Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
    *waves hello*
    Hello all! First time posting in this lovely thread... the first time I noticed something between Cam/Sam was in 'Line in the Sand' for those of us who have seen it

Spoiler:
    The way he took care of her--

It sent shivers through me those scenes....

So here I am-- in all my newbie glory and just what I need- another ship that won't go anywhere... *sighs* ...but then again I'm a Harry/Hermoine fan and that doesn't stop me from shipping them...

*giggle*

*waves bye-bye*
    I'm off to find some more Sam/Cam vids... by the way do us S/C shippers have a name?
    Ha Ha!! Look at all of those familiar faces! I like to think it's because of my subtle vid pimping in the DV thread

You know what, I don't need this relationship to turn into some drawn-out angst-fest. I'm actually happy with what we have....the little looks, the moments of concern, the teasing I like the subtlety of their relationship

Name? That's hard. How about Charm...the C is for Cam, there's an "h" in Mitchell....and....um...."ar" from Carter, and m for Sam/Cam. Makes perfect sense Other wacky combos: Marter (Mitchell/cARTER), Charter (mitCHell/cARTER), and Shell (Sam/MitcHELL). Yeah, you're right....those are all horrible. Ignore what I just said and use C/S.

I agree with you Isa- I'm okay with Sam and Jack but a) I think that he is too old for her and b) it was way to forced and c) way too puppydog like... S/C is fun and has good chemistry and not filled with angst... and yes, Line in the Sand is the sweetest ep in my opnion too...
    Of course, the real reason for the conversion is because C/S have a wonderful, natural, and easy chemistry together. Somehow, it never feels forced to me...and trust me, there have been times when I think my own shippy moments have been forced LITS was pretty much a revelation for me, not only in terms of C/S but in terms of Cam. He's actually becoming a favorite character of mine (okay, "The Quest Pt.2" helped ). It was so nice to see genuine caring about another person that was dramatic/touching but not in an over-the-top look-how-much-these-two-care-about-each-other-way. It was just perfect. Oh, and love the last scene....too adorable!! Plus, I like the fact that they are the same rank. Yeah, he's the leader, but it almost seems like a joint effort most of the time.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Great video Stef. I love that song by the Goo Goo Dolls and it fits the pair so well. Great stuff.

So, got a little bored earlier and started playing with photoshop. And before I knew it I was playing around with some Cam/Sam pics. Came up with a little something, not sure how much I like it but I thought I'd share.

And actually, speaking of videos. I've been going through my music collection as well as finding a bit of new inspiration on pandora and I have a couple of songs that I think might be good for a C/S video ... but I don't know. Thought I'd share and get everyone's opinons.

Charlie A'Court - I'm Coming Home
      McFly - Just My Luck
      Charlatans - Loving You Is Easy

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
      "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Stef, vid rocks, goo goos rock

cshawyze, I like the last one best

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
          So it was you!! I was trying to remember! Thanks for recommending it. I was hesitant to do another Goo Goo Dolls song after "Better Days" because I don't like to stick to one artist too much...but you're right, the song just fit them wonderfully and I really wanted a vid that I could do a lot of cuts with, as opposed to more "softer" editing (such as fades and overlays, etc). Plus, I want it to be both a friendship & relationship vid, so I didn't want anything too romantic-sounding Thanks again for that suggestion!
          Yup, twas me I tend to prefer the faster vids myself, more cuts just seem to make the couple more exciting, especially since most of the time with ship vids it's all interpretation of looks and such and that can sometimes get drawn out and boring.

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
          Thank you, I will! And I do... just send me a PM and I'll send you what I have when I'm at home this evening.
          Will do, thanks!!

*waves hello*
          Hello all! First time posting in this lovely thread...
          I'm off to find some more Sam/Cam vids... by the way do us S/C shippers have a name?
          Hello Anjirika! Welcome to the thread! Good luck with the Sam/Cam vids, there aren't too many out there. If you see a good one, post it up here in case I missed it!
          I prefer Sam/Cam over any smushed name, it already sounds cute with it rhyming and all

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
          And actually, speaking of videos. I've been going through my music collection as well as finding a bit of new inspiration on pandora and I have a couple of songs that I think might be good for a C/S video ... but I don't know. Thought I'd share and get everyone's opinons.

Charlie A'Court - I'm Coming Home
          McFly - Just My Luck
          Charlatans - Loving You Is Easy

Whichever ones are faster are the ones I'd like Do you happen to have files to dl for us to listen to? I can never tell just by lyrics .
          It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Vignette, post Quest-2, spoilers up to and including Quest 2.

