Daniel Jackson/Michael Shanks Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seshat
    Okay, I PM'd you, Foxy, with my MS phone call story, but I'll post it here if you guys can give me a few minutes, or twenty! The forum is crashing right and left for me, probably because all those people who actually attended the Burbank con and REALLY have something worthwhile to talk about besides my silly long-distance story all came online at once.
    Darnit! I have to leave! Darn husband! But I expect a full report from you Ses when I get back. Keeping fingers crossed that the forum stays online for you long enough. And I won't post a pic cause I want you to be able to post!

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
    Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by mazz
      I'd prefer the other option, but he has to agree to quit smoking first before I accept his proposal.
      Mazz, I gotta know how you know MS smokes.
      You left MSN before I could properly ask.

Originally posted by Kliggins
      What? All I did was hand him the phone he requested? Sheesh, I am supposed to turn down a request from Micheal; in your dreams.
      Speaking of which..... If anyone needs someone to call while they're getting their autograph or whatnot, I'd be more than happy to give out my phone number.

Yup, I did! I'd post more but the forum keep crashing for me...
      I'm sorry hon. *pats arm*
      That's strange though. I'm usually the first one to experience probs since I have crappy dial-up. It's always disconnecting at the worst times.

Originally posted by Jilly
      PATDS = of course, pure as the driven snow.
      Or is it PATDOS=pure as the driven over snow..... ?

Originally posted by Jilly
      As for the story, I've only gotten it second hand and can't be very accurate. Any con-goers want to tell the story of the crazy fan?
      Somebody, please, do tell.

GW, not posting a pic to try & help Ses with her posting.

~ I have a LiveJournal !. ~

Comment

Okay, here it is in all its glory, my I-wasn't-actually-at-the-con-but-look-what-happened-to-me-anyway really silly story. It's waaay too lengthy and fangirly so I hope you will forgive me!

The wonderful Kliggs took a slew of my specially character personalized "book covers" to the Burbank con for signing, and let me ride along on the experience via her cell phone. That she was going to include me this way was unexpected and quite generous of her! For two days I actually got to hear many wonderful comments from the stars of the shows about my designs. Then lastly on Sunday, when Kliggs hands MS the large, full color high res version of The Guide, he obviously recognizes it (egads! ) and he says "Oh, no! Not again!" in a really disgusted tone (but in fun). I think he wants to know who is behind all this, and I can hear Kliggs cheerfully telling him that although that SHE was not responsible for the artwork, she has the woman who actually designed the cover on the phone...so suddenly he holds out his hand for her phone and she just hands it over to him! Then amazingly I hear MS' voice growling in my ear, "So it's YOU, again?" in a playfully nasty way, you know.

For just a second I was just dumbfounded because I couldn't believe I had MS on the other end of my phone, large as life! “No, no, I designed the book covers, “I said, “but I’m not the woman who presented one to you on stage earlier this year..." He replies, "So YOU are not the one who came on stage?" "Oh no, that was another person entirely...” Kliggs is howling with laughter at this, of course.

"Soooo…” he oozes at me across the phone lines, “I haven't actually met YOU, yet, then, right?" I can practically hear him hear him grin as he says this. But baffled as to how to answer, I just say the first thing that pops into my brain, "Well, no, you haven't met me yet...but...uh...don't worry, Michael, you’ll get the chance next March, when I come up for the Vancouver con. You'll get THAT pleasure then." (So he's laughing…) "And I'll bring you something equally outrageous to sign for me when I do."

At which point there was MUCH laughter on the other end of the phone, and I figured he would hand it back to Kliggs. But no, Michael just goes on chatting! "And what do you do for a living?" he says, all innocently. "Umm…I'm a graphic designer." "But what is your specialty?" "My specialty??" Now I am completely dumfounded as to why MS is asking me my specialty...I honestly couldn't figure out what the heck he was going on about...

I replied, "Why, publications like the one you are holding right now, of course...it's what I do for a living - design." "Nooooo", he says, then very slowly, enunciating each word with relish, "What is your specialty that that makes you SO interested in the whumping of archaeologists?"

I can hear him really grinning at the other end of the line now...his comment has stopped me short and he knows it...and there is a lot of laughter on both ends of the phone... including from Kliggs who is enjoying each and every second of my stupification. Well, why not, SHE’s the lucky one getting to look in those baby blue eyes all the time I am becoming more and more and more embarrassed via phone! BTW, Michael’s voice was obviously a little hoarse after talking all day, so it sounded all throaty and deep and all growl-like through the phone....let me tell you…wow.

