Daniel Jackson/Michael Shanks Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJFavorite
    Sew??? What kind of work do you do?? I would love to sew for a living. (but I don't know yet what I would like to sew)
    I do dressmaking and alterations although lately I've had clients requesting slipcovers more than anything else. I did slipcovers for a friend's LSU Party RV, and since she knows just about everybody around here, they know who to call now.

My favorite stuff is custom dressmaking, but alterations and slipcovers pay the best.

Imagine taking the inseam measurement on Evil Daniel's trousers for a proper hem length...grrnggle

Comment

Originally posted by blingaway
      Imagine taking the inseam measurement on Evil Daniel's trousers for a proper hem length...grrnggle
      (Tries grappling with that idea even now...)

Comment

I do dressmaking and alterations although lately I've had clients requesting slipcovers more than anything else. I did slipcovers for a friend's LSU Party RV, and since she knows just about everybody around here, they know who to call now.

My favorite stuff is custom dressmaking, but alterations and slipcovers pay the best.

I've been sewing since I was 9, but I never learned how to alter clothes. I'm currently working my own projects of making window coverings for the bedrooms and a bad attempt to re-upholster the seats on our boat. Not going very well.

As far as those measurements, I'd use the same rules as carpenters, Measure twice.....uh, what's the rest of that.
        No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

As far as those measurements, I'd use the same rules as carpenters, Measure twice.....uh, what's the rest of that.
          If it were ME, that would be "measure twice, then hire someone else who actually knows what they're doing".

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
            If it were ME, that would be "measure twice, then hire someone else who actually knows what they're doing".
            Actually, when I do carpentry, I measure at least a half dozen times. I'm always a little nervous about getting it right.

Daniel's a little unsure where this conversation is going.
            No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Daniel only heard the part about measuring being involved.

Comment

What, it has to go somewhere? It can't just spin out there over the pond churning aimlessly, gathering strength and then crashing ashore in a wave of thunks and faintness when somebody makes a bondage-themed run at a milestone?

Comment

Nice pic! I really like the bicep standing out.
                  The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

Originally posted by Klorel
                    Nice pic! I really like the bicep standing out.
                    It's my cap but give Foxie the credit. She points out things worth capping.

Like this one...

Comment

It's my cap but give Foxie the credit. She points out things worth capping.
                      Like this one...

Yes, that's a very striking shot of Daniel's...errr....computer. I can see why you wanted it.

Comment

Very striking and very NICE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                          Yes, that's a very striking shot of Daniel's...errr....computer. I can see why you wanted it.
                          Yes... his... computer... I'm sure that's what we're all so interested in. Its a very... nice... computer.

Sonya's Fanfiction:

Don't make a move tonight, you can only stagger
                          Once she's got you in her sight you're the one she's after.
                          One by one you count the fights, doesn't even matter
                          That she's got you by surprise, misery's your master.

Comment

Hmmm...it's so quiet in here that I feel like I'm talking to myself.

Comment

I'm here now!.....sorry been busy watching Celebrities singing for charity and making fools of themselves.....

I haven't got a "Danny at the computer" piccie...but how'd you like to sit opposite this at a business meeting?....

He can debrief me anytime....

DD xx
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Same here!!!!! I call the first debriefing!!

Comment

Working...
                                X