Daniel Jackson/Michael Shanks Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JessM
    Gotta say I agree with Deeds (*ducks*). I personally feel the show has run its course and to be honest, just because SciFi is cancelling it doesn't mean it's gone for good. I heard that MGM is still interesting in pursuing it somewhere else.

Spoilers for MS interview:
    Spoiler:
    Did anyone read in the Eclipse magazine interview that Michael said he was the only one who hadn't signed on for season 11? He said something to the effect of not necessarily being part of it. I doubt I would watched without him and I think the show might lose quite a bit of its viewership that way.

Of course we are all sad when something we love ends. And it's good to remember that there are many differing opinions amongst the wide variety of Gwers. I, for one, was not one bit surprised to hear of the show's cancellation, and I am not as sad as some that it is ending. But that doesn't mean that I don't sympathize with those who do. I think that every hussy in here is capable of empathy, because we have a long history of helping each other and being here for each other, and that is something to be proud of.

As so many have said, I also doubt this is the last we'll see of SG1. Whether it be a TV movie or character appearances on SGA, there will definitely be more Sam, Teal'c and Daniel. I guess I feel that 10 years is a good run, and that the actors would probably like to get on to something else now, too. I can't blame them!

Comment

Originally posted by tryxy
      I am not surprised by the cancellation. It had to happen sooner or later but its the way its happen that has me upset and angry.

The cast and came together to celebrate an amazing achievement and now that celebration will be forever tainted by the cancellation.

Why SFI couldn't have waited and let them have their moment in the sun and then let the shadows fall is beyond me.

God bless the cast and crew in their future endeavors.
      See this is what I don't get either? Why now?? They couldn't even wait a week after the 200'th episode? Like you said... 200 will now forever be remembered as the time of the cancellation... not the happy memory and amazing achievement it should be! *sigh*

I too need a pic to cheer me up

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1
        10 years is an amazing run!!!! I discovered it at the end of the 5th season. This show has had such an impact on my life. I have travelled and meet some incredible great people that I would never have meet otherwise. To me they are going out on a high note. They still are having fun.

I am saddened but after thinking about it for a bit I am quite interested to see what the future holds not only for the show but for MS. We may get a SG1 feature film!!! Wouldn't it be awesome to see SG1, especially DJ up there on the big screen? Larger then Life!!! It would also be cool to see MS in other roles.

I think that's about when I found Stargate, too -- somewhere in its 5th year. I never would have figured to stay interested this long in the show! Meeting so many hussies in here has helped me stay interested, long after my enthusiasm for the scripts vanished. I agree that going out now while they are still having fun is a good thing. And there will be so much more to look forward to, I'm sure. I think I'd like to just be happy for the actors who can move on to other things now, which we will undoubtedly find interesting to watch and chat about.

Comment

Originally posted by tryxy
          I am not surprised by the cancellation. It had to happen sooner or later but its the way its happen that has me upset and angry.

The cast and came together to celebrate an amazing achievement and now that celebration will be forever tainted by the cancellation.

Why SFI couldn't have waited and let them have their moment in the sun and then let the shadows fall is beyond me.

God bless the cast and crew in their future endeavors.
          I feel the same exact way, tryxy. I am not too surprised either - just a bit by how quickly it was, maybe, but I was not happy that it had to happen so soon after the 200th episode. It has made it quite bittersweet, IMHO.

A huge ditto from me - I wish the cast and crew the best of luck in all that they do.

A sort of sad smile - perhaps fitting?

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
            Of course we are all sad when something we love ends. And it's good to remember that there are many differing opinions amongst the wide variety of Gwers. I, for one, was not one bit surprised to hear of the show's cancellation, and I am not as sad as some that it is ending. But that doesn't mean that I don't sympathize with those who do. I think that every hussy in here is capable of empathy, because we have a long history of helping each other and being here for each other, and that is something to be proud of.

As so many have said, I also doubt this is the last we'll see of SG1. Whether it be a TV movie or character appearances on SGA, there will definitely be more Sam, Teal'c and Daniel. I guess I feel that 10 years is a good run, and that the actors would probably like to get on to something else now, too. I can't blame them!
            Me neither, Seshat. I agree with both you and Scarym that 10 years is a good run, and I wouldn't be surprised if the actors would like to pursue other things.

I feel the same as you - not very surprised to hear it end, and not completely devastated (but it doesn't mean I don't have any empathy for those who are very sad either). And as you said, it is good to see that there are differing opinions on it here.

I think that it could leave the door open to other things, and I think it would be great to see more Sam, Teal'c and Daniel, whether in guest appearances in SGA, a movie or mini series, whatever might be on the horizon.

Comment

Well all, I'm in for the night. Was up early this morning and it's getting a bit late.

Just one more group hug before I go:

(((((HUSSIES)))))

Don't worry, we will all get through this!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronja
                Oh please don't start posting pics of the good ol days...the begining... I'll start crying for sure

((((HUGE HUGS TO ALL HUSSIES))))

At least they are fighting it... lets hope they can think of something...? Right... everyone together now:

SG-1 WILL GO ON!
                Ditto Ronja, thanks honey. I can't green you again yet but I feel your pain!

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess
                  If anyone is interested, here is another link with information about writing letters and phoning to save the show. If the fans could save Daniel and get him back when he left the show at the end of season 5, we can save SG-1. Here is the link:

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=650
                  Thanks for that link, AG.

Note: If you guys want to make an impact, make sure you're heard, write letters, not emails. Emails are easy to delete, and letters are physical reminders of what we're doing... making sure the execs listen.

Include your demographics info: Location (state is usually enough) age bracket, income bracket, highest level of education completed, gender, general career info (lawyer, school bus driver, Fortune 500 CEO, domestic goddess, whatever) so they have an idea of who is watching. The wider the demographic, the better... generally.

Now... TROUT avoidance!

Dc: Yeah, we'll surrender... if you promise us a movie first.

Comment

Originally posted by purpletoo1
                    Yup, totally feel that way too.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
                      Thanks for that link, AG.

Note: If you guys want to make an impact, make sure you're heard, write letters, not emails. Emails are easy to delete, and letters are physical reminders of what we're doing... making sure the execs listen.

Include your demographics info: Location (state is usually enough) age bracket, income bracket, highest level of education completed, gender, general career info (lawyer, school bus driver, Fortune 500 CEO, domestic goddess, whatever) so they have an idea of who is watching. The wider the demographic, the better... generally.

Now... TROUT avoidance!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...stwins37yg.jpg

Dc: Yeah, we'll surrender... if you promise us a movie first.
                      LOL, I like how they think!

Comment

Originally posted by purpletoo1
                        *sigh* (((purple)))

Gonna try to get some sleep now.... yeah good luck with that...

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's shadow
                          Yup, totally feel that way too.
                          (((Daniel's shadow)))

night Ronja, hope you can sleep, I will dream of this in one form or another I'm sure

Comment

I am 43 years old and I have never felt so strongly about anyother TV show in my life. I found a real comfort in the show over the last ten through some pretty painful times in my life.

This may sound silly coming from a 43 year old women but I found watching Daniel go through all his trials and tribulation and how he dealt with them an inspiration.

Thank you Michael Shanks for bringing him to life and good luck and my god bless you and your beautiful family.

Comment

*sniffles*

Sci-Fi Channel........please......save Stargate SG-1.

sigpic
                              Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

((((Hussies))))

With some exceptions I have enjoyed seasons 9 and 10 and I still feel the show has a great deal of potential. I just hope RCC can pull somthing out of the bag and have SG1 continue on another station. It's not over yet!

AncientsTimeline

Comment

Working...
                                X