Luckily I came to my senses and replied, "I'll just have to leave that up to your imagination, Michael." THAT comment got a very long low laugh and deep chuckling... And he answered, "Oh noooo...you don't want to do THAT..." and more chuckling. This was about the point that reality sank in...I realized that I was listening to MS laughing at my stupid joke, and he's trying to make ME laugh, and I'm thinking...life is good!

He then said other things to me...none of which I can remember as my brain had stopped working by then ...and I THINK I thanked him for signing the cover for me...but I can’t remember much past that point, really. I was in shock! Then it was a nice goodbye (or so Kliggs tells me, I must have been in a coma) and the phone went back to Kliggs. Who is now my new hero!!

Comment

Yes, DEFINITELY, Ses, we all want to hear about your special phone call! Please give us every single detail and syllable!

**Now, waiting patiently....**
          OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Okay, here it is in all its glory, my I-wasn't-actually-at-the-con-but-look-what-happened-to-me-anyway really silly story. It's waaay too lengthy and fangirly so I hope you will forgive me!
            He then said other things to me...none of which I can remember as my brain had stopped working by then ...and I THINK I thanked him for signing the cover for me...but I can’t remember much past that point, really. I was in shock! Then it was a nice goodbye (or so Kliggs tells me, I must have been in a coma) and the phone went back to Kliggs. Who is now my new hero!!

Wow!! That is so cool. OK. I kinda want to actually give him the Handbook now. I think. Maybe..... Speaking of which, if anyone who's writing anything for it could e-mail me your copy by the second week of August, that would be good. Give us enough time to revamp, minor corrections, etc.

I'm getting so excited for the Chicago Con now. Not that I wasn't before. But, SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Kerri

Comment

Way to go, Kliggs!! And just WOW, Ses! I can't imagine being able to put two words together in a sentence if I was talking to MS - that you carried on a conversation with him is STUPENDOUS!!!

I can see it now - how many of us will have our cell phones out at the next con we're at, ready to "phone a friend" and see if we can get one of the guys to talk to them. Or better yet - we'll all be volunteering to be the friend to get the call! (Yep, I'd give my cell # to someone if there was a chance of hearing Michael's voice on it! Although I'd be a little afraid too - what if I'm struck dumb and can't get any words out!! )

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, Seshat! You know we're all jealous and glad for you at the same time!!

Blessings,
              OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Just a little postscript to the story.
                This is kind of what Michael looked like after the phone call.

sigpic

Comment

OMG Ses!!! Thats so awesome!! Fantastic.... I'm lost for words! I'm soooo happy for you! And not jealous, no not at all!

I'm amazed that u actually manamged to speak to him. I would have fainted a long time ago lol

Comment

Kliggins you're so cool! Do u have more pics???

Comment

OMG SES! That's amazing! I'm laughing & crying. And dying of jealousy. But SO thrilled for you at the same time!

Originally posted by Switch42
                      I'm getting so excited for the Chicago Con now. Not that I wasn't before. But, SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Kerri, I might not be able to go to Chicago Con. Can I give you my phone #?

Oh, and I might be helping Mazz with the Firearms Fixation bit. I'll let ya know.

~ I have a LiveJournal !. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                        Just a little postscript to the story.
                        This is kind of what Michael looked like after the phone call.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...bb05/msbb1.jpg
                        So glad to know I have that kind of effect on men...
                        I guess Ang was right about the "phone-enhanced services" really taking it out of a guy...

Comment

Originally posted by Ronja
                          OMG Ses!!! Thats so awesome!! Fantastic.... I'm lost for words! I'm soooo happy for you! And not jealous, no not at all!

I'm amazed that u actually manamged to speak to him. I would have fainted a long time ago lol

Actually, it was a lot like talking to my next door neighbor on the phone.

My really HOT next door neighbor.

And if my really HOT next-door neighbor had his own TV series.

Yeah...just the same.

Comment

Originally posted by GateWarrior
                            Or is it PATDOS=pure as the driven over snow..... ?

[/COLOR]
                            Well in my case, as we all know, it is pure as the driven snow!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ronja
                              Kliggins you're so cool! Do u have more pics???
                              I do have more, but that is the only I had time to scan before going to work. I will get them and my report up as soon as possible.
                              sigpic

Comment

Actually, it was a lot like talking to my next door neighbor on the phone.

My really HOT next door neighbor.

And if my really HOT next-door neighbor had his own TV series.

Yeah...just the same.
                                Yeah just the same....

I wish I lived in the US. We never have any fun over here *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X