Cam/Sam/Vala friendship, interpret the ships as you will

Getting closer to writing the Sam/Cam, Stef

(simple measures for complicated people)

Comment

Welcome to all of you that have just found our little corner of the forum!

We, too, love Cam/Sam because they are just so relaxed and fun with each other - and Sam deserves some fun!

I haven't read the stories or watched the vids, yet. I don't have time and I, too, am avoiding spoilers. I just wanted to check on a thread or two -- I hope to have more time to spend her another day. And I also hope to find a few days to catch up on the Mitchell Appreciation Thread. Haven't been there in a while, either...

Comment

It's okay... we're all here shipping another hopeless couple.
                That's what FICs are for!!!
                I like hopeless couples through fanfics- I just wish I could find some good ones, otherwise I'll have to write my own...

NO! We're not called scammers... that person was trying to be funny and their post was deleted. I don't need a "name" for shipping these two, but I think there are some folks who have a name for us.... Do you think we need one?
                I don't know if we need a name but I do know that I like refering to ships by certain names 'Sparky/Shweir', 'Dala' ...etc. Just makes it easier when typing.

Ha Ha!! Look at all of those familiar faces! I like to think it's because of my subtle vid pimping in the DV thread
                Yes yes Stef, that is totally it.

You know what, I don't need this relationship to turn into some drawn-out angst-fest. I'm actually happy with what we have....the little looks, the moments of concern, the teasing I like the subtlety of their relationship
                It's like Sparky. Nice and subtle, between the lines..

Name? That's hard. How about Charm...the C is for Cam, there's an "h" in Mitchell....and....um...."ar" from Carter, and m for Sam/Cam. Makes perfect sense Other wacky combos: Marter (Mitchell/cARTER), Charter (mitCHell/cARTER), and Shell (Sam/MitcHELL). Yeah, you're right....those are all horrible. Ignore what I just said and use C/S.
                See C/S or S/C aren't bad they're just... a little boring.
                Lemme think...

Hmm.. how bout Carmi? its got the 'car' from CARter and the 'mi' MItchell and it's like Karma which is what those two have....

Of course, the real reason for the conversion is because C/S have a wonderful, natural, and easy chemistry together. Somehow, it never feels forced to me...and trust me, there have been times when I think my own shippy moments have been forced LITS was pretty much a revelation for me, not only in terms of C/S but in terms of Cam. He's actually becoming a favorite character of mine (okay, "The Quest Pt.2" helped ). It was so nice to see genuine caring about another person that was dramatic/touching but not in an over-the-top look-how-much-these-two-care-about-each-other-way. It was just perfect. Oh, and love the last scene....too adorable!! Plus, I like the fact that they are the same rank. Yeah, he's the leader, but it almost seems like a joint effort most of the time.

-Stef
                I've loved Mitchell from the very beginning since the whole 'What if the world needs saving because I screwed up and you weren't here in the first place' until that line I hated him... and yes, they do have a natural chemistry that isn't forced. It's like how Sam and Jack were in the early years... like Solitudes.... only even that seemed a little forced.

Originally posted by Kales View Post
                Stef, vid rocks, goo goos rock
                *waves* Hi Kales!
                You're right, Stef's vids do rock.

And have noticed this? The same people ship the same couples.
                Kales and I ship Sparky and Dala and now Carmi (S/C) and Stef ships Dala and Carmi (S/C)
                ^_^
                We're one big shipper family!

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
                Hello Anjirika! Welcome to the thread! Good luck with the Sam/Cam vids, there aren't too many out there. If you see a good one, post it up here in case I missed it!
                I prefer Sam/Cam over any smushed name, it already sounds cute with it rhyming and all
                See- I'm not fan of rhymes...when you say it it just sounds a little odd...

Ooo! How bout Camantha? As for vids- I couldn't find any. *cries* We really are a tiny ship...

Kales that was great.... really, really great!
                sigpic
                Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Oh c$$p, I burned dinner because I was watching Stef's video for the sixth consecutive time.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Whichever ones are faster are the ones I'd like Do you happen to have files to dl for us to listen to? I can never tell just by lyrics .
                    Sure, when I get the chance I'll play around with megaupload so you can hear the songs.

