Vala Mal Doran/Sam Carter Friendship & Ship Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lissa1000
    I can see Sam and Vala going off world and having some wild adventure then coming back drunk saying "what, we didn't do anything." By the way,are there any Sam/Vala buddy fanfics?
    Sound a good story

Comment

I'm sure everyone has already seen this article already, but I really enjoyed these excerpts...

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...ay=Top+Stories

It's starting to drizzle, so Tapping commandeers a golf cart and volunteers to chauffeur fellow cast member, newbie Claudia Black (of Sci Fi's former series Farscape), who hops in to ride shotgun. The contrast is striking — the long, dark-haired Black and the blonde, blue-eyed Tapping. Someone else offers to drive but Tapping shoos them away. “I know how to operate this thing,” she says, then grins and races off.

Despite grey skies, the mood on set is understandably jubilant and relaxed.

<snip>

Tapping laughs, “We're jumping sharks all over the place today.”

She said she's enjoying season 10 immensely, after a numbing season nine — a year of returning to the set only weeks after giving birth to her daughter, feeding on demand, and oftentimes finding herself up at 4 a.m., memorizing her famously complex lines.

I really have to say that I was really pleased to read the above paragraph regarding Amanda and Claudia, because it really seemed to show them as getting along well and hopefully there isn't the same kind of animosity on the set as there appears to be amongst the different groups of fans. I'm sure last year Amanda felt really out of place when she returned after maternity leave and like she said in the article season nine was a numbing year for her and I can only expect that Claudia will be experiencing a lot of the same issues this year; so it's really nice to think that they have someone to share their new motherhood experiences with on the set.

I admit I'm probably not one of Vala's biggest supporters, but I do try to believe that the writers will redeem her and write in her a positive way that will allow me to care for her more; because I do genuinely like Claudia and for that reason alone I really do want to like Vala. I just hope that the fans don't take things personally this year the way they did last year when Amanda returned from her maternity leave and say hateful things about Claudia. Because in the end, regardless of who we like more, Amanda or Claudia, they are merely actresses trying to do a job to the best of their ability.

I just hope the writer's are willing to give both actresses scripts where they will be able to flex their acting muscles and really add more dimension to their characters. I think the amount of wonderful Vala/Sam interaction is only limited by the imaginations of the Stargate writers; and hopefully they will recognize both actress are so much more talented and deserving than to be used as just a pretty face this season.
      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 08 May 2006, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        I'm sure everyone has already seen this article already, but I really enjoyed these excerpts...

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...ay=Top+Stories

It's starting to drizzle, so Tapping commandeers a golf cart and volunteers to chauffeur fellow cast member, newbie Claudia Black (of Sci Fi's former series Farscape), who hops in to ride shotgun. The contrast is striking — the long, dark-haired Black and the blonde, blue-eyed Tapping. Someone else offers to drive but Tapping shoos them away. “I know how to operate this thing,” she says, then grins and races off.

Despite grey skies, the mood on set is understandably jubilant and relaxed.

<snip>

Tapping laughs, “We're jumping sharks all over the place today.”

She said she's enjoying season 10 immensely, after a numbing season nine — a year of returning to the set only weeks after giving birth to her daughter, feeding on demand, and oftentimes finding herself up at 4 a.m., memorizing her famously complex lines.

I really have to say that I was really pleased to read the above paragraph regarding Amanda and Claudia, because it really seemed to show them as getting along well and hopefully there isn't the same kind of animosity on the set as there appears to be amongst the different groups of fans. I'm sure last year Amanda felt really out of place when she returned after maternity leave and like she said in the article season nine was a numbing year for her and I can only expect that Claudia will be experiencing a lot of the same issues this year; so it's really nice to think that they have someone to share their new motherhood experiences with on the set.

I admit I'm probably not one of Vala's biggest supporters, but I do try to believe that the writers will redeem her and write in her a positive way that will allow me to care for her more; because I do genuinely like Claudia and for that reason alone I really do want to like Vala. I just hope that the fans don't take things personally this year the way they did last year when Amanda returned from her maternity leave and say hateful things about Claudia. Because in the end, regardless of who we like more, Amanda or Claudia, they are merely actresses trying to do a job to the best of their ability.

I just hope the writer's are willing to give both actresses scripts where they will be able to flex their acting muscles and really add more dimension to their characters. I think the amount of wonderful Vala/Sam interaction is only limited by the imaginations of the Stargate writers; and hopefully they will recognize both actress are so much more talented and deserving than to be used as just a pretty face this season.
        Thanks so much for posting this! I thought the same thing. I've been incredibly clear about my issues with the way Vala has been written, but I think Claudia Black is a class act, so seeing her and Amanda Tapping doing something as miniscule - yet spontaneous - as driving in a go cart together from Point A to Point B gives me some hope.

The writers can do (or not do, as the case apparently will be) whatever they want to Sam and Vala's potential relationship. It's the real life status of the actors that I always worry about, and considering both women were on set as The Sole Female at separate times, I'm hoping for some future behind-the-scenes action that shows us how the two actors have bonded with the doubled (or quadrupled) estrogen floating around. I think their onscreen and offscreen chemistry could really be fun to watch, if they give the two the opportunity and us a chance to see it.

And amen to the pretty faces statement! These two actresses, and the two on Atlantis, are so much more than that. If they give them ALL the chance to expand on their characters, the quality of the character development and the episodes would increase tenfold, I'm sure.

Comment

farscapism took this cap from a new S10 preview.

http://terrafirmascapers.com/index.php?topic=9831.0

A.
          VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
            Thank you for posting the that pic, ValaMalduran
            scarimor

Comment

This is what I wanna see in season 10!! Sam and Vala working together !!
              Spoiler:

Comment

Thanks for posting the pic! I am getting so insanely excited for he new season!
                And it's great to see the two ladies of SG-1 fighting side by side.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                  Thank you for posting the that pic, ValaMalduran
                  Yep! Thanks for that!

Comment

You're all welcome.

A.
                    VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

http://terrafirmascapers.com/index.php?topic=9831.0

A.

Thanks for posting this, ValaMalduran! I look forward to Sam and Vala kicking some butt together in season 10! I really hope the writers can do these two characters (and actresses) justice by giving them some really good interaction together!!

Comment

Ooo, is there a link to the preview that its capped from?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Ooo, is there a link to the preview that its capped from?
                          Here you go https://www.farscapism.com/

Comment

Something like this AD?

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            I'll take a Sam/Vala locker room scene
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
                              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth