll just stick with CS for now unless someone comes up with one that is just MIND-BLOWING.

-Stef
            Well untill someone comes up with something mindblowing I'll stick to Camantha... ^_^ I made a new sig to incorporate my three favourite ships.

Dala-Pure and simple
            Sparky Ever After
            and
            Camantha All the Way

Of course, I'll change the last one once an actual nickname has been chosen
            sigpic

Comment

I have seen the Sam/Cam ship referenced as SCAM, more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
                See I really don't like that name- it sounds as though our whole ship is wel a scam... ^_^ ...which is why I like Camantha. Not only is it cute IMHO but it fits with Dala with the first letter of the male name being smushed with the females full name...
                sigpic

Comment

See I really don't like that name- it sounds as though our whole ship is wel a scam... ^_^ ...which is why I like Camantha. Not only is it cute IMHO but it fits with Dala with the first letter of the male name being smushed with the females full name...
                  Yeah, I think "Scam" is what anti-Cam/Sam shippers use, is it not? I know that the one guy who came in here and posted S/J pictures was calling us "Scammers."

As for the Camantha...I say to each their own If you like it, that's all that matters! Afterall, I'm still trying to make DanDoran happen over in the DV thread

Love the added C/S element to your banner, Anjirika. I want to make one for DV and CS but I'm really pleased with my current one....

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I'd forgotten how much I love the episode Ethon. I watched it, tiredly, not really taking it in, last year. Rewatched after watching s10: The direction is just... it's one of those eps where they don't waste a minute of it, and the character interaction feels so smooth and so right because it's almost incidental to the action. And for a storyline that could easily feel so very sketchy and thin, it feels taut and tense. The scene where
                    Spoiler:

the prometheus blows up and that entire sequence at the end had me on the edge of my seat.

I don't think I moved for the entire episode, I felt like I was seeing it for the first time. Of course, The Hug and the looks took on new significance, and that final sting in the tail is just so good.

Comment

in the interests of improving my Cam characterisation - this is all building to doing a SC fic, btw - Cam story:
                      It's Cam/Daniel friendship, tag for Ethon s9.
                      (shoulders of giants but bumping shoulders with that guy)

Comment

Time to nominate some more Sam/Cam fics! Let's go with Sam/Cam Angst! Nominate at the Stargate Fan Awards, www.stargatefanawards.com
                        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Yeah, I am not real big on the labels or names for the shippers or other groups. I think I will just stick with Sam/Cam ship.

Comment

Sorry, I've been AWOL for a couple days... work
                            FINALLY saw your vid, Stef... very nice Good work!

....Ignore what I just said and use C/S.

.... It was so nice to see genuine caring about another person that was dramatic/touching but not in an over-the-top look-how-much-these-two-care-about-each-other-way. It was just perfect. Oh, and love the last scene....too adorable!! Plus, I like the fact that they are the same rank. Yeah, he's the leader, but it almost seems like a joint effort most of the time.

-Stef
                            Ignoring and yeah, I like that they have more of a partnership than a "sir-yes-sir" kinda thing. I SOOOO hated that she was always calling Jack sir, even when they were off duty

I like hopeless couples through fanfics- I just wish I could find some good ones, otherwise I'll have to write my own...

I don't know if we need a name but I do know that I like refering to ships by certain names 'Sparky/Shweir', 'Dala' ...etc. Just makes it easier when typing.

And have noticed this? The same people ship the same couples.
                            Kales and I ship Sparky and Dala and now Carmi (S/C) and Stef ships Dala and Carmi (S/C)
                            ^_^
                            We're one big shipper family!
                            Hey, if you wanna call 'em Carmi or Camantha, go for it! I'll be like Stef and just use the initials... or their names
                            And I may only be "active" in this 'ship thread, but I've always liked Shep and Weir... and Daniel and Vala, too.
                            As for fics, there are some pretty... juicy ones out there. If you want links, let me know, but they're mostly rated R or NC-17, so be aware.

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
                            Neelan, do you need me to tell you what is spoiler free and what's not? I can watch them all again for you if I need to (such a chore I know... but I'll do it for you!)
                            Naw, that's okay. If they're on LJ, they usually have spoiler warnings posted. I noticed that the spoiler warning on one was for LITS, so no worries!

....but here's a gift for you all. My first attempt at writing Camantha
                            http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3511394/1/basically it addresses Sam's feelings for Jack and the potential with Cam mere moments before she leaves for Atlantis. For the sake of arugment this episode takes place between after Unending and in between 'First Strike' and 'Adrift' and before 'Ark of Truth' whether or not that timeline holds awaits to be seen... hope you enjoy- and review if you can!
                            You'll have to be sure to repost the link to this one after I've seen Unending then. Still avoiding spoilers for that, so....

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
                              Don't you think that just sounds... mean?
                              That's the main reason I avoid it.
                              *off to watch more vids*

Comment

Yeah, I think "Scam" is what anti-Cam/Sam shippers use, is it not? I know that the one guy who came in here and posted S/J pictures was calling us "Scammers."

As for the Camantha...I say to each their own If you like it, that's all that matters! Afterall, I'm still trying to make DanDoran happen over in the DV thread

Love the added C/S element to your banner, Anjirika. I want to make one for DV and CS but I'm really pleased with my current one....

-Stef
                                Thanks about the banner.... and I do love yours Stef, though I know that I've said that before, and you are right- to each their own

Originally posted by Kales View Post
                                I'd forgotten how much I love the episode Ethon. I watched it, tiredly, not really taking it in, last year. Rewatched after watching s10: The direction is just... it's one of those eps where they don't waste a minute of it, and the character interaction feels so smooth and so right because it's almost incidental to the action. And for a storyline that could easily feel so very sketchy and thin, it feels taut and tense. The scene where
                                Spoiler:

the prometheus blows up and that entire sequence at the end had me on the edge of my seat.

I don't think I moved for the entire episode, I felt like I was seeing it for the first time. Of course, The Hug and the looks took on new significance, and that final sting in the tail is just so good.
                                Oh I know- that was such a good episode I too was totally rivieted to the screen.

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                                Ignoring and yeah, I like that they have more of a partnership than a "sir-yes-sir" kinda thing. I SOOOO hated that she was always calling Jack sir, even when they were off duty [/B]

Hey, if you wanna call 'em Carmi or Camantha, go for it! I'll be like Stef and just use the initials... or their names
                                And I may only be "active" in this 'ship thread, but I've always liked Shep and Weir... and Daniel and Vala, too.
                                As for fics, there are some pretty... juicy ones out there. If you want links, let me know, but they're mostly rated R or NC-17, so be aware.

You'll have to be sure to repost the link to this one after I've seen Unending then. Still avoiding spoilers for that, so....
                                I agree with you on the whole Sam/Jack 'sir' thing with Camantha they call each other by their actual names- they are partners. ^_^ I love that your a Sparky fan and a Dala one too! And I am in love with the name Camantha so I will stick with it... as for the story there are no real spoilers- so long as you know where Amanda Tapping is being employed right now--- and the movie titles.... other than that there is nothing major at all....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X