Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala adds more to the team than Sam does at this point. Plus, it's about time for Carter to get rotated out of the unit. She's been on an extremely active team for 8 years straight. She's a lot more valuable as a researcher/scientist than a ground pounder. Why would the SGC risk losing thier best brain when she could die simply by walking through the gate?

Vala breathes new life into the team. After 9 years, there needs to be someone to shake things up. Teal has looked bored out of his mind all season and Mitchell isn't really taking command. Daniel has more energy in him now than in the last 2 years combined.

I say make Sam recurring and keep Vala around.

D

Comment

Originally posted by derrickh
      Vala adds more to the team than Sam does at this point. Plus, it's about time for Carter to get rotated out of the unit. She's been on an extremely active team for 8 years straight. She's a lot more valuable as a researcher/scientist than a ground pounder. Why would the SGC risk losing thier best brain when she could die simply by walking through the gate?
      Well you could have said that about Sam and Daniel too from Day 1 on the show. I choose to ignore the practicality of the situation and love that Sam and Daniel both get to go off world all the time. I hope Sam doesn't ever leave the regular unit. If AT *chooses* to limit her time, I'd accept that, obviously. I'm looking forward to Sam interacting with the new SGC members. Vala should be recurring at the most, IMO.

Comment

I don’t see why Vala and Sam can't co-exist. I find Vala to be vital and lively and sexy in a way that Sam can only be by coincidence, (seemingly). Sam is a classic beauty, but the big brain first and foremost. Keep Vala! Please!

Comment

I totally agree with the fact that Daniel seems more alive than ever before! I think she is bringing in some needed fresh air! Personally, think that Vala and Sam could co-exist with each other. Again, the compromise could be she's just used as a recurring character. I just really hope that TPTB really bring her back.
          Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

I do not refer to Claudia Black in this post. When I say Vala, I mean the character as written thus far.

I was talking to a friend about Vala.

My revelation? She reminds me all too much of a Maybourne. In fact, she's like Daniel's Maybourne.

I loved Maybourne and Jack interaction. And Maybourne himself was fun to watch and livened up Jack. However, he could only be used in small doses. Even then he was irritating sometimes in those full episodes. I imagine if he were in 5 straight episodes I'd be kind of tired of him.

That's basically how I feel about Vala.

In terms of the plot/writing: I'm not entirely sold on why Sam should come back to SG-1, and even less so for Teal'c to tag along as he has. Anyone notice he barely had anything to do in the recent episode? (I swear I even caught Christopher Judge grinning in a scene Teal'c shouldn't have been grinning in ;P) The writers have a far bit of convincing to do.

But Vala has got to go away at LEAST temporarily and only to return in small doses so that EVERYONE will look forward to her episodes.

Can you say there's as much division on fan-feelings, or any sense of grand annoyance with any of the main team characters in the past? I don't think so, and maybe that's what's wrong with Vala. She turns too many people off to be a permanent team member.
            Last edited by Solanalos; 13 August 2005, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
              After yesterday's episode I'm going to miss Vala ten thousand times more than I thought. I have a feeling that really bad is gonna happen in "Beachhead"...
              they won't kill vala off. they might make it 'appear' that she's dead, but she won't be. she'll pop in later in the season to cause havoc.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Well, they may try to kill her off but she’s Daniels buddy and was connected to him via the bracelets so I am sure she would ascend bi-proxy.... Some of the ascended would love her, lots would like her, some would be annoyed with her and a few would be down right hostile. Ultimately due to this divisive nature the Others will just kick her back down to this plane of existence to get some more depth.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  they won't kill vala off. they might make it 'appear' that she's dead, but she won't be. she'll pop in later in the season to cause havoc.
                  sally
                  Me hope so
                  and maybe she\ll just leave because some reason
                  1. she found her lost family
                  2. she found Daniel\s clone who like her and want to make sex all the time
                  3. she found a bigger treasure!
                  4. AT is back and there's no place for Vala
                  5. The Ori take her
                  6. i need to go to work...bye

Comment

To me Vala is to Daniel as Mckay is to Sam(and I like Mckay).

I wouldent exactly want Vala as a regular and would prefer her to be a recurring character, but I wouldent care if she did come on fulltime.

Vala IMO went from annoying to likable in 3 episodes and TPTB finally gave her some more deph... It will be odd not seeing her in 2 weeks for me though.

Comment

I really did not like the character of Vala in season 8's Promethus Unbound. However I did like her in the first couple of episodes of season 9. But by episode 4 I found that I was tired of her. I did like the character development done in episode 5 (TPTB). At this point I would like to see her as a reaccuring character. But not as a full time character. I'm ready to see more of the rest of the characters than just Daniel and Vala. So I say give us a break from Vala after Beachhead and then bring her back either later in the season or next season for a guest spot or two or three....just not every episode.
                      Last edited by tsaxlady; 14 August 2005, 03:14 PM.
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Hi,

I love Vala's character, and i like her develop in this last episode. But i don't believe she really fits in the SGC. I see her as a recurring character, and i will be pleased with it. However, i don't mind she becames a full time character. Claudia is a great actress and she will do fantastic and one woman more in the show it's always welcome xD

Comment

Ya this last episode did well to give her character more depth. She definately should not be officially part of the SGC as that would require her character to change completely.

However a full time character, FOR SURE. She sure does spice up the energy of the show. She is the opposite of Sam.

Oh, I don't mean that at all as a knock on Sam.. rather that the characters are simply opposite.

I think Sam rocks, and can't wait to see her back.. I wonder though how her scientist mind will rap around the supernatural.
                          The WebGodFather

Hallowed is the Homer
                          All will bow to the "DOH"

Comment

Perhaps Vala will pull a Beckett.

Comment

Originally posted by Webgodfather
                              Ya this last episode did well to give her character more depth. She definately should not be officially part of the SGC as that would require her character to change completely.

However a full time character, FOR SURE. She sure does spice up the energy of the show. She is the opposite of Sam.

Oh, I don't mean that at all as a knock on Sam.. rather that the characters are simply opposite.

I think Sam rocks, and can't wait to see her back.. I wonder though how her scientist mind will rap around the supernatural.

Oh I agree with you totally. Sam is great, but I am not so sure she should rejoin SG1. Perhaps her role would be best served staying on base as a technical resource (and get rid of that doof Felger).

I do have to say though that I also see Vala as an 'opponent' to Daniel. Daniel has become quite snarky in the series (which is perfect), and Vala seems to be the perfect addition to SG1 because she gives it right back to him.

I love watching the show just to see the way the two of them interact!

Comment

Originally posted by wmikrut
                                Oh I agree with you totally. Sam is great, but I am not so sure she should rejoin SG1.

I do have to say though that I also see Vala as an 'opponent' to Daniel.

I love watching the show just to see the way the two of them interact!
                                I have to admit, I wonder how Sam will fit with the new direction.. allot of her attraction was that cuteness and the wonder when her and Jack would get together. The Goa'uld gave her great job security because she is just so dang smart.. cute too! But now the foe is more "spiritual".

I am confident though, the show will do the right thing and re-invent her as I believ they will with Teal'c and have with Daniel..

Either that or they will ditch everyone and make it the Daniel and Mitchel show.

I also, very much enjoy the banter back and forth between Vala and Daniel. It would be a mistake to deny the audience the obvious pleasure of seeing the constant moral/intelectual/everthing else conflict between the two.

I found myself this last episode feeling Vala is more and more a crucial part of the show and would be "galactically" dissappointed by her leaving.
                                The WebGodFather

Hallowed is the Homer
                                All will bow to the "DOH"

Comment

Working...
                                X