That was great. Several really poignant lines.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                    "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

As for vids- I couldn't find any. *cries* We really are a tiny ship...
                      Here are two of my favorites:
                      When Morning Comes by Di_br:
                      http://community.livejournal.com/sta...ds/124133.html
                      Recovering the satelites by synecdochic:
                      http://synecdochic.livejournal.com/75346.html

I know there are more out there, I believe I counted 5 before Stef made her two... but I can't locate them.
                      There was one called Touched by StargateVala on Youtube, but it was removed in the big sweep and I have no way of tracking it down.
                      One called Broken, but I can't find that one either....
                      And another one that I can't even remember the name of... Anybody got those anywhere?

Comment

I know there are more out there, I believe I counted 5 before Stef made her two... but I can't locate them.
                        There was one called Touched by StargateVala on Youtube, but it was removed in the big sweep and I have no way of tracking it down.
                        One called Broken, but I can't find that one either....
                        And another one that I can't even remember the name of... Anybody got those anywhere?
                        Thanks--- only 5?
                        sigpic

Comment

And have noticed this? The same people ship the same couples.
                          Kales and I ship Sparky and Dala and now Carmi (S/C) and Stef ships Dala and Carmi (S/C)
                          ^_^
                          We're one big shipper family!
                          I'm also a Sparky fan! I used to be pretty hardcore (they're what got me into the Stargates to begin with) but then the whole Weir thing happened and I lost faith I've still got a little shred of hope left....but I'm not actively making vids, fics, or art for them anyway. Besides, the Sparky thread makes me sad sometimes

I have two VERY early vids around here somewhere. They were the first Stargate vids I ever made.

What a trio we make!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE "When Morning Comes." It's pretty much my base for making every C/S vid. I'll never be that good, but I can still reach for the stars

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
                          Oh c$$p, I burned dinner because I was watching Stef's video for the sixth consecutive time.
                          My job is done then

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks--- only 5?
                            Okay, I found the link to Broken, it's by KJ@SVala: http://community.livejournal.com/sam...w=83896#t83896 It's also really good.

And found 2 more:
                            Grazed Knee by Meesh: http://community.livejournal.com/mee...oms/67466.html
                            and I don't Know if I should Stay by Tyniere: http://community.livejournal.com/sam_cameron/14158.html

There are another couple out there, but if they don't hold my interest I don't save them.

I'm also a Sparky fan! I used to be pretty hardcore (they're what got me into the Stargates to begin with) but then the whole Weir thing happened and I lost faith I've still got a little shred of hope left....but I'm not actively making vids, fics, or art for them anyway. Besides, the Sparky thread makes me sad sometimes

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE "When Morning Comes." It's pretty much my base for making every C/S vid. I'll never be that good, but I can still reach for the stars
                            I'm a McShWeir shipper, does that count? I'm not a Shep/Weir shipper because I don't like how forced they appear sometimes on the show (I prefer the subtler moments) but I do enjoy them in fic, especially Shep/Weir McKay/Weir triangle fics

When Morning Comes is beautiful! That's actually what really got me intersted in the ship. I was a casual shipper before I saw it, but after, it was just too strong to deny!

Neelan, do you need me to tell you what is spoiler free and what's not? I can watch them all again for you if I need to (such a chore I know... but I'll do it for you!)

Comment

When Morning Comes is beautiful! That's actually what really got me intersted in the ship. I was a casual shipper before I saw it, but after, it was just too strong to deny!
                              Same with me. It still remains one of the few videos that was ever really able to blow me away. Of course, there are plenty that I love, but this one really takes the cake.

Thanks for the links

-Stef

Comment

I have two VERY early vids around here somewhere. They were the first Stargate vids I ever made.

What a trio we make!

-Stef
                                Both those vids- when morning comes and sattelites were amazing. And Stef, my case is settled. You, me and Kales ship the same 3 ships... ^_^ There's gotta be something about that- they're the most natural maybe?? *giggle*

Okay, I found the link to Broken, it's by KJ@SVala: http://community.livejournal.com/sam...w=83896#t83896 It's also really good.

And found 2 more:
                                Grazed Knee by Meesh: http://community.livejournal.com/mee...oms/67466.html
                                and I don't Know if I should Stay by Tyniere: http://community.livejournal.com/sam_cameron/14158.html

There are another couple out there, but if they don't hold my interest I don't save them.

I'm a McShWeir shipper, does that count? I'm not a Shep/Weir shipper because I don't like how forced they appear sometimes on the show (I prefer the subtler moments) but I do enjoy them in fic, especially Shep/Weir McKay/Weir triangle fics

Neelan, do you need me to tell you what is spoiler free and what's not? I can watch them all again for you if I need to (such a chore I know... but I'll do it for you!)
                                Thank you, thank you, thank you for the vids! And as for you being a McShWeir shipper- still Sparky in a sense... ^_^
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X